well like i said it's up to the player. not sure stuff like dual support+ or counter are that important even if they're gender exclusive passdowns.

henry!gerome is running lb, agg, hex, anathema, axefaire, so he doesn't need ds+. laurent otoh though might take ds+ but gregor will give him more than enough skills depending on the build you're going for.

yarne even if he didn't have a wyvern dad is running lb, ag, axefaire, hit+20, and idk as+2 is a better use of the last slot than ds+

Edited by Radiant head

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kind of sitting on the fence on my own pairings. My original pairing since the first YouTube playthrough is ChromXSumia (some do not consider it canon but it's a pairing already hinted in the opening) and AvatarXLissa (rest I am unsure of because I was working on the Chrom pairing). But after a long while and losing a portion of that playthrough I wanted to restart with new pairings for all the characters except for Chrom. I have an idea for the following pairings.

ChromXSumia (not changing this couple)
AvatarXTiki? (Any benefits to this? I got advise before that a character with Galeforce is most advisable)
Pairing for Severa (looking for a pairing with high crit stat, will update later)

What do you guys think? Any recommendations for the other characters?

Edited by DolphinSquared

chrom x sumia is pretty much the best way to go (especially if the avatar is male anyway) for several reasons, one of them being that cynthia is the most optimal second kid for chrom because aether >>>> rightful king, and sully/kjelle can't even galeforce.  so you're good to go.  

male avatar fills a few different roles so it just depends on what you're looking. cordelia is the other best 1st gen lead unit along with sumia, so it's popular to pair him here.  severa will be really good, but otoh, severa is really good even without the male avatar, so some people prefer to put him where he's more beneficial.  i like avatar x lissa because the early game naturally lends to lissa being his pair-up partner and boosting his magic damage.  and then you can make an owain with +5 spd, and grandmaster as a final class, which he'll arguably take the most advantage of out of any kid.  nowi, tharja, or sully are all good for passing peg knight.  nowi wants him the most because the other two are decent with gaius/donnel for peg knight, but nah is bad with either of those two.  tiki isn't great, but at the end of the day anything will work. 

as for severa, it depends on who the father is and who the other kids' fathers are.  though something like henry!gerome or virion/stahl!yarne or any!laurent as berserkers would fit here. 

20 hours ago, DolphinSquared said:

I'm kind of sitting on the fence on my own pairings. My original pairing since the first YouTube playthrough is ChromXSumia (some do not consider it canon but it's a pairing already hinted in the opening) and AvatarXLissa (rest I am unsure of because I was working on the Chrom pairing). But after a long while and losing a portion of that playthrough I wanted to restart with new pairings for all the characters except for Chrom. I have an idea for the following pairings.

AvatarXTiki? (Any benefits to this? I got advise before that a character with Galeforce is most advisable)
Pairing for Severa (looking for a pairing with high crit stat, will update later)

If you aren't playing for Apotheosis you should just do whatever you think is cool, have fun and take build suggestions later, but otherwise this is the priority list for pairs:

Spoiler

Avatar: Paired with your favorite character, always the best choice for that spouse. Plan your +/- traits around your spouse and if you're marrying 2nd gen plan around their parents too.

Sully and Tharja: generally these two will take Donnel/Gaius to give their daughters Pegasus Knight so you can have more 2nd gen galeforce. Sully generally gets first pick and takes one of those two (or sometimes Vaike if you don't care about Galeforce). Tharja is free to take someone else if Donnel is left for her, sometimes people don't like his mods and classes and take somebody else instead.

Chrom: It comes down to personal preference and how you want to tailor Lucina. Sully is rarely used because she doesn't give Galeforce, the Maiden is used even less unless you really like her. Maribelle is niche, but if you run magic Lucina then Maribelle is the best. Olivia gives more options to use the Parallel Falcion with including Swordmaster and Assassin. I don't understand why people don't like Sumia but she's probably the best for the +5 speed mod for general purpose Apotheosis team building along with 2 faires.

