Which is the best father for a taguel Yarne? I know that taguel are not the best class but what would it take to make Yarne work as a taguel?

Nothing. It isn't that Yarne is bad, it's that the Taguel class is just a really bad class with bleh caps. But a good Yarne are the usual - Stahl, Virion, Lon'qu, Vaike...

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing. It isn't that Yarne is bad, it's that the Taguel class is just a really bad class with bleh caps. But a good Yarne are the usual - Stahl, Virion, Lon'qu, Vaike...

Stahl's taken in my F!Mu run...I think that I may have Donnel or Kellam left for Yarne (horrible options I know D:) on my F!Mu title (depending on Nowi I could go Donnel!Nah but it is up in the air). For M!Mu though I think it is worth a shot since I only have Stahl, Kellam and Donnel left...although I did want to try Donnel!Yarne...hmm...I guess I'll have to save Donnel!Yarne for another playthrough. Everyone else is married off already.

[spoiler=M!Mu Pairs for my current playthrough]

Chrom x Maribelle

Lissa x Lon'qu

Frederick x Sumia

Kaleb (M!Mu) x Lucina

Sully x Gaius

Miriel x Ricken

Cordelia x Virion

Tharja x Henry

Gregor x Nowi

Cherche x Vaike

Stahl's taken in my F!Mu run...I think that I may have Donnel or Kellam left for Yarne (horrible options I know D:) on my F!Mu title (depending on Nowi I could go Donnel!Nah but it is up in the air). For M!Mu though I think it is worth a shot since I only have Stahl, Kellam and Donnel left...although I did want to try Donnel!Yarne...hmm...I guess I'll have to save Donnel!Yarne for another playthrough. Everyone else is married off already.

[spoiler=M!Mu Pairs for my current playthrough]

Chrom x Maribelle

Lissa x Lon'qu

Frederick x Sumia

Kaleb (M!Mu) x Lucina

Sully x Gaius

Miriel x Ricken

Cordelia x Virion

Tharja x Henry

Gregor x Nowi

Cherche x Vaike

Well if you're just playing through story mode it doesn't really matter - I use Donnel!Yarne a long time ago. Can't remember how he went, I don't assume it was too good though. Donnel has a bad habit of hurting kids more then helping... a shame since his hair color is so good on everyone. Especially Nah and Kjelle.

Well if you're just playing through story mode it doesn't really matter - I use Donnel!Yarne a long time ago. Can't remember how he went, I don't assume it was too good though. Donnel has a bad habit of hurting kids more then helping... a shame since his hair color is so good on everyone. Especially Nah and Kjelle.

It is a shame. Really Donny needs something to make him worth while in the late game and some good caps!

Hi all!

I was wondering if I could get help/advice on my team for Lunatic+ run. I also plan on doing Apotheosis. I have the parents figured out, but Im still confused on some classes and skills for each child.

Sumia!Lucina - as a Sniper (Galeforce, Limit Breaker, Luna, Aether and Dual Strike)

Chrome!Cynthia - as a Paladin (Galeforce, Limit Breaker, Luna, Aether and Tomefaire)

Henry!Nah - as a Valkyrie (maybe?) - not sure about skills for her.

Donnel!Kjelle - as a Paladin (Galeforce, Limit Break, Luna, All+2, Swordaire)

Gaius!Noire - as a Bow Knight (maybe?) (Galeforce, LB, Luna, Astra, Bowfaire)

Stahl!Yarne - as a Sniper (maybe?) (Aggressor, LB, Hit+20, All+2...not sure about the last skill)

Virion!Severa - as a Wyvern Lord (Limit Break/Galeforce/Deliverer/Vengeance....not sure about the last skill)

Gregor!Laurent - as a Berserker (Vantage, Vengeance, LB, Aggressor....not sure about the last skill)

Ricken!Owain - as a Sage (LB, GF, Aggressor...last skills?)

Libra!Inigo - as a Hero (Galeforce, Limit Break, Aggressor, Luna....not sure about the last skill)

Lon'qu!Brady - as a Sage (Luna/Galeforce/Aggressor/Tomefaire/Limit Break)

Vaike!Gerome - I don't know what class or skills to use for him

Is it really important what skills I need to pass down to each kid (other than Galeforce obviously) ?

As for Morgan, Im still not sure who to use as her mother. I had it down between Lucina, Cynthia or Nah. So if I could have some advice on that too with a class and skills for her, I would appreciate it :)

I also need advice for child pairings too.

Sorry for all the requests! I truly appreciate the help!!

Edited by bazi

Those mostly look good.

Henry!Nah makes a good Valkyrie, so you could run LB/TF/Vengeance/Deliverer/AS+2, assuming she's a lead.

I prefer Gaius!Noire as a Sniper, but sure can't go wrong with Bow Knight either, especially if she's paired with someone who needs those bonuses.

Stahl!Yarne is better as a hard support Berserker. LB/Agg/Axefaire/Hit+20/whatever.

Virion!Severa wants Lancefaire if she's a Wyvern Lord. She also wants AS+2 instead of Deliverer to hit 75 speed.

Not sure about Gregor!Laurent. He can definitely run Berserker, but the skill cap is so bad, that he should be hard support, not a lead. If a lead, Sage is probably better for the VV thing.

