meh Gaius!Noire looks better because of her green outlooks and orange hair. (dat Irishness o3o)

I prefer her with darker hair colors or blonde. I like pairing Tharja and Vaike because Noire looks really good blonde and gets good mods.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Noire work without GF? If so, who's a good father for her?

Yes.

Lon'qu can make a good Noire, personally I think Vaike is the best cause he gives her some nice strength and the Mercenary line, and I've heard Frederick is decent.

Personally I gave up on making a non-GF Noire work because it usually always means giving a father who was wanted elsewhere. Except for Fred, but I'm honestly not seeing how a Fred!Noire wouldn't be crap.

I go for Henry!Noire and she works nicely enough :D:

Can Noire work without GF? If so, who's a good father for her?

Vaike offers her a powerful AT/Double Bow Sniper with great mods (use All+2/Anathema and pair with Vengeance Berserker Inigo, perhaps? Lots of options), while Ricken grants her a +6 Mag TF Sage, who works very well with Sage Inigo and DK Lon'qu!Brady (Using Brady has the advantage of being able to put Fred on Inigo, which lets Donnel and Kellam be benched without causing pain elsewhere). Fred is extremely low demand and makes a Sniper with passable mods as well, he's not very special but I wound up using her so I figure that one's worth mentioning.

Out of the three of Noire, Nah and Kjelle, Nah handles no GF better than Noire and Noire handles it better than Kjelle, though the main reason Nah is better than Noire is because she has less to lose- Noire can make more use of GF than Nah. Both have a lot to gain in terms of potential strategies by forgoing it.

OK. This is a help thread, though, so are you looking for advice on how to use them, or...?

I think that it is a pure joke and nothing more.

So with Henry!Noire is she better finishing as a magic unit or a physical one? I am thinking of having her as a magical unit/maybe healer? Also what skills should she end with?

The first one, maybe, but people assuming this is just a talk about aesthetics thread isn't unheard of.

Since you're using her for fun, I'd just pack her full of flashy stuff like Anathema (more crits) and Despoil. There's not really anything that she does well, but that also means you don't have to worry about a performance drop from doing whatever you want with her.

Question.

As someone who likes archers, but understands their... "limited" usefulness, likes using Noire, and also likes playing the most fitting classes for characters, how screwed am I with Lon'qu!Noire?

Also, since this will be my new main file, for the sake of curiosity, any thoughts on these other pairings would be appreciated.

Stahl!Kjelle (Besides Noire, this is one I'm also pretty curious about, although I imagine I know what the response will be, what with the disgusting class overlap.)

Henry!Severa

Frederick!Owain

Gaius!Yarne

Snipers are good in post-game or even high difficulties main game because they can attack dangerous enemies that have 1-2 range without counter. Lon'qu Noire is considered one of the good ones. No Galeforce, but high speed and skill.

Stahl!Kjelle is not very good because Kjelle only wants Galeforce, and Stahl's mods aren't that great either.

Henry!Severa is okay (Severa is hard to mess up in general), but the problem is that the high mag mod goes nowhere without access to Tomefaire, and Dark Mage overlaps, which means Henry would have been much better used elsewhere.

Fred!Owain is kind of bad because he goes from low str and high mag to just mediocre in both. Stahl is better if you want a physical Owain because at least the mag is +2. Still probably one of Fred's less terrible kids.

Gaius!Yarne is probably solid, but Gaius can pass Pegasus Knight to a daughter like Noire or Kjelle, so may want to consider that. Actually yeah if it's not too late switching Stahl and Gaius will give you a top tier Kjelle and Yarne.

The first one, maybe, but people assuming this is just a talk about aesthetics thread isn't unheard of.

Since you're using her for fun, I'd just pack her full of flashy stuff like Anathema (more crits) and Despoil. There's not really anything that she does well, but that also means you don't have to worry about a performance drop from doing whatever you want with her.

Well I was asking mostly because there is a source of information that suggests that she should be a strictly magical unit because of Tharja's mods. I'm not overly certain as to where this information was from, but I do remember reading it somewhere.

Czar,

When you say "Using Brady has the advantage of being able to put Fred on inigo" what did you mean by that? I understand that noire won't take him, but is there a dynamic with Brady or just you meant to type ricken?

Also, ricken works well for owain, so would replacing him with libra on either noire or owain be a big loss? It seems like a bigger loss to owain what with the great skills picked up when all you're basically after on noire is tome faire.

I have been searching for something to do with noire and I like the vaike idea, but that screws up nowi. Is there anyone that fills in here well? I know about Henry, but of course gerome sorely misses him.

Well I was asking mostly because there is a source of information that suggests that she should be a strictly magical unit because of Tharja's mods. I'm not overly certain as to where this information was from, but I do remember reading it somewhere.

