SAT scores are out.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not like it when people talk about their SAT scores, especially when they complain about them ;n;

I wasn't trying to complain, so sorry if it came across as a complaint, because I really hate annoying people. (And I totally understand you about the complaining thing; I'm constantly hearing it. :P)

2030 Super Score.

I'm glad I broke 2000 even if it's a little cheap since it's only because of my SS. Haha. W/e. Already got college and everything planned out a long time ago so who gives a darn at this point?

I wasn't trying to complain, so sorry if it came across as a complaint, because I really hate annoying people. (And I totally understand you about the complaining thing; I'm constantly hearing it. :P)

>"Disappointment"

That wasn't what I was saying =o

It's just that any time people even mention their scores...

It reminds me how judgemental they would be of mine

And the people complaining about their bad scores.... that are way better than my score

>"Disappointment"That wasn't what I was saying =oIt's just that any time people even mention their scores...It reminds me how judgemental they would be of mineAnd the people complaining about their bad scores.... that are way better than my score

Here's a true story that will make you feel better. My senior class took the ACT, and one of my classmates fell asleep in the middle of it. He woke up with about thirty minutes to go, and put down random answers to finish as much as he could before time was up. Take pride in your ability to remain conscious throughout the entire SAT.

Whatever the reason, I kept improving each time I took the SATs. I went from an [spoiler=because not everyone likes seeing these]1800 to a 1910 to a 2060.

Go figure right?

It doesn't matter all that much to me since I got into some pretty nice colleges with the scores I had. JHU rejected me on the spot, though I was accepted everywhere else. I have buds who had 2360's and what not, and some of them are going to ivies and MIT, but that's kind of ridiculous unless you have a fast working brain or a hell of a lot of initiative to study for it. I had neither, so I'm happy with what I had.

It'll be a while for AP exams to get out. I'm kinda worried about BC Calc and Classical Mechanics... I'm fairly good at both, but I was a little edgy at the time and didn't study nearly as much as I should have.

AP's are a lot more beneficial for college, don't focus too much on SATs.

800 critical reading get at me

(don't even remember what my other two were; i want to say my score was in the two thousands? it was good enough to get me into my college)

EDIT: oh hey my school saved it

looks like 560/800/690 math/reading/writing, 2050 all told

i was happy cause i didn't care and also i skipped high school geometry in its entirety which boned me on the math score because i didn't study for the test at all

i'm in college to be an engineer you know

Edited by Integrity

How far did that get you?

Acceptances to Emory University (going there this fall), Boston College, NYU, Johns Hopkins, Tufts, Carnegie Mellon, Georgetown, The College of William and Mary, George Washington University and (eternal) waitlists at Columbia and Yale. Also rejections from UPenn, Harvard, and Cornell.

SAT scores really play a much smaller role in the application process than one may think.

>"Disappointment"

That wasn't what I was saying =o

It's just that any time people even mention their scores...

It reminds me how judgemental they would be of mine

And the people complaining about their bad scores.... that are way better than my score

Eh, I'm not the type to judge. (Well, that is, I judge, but I only judge my family members. :P)

But yeah, I'm slightly disappointed because I didn't get the score I aimed for. But I have another chance. Or two. So yeah.

Here's a true story that will make you feel better. My senior class took the ACT, and one of my classmates fell asleep in the middle of it. He woke up with about thirty minutes to go, and put down random answers to finish as much as he could before time was up. Take pride in your ability to remain conscious throughout the entire SAT.

Daaaaaaaaannnnnngggg... I guess it's those people that put me high up in the percentiles list even though I don't study. :P

But seriously, Americans don't seem to study that much.

Not that that's bad. One thing I've noticed in Korea is that THE KIDS STUDY WAAAAAAAAY TOO MUCH. D:< It's sickening how little time a lot of them have.

800 critical reading get at me

(don't even remember what my other two were; i want to say my score was in the two thousands? it was good enough to get me into my college)

EDIT: oh hey my school saved it

looks like 560/800/690 math/reading/writing, 2050 all told

i was happy cause i didn't care and also i skipped high school geometry in its entirety which boned me on the math score because i didn't study for the test at all

i'm in college to be an engineer you know

This gives me hope. Thanks. :P

Although, you did better in that you got an 800 for Critical Reading, probably the most important section of the exam.

But yeah, I really need scholarships. -_-'

First time 2400. trololololol

Holy crap that was like two years ago.

So I guess you're one of those Asians that excels - or at least does well - in everything?

Koreans. :facepalm:

/is Korean, too, but doesn't give a damn about things.

Acceptances to Emory University (going there this fall), Boston College, NYU, Johns Hopkins, Tufts, Carnegie Mellon, Georgetown, The College of William and Mary, George Washington University and (eternal) waitlists at Columbia and Yale. Also rejections from UPenn, Harvard, and Cornell.

SAT scores really play a much smaller role in the application process than one may think.

Wow.

Shit man, I love Johns Hopkins and made it my ED choice. Got rejected, unfortunately. Weird thing is, quite a few people were getting in there with lower SAT scores than what I had.

But congrats man, those are fantastic schools.

W-well idk if this is because Indiana's too lenient or something, but I scored 1700 and got accepted into every college I applied to...

While my ACT was even 20.

So would that provide you even more comfort?

So I guess you're one of those Asians that excels - or at least does well - in everything?

Koreans. :facepalm:

/is Korean, too, but doesn't give a damn about things.

Wow.

Just don't lose hope! I mean, be realistic and weigh every option evenly, but never lose sight of your goals.

Shit man, I love Johns Hopkins and made it my ED choice. Got rejected, unfortunately. Weird thing is, quite a few people were getting in there with lower SAT scores than what I had.

But congrats man, those are fantastic schools.

Man, if you went for science, then you probably got shafted by the people who said they were going for like... English, or something. It's like everyone wants to do BME there (which is why I ended up not going), so they pick like the tip-top pinnacle of science students, and then judge the rest of the applicants like a regular college admissions pool. :C

(also, SAT scores don't mean jack. There are soooo many higher-ranking factors like sports... or family... or presidential recommendations. Oh christ, there were three brothers from my school who got into Harvard with abysmal grades and other things mainly because their great-great-great-great grandfather was some big econ professor there. x_x

Edited by Naminé

Man, if you went for science, then you probably got shafted by the people who said they were going for like... English, or something. It's like everyone wants to do BME there (which is why I ended up not going), so they pick like the tip-top pinnacle of science students, and then judge the rest of the applicants like a regular college admissions pool. :C

(also, SAT scores don't mean jack. There are soooo many higher-ranking factors like sports... or family... or presidential recommendations. Oh christ, there were three brothers from my school who got into Harvard with abysmal grades and other things mainly because their great-great-great-great grandfather was some big econ professor there. x_x

Yeah, I'm aware. I figured as much because I was going for Neuroscience and Computer Science.

But Hamilton College, Lehigh University, and Brandeis University all accepted me, so I'm fairly content with how things turned out.

Scholarships weren't going to help me at all, unless by fluke chance I was able to get that PSAT scholarship with the really long acronym.

I was lucky with one of my top picks to get enough financial aid, though I'll have to do a work study on top of academics.

Yeah, I'm aware. I figured as much because I was going for Neuroscience and Computer Science.

But Hamilton College, Lehigh University, and Brandeis University all accepted me, so I'm fairly content with how things turned out.

Lehigh's a great school. I worked in a lab with a guy studying matsci there. He loves it! :newyears: