SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kingddd said. I switched to the classic controller for Brawl because I felt that it suited my small hands better. I plan to get a Wii U Pro controller for SSB4 though, cause it looks cooler but has the same basic button and stick layout.

Edited by Anacybele

Pfft, real pros play with Wiimote + Nunchuk.

I'll be getting a Wii U Pro Controller and the Gamecube Adapter Bundle. I'll definitely try out every controller before setting with one.

Although GC Controller really is the perfect way to play Smash.

I see why people are reluctant to switch, seeing as its been a long time with the gamecube controller. Its funny to me because I remember when people used to make fun of how small the gamecube controller was and how the button layout was dumb compared to the other two consoles but now everyone loves em (then again I was like 11 or something).

Does anyone know if there will be a way to adjust what button does what? Because I would be much more ok with the wii u pro controller if the b button was 'A' and the y button was 'B' and then x and a are jump buttons.

I don't see why not, since that would be taking a step back from it's predecessor if it didn't the ability to switch controls.

Edited by Comet

I see why people are reluctant to switch, seeing as its been a long time with the gamecube controller. Its funny to me because I remember when people used to make fun of how small the gamecube controller was and how the button layout was dumb compared to the other two consoles but now everyone loves em (then again I was like 11 or something).

Does anyone know if there will be a way to adjust what button does what? Because I would be much more ok with the wii u pro controller if the b button was 'A' and the y button was 'B' and then x and a are jump buttons.

Brawl had a change controller button input options so hopefully they keep that feature.

Edit:

Also early update

zHrBmxF.png

Edited by kingddd

Its kinda cool to have put size for different fighting style and power for the Mii Fighters. And speaking of which, what's with the Gear Works appeared in the Coliseum? (the one where its right by at Mario is on the image)

Edited by King Marth 64

Its kinda cool to have put size for different fighting style and power for the Mii Fighters. And speaking of which, what's with the Gear Works appeared in the Coliseum? (the one where its right by at Mario is on the image)

Those are raised platforms. The ground will occasionally rise and fall creating elevated platforms.

It's kinda weird seeing machinery in an FE stage, but yeah, those are raised platforms.

As for the Miis, makes sense to me! ^^ Works for the Miis I made, even myself sort of. lol

So its gonna be like Mario Kart Wii where how you made your mii determines weight class

Nononono this is the lamest thing evar. I'm tall as f**k but skinny (kinda weak too) and I got the HEAVY class in MKWii RAGE. Inb4 I'm a power fighter in SSB4 :facepalm:. I hope there are more factors that determine whether you're a speed or power fighter .-.

Nononono this is the lamest thing evar. I'm tall as f**k but skinny (kinda weak too) and I got the HEAVY class in MKWii RAGE. Inb4 I'm a power fighter in SSB4 :facepalm:. I hope there are more factors that determine whether you're a speed or power fighter .-.

You might have to make a midget version of yourself if you want a speed fighter. You could call it "Mini-me" :P

Unfortunately, it still won't fix your problem. Obviously height = weight class and fighting style.

Edited by Kyea

You guys need to quit using that Gamecube controller... that was two gens ago, get with the times. In Brawl I used Wiimote + Nunchuck and in SSB4 I plan to use the Wii U Pro controller.

So I have to play with a controller thats its horrible, sucks, its uncomfortable and slow when I could be using one that is perfect for the game, simple, more comfortable and allows me to use all the ATs? Sure. You really have no idea xDDD

Edited by Volug Vanguard

So I have to play with a controller thats its horrible, sucks, its uncomfortable and slow when I could be using one that is perfect for the game, simple, more comfortable and allows me to use all the ATs? Sure. You really have no idea xDDD

A Wii U Pro Controller feels even better than the gamecube controller to be honest. Heck I think Wii U Pro Controller > Xbox 360 > XboxOne > PS4 >>>>>>> Gamecube.

A Wii U Pro Controller feels even better than the gamecube controller to be honest. Heck I think Wii U Pro Controller > Xbox 360 > XboxOne > PS4 >>>>>>> Gamecube.

Not to be rude Kingddd, but you have absolutey no idea and you probably have never ever played Smash Bros competitevely if you really think that ...

And its not just the fact that Game Cube Controller is like DESIGNED perfect for smash only (As it has been stated by all kind of profesional players) is that the controller itself is very good and very appreciated, even considered among the bests, if not the best, controller ever done for most kind of games. But definetely it is the best option BY FAR for playing all the smash games

Is the Gamecube adapter only going to work for Smash?

The controller is coming back 100% due Smash (Mostly Melee) players demanding it for the new smash, but I think they stated it will also work for other games and that they may even considered it for new games. For example, I think they stated Wind Waker HD (The remake ported to Wii U) would work with the Game Cube controller by using the adapter, but they didnt go further in details with it.

Regardless the idea and the money comes mainly for the smashers, but I guess they will check the possibility