There's a good deal of misinformation about Awakening out there, so where it was doesn't matter (probably Gfaqs, Reddit or YT).

Tharja does have a very nice +3 Mag mod, yes. But she doesn't give Noire Tomefaire, and since Tomefaire gives +5 Mag a unit with a +5 Mag mod and no Tomefaire (Henry!Noire) will have the same Mag as a unit with +0 Mag and Tomefaire. Put that next to your +2 Str and access to Bowfaire and Axefaire, and you're a bit better physical than magical.

It's a small difference and Noire works nicely mixed (DK, in this case), but she's still a predominantly physical unit despite having a high Mag mod.

When you say "Using Brady has the advantage of being able to put Fred on inigo" what did you mean by that? I understand that noire won't take him, but is there a dynamic with Brady or just you meant to type ricken?

Also, ricken works well for owain, so would replacing him with libra on either noire or owain be a big loss? It seems like a bigger loss to owain what with the great skills picked up when all you're basically after on noire is tome faire.

I have been searching for something to do with noire and I like the vaike idea, but that screws up nowi. Is there anyone that fills in here well? I know about Henry, but of course gerome sorely misses him.

Well, with a standard full-deployment team (3rd gen Morgan, 8 combat pairs including Chrom) you've got two fathers who will be benched. Kellam is pretty much always one of those, and Donnel has no redeeming qualities outside of GF, so if you skip him on Noire your benched dads are going to be Kellam and Donnel. This means you've got to use Fred somewhere, and Inigo is typically his best kid (Owain and Cynthia can also handle him). Non-GF Noire typically doesn't want Fred!Inigo though (he likes being a Paladin, mostly), so pairing her with Brady means Inigo can take Fred and go with someone else who does want a Paladin.

Libra can go just fine in place of Ricken on either Owain or Noire. In both cases, Noire will be up against some pretty terrible class overlap- Ricken gives her Paladin and +1 Mag over Libra, Libra offers WC, and both give Sage/TF. Owain can do well as a Sage with either- Ricken does give him some nice skill combos for other options, but if you want to use those Stahl!Owain is the same but better so I don't consider it much of a loss.

Nowi can take Gregor and do nicely, Gerome can be a Bowfaire Warrior if needbe (Lon'qu!Severa sponges those excellently, so does Donnel!Kjelle but if you're doing non-GF Noire that's not a good idea), or he can stay as a Berserker with Gregor and use Breakers for +Hit.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

What should Gaius pass down to Cynthia and what should Henry!Owain end up as class wise? Also, would Henry!Owain make a decent Dread Fighter...?

Oh, forgot... advantages of Ricken!Nah.

Sorry for asking so many questions, between my friend and I we have a lot..

Axebreaker is a lot more useful than Pavise, but girls don't tend to have Hit issues in Apo so she won't need either. Sol is useful for grinding, always have Gaius pass it.

Henry!Owain can be a Dread Fighter nicely, though Stahl!Owain and Libra!Inigo are more typical picks if you really want to use one.

Ricken!Nah typically is a Sage with TF/Luna/Deliverer. All+2 isn't too important since it never makes a difference in Spd thresholds, but she has room so she might wind up using it anyway for the Atk. You'd want it if she was a DK for some reason though. She works well in the same places Sage Noire does: Sage Inigo or DK Lon'qu!Brady.

There's a good deal of misinformation about Awakening out there, so where it was doesn't matter (probably Gfaqs, Reddit or YT).

Tharja does have a very nice +3 Mag mod, yes. But she doesn't give Noire Tomefaire, and since Tomefaire gives +5 Mag a unit with a +5 Mag mod and no Tomefaire (Henry!Noire) will have the same Mag as a unit with +0 Mag and Tomefaire. Put that next to your +2 Str and access to Bowfaire and Axefaire, and you're a bit better physical than magical.

It's a small difference and Noire works nicely mixed (DK, in this case), but she's still a predominantly physical unit despite having a high Mag mod.

*snip the last bit off*

I didn't find out that information from reddit or gfaqs. I don't even go near those sites.

I didn't find out that information from reddit or gfaqs. I don't even go near those sites.

Maybe Tumblr. I saw a blog that had Libra x Tharja as the best pairing for her.

Hey, I'm trying to plan out my pairings for my upcoming playthrough, and am having some difficulties. Here's what I have planned so far from pouring over this thread and whatnot:

Chrom x Sumia

Lissa x Libra

Sully x Donnel

Cherche x ????

Tharja x Gaius

Nowi x Vaike

Miriel x Gregor

Panne x Stahl

Olivia x Frederick

Cordelia x Lon'qu

Maribelle x Virion

Male MU x Lucina

I really don't care about supports/chemistry, more just interested in min/maxing. I'm still fairly new to the game, but greatly enjoy making powerful characters. Any input on who should be changed or what skills/classes should be utilized would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D