30 members have voted

1. 1. Mage Severa

• Yeah, use her
    • Nah, pun intended

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When your allies aren't around anyway. Maybe PKL will want to battle in clusterfuck mode, who knows.

Just one last thing before I go to sleep. Why not use both Lissa and Mariebelle? They both technically use magic and eventually have acces to tomes.

Just one last thing before I go to sleep. Why not use both Lissa and Mariebelle? They both technically use magic and eventually have acces to tomes.

I don't like them They don't start with tomes and the run is considerably easier with both of them spamming staves around. The point of this challenge is to have bad durability units with only items as their resource for healing (and their staves if they go Sage later on)

I've decided to allow Renown up to the Speedwing because that thing might come in handy, considering Im gonna be using Ricken and Henry.

Time to start!

Female

Build> 01

Face> 04

Hair> 05

Hair Color> 07

Voice> Female 1

Name> Claire

Asset> Speed

Flaw> Skill

Premonition

Why does this chapter exist? It's so annoying to play in each playthrough, I wish it was optional!

Anyway, I turn off Story Voices because they annoy me and I have Chrom pair into Claire unequipped.

In Turn 2, she uses Thoron on Validar and gets a 5% crit in the first hit, finishing Validar off just like that. Rofl.

TURNS 2

HEROES None

Edited by PKL

PKL is so good forcing himself to use Miriel who he hates profoundly. :P

Anyway you are using Noire so this playthrough has the Breezy Seal of Approval*

*trademarked of Shadowbreeze64 inc.

Chapter 1

I begin by making Chrom give his weapons to Claire and pairing him with her. Lissa and Frederick hide. Claire goes left and up.

Turn 2, I have Claire heal up with a Vulnerary and I have Fred pair with Lissa and they keep hiding. She finishes off a barbarian in the EP and keeps damaging the myrm and hits another Barbarian. The mage comes closer. Turn 3 I have her kill a barbarian and the mage goes for Lissa. The myrm kills itself on Claire. I have Lissa heal Claire Claire hits the myrm twice and then Lissa once again tanks the mage. Claire now finished off the mage and Lissa healed her. She then gets in range of the next enemy group. She lures them and kills the mage in the next turn's PP. In the EP, she can now double one of the myrms so she owns him, the other survives. Lissa heals her and Claire finishes off the myrm. Lissa heals her again in the next turn and Claire stands in range of the boss. In EP, the boss freaking crits for 21 damage out of 23 hp with 4% crit. Good thing I healed her (also it's all sorts of stupid that IS made these enemies in the PROLOGUE have so much crit /rant) Anyway, she survives and hits him twice for 16 damage. Lissa heals her again and I am cautious and make her chug a vulnerary so she can have above 21 hp. GUESS WHAT? The boss crits her again but he then falls to her attacks.

TURNS 10

HEROES Claire and Chrom

Claire 6.25 HP 24 Str 7 Mag 6 Skl 6 Spd 12 Lck 6 Def 6 Res 6 Sword E Tome D

Lissa 2.00 HP 18 Str 2 Mag 5 Skl 4 Spd 5 Lck 9 Def 3 Res 4 Staff E

i don't get why you just don't use lissa either

To make it more challenging.

Are you going to Mire snipe Validar in chapter 23?

Maybe.

Chapter 1

I like how I messed up and called Prologue Chapter 1 in the previous post, derp. Anyways,

Frederick trades his Silver Lance to Chrom and pairs up with Claire, who uses Bronze Sword instead of Thunder because it lacks uses already. She ORKO'd pretty much everything and faced no chance of death all chapter. She used thunder for the archer and the boss. The chapter was pretty much throwing her at things and making them die.