Sumia and Cordelia: These two provide amazing daughters and generally get the next pick. Sumia takes Chrom or Henry. Cordelia usually takes a physical dad that expands Severa's options while maintaining her speed. Virion and Lon'qu are most recommended for Wyvern Lord Lancefaire to get the most power with Severa's ridiculous speed, but people like Stahl for the 2 faires and Luna even though he's slower and Vaike for Axefaire Hero/General.

Maribelle, Olivia and Lissa: These three provide Galeboys and get the next pick. Maribelle passes a full skillset to Brady so she only cares about bigger mods. Lissa and Olivia both like husbands with Luna or Vengeance, Lissa also prefers magical husbands while Olivia doesn't mind. Lissa usually takes Libra, Henry or Ricken with special guest appearance by Stahl if you want Owain's hands wielding swords, Olivia can take all of the above while optionally adding Chrom, Frederick and Kellam if you remember he exists and are desperate.

Miriel and Panne: All of the above are generally relegated to support. Miriel likes Lon'qu and Gregor for skills and sometimes takes Ricken for the +6 magic mod. Gregor is an amazing for Laurent and really helps him run whatever support set he wants so he gets recommended most here. Panne likes a dad with archer (Virion, Ricken, Stahl with Hit +20) or dark mage (Libra and Henry with Hex and Anathema) to fix the accuracy problems Berserker gives to her son. 

Cherche and Nowi: Gerome and Nah generally are the worst and make due with what's left. Cherche likes to get a -faire for Gerome at least, Berserker with accuracy fixing if possible. That's Henry, Vaike and Gregor for Berserker (while Henry also gives accuracy) and Virion, Stahl, Ricken and Lon'qu for -faires (Lon'qu usually doesn't last to this point, the others provide Bowfaire Warrior to leverage the class's 48 base strength to greater effect, Ricken also allows for an +3/+3 in str/mag so Gerome can run mixed if you like that).

Once again, all the stuff I wrote in the spoiler box is a loose framework for Apotheosis pairings and you are free to do other pairings if you want to. I don't want to force an "optimal pairings" set on you so I'm trying to leave it as open ended as possible. If you're going to force recommendations for your 3 mentioned I'd say Chrom/Sumia, Avatar/Lucina (it sounds like you want Male Robin so I stuck with that), and Virion!Severa/Stahl!Yarne.

On 1/18/2017 at 9:46 PM, DolphinSquared said:

By pairing for Severa do you mean a kid to pair her with or a father for her?

On 1/1/2017 at 1:34 AM, Infinite99 said:

I'd actually prefer a male Avatar haha. Any suggestsions for that?

Oh man, I'm so sorry--I totally missed this post. Here you go!

A +Spd/-Def Avatar can produce some amazingly high modifiers with the right 2nd gen ladies. LQ!Severa!Morgan, for example, gets +8 Skl and a whopping +10 Spd--though honestly that might be a little overkill. Lucina is also a valid choice, especially since that nets you a great proc (Aether) and still fairly strong mods (+2 Str, +5 Skl, +7 Spd). If you'd like a Mag-focused Morgan, it's sort of a tossup between Henry!Cynthia (+2 Mag, +7 Skl, +8 Spd) and Gaius!Noire (+3 Mag, +4 Skl, +8 Spd)--I'm of the opinion that those 3 extra Skl are well worth a loss of one Mag, but raw damage is still a good thing, so it's sort of up to you. Gaius!Noire!Morgan is a great choice for a Dark Flier or other unit that mixes some magic with some physical, as she has a Str bonus that Henry!Cynthia!Morgan lacks. Avoid Kjelle--Donnel's modifiers are pretty bad, and Donnel!Kjelle's big draw is her diverse class pool...which Morgan won't get any benefit from.

