• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I'm still determined to use my leftover kids (for Apo), here's what I'm thinking:

Frederick!Noire @ Sniper (LB/BF/Luna/Skl+2/AS+2) x Vaike!Gerome @ Hero (LB/Agg/Axefaire/Axebreaker/AS+2)

If I did my calcs correctly, Noire would hit 72 Speed with all the rallies, speed tonic, All Stats +2, Limit Breaker and Hero pairup, with a 96.875% DS. I guess I'd have to make sure to rescue them after they're done attacking.

Should I give this a chance?

They seem fine to me. Not entirely sure about the Axebreaker part though...

Hey, I'd like to make the most optimal kids from these parents for Apo: Maribelle, Nowi, Miriel, Libra, Kellam, Vaike, Fred, and Virion. These are the only single parents I've got left in this file. I'd planned to do Vaike!Nah and Libra!Brady, but I have no idea what to do for Laurent - I've seen a lot of varying opinions - and was wondering if shuffling the others would help my options. Could anyone give me some feedback, and maybe explain briefly why whatever you tell me works well?

Also, could you give me some tips for how to pair up the kids? I've got Olivia!Lucina/Chrom!Inigo and Ricken!Owain!Morgan (+Mag -Lck MU); I'd prefer not to marry Morgan to Lucina, for obvious reasons, but I'll still do it if it gives me enough of an advantage.

Edited by aeroblast

Hey, I'd like to make the most optimal kids from these parents for Apo: Maribelle, Nowi, Miriel, Libra, Kellam, Vaike, Fred, and Virion. These are the only single parents I've got left in this file. I'd planned to do Vaike!Nah and Libra!Brady, but I have no idea what to do for Laurent - I've seen a lot of varying opinions - and was wondering if shuffling the others would help my options. Could anyone give me some feedback, and maybe explain briefly why whatever you tell me works well?
Also, could you give me some tips for how to pair up the kids? I've got Olivia!Lucina/Chrom!Inigo and Ricken!Owain!Morgan (+Mag -Lck MU); I'd prefer not to marry Morgan to Lucina, for obvious reasons, but I'll still do it if it gives me enough of an advantage.

Vaike!Nah is pretty solid as she gets some strength, skill, speed and Luna with hero as possible ending class.

I would change Libra!Brady to Virion!Brady however, because he generally only needs stat mods anyways and appreciates Virion's +1Skl/+2Spd more than the alternative +1Mag.

Libra could then go to Laurent who's probably better off with him than with Frederick (terrible magic) or Kellam (is he even good for anyone really?).

In order to pair up you children, your general marriage setup would be nice to know, as you only mentioned Chrom/Olivia, Ricken/Lissa and MU/Owain.

Morgan/Lucina is an easy and convenient way to reach 100% dual strike rate for you strongest unit, but not necessarily the only option you have available, so there certainly are alternatives - and maxing dual strike rate isn't even essential in the first place.

In general, matching your children so that they benefit from each other's pair-up-mods and possibly extended movement is beneficial.

The classic pairing we have is Sage/Dark flier, but Sniper/Sage, Sniper/Berserker and Hero/Berserker are good as well (along with some others) - again, it kind of depends on what children you have available.

Sounds pretty good. My pairs are, aside from the ones I listed earlier, Cherche/Gregor, Sumia/Henry, Cordelia/Lon'qu, Tharja/Gaius, Sully/Donnel, and Panne/Stahl. They're not all optimal, but I'm not really looking to play through again to change them.

Edited by aeroblast

I'm not sure what to do with Chrom!Brady. Should I bench him or try to train him up?

Depends, honestly.

Postgame!Brady obviously is always great, but if he's worth for you ingame is a different matter.

Are his bases (kind of) good? Do you need another healer or would you rather get someone tanky to strengthen your frontline? Or, if you want to replace one of your current staffers with him, how urgently do you need their current advantage in form of better weapon ranks/stats/supports instead of his superior growth potential?

