*snip*

Chrom!Morgan is something that I am not so certain on...I have seen suggestions of Dark Knight, but are there other viable options where Morgan would/could shine. Also what is a good finish for Olivia!Lucina!Morgan for my current M!Mu playthrough? I'm trying to get her to have Galeforce at the moment :P: so she is a Dark Flier. I'm thinking Grandmaster, but that might not be too helpful I'm not sure.

F!Morgan's dad has +Def -Lck not +HP :/ mostly looking for F!Morgan more than M!Morgan though...

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll think about it, I've also never done Gaius!Noire so that would be interesting. I thought Kjelle was considered better with Gaius though.

Gaius!Kjelle is better than Donnel!Kjelle and Gaius!Noire is better than Donnel!Noire (Donnel stinks). Gaius!Kjelle is also better than Gaius!Noire, but Donnel!Kjelle is also better than Donnel!Noire- and the improvement between Donnel!Noire and Gaius!Noire is much bigger than the improvement between Donnel!Kjelle and Gaius!Kjelle. Also, Noire handles not having GF a lot better than Kjelle does, so using Gaius!Kjelle and benching Donnel is an option too.

There's no clean best option, but that's how they stack up. I prefer Gaius!Kjelle and non-GF Noire myself (for Apo).

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Yeah Kjelle is a lot better with Gaius. It's just an issue of whether you want a great Kjelle and a bad Noire, or a good Kjelle and a good Noire.

Yea, I'd rather have two good units than one great one.

Especially since I don't like Kjelle that much.

Edit: How about Libra as Noire's father for tomefaire access?

Edited by Zerosabers

Libra!Noire is pretty good, but I prefer Ricken!Noire (trades WC for Paladin and +1 Mag- both of them have a lot of class overlap, unfortunately).

Kellam!Noire also exists and is actually not as bad as she sounds. I think she could go well with a Ricken!Inigo.

I wouldn't use Virion!Noire though, she has no use for Wyvern without the Faires and +4 Spd isn't really useful to a Sage, and Virion is better used elsewhere. Maybe as a DK with Deliverer she would work?

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Yea I tried out Virion!Noire and was very disappointed.

[spoiler=Updated Team]

Sumia!Lucina

Libra?Owain

Henry!Inigo

Lon'qu!Brady

Gaius!Kjelle

Chrom!Cynthia

Stahl!Gerome

Cordelia!Morgan

Virion!Yarne

Gregor!Laurent

Ricken?Noire

Vaike!Nah

Ricken!Noire sounds good too, the Pavgis silliness sounds fun for spotpass.

Though does losing Luna hurt Owain much?

Not really, with Libra, Owain is just using Vengeance instead of Luna, which works. It's personal preference which proc you prefer. I guess Owain can run VV for fun, but for Apo it isn't as reliable as just plain Vengeance with say, Aggressor for player phase based combat.

I'm tempted to now open a new file and do MU!Noire so she can run Tomefaire Dark Flier. Only not sure what the ideal asset/flaw would be.

Edited by Radiant head

Going for a Lunatic Run and I'm thinking my primary units are gonna be Chrom, FeMU, Nowi, Lissa, Lon'qu, and Kellam, for sure. Hesitant on Frederick and I don't really want to bother much with second healer Maribelle. Although I might just have to use Maribelle anyways, for what I have in mind. Haven't decided whether I'm going to use Stahl or Sully more - definitely at least one of them.

About specific pairings, I think I'm going to have Chrom/FeMU, Nowi/Kellam, and Lon'qu/Maribelle, because I want to actually try using Brady for once in my life.

Am I making good choices in Awakening life?

Hmm, Lon'qu, Kellam and a Cav is quite a lot of earlygame units to take along, especially since Lon'qu isn't ranged and you only have one Javelin to share between two units who need it.

It's vanilla so you could make it if you know what you're doing, but I wouldn't consider that to be a beneficial plan.

I imagine it was popular back when people were crazy about tanks and things like PavGis were all the rage.

This got ignored when I asked it earlier, but is Ricken!Nah good as a Bowfaire Bride? I'm thinking about switching Owain's father from Ricken to Libra if it means Nah can work, because right now Libra Kellam might be my only remaining fathers left.

Kellam!Nah was a thing due to having +7 Def, which was once so desirable that it was worth marrying Robin to a non-GF wife just to pass on to Morgan when there were plenty of perfectly fine options with 2 or 3 less. Sort of like how Vaike!Gerome's Str was once so desirable that it was unquestionably worth 50-60 listed Hit. She really has nothing going for her besides that, unless maybe Pavise and Renewal fulfill some sort of tanking fantasy for you (it's not like she'd be able to get them in any situation where tanking would still be useful...).