With a +Skl/-Def Avatar, the natural inclination toward Str from the asset already makes a physical unit more appealing. Olivia!Lucina!Morgan gets pretty high scores overall, and with +4 Str/+7 Skl, you're looking at a Morgan that can bring the pain (especially with Aether), though she'll want a husband with a Spd-boosting class to compensate for the relatively low +3 Spd (Bow Knight or Assassin are especially nice, adding Skl as well as Spd, but Berserker is still good). LQ!Severa!Morgan, again, has sky-high modifiers and almost no downsides: +4 Str, +10 Skl, +6 Spd, with the only, tiny, problem being -1 Lck. So if you want a brutal phys-focused Morgan, Severa is probably your best choice, with Lucina being the runner-up (as with the previous paragraph). You probably shouldn't use +Skl if you want a strong Mag-focused Morgan, but Cynthia would be a good choice if you did--again, making a good Dark Flier.

+Str and +Mag obviously lean you in those directions respectively. With +Str, Severa!Morgan becomes an absolute powerhouse, with +6 Str, +8 Skl, +6 Spd, absolutely ideal for any physical class. +Mag plays best *overall* with Cynthia (+6 Mag, +5 Skl, +6 Spd), but Noire gives just one more point of Mag (for some losses elsewhere, and "wasted" +Str). If you want to go Sage or Valkyrie (or Sorcerer outside of Apo), Cynthia's probably your best choice, while Dark Flier is arguably better with Noire.

Hope that helps. Also, definitely listen to anyone else if they have comments or criticism on this. A lot of my stuff here is back-of-the-envelope calculations that may not take into account the vagaries of actual play.

On 1/20/2017 at 4:03 PM, Ebony said:

By pairing for Severa do you mean a kid to pair her with or a father for her?

Like a pairing in the first generation that will give her the optimal high crit status that she can give. I apologize if it's vague, I just like Severa that much as a unit since seeing her in Abdallah's videos. Kind of wish her stats can be carried over because

Spoiler

I know she's a character that reappears in Fire Emblem Fates.

On 1/20/2017 at 11:36 AM, Bane said:

If you aren't playing for Apotheosis you should just do whatever you think is cool, have fun and take build suggestions later, but otherwise this is the priority list for pairs:

Reveal hidden contents

Avatar: Paired with your favorite character, always the best choice for that spouse. Plan your +/- traits around your spouse and if you're marrying 2nd gen plan around their parents too.

Sully and Tharja: generally these two will take Donnel/Gaius to give their daughters Pegasus Knight so you can have more 2nd gen galeforce. Sully generally gets first pick and takes one of those two (or sometimes Vaike if you don't care about Galeforce). Tharja is free to take someone else if Donnel is left for her, sometimes people don't like his mods and classes and take somebody else instead.

Chrom: It comes down to personal preference and how you want to tailor Lucina. Sully is rarely used because she doesn't give Galeforce, the Maiden is used even less unless you really like her. Maribelle is niche, but if you run magic Lucina then Maribelle is the best. Olivia gives more options to use the Parallel Falcion with including Swordmaster and Assassin. I don't understand why people don't like Sumia but she's probably the best for the +5 speed mod for general purpose Apotheosis team building along with 2 faires.

Sumia and Cordelia: These two provide amazing daughters and generally get the next pick. Sumia takes Chrom or Henry. Cordelia usually takes a physical dad that expands Severa's options while maintaining her speed. Virion and Lon'qu are most recommended for Wyvern Lord Lancefaire to get the most power with Severa's ridiculous speed, but people like Stahl for the 2 faires and Luna even though he's slower and Vaike for Axefaire Hero/General.

Maribelle, Olivia and Lissa: These three provide Galeboys and get the next pick. Maribelle passes a full skillset to Brady so she only cares about bigger mods. Lissa and Olivia both like husbands with Luna or Vengeance, Lissa also prefers magical husbands while Olivia doesn't mind. Lissa usually takes Libra, Henry or Ricken with special guest appearance by Stahl if you want Owain's hands wielding swords, Olivia can take all of the above while optionally adding Chrom, Frederick and Kellam if you remember he exists and are desperate.

