Ok, so I'm trying a casual run of Awakening and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on my pairings.

Chrom x Sumia

Lissa x Gregor

MaMu x Aversa

Sully x Donnel

Miriel x Kellam

Maribelle x Lon'qu

Panne x Frederick

Cordelia x Virion

Nowi x Vaike

Tharja x Gaius

Olivia x Libra

Cherche x Stahl

The only pairing that's set in stone is MaMu x Aversa because I think Morgan looks best in white hair I want to pass down Shadow Gift.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Kellam x Nah seems to be super outdated, to the bench he goes! Thanks to everybody for the tips, final lineup is looking like:

Male MU x Lucina (MU passing Counter) Sorcerer

Chrom!Cynthia (Full coverage) Dark Flier

Chrom!Lucina (Full coverage) Dark Flier

Ricken!Owain (Lissa passing Galeforce) Sage

Donnel!Kjelle (Full coverage) General

Henry!Gerome (Full coverage) General

Gaius!Noire (Full coverage) Dark Flier

Vaike!Nah (Vaike passing Axefaire) Hero/Manakete/General

Gregor!Laurent (Full coverage) Sorcerer

Virion!Yarne (Panne passing Swordbreaker) Berserker

Libra!Inigo (Olivia passing Galeforce) Sorcerer

Stahl!Severa (Full coverage...?) Sorcerer

Lon'Qu!Brady (Maribelle passing Galeforce) Sage

I was on the fence about Shadowgift Morgan and you make a good point that it just eats up an otherwise usable slot. I guess my last thing I'm pondering is what skills do I pass down? Trying to outline them above but still rusty on which skills the childs' can miss (as parent class coverage is normally great).

Should lead into this final setup:

Sage Brady - S - Sorcerer MU

Sage Owain - S - Sorcerer Severa

General Kjelle - S - Berserker Yarne

General Gerome - S - Manakete/Hero/General Nah

Sorcerer Inigo - S - Dark Flier Lucina

Sorcerer Morgan - S - Dark Flier Cynthia

Sorcerer Laurent - S - Dark Flier Noire

If you're prepping for Apo, you could do better than passing down Counter.

Ok, so I'm trying a casual run of Awakening and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on my pairings.

Chrom x Sumia

Lissa x Gregor

MaMu x Aversa

Sully x Donnel

Miriel x Kellamx

Maribelle x Lon'qu

Panne x Frederick

Cordelia x Virion

Nowi x Vaike

Tharja x Gaius

Olivia x Libra

Cherche x Stahl

The only pairing that's set in stone is MaMu x Aversa because I think Morgan looks best in white hair I want to pass down Shadow Gift.

I would give Gregor to Miriel. Kellam is pretty undesirable on pretty much everyone, and Gregor and Lissa have poor mod clash. And you can bring in Ricken for Lissa since he's not being used.

The rest look okay. Not using Henry is a waste though, so I would maybe consider doing Cherche x Henry, and Panne x Stahl, which basically gives you the best possible of both Yarne and Gerome. Gerome gets upgraded from Bowfaire Warrior to Hexathema Berserker. And Yarne gets Hit+20, which is the one skill he needs from a father to be a perfect Berserker.

Edited by Radiant head

If you're prepping for Apo, you could do better than passing down Counter.

What else is worth passing down as Male only? If not Counter its Axefaire or Wrath, right? Haven't seen Rally: Strength too much in builds but we have access to plenty of Rally Bots through DLC

Edited by Fatalis

What else is worth passing down as Male only? If not Counter its Axefaire or Wrath, right? Haven't seen Rally: Strength too much in builds but we have access to plenty of Rally Bots through DLC

Typically Axefaire yes. Maybe Despoil for grinding fun.

Anyway, I've had to tweak my pairings a bit... a lot... because I've decided for my own headcanon purposes to go less with optimizing and more with some otps... which actually ended up in some pretty good children. I'll try and get them all first and then figure out kid pairs.

Chrom x Sumia

Lissa x Gregor

MaMu x Aversa

Sully x Donnel

Miriel x Kellam

Maribelle x Lon'qu

Panne x Frederick

Cordelia x Virion

Nowi x Vaike

Tharja x Gaius

Olivia x Libra

Cherche x Stahl

Honestly, for a casual run, anything goes. If you do want to optimize, though, Owain does better magical - give him Ricken. I'd recommend then moving Gregor to Miriel for an Armsthrift VV Sage/Sorc/whatever Laurent and benching Kellam. Consider also trying Henry!Gerome for a Hex/Anathema hard support Berserker and shifting Stahl to Panne over Fred for Hit +20. This looks solid otherwise.

Edited by aeroblast

For me it's always a dirty battle between headcanon and optimization.

Yep. As far as pairings this is what I ended up with... it ended like my friend's team... but he reset anyway and played with MaleMu then romanced Cordelia. Heh, oh well~

Chrom x Olivia

Gaius x Sumia

Vaike x Nah

Henry x Lissa

Gregor x Miriel

Frederick x Tharja

Donnel x Sully

Stahl x Cherche

Libra x Maribelle

Virion x Panne

Cordelia x Lon'qu

FeMu x Chrom!Inigo

I'm kinda sad about Gaius!Cynthia. I forgot she had neutral offensive mods...