Anyways, if you decide to use him, one of his main starting problems is that hes has only D rank in staffs and nothing else really. Some people therefore reclass him into Cavalier for Discipline, but you can also just train him up in the back and then work on some offensive ranks when he promotes, which is probably the safer option.

Depends, honestly.

Postgame!Brady obviously is always great, but if he's worth for you ingame is a different matter.

Are his bases (kind of) good? Do you need another healer or would you rather get someone tanky to strengthen your frontline? Or, if you want to replace one of your current staffers with him, how urgently do you need their current advantage in form of better weapon ranks/stats/supports instead of his superior growth potential?

Anyways, if you decide to use him, one of his main starting problems is that hes has only D rank in staffs and nothing else really. Some people therefore reclass him into Cavalier for Discipline, but you can also just train him up in the back and then work on some offensive ranks when he promotes, which is probably the safer option.

Usually when I go for the children characters I like to have their parents as close to capped stats as possible. I will most definately be giving Brady Galeforce. That is a no brainer. I am not sure if I will need a healer (although given how much I baby my units giving him a rescue staff will get him up to C Rank in no time as well as a level) it will heavily depend on where I am at, More than likely though I will need a healer if Maribelle, Lissa, Libra and Anna are in the thick of training (and are not in classes that have use of staves or are going to be relcassed into stave wielding classes).

Sounds pretty good. My pairs are, aside from the ones I listed earlier, Cherche/Gregor, Sumia/Henry, Cordelia/Lon'qu, Tharja/Gaius, Sully/Donnel, and Panne/Stahl. They're not all optimal, but I'm not really looking to play through again to change them.

Acually, other than Cherche gregor, which isn't the worst even, those pairs are very good.

Also, for whoever asked, kellam can indeed make one somewhat good child: Noire. He gives tome faire and sage for magic support, and doesn't hurt her magic, while giving her a point of strength for her to support physically too. It's not the best kid, not even the best noire, but it can function.

Hey all. Just getting back into FE:A on a new New 3DS and looking to make another run through Apotheosis. Reading back about 30-40 pages it seems the optimal pairings have shifted a bit since the last time I played, how does this lineup look so far? Can't quite remember if I'm maximizing Galeforce/Armsthrift with this setup. Pretty set on Chrome X Sumia for this run although I might do Chrome x Olivia again. I could also pair up MU with Aversa but not sure if Shadowgift is worth forgoing the 2nd generation stats

Chrom x Sumia

Lissa x Henry

Sully x Donnel

Cherche x Frederick

Tharja x Gaius

Nowi x Vaike

Miriel x Gregor

Panne x Kellam

Olivia x Libra

Cordelia x Stahl

Maribelle x Lon'Qu

Male MU x Lucina

Edited by Fatalis

I'm far from being one of the resident experts, but the only things I see that look particularly questionable are Panne x Kellam and to a lesser extent Cherche x Frederick. Both those children want a father that can give them a skill that improves their accuracy, particularly Yarne since he comes with Berseker, and neither is really getting it from those fathers.

You haven't used Virion, and he's a great father for Yarne. He'll give him +3 str, +5 Skl, and +6 spd, along with access to the Hit +20 skill from the sniper tree, making him an amazing support as a berserker.

Gerome might be a little tougher, and maybe the solution is just sticking with Frederick. Most of his best fathers are already in fair places the way you have it set up. Has anyone ever tried Ricken? Seems wrong, but maybe?

Hey all. Just getting back into FE:A on a new New 3DS and looking to make another run through Apotheosis. Reading back about 30-40 pages it seems the optimal pairings have shifted a bit since the last time I played, how does this lineup look so far? Can't quite remember if I'm maximizing Galeforce/Armsthrift with this setup. Pretty set on Chrome X Sumia for this run although I might do Chrome x Olivia again. I could also pair up MU with Aversa but not sure if Shadowgift is worth forgoing the 2nd generation stats

Chrom x Sumia

Lissa x Henry

Sully x Donnel

Cherche x Frederick

Tharja x Gaius

Nowi x Vaike

Miriel x Gregor

Panne x Kellam

Olivia x Libra

Cordelia x Stahl

Maribelle x Lon'Qu

Male MU x Lucina

Gerome might be a little tougher, and maybe the solution is just sticking with Frederick. Most of his best fathers are already in fair places the way you have it set up. Has anyone ever tried Ricken? Seems wrong, but maybe?

