DSp+ is nice but remember that it only increases the lead's stats, not his.

Bit confused how it works. If I were to pair Emmeryn with Male My Unit and Emmeryn had Dual Support +, does that mean only Male My Unit would ever receive the Dual Support+ in the lead and Emmeryn wouldn't get anything while leading. In that case, would that make Emmeryn with Dual Support + paired with Female My Unit with Dual Support+ a better combination to use her offensively in Apo?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know how the lead unit when fighting paired up/adjacent gets a +Hit/Avo/Dge/Crit boost based on the level of their support? DSp+ increases that boost and makes it like they were 4 support levels ahead of where they actually are.

So if the units have S with eachother, normally the lead will receive +15/10/10/10. Add DSp+ anywhere on the team, front or back, male or female, and the lead will then get +20/15/15/15 instead.

It doesn't stack with itself and only works if the unit with it shows up in battle, so while standing more units adjacent to the combat pair can increase the boosts further, having DSp+ on them won't do anything whether it's on the main pair or not.

Heyyo. I'm trying to sort out some pairings, but I am having brain farts left and right.I have a Skill-Asset male Avatar and there are just some pairings I am considering:

Chrom/Sumia

Sully/Ricken

Stahl/Miriel

Cordelia/Vaike

Maribelle/Frederick

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Chrom/Sumia - good

Sully - Kjelle really wants Pegasus Knight for Galeforce. Consider Donnel or Gaius

Miriel - This is good, especially for Vantage. I prefer Gregor because armsthrift lets him preserve a forged Aversa's Night, but this is good too.

Cordelia - Not as good as Lon'qu or Virion, but still pretty good. Vaike passes Luna to girls, so that's nice to have.

Maribelle - A bit of a waste of Frederick, since Brady already has Great Knight. Consider Virion or Lon'qu for +spd (since Brady doesn't need anything else). Or personally I like giving him Sorc access with Henry or Libra.

Edited by Radiant head

How the hell did I not know this existed...

Aaaaaaaanyway I better say something related to this...

I'm a tweency bit selfconscious of my pairings so don't be too harsh

MuxNowi (no its not creepy you don't know how old I am)

ChromxSumia (come at me)

LissaxStahl (smiley couple)

SullyxKellam (who is this Kellam person, is he even real or did she adopt Kjelle)

MirielxRicken (I needed a pairing to laugh at don't judge me)

MaribellexDonnel (I like chalk and cheese couples in everything)

PannexLon'qu (emotionless-ish pairing, and don't they just look like they should be together?)

CordeliaxGaius (I wanted Severa to be ginger ok?)

TharjaxHenry (yes I am one of THOSE people)

OliviaxVirion (sorry shadowofchaos Inigo looks best with blue hair)

CherchexGregor (good old fashion mother and father figures says gregor)

KIDDIES!!!

LucinaxInigo (I has no reasons)

BradyxCynthia (He just wants to protect her, how COULDN'T I)

LaurentxNoire (the son of a mage and the daughter of a dark mage...how fun...)

OwainxSevera (a tsundere and a fruitcake...more fun...)

NahxYarne (BUNNIE-DRAGON BABIES 4EVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

MorganxGerome (only batman was good enough for daddies little girl...)

And that's that did ya like em?

Cherche needs a partner for my M!MU playthrough and here's who I have left,

Donnel, Stahl, Kellam and Gaius.

I am looking to make Gerome have bowbreaker (to help with his paralogue and of course help him as a wyvern lord) who would be the best father for him in regards to who I have left?

Stahl!Gerome is the easy winner there.

If you want Bowbreaker, Stahl and Donnel will both have Bow Knight, but Georme will also want Hit+20 (from Sniper), so the archer line is way more valuable than the mercenary line. Stahl's mods are also way better.

Edited by Radiant head

Stahl!Gerome is the easy winner there.

If you want Bowbreaker, Stahl and Donnel will both have Bow Knight, but Georme will also want Hit+20 (from Sniper), so the archer line is way more valuable than the mercenary line. Stahl's mods are also way better.

Drat I knew there was something missing!