Ricken!Owain wants Tomefaire and Luna to complete the set. Galeboys are fairly cookie cutter - LB/Agg/GF/Faire/Proc.

Vaike!Gerome - I would personally do support Berserker with LB/Agg/Axefaire/Tantivy/AS+2. The last two could be replaced with breakers.

Edited by Radiant head

Ricken!Owain @ Sage is supporting Sumia! Lucina! Morgan @ Valkyrie. What is a skillset for him? I mean, lb, agg, and tome faire are obvious. But past that? I mean, he is rolling with a 239 hit rate from the back. That's not perfect. But that's not perfect on like one or two enemies. Can he run luna plus galeforce? Or better yet, can he be fathered by libra and run vengeance? He'll get good support boosts from Morgan either way.

Also, that brings up another question. What is a typical dark Knight skillset? Say lon'qu Brady is running dk. What would his major role be and what set would he run?

Unless I'm missing something here, I think both Owain and Brady can run the generic galeboy set - LB/Agg/GF/Tomefaire/Luna.

Question - Is Pass a useful skill for a Sniper? Gaius!Noire@Sniper has to get most of her useful skills on her own. I was thinking of passing Vantage because Tharja is passing Vantage, so it would just be a temporary VV until the final set is rounded out, but if Pass has more utility I might do that instead.

Edited by Radiant head

Oh yeah, for Chrom!Inigo, is Axefaire or Swordfaire better? Would I have to pair it with Hit+20 if I went Axefaire? And last question, would this make Berserker!Chrom!Inigo a thing?

What is the best skill set for Maribelle!Lucina!Morgan to have. Obviously she is going to have +7 mag (+mag -str avatar) and Galeforce is a given. What skills/classes are going to make good use of that mag?

Class wise, Morgan makes an exceedingly good Valkyrie in my experience. She'll also probably have a higher luck if you're at all interested in that. Tomefaire is also good to pick up.

Class wise, Morgan makes an exceedingly good Valkyrie in my experience. She'll also probably have a higher luck if you're at all interested in that. Tomefaire is also good to pick up.

Well I was thinking along the lines of Sage Morgan (again something for that +7 mag) or even having her as a sorcerer. I'm not set though. Tomfaire sounds like a nice skill and I could make it work for a dark flier (increase her range or something to that affect). I am thinking of a tomefaire sage Maribelle!Lucina (because Lucina is more magically based in her caps and it would be a waste to make her a Great Lord and I don't want to do the grinding needed for it to get her caps)

Well I was thinking along the lines of Sage Morgan (again something for that +7 mag) or even having her as a sorcerer. I'm not set though. Tomfaire sounds like a nice skill and I could make it work for a dark flier (increase her range or something to that affect). I am thinking of a tomefaire sage Maribelle!Lucina (because Lucina is more magically based in her caps and it would be a waste to make her a Great Lord and I don't want to do the grinding needed for it to get her caps)

She already has Aether too so that takes pressure off. I think it'd be fine. Tomefaire, Galeforce, and Aether are all decent skills.

She already has Aether too so that takes pressure off. I think it'd be fine. Tomefaire, Galeforce, and Aether are all decent skills.

I figured that those might be at least three that I can consider. I could even throw Limit braker to a degree I suppose.

Oh yeah, for Chrom!Inigo, is Axefaire or Swordfaire better? Would I have to pair it with Hit+20 if I went Axefaire? And last question, would this make Berserker!Chrom!Inigo a thing?

Berserker is usually pretty bad for a lead unit because of their crap skill. You could make him a hard support, but that's wasting his genes. Axefaire Hero is probably better. He doesn't have room for Hit+20 if he's running the LB/Agg/Faire/GF/Luna set.

Berserker is usually pretty bad for a lead unit because of their crap skill. You could make him a hard support, but that's wasting his genes. Axefaire Hero is probably better. He doesn't have room for Hit+20 if he's running the LB/Agg/Faire/GF/Luna set.

I figured. I mostly wanted to know if Swordfaire or Axefaire was better tbh.

Chrome!Cynthia - as a Paladin (Galeforce, Limit Breaker, Luna, Aether and Tomefaire)

Wait I didn't catch this on someone else - why do you have Tomefaire on a Paladin?

If I want to make the ultimate Great Lord Lucina.... what should I do:

A. Chrom X Avatar with +Strength, - Def Asset/Flaw for 56 Strength, 56 Skill, and 56 Speed with Ignis then give her a hard support like Henry! Gerome?

B. Chrom X Olivia, then marry her to +Speed, Def Chrom! Inigo! Morgan @Wyvern Lord.

C. Chrom X Sumia, then marry her to someone like Vaike! Yarne! Morgan or Vaike! Gerome! Morgan, so that she has high speed and skill, but comps for the 2 points in strength with whoever is supporting her.

Ok so I'm still determined to use my leftover kids (for Apo), here's what I'm thinking:

Frederick!Noire @ Sniper (LB/BF/Luna/Skl+2/AS+2) x Vaike!Gerome @ Hero (LB/Agg/Axefaire/Axebreaker/AS+2)

If I did my calcs correctly, Noire would hit 72 Speed with all the rallies, speed tonic, All Stats +2, Limit Breaker and Hero pairup, with a 96.875% DS. I guess I'd have to make sure to rescue them after they're done attacking.

Should I give this a chance?