Miriel and Panne: All of the above are generally relegated to support. Miriel likes Lon'qu and Gregor for skills and sometimes takes Ricken for the +6 magic mod. Gregor is an amazing for Laurent and really helps him run whatever support set he wants so he gets recommended most here. Panne likes a dad with archer (Virion, Ricken, Stahl with Hit +20) or dark mage (Libra and Henry with Hex and Anathema) to fix the accuracy problems Berserker gives to her son. 

Cherche and Nowi: Gerome and Nah generally are the worst and make due with what's left. Cherche likes to get a -faire for Gerome at least, Berserker with accuracy fixing if possible. That's Henry, Vaike and Gregor for Berserker (while Henry also gives accuracy) and Virion, Stahl, Ricken and Lon'qu for -faires (Lon'qu usually doesn't last to this point, the others provide Bowfaire Warrior to leverage the class's 48 base strength to greater effect, Ricken also allows for an +3/+3 in str/mag so Gerome can run mixed if you like that).

Once again, all the stuff I wrote in the spoiler box is a loose framework for Apotheosis pairings and you are free to do other pairings if you want to. I don't want to force an "optimal pairings" set on you so I'm trying to leave it as open ended as possible. If you're going to force recommendations for your 3 mentioned I'd say Chrom/Sumia, Avatar/Lucina (it sounds like you want Male Robin so I stuck with that), and Virion!Severa/Stahl!Yarne.

I eventually want to get to that DLC pretty soon, so I want to find the optimal pairings for at least some of the characters. I might be a little greedy when I thought up of a 100% Classic run instead of just standard run.

As far as experience goes, I tend to like Lon'qu, Virion, or Vaike as her parents. Vaike is honestly more or less just because I like blonde Severa, but Lon'qu makes her a speed and crit demon and Virion in general can make her a speedy wyvern rider if you're into that. Also Miku jokes.

10 hours ago, Radiant head said:

lonk does that too

Yeah, the two are almost interchangeable. Virion!Severa can do Sniper shenanigans, though, which may be enough to make up for the slightly-worse mods.

DolphinSquared, I'd generally say that Lon'qu!Severa is your best choice. Technically, if you want to go all-out crit, a Vengeance/Vantage/Wrath combo (presumably inheriting Wrath from Vaike) might be worth looking into...but that seems like spending a dollar to make a dime. Honestly, LQ!Severa has all the tools she needs to be an amazing, flexible unit already; whether you do VV or Astra, she'll rip things apart.

On 1/22/2017 at 11:51 PM, DolphinSquared said:

Like a pairing in the first generation that will give her the optimal high crit status that she can give. I apologize if it's vague, I just like Severa that much as a unit since seeing her in Abdallah's videos. Kind of wish her stats can be carried over because

Reveal hidden contents

I know she's a character that reappears in Fire Emblem Fates.

I eventually want to get to that DLC pretty soon, so I want to find the optimal pairings for at least some of the characters. I might be a little greedy when I thought up of a 100% Classic run instead of just standard run.

You have a lot of flexibility when it comes to Apotheosis, I have a few recommendations though:

Spoiler

Actions per turn: If you can eliminate 5 enemy units in a turn you will be fine. Enemy formations come in groups of 5 and if you can sweep an entire formation away it opens your options.

Rescue Staff: You should have as many staff users as combat pairs so you can pull all combat units out of danger zones with rescue. If Sages are among your combat units they can also use rescue if you need it.

Brave Weapons: Standard, every unit should be loaded with enough uses to not run out.

Snipers: 2~3 range with Longbows and the Double Bow open up your options against Counter Snipers and Nosferatu Sorcerors.

Rally: With the DLC it is easy to hit +10 in your important stats, this helps with the next point.

Speed: Speed tiers are... 75/69/66 if I remember right. 75 double everything, 69 doubles all mooks, 66 prevents double from everything.

