• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Severa already has pretty much everything she needs - faires/endclass options/mods are all she really stands to gain from her father.

In general, if you're not optimizing for Apotheosis then it doesn't really matter what you do to be honest. I'm not trying to be rude - it's just that if you have so many non optimized preferences then no one can really help you set up what you want except yourself.

Technically, even "optimizing" for Apotheosis doesn't really matter. Whether or not it's needed (hell, even its existence in general is called into question) doesn't stop people from coming here and asking for help.

Plus, someone might have a pairing in mind, but doesn't know a good math proof for a setup. Take any child and Yoshi can tell you the benefits of running AS+2, certain +Spd pair ups, +Spd classes options for X class spouse, etc. Those things aren't exactly what people asking for help know. And I'm right when I say it probably will never really matter about that single pair ideally (you have so many units in the first place, one can be off-perfect). It's still comforting (at a minimum), to hand out advice that puts those players at ease. Give them a skillset and why it works as opposed to just copy/paste X general skills for Y pairings blindly accepting something as fact. Or telling them go ham and them end up dying in secret wave 2. "Oh, learn to use rescue staff" might sound like something extremely obvious to a player who knows how to use rescue staves--but it's not really the ideal advice.

Yeah, if everyone learned how to play exactly like I did, then nobody would need to ask questions. But we don't live in that ideal world where people take the time to learn for days on days. So the best alternative is helping them when they ask for help.

To be fair, I can make my Gregor!Severa work in Apotheosis, and while its not the greatest pairings (compare to the more obvious being Lon'qu, Vaike, & Stahl), its certainly not the worst and is o_k at best. Of course theres going to be differences in people's discretions, but the point is theres more to team building and optimization that its not really a matter of 'who is the best father for _____?'

Edited by Formerly Colm

Technically, even "optimizing" for Apotheosis doesn't really matter. Whether or not it's needed (hell, even its existence in general is called into question) doesn't stop people from coming here and asking for help.

Well put. For players inexperienced with the map, feeling prepared going in often does more work than actually being prepared, so optimization is almost like a placebo in that sense.

I just find playing around with numbers to be a funner and more useful way of doing that than, say, drilling into people's heads that there's a Sniper that can ORKO anything you send at it on Wave 2. There is, but just knowing that doesn't really make you feel any more prepared.

For Dark Flier you could try maybe DLC Iote's Shield...? I'm just saying.

Meh, Iote's Shield isn't very good.

Ricken!Severa can work nicely as a Sniper, Paladin, Sage, DF or Bride. Also consider BK and DK.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Well put. For players inexperienced with the map, feeling prepared going in often does more work than actually being prepared, so optimization is almost like a placebo in that sense.

I just find playing around with numbers to be a funner and more useful way of doing that than, say, drilling into people's heads that there's a Sniper that can ORKO anything you send at it on Wave 2. There is, but just knowing that doesn't really make you feel any more prepared.

Meh, Iote's Shield isn't very good.

Ricken!Severa can work nicely as a Sniper, Paladin, Sage, DF or Bride. Also consider BK and DK.

That is another option to consider then. I thought that Ricken's mag mods would doom her to just magic D:

So something on reddit got me thinking, in a hypothetical situation where oppurtunity cost isn't added into affect, would Libra be the best alternate for Kjelle if she doesn't have Gauis or Donny as her dad?

Not really asking for help here, just wanted some crafting thoughts on it.

I'm having a bit of a problem:

Who should I pair Panne, Maribelle, Miriel, Tharja, and Nowi with?

Mu, Kellam, Gaius, Donnel, and Lon'qu are already taken.

Hmm? Well then, I'd suggest something like...

Tharja x Vaike

Maribelle x Virion

Panne x Stahl

Miriel x Gregor

Nowi x Henry

... Though that's just me. I think you can also do Tharja x Frederick and Nowi x Vaike and be fine all things considered.

That is another option to consider then. I thought that Ricken's mag mods would doom her to just magic D:

I never said that Ricken!Severa would be terrible as a physical unit, I only recommend Severa as a magic unit so that she can take advantage of Ricken's Mag mod. : T

Her Str/Mag are +1/2. That's pretty solidly mixed- restricting her to Mag only because her Mag mod is higher is like restricting Stahl!Owain to Mag only for the same reason. It's technically true, but not as important as putting their epic class sets to use.

Thank you for reminding me that I never figured out a way to put people on ignore on this site.

Buh?

So something on reddit got me thinking, in a hypothetical situation where oppurtunity cost isn't added into affect, would Libra be the best alternate for Kjelle if she doesn't have Gauis or Donny as her dad?

Not really asking for help here, just wanted some crafting thoughts on it.

In this case, I doubt opportunity cost matters since Libra isn't very in demand. If anything, it would be Robin, since she really wants him but he's both busy and doesn't like Sully. A +Spd from him would grant procstack 75 Spd Wyvern, and a +Mag would grant Valkyrie with decent Mag.

Hmm? Well then, I'd suggest something like...

Tharja x Vaike

Maribelle x Virion

Panne x Stahl

Miriel x Gregor

Nowi x Henry

... Though that's just me. I think you can also do Tharja x Frederick and Nowi x Vaike and be fine all things considered.

Ok, these pairings sound good. Thanks for your help!

Finalized my pairings but don't have a skill set for Virion! Gerome @ Warrior or Henry! Nah @Valkyrie as heavy supports for Donnel! Kjelle @Paladin and Lon'qu! Brady @Sage, respectively.

I am assuming Hit Rate +20, Bowfaire, Aggressor,All Stats +2, and Limit Breaker for Gerome and Magic + 2, Tomefaire, Limit Breaker, All Stats +2, and either Hex, Anathema, or Dual Support+ for Nah?

Brady's theoretical hit rate (assuming no rally heart, but yes to LB): ~258 rounded, which is an ideal hit.

148.5 (Stats) + 95 (Celica's +5/+15/0) + 15 (Non-DuSu+ support)

I'd put DuSu+ off the table, but Nah herself (in the back) will take on

128.5 + 95 = ~223 hit. Hexnathema might contest that free spot + Mag+2 (which gives her 248). And if she's not attacking the high avo enemies in the first place, then Mag+2 certainly beats out hex (and Anathema should be enough to cover her bases). Plus, auras are going to be great for your team overall--just keep in mind that no matter what you choose between Hex/Anathema/DuSu+ that none of them are probably going to help Laurent unless you have Nah lead over Brady (which will certainly tank Brady's hit by 21 after the loss of pair up assuming no DuSu+). That makes Anathema look a little more appealing; keep in mind that this is more of a trade Mag+2 out for an aura and fill the blank with Vengeance.

All in all, you got plenty of options, but I think it's safe to rule out DuSu+. Maybe fiddle with Mag+2. Either way, the auras are also likely to help you low end hit units that may or may not be reaping the benefits of a hexnathema rescue bot from spotpass.