Ricken!Gerome is pretty good. Has +3 mag and Hit+20 so he can be a magic hard support. His physical stats are nerfed, but even just having Bowfaire and Hit+20 makes him better at that than Fred!Gerome.

Also Virion doesn't seem to be used anywhere, so he would be an easy shoe in for Gerome if you don't want to do too much switching around and you know Gerome wants to be physical.

If you want to switch stuff around, Henry is sort of wasted on Owain, and really desired on Gerome.

Thank you guys for the quick responses!

I'm far from being one of the resident experts, but the only things I see that look particularly questionable are Panne x Kellam and to a lesser extent Cherche x Frederick. Both those children want a father that can give them a skill that improves their accuracy, particularly Yarne since he comes with Berseker, and neither is really getting it from those fathers.

You haven't used Virion, and he's a great father for Yarne. He'll give him +3 str, +5 Skl, and +6 spd, along with access to the Hit +20 skill from the sniper tree, making him an amazing support as a berserker.

Yeah I guess I haven't explored Virion enough, he wasn't ever really used the last time I went through Apotheosis (2 years ago lol)

Ricken!Gerome is pretty good. Has +3 mag and Hit+20 so he can be a magic hard support. His physical stats are nerfed, but even just having Bowfaire and Hit+20 makes him better at that than Fred!Gerome.

Also Virion doesn't seem to be used anywhere, so he would be an easy shoe in for Gerome if you don't want to do too much switching around and you know Gerome wants to be physical.

If you want to switch stuff around, Henry is sort of wasted on Owain, and really desired on Gerome.

Haven't tried out Cherche x Henry but that'd be worth exploring. That frees up

Chrom x Sumia

Lissa x Vaike

Sully x Donnel

Cherche x Henry

Tharja x Gaius

Nowi x Kellam

Miriel x Gregor

Panne x Virion

Olivia x Libra

Cordelia x Stahl

Maribelle x Lon'Qu

Male MU x Lucina

Switching things up a bit, differences are Kellam!Nah, Henry!Gerome, Vaike!Owain, Virion!Yarne. I still haven't used Ricken but I've seen most people swear by Gregor!Laurent for Armsthrift, although Ricken!Laurent turns him into a crazy Sage. Fathers for Owain and Brady are giving me the most trouble, although I didn't use them too much my first time around.

I will tell you kellam!nah is absolutely awful. No new faire, she gets luna, but will never lead thanks to the atrocious speed so it doesn't matter.

You need to use ricken, because of his classes. If you do ricken!Owain, and move vaike to nowi, you'll have a really good setup. I prefer stahl on Panne and virion on cordelia, but that's preferential above all. Henry gerome and virion yarne are two top tier guys, and the other pairs look good as well.

Henry!Gerome is the best possible Gerome outside of the MU, because he gets Axefaire, along with Hex and Anathema to fix his accuracy. Virion!Yarne is also GOAT because he already has Axefaire and gets Hit+20 for Berserker.

The only problem now is that Vaike!Owain is probably the worst Owain possible, and Kellam!Nah is a dated pairing; no longer favored now because defense isn't nearly as important as speed and attack, and that -3 spd on Kellam now is really ouch.

I would do:

Ricken!Owain

Vaike!Nah

And send Kellam to the bench.

If you really wanted a physical Owain, you could maybe give him Stahl and give Cordelia Vaike or Virion.

Thank you guys for the quick responses!

