• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her growth rates are okay I guess but her bases are kinda low compared to most units on my team (who are level 1 promoted units, mind you). Have I screwed lucina up?

Don't look at her bases or growths, look at her exp gain. Just give her a map full of kills and she'll be great. Put her in a magical class like GM or DK (I'd advise starting with Tactician) so she can put her Mag to use.

Maribelle x Libra

Miriel x Gregor

Panne x Virion

Nowi x Henry

These are the last four. I think Nowi x Henry will have a Valkyrie Nah, but as for the other three, any good ideas for final classes? I'd usually have Laurent as a Dark Knight but...

I'm having Laurent as a sorcerer for forged aversa's night but I imagine he can work as anything

Yarne would be a hit plus 20 berserker.

Brady as a Sage. I prefer war monk aesthetically, but it isn't very practical, esp with Libra.

You absolutely must marry Priam...or else. jk

Ha I'm doing this now. With +spd avatar, Morgan is pretty awesome, even if not optimal.

Edited by Radiant head

Brady as a Sage. I prefer war monk aesthetically, but it isn't very practical, esp with Libra.

Yeah I prefer it too. single tear

But I guess Sage it is... at least he keeps purple and black outfit iirc.

I'm actually considering using Gregor!Brady as a War Monk for nogrind Lunatic+. Monks may be bad for Apo, but I'm really thinking he might work for this.

Pray tell?

Pray tell?

[spoiler=Current run for context]On my current Lunatic+ run (which is at Cht.21 right now), I'm trying to modify a quad GF passdown strat into proper full deployment where I train/use as many units as I can field. My original plan going into this was to grab Fred!Owain and Henry!Inigo to be Severa and Morgan's partners, respectively, since neither of them would interfere with Sumia and Cordelia's training to get- Lissa will already have some Fred support from healing and can use him as a pairup for more once she starts fighting in late Plegia, and Olivia and Henry have a fast support growth and can reach S through dancing during the child paralogues and grab Inigo before moving on to Valm.

I got a bigger powerspike than I had been expecting upon recruiting the children, though, and before even getting Morgan I wrecked Severa's Paralogue (Lv.3/5 promoted, around where Cht.17 is ingame) and figured I had enough of a lead on the game to try getting Inigo GF, so I held off on getting him to reclass Olivia to DF and get her to 15. Turns out that was a bad idea because she hogged exp Owain needed to get a fast promotion (I passed Discipline and DSp+ and took him Wyvern -> Griffon), so I still don't have Inigo and am pairing Cord and Morgan instead. Having them as a double Galepair is nice, but some kills on Cord's end are a little scary so I'm trying to figure what I'd do with Morgan otherwise.

This run I passed Morgan AT and GF and sent her Tact -> GM -> DK. Looking at what she wants for pairup bonuses, +Lck is pretty important- Severa got a huge power spike when Owain promoted thanks to AT getting reliable enough to start freely using Legendaries- and since Morgan gets Ignis early and will always be a mixed attacker, +Str/Mag is nice too. Monk's bonuses cover all this nicely, with some +Res on the side which is useful as Morgan will likely have decent Res already and can become a proper tank with this.

The reason I'm looking at Gregor!Brady for the job is because Maribelle, as a staffbot, can be trained and given DSp+ without getting in Sumia/Cord's way (though there's a chance I'd pass Rally Res instead). Gregor can be a prepromote should I get him a Seal, meaning he'll give great pairup bonuses and have decent damage output until stuff starts promoting. Brady will have naturally high Lck as well due to Maribelle's growths, meaning he'll both give a little more a little sooner for Morgan and have a good AT rate himself, assuming I pass it (I might not, if Rally Skl turns out to be a better option- it, along with his Lck and Res and Morgan's Spc could give Lucina/Cynthia a very important boost somewhere).

Any other thoughts? Is there any way to make Swordmaster or Assassin Owain good?