TURNS 4

HEROES Claire and Frederick

Claire 9.20 HP 27 Str 9 Mag 7 Skl 7 Spd 13 Lck 6 Def 8 Res 9 Sword E Tome D

Lissa same as previous chapter

Chapter 2

I start off by making Virion trade the Elixir to Vaike and Vaike pairs with Claire. She uses Bronze Sword turn 1 because Thunder isn't enough. She then gets to the fort Turn 2 and Miriel arrives. Claire switches to Thunder to weaken the enemies and Miriel@Fred goes and kills off a Barbarian. She finishes a soldier off Turn 3 EP and takes a hit from him. The other didn't die but he missed an 80 something (not neccesary). She gets hp mag spd as her first level. A soldier was following Sully and Stahl around but they outran him and he now heads towards Claire instead. Miriel finishes off the soldier and instead of sitting on the fort, she sits on the other soldier's range because she dodged a hit last turn. I have Vaike trade Miriel the Elixir and Lissa gets out of the soldier's range. The soldier now takes 11 out of 23 hp with Miriel's Fire in EP. Claire trades her a Thunder tome with 8 uses and Miriel goes down and gets healed by Lissa, who also trades her a vulnerary. The soldier dies in EP to thunder. I now have Lissa heal both Miriel and Claire for a few turns and think about how will I lure these enemies without dying. I personally hate this chapter because it's so devoid of thought. The enemies are pretty randomly placed and all aggro at the same time. It's so mindless. /rant Anyway, I have Claire get back the Thunder tome and she lures a Mercenary and pulls the entire group...oh boy. Here we go. Pick a God and pray. I have Claire go back to the fort and Miriel and Lissa gtfo out of there too. Claire weakens some enemies and is perfectly because fort <3. Miriel lures a Merc towards her so she can get exp and gets:

Hp str spd lck res She's apparently a staunch believer in amellioration, whatever that is!

A few enemies come down towards Claire to attack her and her thunder breaks so she start countering with Bronze Sword. A soldier is lured towards Miriel after she's healed by Lissa. A merc dies to Claire, she gets another terrible level like all my avatars, hurray. She can apparently ORKO barbs now, so she does that to one that attacks her. Oh, she also ORKOs the soldier. Dammit, that was exp for Miriel! I'm almost ouf of this hell-ish chapter. Just one boss to go! I checked how Miriel would do vs the boss...and knowing my luck, I'm not gonna risk this chapter's clear on a 7% crit. So I have Claire weaken him and then Miriel finishes him off. I have Claire sit next to the boss with a Bronze Sword, boss misses and gets countered for 12 damage. In PP, she strikes him for 12 damage again and Miriel finishes him off with Fire and attained Weapon Level D.

TURNS 16

HEROES Claire and Vaike

Claire is now benched

Miriel 3.92 HP 20 Str 1 Mag 7+2 Skl 5 Spd 9 Lck 7 Def 3 Res 5 Tome D

Lissa 3.60 HP 19 Str 2 Mag 6 Skl 4 Spd 5 Lck 10 Def 3 Res 4 Staff E

WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO?

FrederickxMiriel C happened in the world map.

I shall!

Chapter 3

Since I didn't really say anything about meatshielding because I forgot, I allowed myself to do so this chapter. Basically, Miriel@Fred lured the soldier and archer and countered them after Chrom recruited Kellam and they got out of the way. Then, unequipped Chrom Miriel and unequipped Kellam blocked Lissa and Sumia from getting owned. Miriel got rid of enemies as they targetted Chrom or Lissa (the archers) and when there was only 1 archer left, Miriel started attacking it in EP while Chrom got hit every turn instead and spammed vulnerary. Speaking of vulneraries, I have only 1 use left lol. After all that ruckus, Miriel made her way to the west door and opened it, killing the Armor Knight on the way and then getting healed by Lissa so she could lure the Merc and the Archer. Miriel can now ORKO archers, so that's one less problem. The Merc got finished off in Player Phase and Miriel chokepointed the opening so Lissa couldn't get attacked by the Fighter. Miriel ORKO'd that fighter and got healed by Lissa. She then proceeded to lure out the Archer next to the boss and ORKO'd him then the Hammer Fighter and Merc aggro'd. So Miriel ORKO'd the Fighter in PP and got healed by Lissa so she could tank the merc in EP and then kill it in the other PP. Miriel then proceeded to 2RKO the boss with Fire.

TURNS 20

HEROES Frederick and Miriel

Miriel 8.55 HP 23 Str 1 Mag 9+2 Skl 8 Spd 14 Lck 8 Def 5 Res 7 Tome C Frederick C

Lissa 4.80 HP 19 Str 2 Mag 7 Skl 5 Spd 5 Lck 10 Def 3 Res 4 Staff D

I bought 10 Defense Tonics because I definetely NEED THEM. Bought a Wind tome and a Thunder tome too.

I applied a Def Tonic to Miriel and I use the Wireless feature to obtain up to the Bullion (L) from Renown Awards. I sell that Bullion (L) and have a dilemma. Should I reclass Miriel to Dark Mage right away when she hits Level 10 soon or should I go Sage first? I'm leaning towards Dark Mage now for the durability.