Yeah I guess I haven't explored Virion enough, he wasn't ever really used the last time I went through Apotheosis (2 years ago lol)

Haven't tried out Cherche x Henry but that'd be worth exploring. That frees up

Chrom x Sumia

Lissa x Vaike

Sully x Donnel

Cherche x Henry

Tharja x Gaius

Nowi x Kellam

Miriel x Gregor

Panne x Virion

Olivia x Libra

Cordelia x Stahl

Maribelle x Lon'Qu

Male MU x Lucina

Switching things up a bit, differences are Kellam!Nah, Henry!Gerome, Vaike!Owain, Virion!Yarne. I still haven't used Ricken but I've seen most people swear by Gregor!Laurent for Armsthrift, although Ricken!Laurent turns him into a crazy Sage. Fathers for Owain and Brady are giving me the most trouble, although I didn't use them too much my first time around.

Definitely switch Ricken for Owain and Vaike for Nah, everything else is great and Virion x Yarne is a great Yarne, the same as Lonqu!Brady.

Now I have a question about final classes and skillsets for the following

My pairings are:

Sumia!Lucina x Frederick!Gerome

Chrom!Cynthia x Vaike!Brady

Stahl!Severa x Virion!Inigo

Gaius!Kjelle x Ricken!Laurent

Libra!Owain x Henry!Noire

Donnel!Nah x Gregor!Yarne

And paring up my Lonqu! Morgan with MU

All are already done and i know most of them are suboptimal but this is my main run and went for aesthetics and I want a good finished team for the children and not necessarily for apotheosis.

The first row are leads the second row are support except for the dual Galeforce users which I tend to switch. All Galeboys have Galeforce and have all dlc

Thanks!

Yeah Kellam x Nah seems to be super outdated, to the bench he goes! Thanks to everybody for the tips, final lineup is looking like:

Male MU x Lucina (MU passing Counter) Sorcerer
Chrom!Cynthia (Full coverage) Dark Flier

Chrom!Lucina (Full coverage) Dark Flier
Ricken!Owain (Lissa passing Galeforce) Sage
Donnel!Kjelle (Full coverage) General
Henry!Gerome (Full coverage) General
Gaius!Noire (Full coverage) Dark Flier
Vaike!Nah (Vaike passing Axefaire) Hero/Manakete/General
Gregor!Laurent
(Full coverage) Sorcerer
Virion!Yarne
(Panne passing Swordbreaker) Berserker
Libra!Inigo (Olivia passing Galeforce) Sorcerer
Stahl!Severa (Full coverage...?) Sorcerer
Lon'Qu!Brady (Maribelle passing Galeforce) Sage

I was on the fence about Shadowgift Morgan and you make a good point that it just eats up an otherwise usable slot. I guess my last thing I'm pondering is what skills do I pass down? Trying to outline them above but still rusty on which skills the childs' can miss (as parent class coverage is normally great).

Should lead into this final setup:

Sage Brady - S - Sorcerer MU
Sage Owain - S - Sorcerer Severa
General Kjelle - S - Berserker Yarne
General Gerome - S - Manakete/Hero/General Nah
Sorcerer Inigo - S - Dark Flier Lucina
Sorcerer Morgan - S - Dark Flier Cynthia
Sorcerer Laurent - S - Dark Flier Noire

Sorcerer, manakete, and almost always general are pretty bad classes for apo.

Stahl!severa needs to be running a physical set or don't bother. Hero, specifically. She then needs Henry!gerome as a berserker in support. Nah should be a hero from those choices, and can support either magical or physical.

Not having Sage = not having Tomefaire, so even then Sorcerer is iffy as hell.

If you just like Sorcerers for some reason, give Severa Virion instead of Stahl so that you have Tomefaire. Stahl!Severa can work as either a Double Bow Sniper, Swordfaire Hero, or Lancefaire Paladin.

Edited by Radiant head

Sorcerer, manakete, and almost always general are pretty bad classes for apo.

Stahl!severa needs to be running a physical set or don't bother. Hero, specifically. She then needs Henry!gerome as a berserker in support. Nah should be a hero from those choices, and can support either magical or physical.

Did it before with a Sorcerer heavy setup but you're saying I'd be better off making them Sages? Might just be stuck in my old ways and overvaluing Sorcerer. Hero does seem like the best choice for Nah, and I've tweaked it around for Nah at Hero.