If I did my calcs correctly, Noire would hit 72 Speed with all the rallies, speed tonic, All Stats +2, Limit Breaker and Hero pairup, with a 96.875% DS.

Spd is right, but DS seems fishy since it only takes 4 points of Skl for 1% of DS (so you could have a .75% or a .0%, but not a .875%).

DS is also rounded down to the nearest %, so if Skl+2 doesn't bump you up a point, it's probably worth replacing it with Deliverer (Atk wise, Str+2 will grant a much bigger boost than the extra 2% Luna). Actually, even if it does bump you up a DS% point, it's probably worth going with Deliverer instead, unless it somehow makes the difference between 99% and 100%. According to my chart, though, the best Fred!Noire x Vaike!Gerome can do is a flat 99% (assuming no Barracks and no Defender, and Gerome as an Assassin instead of a Hero).

Gerome might be a little tougher, and maybe the solution is just sticking with Frederick. Most of his best fathers are already in fair places the way you have it set up. Has anyone ever tried Ricken? Seems wrong, but maybe?

Ricken!Gerome is a little odd, but works well at filling niches. He has +3/3 Str/Mag mods, allowing him to fill a variety of support roles, Bowfaire BK as a +3 Spd support, Bowfaire Warrior as a high Str support, and Sage as a high Mag support. He works best with a versatile unit who can go either physical or magical, such as Morgan or Virion!Severa. I'm using him paired with a +Skl/-Def Chrom!Cynthia!Morgan.

Fred is never the best solution for Gerome though, he's pretty much his worst father. Lacking Hit is one thing, but he also lacks every single physical Faire, rendering him exceptionally weak despite his +6 Str mod. He can't lead, and he can't fill out a proper support set- LB/Agg/All+2/Str+2 is all he's got. I'd never use him under any circumstances.

I've seen most people swear by Gregor!Laurent for Armsthrift

AT is not the point of Gregor!Laurent.

With his +1/3 Str/Mag mods, he's capable of switching between fine magical and physical supports, having Sage on one side and Hex/Amathema Berserker on the other. Outside of Apo, he's one of the best VV Nostanks (if you're into that stuff), and in it he's one of the only units in the game (alongside Lon'qu!Laurent) who can wield a 155 crit VV build that functions in a no LB/Agg/Rally environment and OHKOes any 55 Lck non-Aegis+ enemy with 100% accuracy and 100% crit. Ingame, he's easy to obtain, very powerful, male (and has a fast support growth with Lucina), and his parents are strong enough to hold their own on Lunatic+. To top it all off, Gregor is a fairly low-demand father.

Overall, his general excellence at all corners of the game and lack of any real drawbacks put him among the best units in the game, alongside the likes of Stahl!Yarne, Chrom x Sumia and both Robins.

Everyone else: I'm on vacation and not paying as close of attention to this thread as I usually do, so if anyone got overlooked, repost your question and I'll get around to it!

It's fine. Truth be told I feel bad asking for your advice a lot of the time. Lemme narrow it down...

What's a good class for Chrom!Inigo!Morgan to end up with when paired with Vaike!Nah (as a Hero)

What should Gaius!Cynthia end up as

What should Frederick!Tharja end up as

Morgan: depends on Asset/Flaw.

Cynthia: several options. DF hits 75 Spd with All+2 and a Sage support (though this doesn't leave room for both Tomefaire and a procstack), GK hits 75 Spd with All+2 and a Berserker support (but has the same problem as DF), Falco hits 75 with no All+2 and any support, but can hit 100% DS with Sniper Stahl!Yarne if she uses it anyway (that also leaves the GK option open, as well as Warrior for Falco support). General is also feasible just for fun, hitting 66 with no All+2 and any support, but it's hard to find husbands who match that well.

Noire: Sniper, usually, with a 2+ Spd support. She lacks the Faires to do pretty much anything else- BK is the only other thing you'd remotely consider.

If I want to make the ultimate Great Lord Lucina.... what should I do:

A. Chrom X Avatar with +Strength, - Def Asset/Flaw for 56 Strength, 56 Skill, and 56 Speed with Ignis then give her a hard support like Henry! Gerome?

B. Chrom X Olivia, then marry her to +Speed, Def Chrom! Inigo! Morgan @Wyvern Lord.

C. Chrom X Sumia, then marry her to someone like Vaike! Yarne! Morgan or Vaike! Gerome! Morgan, so that she has high speed and skill, but comps for the 2 points in strength with whoever is supporting her.

I am willing to do anything, including sacrificing a strong, unique Morgan, though I also realize that having her marry a strong second gen Morgan will probably make her stronger as well!

Edited by Lucina's Husband

Morgan: depends on Asset/Flaw.

Cynthia: several options. DF hits 75 Spd with All+2 and a Sage support (though this doesn't leave room for both Tomefaire and a procstack), GK hits 75 Spd with All+2 and a Berserker support (but has the same problem as DF), Falco hits 75 with no All+2 and any support, but can hit 100% DS with Sniper Stahl!Yarne if she uses it anyway (that also leaves the GK option open, as well as Warrior for Falco support). General is also feasible just for fun, hitting 66 with no All+2 and any support, but it's hard to find husbands who match that well.

