QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Requesting the same thing I've been requesting for about three days now

I can't really decide on a favourite - ahhh, I guess on a whim the Hare and the Tortoise due to having an extremely important moral.

Requesting the same thing I've been requesting for about three days now

I can't really decide on a favourite - ahhh, I guess on a whim the Hare and the Tortoise due to having an extremely important moral.

If you can't win through merit, cheat?

If mythology counts then Thyrmskvitha

Because thor beating up frost giants in a dress is great

Oh yes. So much yes. That one is one of my favorites too. Heimdall being the one to give Thor and Loki that idea just...oh it slays me.

If you can't win through merit, cheat?

were you reading a different version in which the tortoise gets his mafia contacts to break the hare's legs midway through the race

because man if so then link that shit

were you reading a different version in which the tortoise gets his mafia contacts to break the hare's legs midway through the race

because man if so then link that shit

The version I read involved the tortoise placing his identical family members around the track so he could trick everyone into thinking he was faster than he was.

huh

I like that idea but that wasn't the version I know

The version I know is thus;

There was this hare and there was this tortoise, and the hare bet the tortoise like a million bucks he could win a footrace. The tortoise accepted. The hare was fuckin' fast, yeah, and the tortoise was a tortoise. But the hare was a dozy cunt and fuckin' fell asleep. He slept for a fuckin' long time during which the tortoise overtook him and won. The moral is fuck arrogance and diligence owns.

The version I read involved the tortoise placing his identical family members around the track so he could trick everyone into thinking he was faster than he was.

Hahahahahaha

This is the Looney Tunes version, starring Bugs Bunny and the wily tortoise. I've watched it; my family owns it. It's not exactly a faithful adaptation :P:

Also I had the interactive book version of the Tortoise and the Hare (by Living Books) when I was young and it was the best thing ever.

I'd like to change my favourite fairy tale to Bradford City beating Notts County, Watford, Burton, Wigan, Arsenal and Villa on the way from the First Round to the League Cup final. They were a League Two (fourth tier, aka 'not even A-League quality') team at the time.

(swansea beat them 5-0 in the final but still)

Edited by Parrhesia

huh

I like that idea but that wasn't the version I know

The version I know is thus;

There was this hare and there was this tortoise, and the hare bet the tortoise like a million bucks he could win a footrace. The tortoise accepted. The hare was fuckin' fast, yeah, and the tortoise was a tortoise. But the hare was a dozy cunt and fuckin' fell asleep. He slept for a fuckin' long time during which the tortoise overtook him and won. The moral is fuck arrogance and diligence owns.

this is the best thing

I happened to like the Chinese story of the boy who have away all his things to those less fortunate, went to get some wishes he wan entitled to, but ended up using them all for others. However, on his way home all the people he made wishes for have him magnificent rewards.

I don't remember the name, but I quite like that story.

New question!

This is it. It is the end...

>pressed to ask Parrhesia's question

>throws in the towel entirely

And yeah sure continue the thread, at least for a bit longer.

Edited by Euklyd