Considering a playthrough where characters are used in classes where their models are unique (i.e. Chrom as Great Lord, Avatar as Grandmaster, Sumia or Cordelia as Falcon Knights, Emmeryn as Sage, Aversa as Dark Flier: Would there be a set of pairings specifically good for these?

Lucina: Great Lord

Severa: Bow Knight

Brady: War Monk or Sage
Noire: Sniper
Cynthia: Dark Flier or Falcon Knight (Doesn't matter because neither are unique except for her Pegasus Knight)
Inigo: Hero? (Again doesn't matter because only his Mercenary is unique)
Yarne: Taguel
Nah: Manakete
Laurent: Sage or Sorcerer
Owain: Assassin or Swordmaster
Morgan: Grandmaster
Gerome: Wyvern Lord
Kjelle: General or Great Knight

Any other thoughts? Is there any way to make Swordmaster or Assassin Owain good?

I guess you could marry Lissa to a +Mag/-Def(or whatever) MaMU and use a Levin Sword. You get a lot of speed and a pretty respectable 41 Mag, swordfaire makes that hit actually pretty hard. It also gives you a pretty robust +7 Mag and +3 speed for Morgan for a nice Grandmaster, while also boosting her luck to where, at max, she can abuse AT with any pairup so you can use the legendary weapons (Same for Ragnell should Owain just want to carry that for the heck of it). The fact that you encounter Lissa immediately and Owain's chapter is pretty easy means you could very easily make him a part of the team as soon as he becomes available.

I thought Sniper only gave an str bonus.

So I have Donnel!Kjelle and Stahl!Inigo paired, but since Kjelle has nerfed spd, I'm wondering if Inigo should be a Bow Knight instead of Sniper.

I should probably post my whole Apo team for feedback, but I don't know how to list parents, pairs, skills, and classes without making it really difficult to read.

Edited by Radiant head

I thought Sniper only gave an str bonus.

So I have Donnel!Kjelle and Stahl!Inigo paired, but since Kjelle has nerfed spd, I'm wondering if Inigo should be a Bow Knight instead of Sniper.

I should probably post my whole Apo team for feedback, but I don't know how to list parents, pairs, skills, and classes without making it really difficult to read.

Just make things concise in lines (don't make things vertical).

Sumia!Lucina@Sniper (LB/GF/Aether/Luna/DSt+) x +Mag/-Def Avatar-M@Sage (LB/Agg/TF/All+2/filler)

That's a pretty good format. Change the X to a + if they're fighting at A and add the weapon after the skills if it's unusual.

Kjelle will want a +Spd support if she's a Wyvern and not need one if she's a Paladin or Hero. Inigo's Paladin will be fast enough for her Wyvern if you go that route.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Alright.

Sumia!Lucina@GL (LB/GF/Aether/Luna/DSt+) x (Priam x +spd/-def Avatar)!Morgan@Hero (LB/GF/Agg/Astra/Luna)

Gaius!Noire@Sniper (LB/GF/BF/Anathema/Luna) x Henry!Brady@Sage (LB/GF/Agg/TF/Vengeance)

Lon'qu!Severa@Hero (LB/GF/SF/AS+2/Vengeance) x Ricken!Owain@DF (LB/GF/Agg/TF/Luna)

Donnel!Kjelle@Paladin (LB/GF/AS+2/LF/Luna) x Stahl!Inigo@Sniper (LB/GF/Agg/Armsthrift/Luna)

Chrom!Cynthia@Paladin (LB/GF/Aether/Luna/LF) x Virion!Gerome@Warrior (LB/Agg/BF/Hit+20/???)

Is 5 pairs enough? If not, I'll have to add Chrom/Sumia and/or Lon'qu/Cordelia. And I'm really hoping Morgan doesn't need a faire so I can run a luxury skill like Astra or Armsthrift. Since he's paired with a DS+.