So as seen I'm doing a DMC run for Awakening. They seem to have chosen Cherche (which I'm happy about) so I'm thinking of pairings for it. This frees Henry up for anyone. As far as pairings go-

Chrom x Sumia/Olivia

Olivia x Chrom/Frederick

Lissa x Henry/Ricken/Stahl

Sully x Gaius

Cordelia x Lon'qu

Maribelle x Libra

Miriel x Gregor

These are the only ones so far. Any ideas...~?

If you like them, they're fine with me. I'm here to help people and give advice, not to pass judgement on others' senses of aesthetics.

If u want advice I'll give you advice I just thought I should share my ideas for other people to enjoy.

Anyway these are the "good" pairings in my opinion

ChromxSumia/Olivia: Sumia grants lucina renewal, pavise and miracle yet Olivia grants her vantage astra and they both give her galefource so eat your heart out. Chrom gives cynthia aether aigis and bow breaker and that is good. Chrom gives Inigo Rightful King luna and cavalier classes and this is also good.

Owain is moldable due to lissa being magic based but that does not mean Owain is bad at strength based classes. I would say either pair her with lon'qu Frederick Libra Ricken or Donnel mainly because they all give great stats to him, use Owain as a dread fighter and u have yourself a broken-ass babeh.

Sully........ummm...I would say gaius for galefource and counter or else Kellam for possibly the HIGHEST defence stat in the game.

Miriel and Kellam for tank-sorcerer, Ricken gives luna and passes down the highest magic possible or else Libra and Henry. The last 3 are for your magic based Kiddies.

Sumia: I already said chrom but Henry makes cynthia an incredibly good dark flyer.

Maribelle and Henry gives Brady access to sorcerer, Ricken gives him luna and high magic and Libra is good. Don't rule out lon'qu though.

Panne...and lon'qu makes a speedy baby bunny...Frederick and Kellam are also good candidates though.

Cordelia, depends on how you want your Severa. If you want her to be a sol+aversa's knight user then I would say Ricken or Henry. If you want her to be physical I would recommend either gregor, Frederick, stahl, lon'qu or vaike.

Nowi and Donnel, gregor or gaius for counter but Donnel and gaius give her galefource so remember that.

Tharja has the same problem as Cordelia, depends on how you want to use Noire. If magic then either Henry of Libra. If physical then either gaius lon'qu or Virion, if you can't pick just make her a bride.

Olivia and Henry, lon'qu, Donnel or Virion is great if you want him to be a dread fighter or hero.

CherchexGregor, vaike, Frederick, Kellam, lon'qu and believe it or not Henry are all great for him so go nuts.

And lastly, lovely lovely morgan:........................errybody is for this child go and take your pic :3

(Also in my opinion Henry is good for nearly all of them, in case you haven't noticed)

Posted · Hidden by Florete, November 18, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, November 18, 2015 - No reason given

If you like them, they're fine with me. I'm here to help people and give advice, not to pass judgement on others' senses of aesthetics.

If u want advice I'll give you advice I just thought I should share my ideas for other people to enjoy.

ChromxSumia/Olivia: Sumia grants lucina renewal, pavise and miracle yet Olivia grants her vantage astra and they both give her galefource so eat your heart out. Chrom gives cynthia aether aigis and bow breaker and that is good. Chrom gives Inigo Rightful King luna and cavalier classes and this is also good.

Owain is moldable due to lissa being magic based but that does not mean Owain is bad at strength based classes. I would say either pair her with lon'qu Frederick Libra Ricken or Donnel mainly because they all give great stats to him, use Owain as a dread fighter and u have yourself a broken-ass babeh.

Sully........ummm...I would say gaius for galefource and counter or else Kellam for possibly the HIGHEST defence stat in the game.

Miriel and Kellam for tank-sorcerer, Ricken gives luna and passes down the highest magic possible or else Libra and Henry. The last 3 are for your magic based Kiddies.

Sumia: I already said chrom but Henry makes cynthia an incredibly good dark flyer.

Maribelle and Henry gives Brady access to sorcerer, Ricken gives him luna and high magic and Libra is good. Don't rule out lon'qu though.

Panne...and lon'qu makes a speedy baby bunny...Frederick and Kellam are also good candidates though.

Cordelia, depends on how you want your Severa. If you want her to be a sol+aversa's knight user then I would say Ricken or Henry. If you want her to be physical I would recommend either gregor, Frederick, stahl, lon'qu or vaike.