Paralogue 1 Sickle to Sword

I start by having Fred pair with Miriel and she kills the Barbarian, then kills the Archer and weakens the thief in EP. The thief is killed in PP 2 and a barbarian explodes to her in EP. She then kills an Archer in PP and a Barbarian in the EP and reaches Level 10. Turn 4, I have her move left and Second Seal her to Dark Mage.

HP 25+2

Str 1+1

Mag 11-1

Skl 9-1

Spd 15-1

Lck 10

Def 5+2

Res 7+1

She then proceeds to annihilate everything in one round, except for thieves. She killed the thief with the Killer Lance with time to spare and then got the Rescue staff chest. She then made her way to the boss and 2HKO'd him with Thunder.

TURNS 13

Miriel 5.82 HP 31 Str 3 Mag 12+2 Skl 10 Spd 15 Lck 11 Def 9 Res 11 Tome B Frederick B

Chapter 4

This is getting too easy! Miriel first kills the 2 barbarians in the south and then the mages. The Knights both aggro and she takes out one in PP and the other in EP. She then proceeds to kill off Lucina and the other 2 barbarians.

TURNS 5

Miriel 8.05 HP 34 Str 3 Mag 14+2 Skl 12 Spd 17 Lck 13 Def 10 Res 12 Tome B Frederick B

I forged the Wind tome to 6 MT and give it to Sumia in preparation for next chapter.

Chapter 5

Chrom pairs with Sumia and she flies 1 tile south of the Event Tile. Maribelle pairs with Ricken and he goes towards the Event Tile and trades Sumia's def tonic, Speedwings Wind forge and a Vulnerary. He also uses that def tonic and obtains a Catharsis from the event tile. Miriel goes up and kills the myrmidon. In EP, the dark mage dies to Miriel and the Barbarian goes for Ricken. Miriel now puts herself in range of all the southern enemies, a Wyvern and the enemies to the left so she can KO all of them and save Ricken. Ricken kills off the barbarian that attacked him now. In EP, the enemies die to Miriel and a Myrmidon and a Barbarian come from the north. The myrmidon is dealt with by Miriel and Ricken transfers Frederick to him and trades Miriel's tomes to him so shes unequipped in EP, he also uses a Vulnerary. In EP, the barbarian goes for Ricken, leaving him at 12 hp and the remaining wyvern goes for Miriel. Sumia and Chrom are out of range. In the next turn, Ricken uses the Wind forge to OHKO the wyvern and gets an hp mag spd def res level. Miriel now trades back her tomes from Rciken. In EP, the barbarian dies to Ricken. Miriel kills the Hand Axe barbarian reinforcement in PP. Ricken gets out of range and uses a Vulnerary. Miriel goes left and kills a Myrmidon reinforcement. Ricken uses a vulnerary and stands in range of the 2 wyvern reinforcements with the Wind forge equipped. In EP, a barbarian dies to Miriel. Ricken kills off the Wyvern and gets a Lck only level, raaaage. Ricken now stood on the fort and used the Speedwings and countered a Dark Mage in EP. The Dark Mage is dealt with by Ricken in the following turns and he's even healed back to full hp. I split Miriel and Ricken up, Ricken goes to lure the east Wyvern and Miriel is on the other side, luring the myrmidon barbarian and Dark Mage. Miriel kills those enemies and Ricken kills the wyvern and gets mag spd lck. Miriel finishes off a Wyvern in PP and Ricken lures the boss to him in EP, doing 29 damage out of 34 hp and then finishing him off in PP.

TURNS 12

Miriel 10.92 HP 36 Str 3 Mag 14+2 Skl 12 Spd 18 Lck 14 Def 10 Res 13 Tome A Frederick A

Ricken 6.73 HP 21 Str 3 Mag 10+2 Skl 6 Spd 9* Lck 12 Def 7 Res 4 Tome D

Paralogue 2

Claire pairs with Ricken as I think it's the most convenient pair he's got right now. Frederick pairs with Miriel. The chapter consisted of Ricken getting exp off of the enemies near the start and Miriel being a bit more reckless and going towards the village, clearing any enemies she encountered on the way. NPC Anna died to bad RNG, but I managed to save the village. When the boss started moving, things got real because I forgot I had Chrom on the bushes near the start and the boss started moving towards him. I managed to save the run by rushing both Ricken and Miriel to him as fast as I could. Good thing Berserkers don't ignore bushes or else Chrom would be toast. Miriel got the boss kill with a thunder tome, wow she had 32% crit.