Yeah, that'll work. Severa doesn't see any benefit from All+2 beyond a bit more Atk though; you may want to switch it for Deliverer since she's only got 6 Mov. Gerome's last skill should probably be All+2 though.

5 pairs is definitely enough. Morgan will be fine without a Faire in this case.

Hi guys,

I just want some feedback on the class and pairing of the Shepard's kids. And which of the class distributions do you guys most prefer in hard DLC like Apotheosis? If possible, may I get recommendation on the skill sets for each roles? Thanks.

Here's what I have below.

**Version 1: Army of Sage Fliers**

**Parent Pairings:**

Chrom x Sumia

Lissa x Henry

Sully x Donnel

Miriel x Gregor

Maribelle x Lon’qu

Panne x Virion

Cordelia x Stahl

Nowi x Vaike

Tharja x Gaius

Olivia x Libra

Cherche x Ricken

**Time Traveler Pairings:**

*1x Galeforce User*

Lucina (Dark Flier) x Robin (Sage)(+Magic, - Defense)

Owain (Sage) x Nah (Sage)

Noire (Dark Flier) x Laurent (Sage)

Kjelle (Dark Flier) x Yarne (Sage)

Gerome (Sage) x Severa (Dark Flier)

*2x Galeforce Users*

Inigo (Sage) x Morgan (Dark Flier)

Brady (Sage) x Cynthia (Dark Flier)

**Version 2: Mixed Army of Sage Fliers & Hero Berserkers**

**Parent Pairings:**

Chrom x Sumia

Lissa x Ricken

Sully x Donnel

Miriel x Gregor

Maribelle x Virion

Panne x Stahl

Cordelia x Lon'qu

Nowi x Vaike

Tharja x Gaius

Olivia x Frederick

Cherche x Henry

**Time Traveler Pairings:**

*1x Galeforce User*

Lucina (Dark Flier) x Robin (Sage)(+Magic, - Defense)

Inigo (Hero) x Nah (Hero)

Noire (Dark Flier) x Laurent (Sage)

Kjelle (Hero) x Yarne (Berserker)

Gerome (Berserker) x Severa (Hero)

*2x Galeforce Users*

Owain (Sage) x Morgan (Dark Flier)

Brady (Sage) x Cynthia (Dark Flier)

Edited by YTakumiY

Your pairings are really solid but those class sets are gross. You need to use more than one or two different unit combinations or you'll get bored with the map before even finishing your team's inaugural run and all your work grinding the team up will go to waste. Get more Snipers, Paladins, Wyverns, Bow Knights, Warriors, Valkyries, even Assassins etc in there to make things less generic- don't try to make every pair conform to an "optimal" strategy, try to figure out strategies that bring out the best each pair has to offer.

Like, take Severa and Gerome in the second set. As is, they're really fast, and can drop quite a lot of Spd without failing to double anything. If you give Severa All+2, you could switch her to Wyvern Lord- a loss of 4 Spd from Hero- and she'll gain a ton of Str and Mov from it with no losses (her Hit will be fine with Gerome's Hex, and she uses Vengeance so she doesn't have to worry about proc rate). Or, if you keep her as a Hero (with All+2), she can't even use a +Spd pairup, so you could give her something much more accurate instead- say, a Warrior (pass Gerome Bowfaire from someone like Stahl and put Henry elsewhere, maybe) or a Sniper for very high DS.

Yeah, that'll work. Severa doesn't see any benefit from All+2 beyond a bit more Atk though; you may want to switch it for Deliverer since she's only got 6 Mov. Gerome's last skill should probably be All+2 though.

5 pairs is definitely enough. Morgan will be fine without a Faire in this case.

Alright thanks. I was going to do the Wyvern Lord thing with Severa, but figured it wouldn't mesh that well with a magic user.

Quick Question: How viable is Darkknight for Gregor!Laurent if I pair him with Sully!Morgan as a Sniper (+Skill/-Luck)?

The only drawback is that DK has crappy pair up bonuses.
Edited by Radiant head