SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely they'll be allowed to reveal whatever was shown soon, right?

Hopefully, but remember that we're less than two weeks away from the Japanese release. I remember that it took less than a day for the people with Japanese copies of Brawl to find out the entire roster and post it on Gamefaqs. Although the fact that things like SSE made unlocking every character so easy had something to do with that. I'm sure if we had things like Melee's more difficult unlocks, such as playing 20 hours to unlock Mewtwo or that very "Guide Dang It" method of getting Luigi it would've taken longer. But, I think once the game comes out over there all the non-disclosure agreements made my Japanese journalists end and I'm sure some Japanese magazine or strategy guide will say how to get everything, and naturally that would wind up worldwide on the internet almost immediately. Though, since it's basically been confirmed that the leakers were shown videos and screenshots and didn't get their leaked stuff by playing the game themselves, I think the leaked CSS is probably the final one and that text "leak" of more characters is a fake.

Also, don't call me Shirley.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

Hopefully, but remember that we're less than two weeks away from the Japanese release. I remember that it took less than a day for the people with Japanese copies of Brawl to find out the entire roster and post it on Gamefaqs. Although the fact that things like SSE made unlocking every character so easy had something to do with that. I'm sure if we had things like Melee's more difficult unlocks, such as playing 20 hours to unlock Mewtwo or that very "Guide Dang It" method of getting Luigi it would've taken longer. But, I think once the game comes out over there all the non-disclosure agreements made my Japanese journalists end and I'm sure some Japanese magazine or strategy guide will say how to get everything, and naturally that would wind up worldwide on the internet almost immediately. Though, since it's basically been confirmed that the leakers were shown videos and screenshots and didn't get their leaked stuff by playing the game themselves, I think the leaked CSS is probably the final one and that text "leak" of more characters is a fake.

Yeah, you do have a point. With the Japanese release so close now, there probably isn't any point in showing off what was revealed now. But I still can't wait to see what the Japanese dig up in two weeks! :D

And I still have my fingers crossed that they discover a Vanguard Ike alternate costume.

Edited by Anacybele

You know, I was super anti-Miis-in-Smash for the longest time, but then I went and made a bunch when they showed they were the "wireframes" of this game...

Now I have a bunch of characters that would never make it in (like FE antagonists and GoT characters) and historical figures waiting to be unleashed into Smash... And Miis are suddenly one of the characters I'm most hyped to play as. XD

I will challenge you with my Jon Snow and Stannis mii. ph34r. I really am excited for Mii Fighter.

0NTw2mT.jpg

Today's PotD confirms Riki as an Assist Trophy and as part of Shulk's Final Smash. Sakurai doesn't refer to him as the Heropon, sadly. Tingle's also confirmed to return as well.

Why do i get the impression that Shulk's FS is going to rotate? If i see Shulk's FS happen and Reyn and Melia pop up, i wont be surprised. But really excited.

If Shulk's final smash rotates, it'd be cool if Robin's did too. Just seeing Chrom every single time would get sort of boring after a while, probably in the same manner of always seeing Riki and Dunbar

For those who care: A bunch of Smash players will be streaming Smash 4 as soon as it launches.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2f65cp/reminder_japanese_3ds_streamer_list_important/

Edit: it seems that Nintendo has removed Ganondorf from the Smash 4 trailer.

Edited by shinpichu

If Shulk's final smash rotates, it'd be cool if Robin's did too. Just seeing Chrom every single time would get sort of boring after a while, probably in the same manner of always seeing Riki and Dunbar

I don't see these two Final Smashes comparable in terms of cast: Shulk has Reyn, Fiora, Sharla, Dunban, Melia and Riki and it's a chain attack were he teams up with two characters rather than Robin using the Pair Up style that has much more options than the heir to the Monado. Although seeing other Shepherds might be good but I don't see this happening.

If Shulk's FS rotates between the other chars, maybe they can settle the default Dunban+Riki and come up with Reyn+Sharla and Melia+Ether!Fiora (omg Mind Blast, Final Cross and Monado Cyclone would trully be awesome). They can pull Eater or Purge in the Reyn+Sharla chain attack or something.

Edited by Quintessence

For those who care: A bunch of Smash players will be streaming Smash 4 as soon as it launches.

Oh, cool! Of course, I hope they try out Ike and Luigi. :D And the other characters I wish to play as too (Robin, Toon Link, Rosalina, Duck Hunt Dog, Falco, Charizard)!

It's kinda late to remove Ganny from that trailer though lol.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't see these two Final Smashes comparable in terms of cast: Shulk has Reyn, Fiora, Sharla, Dunban, Melia and Riki and it's a chain attack were he teams up with two characters rather than Robin using the Pair Up style that has much more options than the heir to the Monado. Although seeing other Shepherds might be good but I don't see this happening.