Noire: Sniper, usually, with a 2+ Spd support. She lacks the Faires to do pretty much anything else- BK is the only other thing you'd remotely consider.

Morgan... I had a +Spd and -Def. I feel bad about accidentally fucking Noire over though, I probably should have given her Ricken, but it's too late now. Thank you for the Cynthia advice though.

I am willing to do anything, including sacrificing a strong, unique Morgan, though I also realize that having her marry a strong second gen Morgan will probably make her stronger as well!

Strictly the most overkill possible, or just something you can't meaningfully be stronger than? Or something that just has an answer to everything? I'm inclined to say just use Sumia!Lucina x +Mag/-Def Robin, because you'll be able to fiddle with skills (and maybe his class) to take anything on, no matter the scenario.

In Apo, let's go with LB/GF/DSt+/LF/All+2, for maximum non-RNG damage output. Robin can be a Sage with LB/Agg/TF/Hit+20/Hex. Lucina will have 67 Def with a Finn's Lance, so vs Anna and a Vantage+ Spear++ Aether (78 Atk), she'll take 11+44 damage (30 HP remaining). She should have 87 Atk (5/15 forge), which against Anna's 55+3 Def does 14 damage. Robin has 96 Atk with a +5/15 Celica's (20 damage), and thanks to All+2 Lucina hits 75 with a +0 support, so Anna will take 14+20+20+14+20+20 =108 damage, leaving Lucina at 2HP. Hitwise, Lucina is far in the clear, while Robin hits 267 on the nose (don't replace Hit+20 with Anathema support, All+2 and a +3/25 forge though, it'll leave Lucina with 3% listed crit and one of those after an Aether would kill her on Counter). Vs Thronie it's a similar situation, but a +5/15 Levin Sword should be used instead (Robin still does 20 in the back, Lucina has 83 Atk with WTA so 12 damage, Thronie takes 104 from 6 hits and dies).

In short, there's a GL Lucina that's 100% unsurvivable at full HP. Anna needs to be melee'd with a Finn's Lance, anything else with Counter falls to Levins/Spears, and anything without Counter gets mauled by Braves. For non-Apo postgame, switch Hit+20 for All+2 on Robin and they can keep 100% DS without Tonics or Rallies (AT over Hex as well, most likely- Lucina can sacrifice LF for something fun too). And as a nice little side, Morgan will be great.

The Anna calcs are pretty tight though, so you might want to check them before doing all that just in case.

Morgan... I had a +Spd and -Def.

If you want to try a male Wyvern, he'd be the place to do it. Grab a +3 support (Hero, BK, DF or maybe Falco) and he's set.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

I was wondering, how would things change if you could marry and Gen 1 unit to another Gen 1 unit?

Miriel!Brady and Maribelle!Laurent sounds amazing for both kids for example, or something like Basilio!Nah (unless Basilio doesn't pass down peg knight?)

If you want to try a male Wyvern, he'd be the place to do it. Grab a +3 support (Hero, BK, DF or maybe Falco) and he's set.

Vaike!Nah is a Hero so this'll work perfectly.

That and... well... Wyvern Riders were always a weakness of mine, so this'll be perfect.

I was wondering, how would things change if you could marry and Gen 1 unit to another Gen 1 unit?

Miriel!Brady and Maribelle!Laurent sounds amazing for both kids for example, or something like Basilio!Nah (unless Basilio doesn't pass down peg knight?)

In the case of same-gender marriage, stuff would get a lot less varied. Miriel, Panne and Cherche would pretty much need to be paired up with Sumia, Cordelia and Maribelle, Chrom would thus need to be paired with Olivia... Basically you'd turn the non-galeboys into Kjelle (all set except for one thing that only a very small number of spouses can provide), and since that would come from other females, all of their kids would be tied down in limiting parentages as well. Basically, there would only be one or two sets of "good" pairs- it would be pretty terrible for optimization, even if you'd be a lot more powerful.

In the case of the Spotpass Six and all the post-Plegia recruits marrying normally, it wouldn't be quite as overcentralizing, but there would still be a handful of extremely overpowered pairs, such as Walhart!Inigo and Gangrel!Cynthia (assuming Gangrel's passdowns are the same as Henry). Priam!Nah would also be a never-miss if his Fighter became Peg, and Yen'fay would make ridiculous Yarnes and Severas. You'd basically be trying to use as many of them as possible, they're too good to mesh well with the rest of the meta.

Hmm, so basically, the current non marriage dads (Priam, Yen'Fay, Basilio, Gangrel, Walhart) would make arguably the best parents, massively outclassing the regular ones?

Yes. Priam is definitely the best husbando for your FeMU as well as the best father for your Morgan. I like to pretend that its the best pairing, because I'm fucking bias and thats how Priam is awesome.

But realistically speaking, the best potential father(s) would statistically be the 2nd Gen units/children in terms of mod-wise.