Aggressor: +10 damage on all male units, applied twice with brave weapons. It's really good on support units behind Galeforce girls.

With that in mind I'll lay out a couple general pointers and you can fill units in as you like.

Spoiler

Robin: Male Robins are the best support units based on their varied class pool, Grandmaster is the best male class to boost speed and magic (There's Dread Fighter, but it isn't as good at magic and grandmaster gives skill and str too) so that's a niche only he can do. Female Robins are good skirmishers but other children with focused builds will do better, she's really good at taking out mooks though.

Morgan: Opposite gender to Robin. Male Morgan is a lock to have -faire/Galeforce/Aggressor/proc/Limit Breaker and will bring his pair up to 3 actions per turn. Female Morgan is Female Robin with higher stats, so she's an amazing unit.

Chrom: Is an amazing support bot with Dual Strike+ to guarantee 100% dual strikes with also getting Sniper if you want to run Luna/Aether with Longbow. 

Sumia: Tomefaire Dark Flier is really good. With a +3 speed support class she can run 75 speed Dark Flier with a faire and Luna. She is well suited to Apotheosis and pairs well with Chrom.

Cordelia: Similar to Sumia, but runs Vengeance and Lancefaire and not as good because she relies on 1-range brave combat. Honorable mention for second best 1st gen combat unit.

Lucina: Is Chrom but with more classes, stats, and an aggressor husband. In short, she does more damage and is more flexible. If Maribelle, Sumia, or Olivia give her Galeforce she is probably your best unit. Sumia gives her 75 speed Sniper, Dark Flier and Sage without significant investment from her husbands.

Cynthia: If she has Chrom as a father she is a copy of Lucina without Dual Strike+, meaning she doesn't guarantee dual strikes. Otherwise her base kit from Sumia is still good enough to be considered for a team.

Severa: Her high base speed, Lancefaire, and Vengeance combine well with Virion and Lon'qu's modifiers and Wyvern Lord to make 75 speed Wyverns that annihilate enemy mooks and stands up to the harder bosses. Virion!Severa can also run a Vengeance Sniper. Stahl is sometimes recommended, but he stops Severa from hitting 75 speed in her most powerful classes while Virion and Lon'qu let her have Speed and power at the same time.

Kjelle: If she gets Galeforce she's an auto-include to fight mooks. Gaius gives 75 speed in multiple 8 movement classes, which helps a lot.

Between Sumia/Chrom, Kjelle, Cynthia, Lucina and F!Morgan or F!Robin's pair you'll have 5 solid Combat pairs with 10 actions per turn. Slap some rally bots in there with 5 staff users+Olivia and you have a team with another combat pair or more staff users. Onto the others:

Noire: Like Kjelle she needs galeforce from a mom, but her stats aren't as good as Kjelle's. She has innate Sniper though. If she doesn't get Gaius feel free to bench her, she's easily the 6th choice for lead though.

Nah: Doesn't make use of Gaius of Donnel enough to be a lead, is an okay support unit where the biggest flaw is no aggressor. You don't need to deploy her.

Brady: Gets all the skills he needs from his mom so he needs stats. He pairs with a magic inclined Galeforce girl to generate 3 actions pers turn with 1 pair.

Owain: He likes a proc to skirmish better in a double Galepair, but he's a good magic unit.

Inigo: Can be a magic or physical galeboy as long as he gets a proc (which most dads give him). Inigo can be easily tailored to his wife to form a double galepair that supports whatever you want.

Laurent: The best hard support child, innate Berserker with Dark Mage's accuracy boost lets him run physical sets while still having a high magic cap with Sage. 

Yarne: Natural Berserker means he wants an accuracy boost to be an amazing physical support. Archer or Dark Mage help with that, so he likes one of those classes from his father.

Gerome: Is the hardest to fix, he needs Berserker and an accuracy boost to be a good physical support to most wives, his magic isn't as great for supporting.

