*Snips*

Panne would really like Stahl, if you can get him- reclassing Yarne to Cav is the perfect fix for his weapon rank issues, and Stahl provides good all-round pairup bonuses for Panne (reclass her to Wyvern asap for best performance). Ingame, Cord usually prefers things to boost her survival while she feeds on the Mages in Cht.8, but I doubt that's as much of an issue in Normal so you might want to focus on her offense instead- Vaike could be nice for a bunch of Str.

*snips*

I hate to say this, but I will have Stahl taken by Sully on my current F!Robin run D: (because I kinda got them to S support before Panne comes along)

I think that I have the following left:

Vaike, Donnel, Virion, Gaius and maybe Gregor depending on how I go this run.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to choose a husband for my Aversa! Morgan (+Magic, - Defense). Could Chrom! Brady or Ricken! Brady work? I was thinking about doing Lon'qu! Brady, but it looks like Lon'qu's going to Severa. I sort of like the idea of Ricken and Maribelle's son marrying Aversa's daughter, but whichever Gale Boy or support works best'll be fine :)

I originally had stahl!gerome, I guess if I took him off of gerome and gave him to owain, then gerome would probably need henry?

Do you have a shortlist of what you consider the best 3-4ish for each kid?

Yep, Henry!Gerome an Stahl!Owain would work out. If you kept Stahl!Gerome, you'd want to reserve Lon'qu!Severa for him, or maybe Donnel!Kjelle.

I posted a mostly complete one on the last page, I'm too lazy right now to make another (I really should have it copypasteable but I don't).

I hate to say this, but I will have Stahl taken by Sully on my current F!Robin run D: (because I kinda got them to S support before Panne comes along)

I think that I have the following left:

Vaike, Donnel, Virion, Gaius and maybe Gregor depending on how I go this run.

No Discipline dads? Meh. Well, Gregor for Merc might work out. He's also already got crazy growths, if you wanted to play with Aptitude. Avoid Vaike though, there's some pretty bad class overlap and he doesn't have anything fun to do.

Trying to choose a husband for my Aversa! Morgan (+Magic, - Defense). Could Chrom! Brady or Ricken! Brady work? I was thinking about doing Lon'qu! Brady, but it looks like Lon'qu's going to Severa. I sort of like the idea of Ricken and Maribelle's son marrying Aversa's daughter, but whichever Gale Boy or support works best'll be fine :)

Sure, those work. Morgan is going to wind up with a Sage husband pretty much any way you slice it, all of those are good.

I'd recommend Ricken!Brady, for a full-magic pairing; Brady could have DG+ for the support, GF, Luna, Renewal, Tomefaire if you're going for a Sage Brady, which is optimal for your +Mag Morgan. Brady shouldn't come from Chrom as Maribelle!Lucina isa waste...

Morgan could have Shadowgift, GF, Ignis, Tomefaire, Luna if you want to be more offensive, Lifetaker/Renewal if you're more the tanking units type, regardless give him a forged Nosferatu.

In this case, DLC is on the table so LB and Agg are needed on Brady.

Maribelle!Lucina isn't a waste, she's got the highest Mag of any Lucina and her DF x Sage isn't actually slow (just as fast as Sumia!Lucina's DF x Sage for Apo, as a matter of fact).

In this case, DLC is on the table so LB and Agg are needed on Brady.

Maribelle!Lucina isn't a waste, she's got the highest Mag of any Lucina and her DF x Sage isn't actually slow (just as fast as Sumia!Lucina's DF x Sage for Apo, as a matter of fact).

Maybe, but I don't think that Mag is what Lucina needs... she's more of a physical unit, so Avatar/Olivia/Sumia are actually better for her (I've heard that Sully screws up Lucina).

Yep, Henry!Gerome an Stahl!Owain would work out. If you kept Stahl!Gerome, you'd want to reserve Lon'qu!Severa for him, or maybe Donnel!Kjelle.

I posted a mostly complete one on the last page, I'm too lazy right now to make another (I really should have it copypasteable but I don't).

Thanks. Found it.

Think I'm pretty set on:

Sumia!Lucina

Chrom!Cynthia

Lucina!Morgan

Donnel!Kjelle

Gaius!Noire

Lonqu!Severa

Gregor!Laurent

Virion!Yarne

For the others I'm kinda at:

Owain x Stahl, Ricken (phys vs magical)

Nah x vaike, henry (phys vs magical)

brady x ricken, libra, henry (brady usually gets the leftovers of one of these three for me, all very similar imo)

gerome x henry, stahl (like both)

olivia x fred, ricken (phys vs magical)

Does physical vs magical pairs matter much? I think last time I played I did an apo playthrough I leaned heavily towards magic.

Maybe, but I don't think that Mag is what Lucina needs... she's more of a physical unit, so Avatar/Olivia/Sumia are actually better for her (I've heard that Sully screws up Lucina).

But that's not true at all. I won't disagree that Sumia is better, but for speed, not for being physical. Just because she starts in a sword class and has the aesthetic of being a physical fighter, the fact is, even Sumia gives her +1 mag mod and 0 str mod, and gives her tome faire along with pretty much the best two classes to use it.

Sumia!Lucina is usually physical because her Spd lines up well with Sniper and Paladin, not because of any Faires or mods (and Sumia gives a -2 Str mod, that's not exactly beneficial for physical).

Olivia!Lucina is actually more likely to go magical, just because that's how her Spd winds up. Lucina's skillset doesn't leave room for a Faire, so which ones she has don't really matter.