Nowi and Donnel, gregor or gaius for counter but Donnel and gaius give her galefource so remember that.

Tharja has the same problem as Cordelia, depends on how you want to use Noire. If magic then either Henry of Libra. If physical then either gaius lon'qu or Virion, if you can't pick just make her a bride.

Olivia and Henry, lon'qu, Donnel or Virion is great if you want him to be a dread fighter or hero.

CherchexGregor, vaike, Frederick, Kellam, lon'qu and believe it or not Henry are all great for him so go nuts.

And lastly, lovely lovely morgan:........................errybody is for this child go and take your pic :3

(Also in my opinion Henry is good for nearly all of them, in case you haven't noticed)

Anything Sumia and Olivia do for Lucina is cancelled out by the female avater because anything those two can do F!Avatar does it better. She litterally gives Lucina all of the gender permitting classes and skills. As well as the exclusive tactician class set and skills. Lucina would only need Sumia or Olivia if the F!Avatar wasn't an option as a mother or you want to marry your F!Avatar to someone other than Chrom. Sure Cynthia and Inigo don't get Aether and Rightful King, but they don't need those skills. Cynthia doesn't need bow breaker if you use Aegis/Pav (not so sure which one halves bow damage) which I believe you get either from Frederick or Sumia. Inigo can work without Chrom, I usually make Inigo a more magic based unit with Libra. That said

Kellam makes for a terrible father on any of the children. His mods are not needed by anyone and baised on what I have seen, Frederick is better by a long shot based on what I have seen mentioned here.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

These are the only ones so far. Any ideas...~?

Did you finish making your last set of pairings? If not, you could always try bringing over some of them. I've no experience with DMC so I can't speak for aesthetics, though.

[spoiler=super long response]If u want advice I'll give you advice I just thought I should share my ideas for other people to enjoy.

Noo, I meant advice from me to you. This is a help thread for Apotheosis, you turned up but didn't seem to want help so I was a little confused.

Many of those skills aren't necessary or even helpful, because skillslots are too tight in Apo for non-essentials. The only ones of those that matter are Aether on Cynthia and Luna on Inigo- Lucina always runs LB/GF/Aether/Luna/DSt+, Chrom!Cynthia always runs LB/GF/Aether/Luna/Faire and all Inigos always run LB/GF/Agg/Faire/proc (with the proc being either Luna or Vengeance).

Those pairs are both good, but for different reasons. Chrom x Sumia yields a +5 Spd mod, which meshes extremely well with base 40 Spd classes like Sniper and Paladin (with a Berserker support and no All+2, they perfectly hit 75 Spd). Should either of them be used for a 3rd gen Morgan, the mods line up nicely as well: +Str or +Skl gives a 75 Spd Wyvern Morgan with All+2 and a Berserker (no room for a Faire), and +Mag gives a 75 Spd Valkyrie with a +0 support (no All+2, so room for Aether/Ignis/TF).

Olivia gives Chrom the benefit of having a son who's usable ingame, which is extremely useful for making small, centralized teams as it's otherwise very easy to run into a situation where Chrom and Robin collectively have four daughters. Maribelle also deserves mention for having a higher Mag Lucina, who can make herself useful without Aether/Luna on challenge runs where higher minimum damage is desired.

Lissa's mods in general are terrible, so the fact that Owain doesn't have any fathers that give him a high Str mod doesn't really count against him. As a Galeboy, he'll want to run a set of LB/GF/Agg/Faire/proc, and he comes with TF/SF/AF at base so those aren't a concern. He'll thus be primarily interested in Ricken, Stahl, Fred, Kellam, Libra and Henry, but it's safe to remove Fred and Kellam from the list because Stahl is almost completely superior. Ricken, Libra and Henry!Owain tend to just go for Sage and run standard sets, while Stahl gives Owain more flexibility in physical roles without hurting his Mag- Sniper, Paladin and the very rare Berserker. Bow Knight is also a possibility.