It's probably easy to tell how I like to play this game based on those recommendations, but you have a lot of freedom that hopefully you understand a little better. With that rough sketch of good lead units and the rest of the children feel free to mix and match to make things work. If you're ever in doubt, Sniper/Sage is an amazing combo to run.

3 hours ago, MeddlingMage said:

Thoughts?

Chrom x Robin

Frederick x Cherche

Stahl x Panne

Lon'qu x Cordelia

Ricken x Maribelle

Libra x Miriel

Gregor x Lissa

Vaike x Nowi

Donnel x Sully

Virion x Olivia

Gaius x Tharja

Henry x Sumia

To get the basics out of the way: Several, Noire, Nah, and Kjelle all have the standard-recommendation fathers for reasons you already know. Henry!Cynthia is your best choice if Chrom's not marrying Sumia, so that's fine too. And whether or not it's good, Fred!Gerome is clearly your bench. As for the rest...

You'll want a Robin with +Spd, +Skl, or +Str because Chrom's mods, mediocre as they are, favor physical stuff.

Stahl!Yarne gets the accuracy boost he wants, but you may be wasting Stahl's potential for passing down juicy classes, but it's not the end of the world if you can't find a better place for Stahl.

Ricken!Brady will excel as any kind of mage, and although it would somewhat neglect his strong Mag mod, he picks up Sniper which can make him more versatile in terms of who he supports.

Libra!Laurent gets basically nothing (just Priest/War Monk, which is worthless), so if you'd like to make the most of him, it might be worth swapping. Ricken is worth considering.

Gregor!Owain is pretty scattered for mods (as most physical Owains are), but he also gets almost nothing class-wise. A swap might be worthwhile, e.g. Stahl, though that does throw Yarne slightly under the bus (as he wouldn't have access to Hit+20 anymore).

Virion!Inigo is a capable, diverse unit, but possibly not the best you can do. Good Skl and Spd, though. You could also do Fred or Stahl and come out slightly better, though you do lose Archer if you go Fred.

13 hours ago, MeddlingMage said:

Thoughts?

Chrom x Robin

Frederick x Cherche

Stahl x Panne

Lon'qu x Cordelia

Ricken x Maribelle

Libra x Miriel

Gregor x Lissa

Vaike x Nowi

Donnel x Sully

Virion x Olivia

Gaius x Tharja

Henry x Sumia

First off, I haven't been there in a while, so I may have missed interesting discussions.

So, let's see what we've got there... As always, this is primarily Apo-centered advice.

Yarne, Kjelle, Severa, Noire, Nah - all good.

I guess you're benching Gerome, hmmm ? Perfectly viable. But you may want not to use Fred here. Kellam, perhaps ?

Cynthia is as good as she can be.

Lucina & Morgan may be a little weaker than with other pairings, but you should be able to use them well. Choose your asset and flaw well-something moire Str-oriented (Str and Skl) would be ideal, but Mag's always an option. -Def is the go-to flaw for Apotheosis

Libra!Laurent is... kind of odd. I've used a few times-the point of this pair is to get a usable (if imperfect) Laurent with little opportunity cost, since Laurent has everything he needs for hard supporting both as Sage or Zerker. The number one problem with this pair is the lack of versatility from Laurent. You may want to play around with Owain's and Brady's dads to give him Gregor for non-Apo Nosfertanking. If you don't care, however, feel free to change nothing.

Owain wants a proc, which Gregor doesn't give. So, what to do ? If you want physical Owain, try Stahl (put Virion on Yarne, Fred on Inigo). Magical ? Use Ricken, and swap around dads to give Brady someone like Libra.

Inigo is just like Owain-he wants a proc, and Virion don't give any. Best options are a swap with Yarne, or to use Fred on him. You could try Libra or Ricken for a magical set.

Ricken!Brady isn't bad per se. But you may have to change his dad depending on your other pairing choices-as long as he doesn't lower his Spd nor his Mag. Libra is your best shot here.