Sumia!Lucina is usually physical because her Spd lines up well with Sniper and Paladin, not because of any Faires or mods (and Sumia gives a -2 Str mod, that's not exactly beneficial for physical).

Olivia!Lucina is actually more likely to go magical, just because that's how her Spd winds up. Lucina's skillset doesn't leave room for a Faire, so which ones she has don't really matter.

Wow, I never knew that at all. I'd been choosing Olivia! Lucina for Great Lord and Sumia! Lucina for Dark Flier this whole time! I guess Lucina would only ever want Vantage with Vengeance if you're using Robin as her mother or Lethality from Olivia if you're making a Street Pass team. l can see now how it's really Lucina's pair up partner that really decides which class she'll be going for!

Aversa! Morgan X Ricken! Brady (Magical)

Lon'qu! Severa X Henry! Gerome or Virionl! Yarne (Physical)

Sumia! Lucina X ?! Owain (probably either Libra or Stahl?)

The way the Spd works out, Sumia gives +5 and Olivia gives +3.

For physical, Lucina's main options are Sniper and Paladin. +5 gives both of those 75 Spd with a +3 support and no All+2, or 69 with a +0 support and no All+2 (not needing All+2 is important, since she doesn't have room). With +3, you need it to hit both of those, which means no doubling Thronie with Sniper x Sage, no doubling Anna with Paladin (important if you want to fight at range), etc.

However, Dark Flier has 42 base Spd, and is typically ran with a Sage support. +5 or +3, All+2 or no, that will always drop you at 69- +2 with no All+2 will work too, which works out nicely for Maribelle as well. So Sumia!Lucina can very well go with DF, but hers will be the same as Olivia's (+1 Skl) unless you manage to get her a GM support, and since Sumia's physical is better than Olivia's, I prefer running Olivia magical.

Funnily enough, Olivia's Assassin- the one real physical class Lucina gets that's exclusive to her- fails to hit 75 Spd with a +0 support, but goes way over the mark with any +Spd at all, so it's either not even an improvement or inefficient. You might still consider it for epic procstacks with a BK or something, or maybe not.

It would be really nice if Olivia had a +2 Spd mod instead of +1- it doesn't seem implausible, and would open up a lot of options for both Olivia!Lucina, Olivia!Morgan and various Inigos.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

How do we calculate speed again? Is it just base + mods + 20 (LB, Rally Spectrum+Speed, Tonic) + Pair-up?

I feel like I'm missing something here, because Paladin would then be 40 base + 5 mods + 20, which is only 65, and pair-up can't get that up to 75.

How do we calculate speed again? Is it just base + mods + 20 (LB, Rally Spectrum+Speed, Tonic) + Pair-up?

I feel like I'm missing something here, because Paladin would then be 40 base + 5 mods + 20, which is only 65, and pair-up can't get that up to 75.

its +22 rally speed/spectrum/heart +lb+tonic

Base+Mods+LB+Rally+Pairup+Tonic it is.

I prefer to lump the stat pairup boost (+3), Tonics, LB and Rally together because they make a flat 25- from base, mods, All+2 and the class pairup bonus you can calculate the rest, and it's much easier to do. Lucina's Paladin would be 40(base) +5(mods) +5(Pairup class/support bonus) +25 (everything else) =75... Or even just forget about the 25 alltogether and say the thresholds are 50, 44, and 41.

Pairup has three parts: +1 for every 10 points in a stat the support has (up to +3), a class boost located in a table on the mainsite (eg Berserker is +5 Str and +3 Spd) and a support rank boost: +1 to all nonzero class boosts with C or B, and +2 with A or S. Since every stat is boosted by the stat boost regardless of class boosts, and everyone should hit 30 in everything thanks to LB (except a GK with a negative Mag mod), it's safe to add the +3 to the universal boosts. Since the support rank boost only affects nonzero members of the class boost, it and the class boost need to be treated the same (though I still refer to classes exclusively by their class boosts and not class boost + support boost, eg Berserker is still a +3 Spd class).

The fact that you can't get a total of +1 or +2 class + support boost occasionally causes some inefficiencies, and is a big part of why DFs have so much trouble hitting 75 Spd (and in turn a big part of why Valkyrie Morgan is so good).

Speaking of Lucina, could she do well without Luna (i.e. only Aether)?

Mine is a Sniper (Sumia is her mother) paired with Libra!Owain (Sage for now), but I'd want her to hit 75 Speed; if she had AS+2 and if Owain was a Dread Fighter, it would work (and still have 100% DS), but I've never seen Sniper x Dread Fighter suggested anywhere and I don't know if it could be a thing?

I'd go with Sniper x Sage instead and settle for 69 Spd, the Atk boost is pretty significant. If you want Owain to remain as a Dread Fighter, try Dark Flier for Lucina, then she'll line up perfectly at 75 and give Owain some Mag too.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

The fact that you can't get a total of +1 or +2 class + support boost occasionally causes some inefficiencies, and is a big part of why DFs have so much trouble hitting 75 Spd (and in turn a big part of why Valkyrie Morgan is so good).

Yeah I'm having this issue now, Chrom!Cynthia as a Dark Flier only hits the 69 threshold, and obviously she doesn't have room to run AS+2. Wondering if her support should be switched from Sage to DF or just deal with it.

Yeah I'm having this issue now, Chrom!Cynthia as a Dark Flier only hits the 69 threshold, and obviously she doesn't have room to run AS+2. Wondering if her support should be switched from Sage to DF or just deal with it.

Do note that means it will be a female x female pair up... I don't think that's really something ever considered in depth.