Sully has a -1 Def mod, even discounting Manakete and 3rd gen Morgan it's not possible for Kjelle to have the highest Def in the game. Counter actually does nothing in Apo, and generally does nothing everywhere else, so it's not a selling point either. Gaius still is a good option for Kjelle, though- she uses Paladin or Wyvern with a Berserker support and either Astra as a Paladin or All+2 as a Wyvern. Donnel can also be put on Kjelle without causing too much harm- she'll have to step down to 69 Spd thanks to his atrocious mods, but her offenses will stay relatively intact.

There's no such thing as tanking in Apo, so Sorcs are generally accepted as bad there. Since Laurent doesn't get GF, he'll also be spending all his time in the back (unless you're running a niche 155 crit VV build), so both his Def and Luna don't matter. The two ways to play Laurent are to use dads with a positive Mag mod and leave him in the back (boring, but solid) or to use Gregor. Gregor!Laurent is a mixed hard support, with both a high-powered Berserker and Sage (mixed leads such as Morgan, Virion!Severa and Chrom!Cynthia are thrilled by this), can run the aforementioned critstacking build, and also happens to be exceptionally good at every other, non-Apo aspect of the game, including Lunatic+ and regular postgame.

Henry merely makes Cynthia an average Dark Flier: she has her choice of procs, a +2 Mag mod, and really nothing more. She lacks a +6 Spd mod to hit 75 (she doesn't even have +5, so she can't make it work by switching to Valkyrie), she lacks a procstack for extra damage output, and more importantly she lacks other options to switch to- she's a one-trick pony. She's still useful to keep in mind because of Sumia's limited supports, but she's not incredible by any means.

Sorcs are bad in Apo, so Brady doesn't care about that (unless Vengeance is really your thing). He already has Luna as well. Brady is another Galeboy so he'll want to run the same LB/GF/Agg/Faire/proc set as the other two, but since he comes with a proc right off the bat you can instead give him a father mainly focused on Spd, such as Virion or Lon'qu. Either one will allow him to achieve maximum performance with a Dark Flier support, but Lon'qu will be important if he's paired with a Valkyrie like Morgan or Nah (though if he's with Morgan, 75 Spd will likely be completely useless on him). If one opts not to go for a 75 Spd Brady, then choose his father based on Mag and give him low priority- he's fine with most anyone not named Vaike or Fred. Alternately, one could use Virion or Lon'qu and then pair him with another Sage for higher damage output at 69 Spd (if this is done, consider using Boots or Deliverer on his wife).

Yarne should never stay as a Taguel, he should always be a Berserker (damage) or Sniper (DS). His Spd also doesn't matter since he's a hard support and will never come up front- since he comes with Axefaire already, all he wants is a +Hit skill. Virion and Stahl are the best at this, offering him Sniper/Hit+20 and good offensive mods- Virion's +2 Skl give him the title of best DS-boosting Hard Support in the game, while Stahl trades 1 Skl for an extra 2 Str. Both give him some nice alternate classes for messing around in non-Apo postgame as well. While Fred and Kellam don't hurt his mods and are acceptable filler, a unit with Yarne's potential should never have to take a filler dad- better to give him someone like Libra or even Ricken for the sake of his Hit.

Sol and AN don't work on Apo, never do that. As a girl who comes with +1/2/2 Str/Skl/Spd mods, GF and a proc at base, Severa has some of the highest potential in the game, and what she really wants to make use of it is some combination of more mods, new Faires and new ending classes. Virion and Lon'qu are at the top, giving her her flagship Wyvern set with LB/GF/LF/All+2/Vengeance, hitting 75 Spd with a Berserker (preferably Henry!Gerome or Gregor!Laurent, though Yarne is solid too, especially for the Lon'qu variant) while still having some of the best offense in the game. Lon'qu!Severa has a good secondary set in Hero- she has her SF, and with All+2 her Spd is high enough to hit 75 with a +0 support like a Sniper or Warrior. This is excellent if you need someone to soak up a Bowfaire Gerome with no penalties, but since her Skl is so high as well (hitting 75 without a pairup) she can go with Sniper Yarne for a very easy 100% DS. On Virion's side, she has Tomefaire for her DF, transitioning nicely into magical as a side set. This is useful with a Laurent pairup as he's mixed too, but since she can't hit 75 Spd with a Sage support, Dread Fighter Stahl!Owain and Grandmaster Robin are appealing alternatives as well.