If Shulk's FS rotates between the other chars, maybe they can settle the default Dunban+Riki and come up with Reyn+Sharla and Melia+Ether!Fiora (omg Mind Blast, Final Cross and Monado Cyclone would trully be awesome). They can pull Eater or Purge in the Reyn+Sharla chain attack or something.

I wasn't aware Xenoblade didn't have that many party characters, my bad. Haven't had a chance to play it myself, but that seems like a logical and production efficient way of doing his final smash, in predefined pairs like that

I'll be sad if Reyn doesn't have some sort of appearance in the game other than trophy, never was a big fan of Riki anyways. (He's the only member of the Xenoblade cast I never use.)

I'll be sad if Reyn doesn't have some sort of appearance in the game other than trophy, never was a big fan of Riki anyways. (He's the only member of the Xenoblade cast I never use.)

Wot, you should totally feel bad :'[. Riki's pretty useful when he stacks status ailments on enemies with Lurgy, Freezinate, Burninate, Tantrum, Roly Poly and then deal tons of damage with Say Sorry, Riki's pretty tricky and useful, can heal and bring tension high in battles (probably the reason why Riki is in Shulk's FS, because Happy Happy making Chain Attack procs faster apnd easier). Edited by Quintessence

That's wishful thinking at this point for Robin.

Riki is seriously broken. So goddamn broken. "Riki win by himself" is canon. Heropon beat enemy good. Happy Happy and You Can Do It is really that fucking wrong. With Initial Tension gems and his debuff arts equipped, he is the guy carrying the support of your team. I never main him, yet hes always making battles easier. Link his skills too and gape.

Fool is the one who doth not use Riki in battle. /folds arms.

Anyway back to your regular scheduled Smash....

Wot, you should totally feel bad :'[. Riki's pretty useful when he stacks status ailments on enemies with Lurgy, Freezinate, Burninate, Tantrum, Roly Poly and then deal tons of damage with Say Sorry, Riki's pretty tricky and useful, can heal and bring tension high in battles (probably the reason why Riki is in Shulk's FS, because Happy Happy making Chain Attack procs faster apnd easier).

I don't know, just not fond of "mascot" characters, plus I don't think he's as interesting as the other dudes.

Riki is seriously broken. So goddamn broken. "Riki win by himself" is canon. Heropon beat enemy good. Happy Happy and You Can Do It is really that fucking wrong. With Initial Tension gems and his debuff arts equipped, he is the guy carrying the support of your team. I never main him, yet hes always making battles easier. Link his skills too and gape.

Fool is the one who doth not use Riki in battle. /folds arms.

Anyway back to your regular scheduled Smash....

I've never been the one known for taking the easy way. Much to my own dismay...

Since we can be pretty much 100% certain Sakurai is aware of the leak, the new pic either means:

1. Sakurai wants to prove to us that the leaked CSS isn't the full roster (basically saying that even though there was a picture inside All-Star mode among the leaked screenshots there still might be more characters)

2. Sakurai wants us to believe that the leaked CSS screen isn't the final roster even though it actually is.

As for Riki being so good in battle, there is one story I heard about that (I think it was in Chuggaaconroy's LP of Xenoblade): Riki originally had the lowest HP of any party member, however one day one of the developers decided to greatly increase it to more than anyone else as a joke in one of the incomplete builds of the game before sending that build off to the testers. The testers loved the boosted-up Riki so much that he had the highest HP of all the party members in all of the following builds, including the complete version of the game. That's why Riki is such a good tank.

2. Sakurai wants us to believe that the leaked CSS screen isn't the final roster even though it actually is.

As cool as Ridley and Dixie and them would be, I must agree that the screen we got was likely it. The only thing that makes me believe it might not be is the bizarre layout with the clones on the side and all that, and that maybe fully unlocking everyone fixes it? But if that was the final roster, I'm pretty satisfied. Every newcomer looks fantastic and unique and fun to play. Except for Dark Pit for all I know.

All star mode in chronological order is super cool. A cool little way to learn about the history of the characters.

Why would Sakurai want us to believe something that's not true? I don't see him being like that.

I hope that wasn't the complete roster though, as I've said before.

All-Star mode seems specifically made this time to accommodate more character additions. I believe now more than ever that we'll get more than what we've seen, even if the leak is what will be in the base game at launch.

Wow is Peach really that new? Or is that because the other characters debuted MUCH earlier?

I like the PotD though, the new waiting area looks nice, and I like the way they ordered the characters. I wonder who's last though (with every character unlocked)...

Shulk is probably last, as his game is pretty recent.

EDIT: No, wait, that'll be Greninja. He debuted only about a year ago.

Edited by Anacybele