Ricken!Nah as a Bowfaire Bride? I guess. She'd need a DF support to hit 69 Spd (no All+2). But Bride x DF has always felt a little flimsy without a huge amount of procstacking on a double galepair to me.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

What skills should I give Priam?

Also, would Sol + Astra be decent for him? Or just in general for units who can get both?

Sol + Offensive procs just don't mix well. You're better off going solo Sol (for more in game application) or offensive procs only (Apo/Streetpass value).

edit: well, considering Priam, there really isn't any in game value he brings, so it really boils down to Sol not being heavily relevant to him.

Edited by Vascela

For hard support, I have him with LB, Agg, SF, Lancebreaker, and axe breaker.

For quasi lead, I do LB, Agg, armsthrift (for ragnell), sol, and Astra.

And yeah sol + Astra is badass. I did that on Czar's suggestion. Unlike Luna it doesn't get overrided by sol so you get high damage with a side of healing which is the closest thing you can get to quasi-aether. And hero has high skill to pull it off. For Apo he should probably just be hard support though.

Edited by Radiant head

Not sure about Astra/Ignis. It works well on my Dark Flier FeMU, but someone else can answer that better.

Astra/Luna is sort of weird because Astra is less effective if the enemy has high defense, while Luna directly deals with that issue, so there's some counter intuitive asynergy there. I guess some characters do pull it off, while others with say less str would much rather have Luna proc, and so they wouldn't want Astra.

I'm not sure about Ignis/Luna. They have the same proc rate, so I would think it makes sense to just go with the one that deals more damage (depending on the unit's mag/str stats).

Edited by Radiant head

MOVING THIS HERE FROM IT'S OWN THREAD DUE TO A SUGGESTION

New to these forums, but I recently started a normal/casual playthrough of Awakening so I can get a feel for I guess what is called "Min maxing". I realize this is usually done on the harder difficulties (Lunatic/+), but this is just intended to get my feet wet and see what I can pull out of the playthrough. This of course means optimal pairings for the best children are necessary. I've done some browsing and this is what I've come up with:

SumiaXChrom - Cynthia & Lucina
LissaXLibra - Owain
SullyXDonnel - Kjelle
ChercheXGregor - Gerome
TharjaXGaius - Noire
NowiXKellam - Nah
MirielXRicken - Laurent
PanneXLon'qu - Yarne
OliviaXFrederick - Inigo
CordeliaXStahl - Severa
MaribelleXHenry - Brady
LucinaXRobin - Morgan
My Unit is male, +Res/-Luk. Being that resistance is Robin's "inherent" flaw, and I have access to Limit Breaker (which makes Luck more irrelevant than it already is), I decided to go with this, as it only results in a major decrease to Luck (irrelevant) and a very minor decrease to Strength, while giving a small boost to magic, a moderate boost to Speed, and a huge boost to Resistance (once again, Robin's inherent weakest stat)
A few things to keep in mind:
  • I do not mind grinding, it's something I'm completely okay with, so growths and/or starting stats/skills are not important unless they are unobtainable otherwise (Example: Galeforce on Male Children, Donnel's child getting Aptitude for a start, etc.)
  • I have access to all the DLC maps, so I have skills like All Stats +2, Limit Break, etc. As well as an "infinite" supply of gold, Exp, weapons.
  • This is an advice thread, so it's obviously going to be very opinionated. My opinions my differ from your own, however I'm not experienced in this, so feel free to tell me if I have something less than optimal.
  • This isn't for one person to answer ALL of it, though feel free to do so. If you just feel that Sumia should be switched with Olivia, and that's your only advice, then feel free to say so.
  • Please explain reasoning for what you're advising.

So now to the important part. For what I have listed, what skills/classes/etc. should I go for with the units I have listed? Parents included if you have an opinion on that (For instance, I'm feeling Frederick should be a Paladin, as his resistance growths are awful, and he seems more of a support unit than anything).

Things I'd like you to comment on:

• Efficiency of my pairings in terms of final stat caps and skill/class availability
  • What skills should go where
  • What classes each child/parent should be to take advantage of their inherent strengths/weaknesses.
  • Your opinions on anything else

I realize it's a long read but I appreciate any help/advice you can give. Thanks again in advance!