Outside of those main two, Severa has several other good options. Vaike is notable for extremely good mod synergy, leaving Severa with +5/4/4 Str/Skl/Spd and Axefaire Hero to use them with (consider pairing her with Paladin Inigo for 75 Spd, a ferry and 81% Luna). Ricken also stands out, offering Severa a large amount of all-round potential: with a +3 support, her Sniper and Paladin still reach 75 with All+2 and her Dark Flier and Sage without (Berserker for the former two, Hero/BK for the latter- DK with All+2 and Hero/BK is also useful). Ricken!Severa's versatility also allows her to perform very well on challenge runs.

Stahl!Severa is another option, with similar stats to Ricken but trading Tomefaire for Myrmidon and a bit of Str. It's not that great of a trade, since she already has Lancefaire for Paladin and effectively only gets Hero out of the deal (which Vaike and Lon'qu can both do better). She also has atrocious hair.

That's about as far down as you'd want to take her Spd, using someone like Fred or Kellam, while they may compliment her class set is just a waste of her potential.

Counter is already bad on player units, putting it on a Manakete should be unthinkable since their whole point is to be invincible. Nah tends to get the short end of the stick when fighting with Noire and Kjelle for Galedads, so she needs to make do without. Her general strategy for this is to marry a Galeboy, let him take the first kill and use GF, then switch to her for the final kill. Her general best dads for the job are Henry and Vaike, with Henry granting her Valkyrie as a use for her Tomefaire and +Spd replacement for DF, an optional Axefaire passdown for use with Wyvern, and plenty of auras for utility/critstacking setups (she can even make use of Wrath, should she feel like it). Vaike, on the other hand, passes AF and good Str, allowing her to be a powerful General or Hero- Hero for +Spd/Skl, General for more damage output. Both of them get procs as well in Vengeance and Luna. There are a few other dads that can work too- Gregor gives AF Hero while keeping TF Valk around, so he's kind of a happy medium between the two (and much lower demand).

Cordelia has no problems, she's perfect! Noire's default father is Gaius for +4 Spd and GF, which meshes well with Sniper (+0 support) and BK (+3 support), but since Kjelle can do very well with him too she sometimes has to do without. When this happens, she can opt to go with Donnel to keep GF- her mods will be trash, she'll need to stick as a Sniper with an awkward +3 support and use AT Double Bow to try to stay special- or forsake GF altogether and go the route of Nah (this means benching Donnel). She has several very tempting options here- Vaike lets her be a much better Sniper than Donnel, offering her 69 Spd with only All+2 and a +0 support, better Str, and keeping AT, while Ricken lets her actually use Tharja's Mag and be a +6 Sage.

Inigo is yet another Galeboy, and all he wants is a proc. He's in exactly the same basket as Owain, only without a physical/magical predisposition. He tends to wind up as a Paladin or BK with Stahl, Dread Fighter with Libra or something, but since he'll never be fast and never be slow (even with Fred!) he can really just be used to patch up loose ends wherever.

Fred x Cherche is a myth. It's terrible, worst-in-the-game tier. Gerome is a hard support like Laurent and Yarne, only without the blessing of base Barbarian- without Henry, he has to choose between his lovely Axefaire Berserker and being able to hit stuff. Needless to say, this makes Henry his best dad by a very wide margin. He can take any of the Bowfaire dads (Virion, Stahl, Ricken) and be well off if you're careful and pair him with someone who really doesn't mind the Spd, or you can give him Vaike or Gregor and flail along as he tries and fails to land his blows, maybe hauling around a permanent Hex/Anathema bot for him (or just bench him).

Everybody makes a good Morgan? Well... Yes, Morgan is always good. But not always great. See, Robin has a lot of potential too, and will want to be one of your fielded units, but he's a lot more vulnerable to screwage through bad pairings, so you really want a Morgan that doesn't throw him under the water. He's a hard support, one of the best their is, but he's hopeless at leading so he really needs to support someone who can let him shine at his role. No GF? Dealbreaker. GF but no proc? Could be better. Speedy, destructive and high Mov? They'll love eachother. Additionally, Morgan has her own mods to think about, and in the world of Spd thresholds every +1 can make a difference (though the really key marks are +3, +5 and +7). So the likes of a +Mag Chrom!Cynthia!Morgan or a +Spd Cordelia!Morgan will have far more options they can bring out the potential in that, say, a +Str Donnel!Kjelle!Morgan. Morgan also offers quite a bit of potential for stacking offensive mods, so you can get all her Spd alongside epic Str/Mag/Skl with the right choices. Finally, marrying Robin 1st gen has the unfortunate drawback of giving you a child who will never be able to marry due to there being a different number of 2nd gen girls and boys. Given the importance of S supports, this completely condemns them to the bench, which is a shame if you made some sacrifices earlier to give them a good dad.