TURNS 13

HEROES Claire and Ricken

Miriel 10/12.93 HP 38 Str 4 Mag 15+2 Skl 13 Spd 19 Lck 15 Def 10 Res 13 Tome A Frederick A

RIcken 9.40 HP 24 Str 3 Mag 13+2 Skl 8 Spd 10 Lck 14 Def 9 Res 6 Tome C

Chapter 6

What I did in this chapter was pair Claire with Ricken again and Frederick with Miriel. Miriel rushed to Gangrel and killed him by Turn 4. Meanwhile, Ricken and Lucina choked the points to protect Emmeryn. Lucina retreated by like Turn 3 so Ricken had to do everything. He had no chance of death ever and when he did, I had him trade Panne's concoction and use it so he could tank some more. I think he also got on the good side of his spd growth this chapter, so that's good too :D

TURNS 6

HEROES Claire and Ricken

Miriel 14.74 HP 40 Str 4 Mag 16+2 Skl 14 Spd 20 Lck 15 Def 11 Res 14 Tome A Frederick S

Ricken 12.71 HP 27 Str 4 Mag 15+2 Skl 8 Spd 13 Lck 16 Def 10 Res 6 Tome C Claire C

Edited by PKL

Chapter 7

Pretty straightforward chapter. Miriel and Ricken both ORKO'd enemies quite easily so it was all a matter of moving to the right and ending turn, seriously. Ricken had slight durability issues, so Miriel lead the charge ironically. The boss fell to Ricken, who actually ORKO'd him with a basic wind tome.

TURNS 3

HEROES Fredeirck and Miriel

Miriel 10/16.38 HP 42 Str 4 Mag 17+2 Skl 15 Spd 20 Lck 15 Def 11 Res 15 Tome A Frederick S

Ricken 14.82 HP 29 Str 5 Mag 17+2 Skl 8 Spd 14 Lck 16 Def 12 Res 7 Tome B Claire C

This Ricken apparently can't into skl. Good thing that stat is trash anyway. That's it for today. I'll continue tomorrow.

More like Fred is everyone's best husbando. Also, tomorrow more like 30 minutes. I couldn't stop playing :P

Paralogue 3

I opted to pair Ricken with Cordelia from now on due to the higher spd, it might come in handy later if his spd ever starts to bite. So far, its not showing signs of that though. Miriel took the right side and the boss while Ricken took the left side. The NPCs all died because they are idiots :/

TURNS 7

HEROES Ricken and Cordelia

Miriel 17.85 HP 43 Str 4 Mag 18+2 Skl 16 Spd 20 Lck 15 Def 11 Res 15 Tome A Frederick S

Ricken 16.40 HP 31 Str 5 Mag 19+2 Skl 10 Spd 16 Lck 17 Def 13 Res 7 Tome B Claire C

Chapter 8

Ricken killed a Fighter in the west. Miriel took down the cavalier. Gregor and Nowai go up to hide from enemies. In EP Miriel kills the myrmidon and the dark mage to the right. Ricken takes down both Dark Mages on the left. Turn 2, I have Miriel take down the lone Fighter in the north and Ricken goes down and kills a cavalier. Turn 3, I have Ricken tank and kill a bunch of enemies. Miriel goes to grab the Rescue village. Turn 4, she gets the Rescue village and Ricken kills a Fighter near the Master Seal village. Turn 5, he obtains it and Miriel starts going down.Same with Ricken, by Turn 7, Miriel gets the Second Seal and I opt to feed the boss to RIcken, who ORKO'd him in Turn 8.

TURNS 8

HEROES Ricken and Cordelia

Miriel 18.84 HP 43 Str 5 Mag 19+2 Skl 16 Spd 21 Lck 15 Def 11 Res 15 Tome A Frederick S

Ricken 19.20 HP 33 Str 6 Mag 22+2 Skl 12 Spd 17 Lck 20 Def 13 Res 8 Tome A Claire C

Hmm, I should probably promote Ricken first to have a healer/rescuer.

Oh no...I messed up real badly in Chapter 8. Apparently I forgot to actually VISIT the village in Turn 5 because I can't find the Master Seal anywhere. GG me. GG