Generally the best Morgans come from Galegirls who already have 5+ Spd, especially Severa and Cynthia. Cordelia and Lissa can be good too, but they're 1st gen so there are drawbacks to avoid as well.

Well, to an extent FeMU x Chrom can do everything equal to or better than every other pairing in the game. I don't think that much of a metric to define the pros/cons of other pairings.

Chrom x Robin might as well be playing by different rules to the rest of the cast. I don't see much point in comparing them to other gameplay strategies, they're completely their own thing.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Anything Sumia and Olivia do for Lucina is cancelled out by the female avater because anything those two can do F!Avatar does it better. She litterally gives Lucina all of the gender permitting classes and skills. As well as the exclusive tactician class set and skills. Lucina would only need Sumia or Olivia if the F!Avatar wasn't an option as a mother or you want to marry your F!Avatar to someone other than Chrom.

She would also want Sumia or Olivia if she wants to S-support with Morgan.

Also Chrom!Morgan is pretty bleh.

Henry is one of Nah's best options, and works well on Owain, Inigo, Brady, Yarne, Laurent and Cynthia.

Stahl and Virion will be almost identical on Yarne. You'll never be able to tell the difference unless you're doing calcs to try to snag very tight KOes. You might as well go Stahl because he'll be marginally stronger, but it really doesn't matter.

Henry is good on a lot of fathers, though I guess a lot of children usually get a few perks that can be replicated by lesser in demand fathers (ie. Libra for Vengeance on Owain) Whereas Gerome and Nah use the most out of him. Aesthetic-wise, I like Henry!Brady because he can run War Monk (cause let's face it, sages are lame).

Edited by Radiant head

Chrom x Sumia

Olivia x Frederick

Lissa x Stahl/Henry

Sully x Gaius

Cordelia x Lon'qu

Maribelle x Libra

Miriel x Gregor

Panne x Virion

Nowi x Henry/Donnel

Tharja x Vaike

What's Henry do that's good for Nah though, if I may ask?

Henry!Nah is like the popular Vaike!Nah, but with Vengance instead of Luna, and you get the Dark Mage auras, which is really useful for a non-GF lead. Also if you want to take advantage of Nah's access to Tomefaire, Henry's mods are welcome for switching to magic.

Edited by Radiant head

She would also want Sumia or Olivia if she wants to S-support with Morgan.

Also Chrom!Morgan is pretty bleh.

Well yes if you wanted to S-Support Morgan with Lucina, but I always prefered the pair as siblings really.

Since when was Chrom!Morgan bleh? I have used that combination quite well and Morgan gains from the partnership. That said I tend to make my F!MU for Lucina and Morgan for the simple reason that I can't marry her to anyone else. Call me a fool for not getting a "maximum Morgan" but I just can't break the family unit. I like it too much and I make Morgan work.

Anyway on to another more pressing question:

Who's the best dad for Laurent? I am looking at a number of factors (and no, I am so not using Kellam because I looked up the caps and gagged over them) I am thinking of using Stahl (because Ricken is tied up with Cordelia in my current playthrough :/ ugh I had to shake the pairs up this M!Mu playthrough) of course I would like to know if that would hurt Laurent or if he will benefit from Stahl at all?

Of course Morgan will always be great, but I'm not a huge fan of Chrom's cap mods on Morgan.

You can't screw up Morgan or the Avatar for that matter. Regardless of caps at least Chrom covers the -lck for the F!Mu. I have seen the caps and they're fine. +def and +res from F!Mu and +skl and +spd from Chrom is nice. It basically means that Morgan has a higher shot of double hitting, which is more than I can say for some pairing options to make a Morgan.