Edited by HadesRayne

29 minutes ago, HadesRayne said:

First off, I haven't been there in a while, so I may have missed interesting discussions.

So, let's see what we've got there... As always, this is primarily Apo-centered advice.

Yarne, Kjelle, Severa, Noire, Nah - all good.

I guess you're benching Gerome, hmmm ? Perfectly viable. But you may want not to use Fred here. Kellam, perhaps ?

Cynthia is as good as she can be.

Lucina & Morgan may be a little weaker than with other pairings, but you should be able to use them well. Choose your asset and flaw well-something moire Str-oriented (Str and Skl) would be ideal, but Mag's always an option. -Def is the go-to flaw for Apotheosis

Libra!Laurent is... kind of odd. I've used a few times-the point of this pair is to get a usable (if imperfect) Laurent with little opportunity cost, since Laurent has everything he needs for hard supporting both as Sage or Zerker. The number one problem with this pair is the lack of versatility from Laurent. You may want to play around with Owain's and Brady's dads to give him Gregor for non-Apo Nosfertanking. If you don't care, however, feel free to change nothing.

Owain wants a proc, which Gregor doesn't give. So, what to do ? If you want physical Owain, try Stahl (put Virion on Yarne, Fred on Inigo). Magical ? Use Ricken, and swap around dads to give Brady someone like Libra.

Inigo is just like Owain-he wants a proc, and Virion don't give any. Best options are a swap with Yarne, or to use Fred on him. You could try Libra or Ricken for a magical set.

Ricken!Brady isn't bad per se. But you may have to change his dad depending on your other pairing choices-as long as he doesn't lower his Spd nor his Mag. Libra is your best shot here.

9 hours ago, amiabletemplar said:

To get the basics out of the way: Several, Noire, Nah, and Kjelle all have the standard-recommendation fathers for reasons you already know. Henry!Cynthia is your best choice if Chrom's not marrying Sumia, so that's fine too. And whether or not it's good, Fred!Gerome is clearly your bench. As for the rest...

You'll want a Robin with +Spd, +Skl, or +Str because Chrom's mods, mediocre as they are, favor physical stuff.

Stahl!Yarne gets the accuracy boost he wants, but you may be wasting Stahl's potential for passing down juicy classes, but it's not the end of the world if you can't find a better place for Stahl.

Ricken!Brady will excel as any kind of mage, and although it would somewhat neglect his strong Mag mod, he picks up Sniper which can make him more versatile in terms of who he supports.

Libra!Laurent gets basically nothing (just Priest/War Monk, which is worthless), so if you'd like to make the most of him, it might be worth swapping. Ricken is worth considering.

Gregor!Owain is pretty scattered for mods (as most physical Owains are), but he also gets almost nothing class-wise. A swap might be worthwhile, e.g. Stahl, though that does throw Yarne slightly under the bus (as he wouldn't have access to Hit+20 anymore).

Virion!Inigo is a capable, diverse unit, but possibly not the best you can do. Good Skl and Spd, though. You could also do Fred or Stahl and come out slightly better, though you do lose Archer if you go Fred.

How's this guys:

Chrom x Robin (+Speed/-Def)

Ricken x Lissa

Libra x Maribelle

Stahl x Olivia

Frederick x Cherche

Gregor x Miriel

Vaike x Nowi

Donnel x Sully

Virion x Panne

Henry x Sumia

Lon'qu x Cordelia

Gaius x Tharja.

5 hours ago, MeddlingMage said:

How's this guys:

Chrom x Robin (+Speed/-Def)

Ricken x Lissa

Libra x Maribelle

Stahl x Olivia

Frederick x Cherche

Gregor x Miriel

Vaike x Nowi

Donnel x Sully

Virion x Panne

Henry x Sumia

Lon'qu x Cordelia

Gaius x Tharja.

I like the swaps, what do your child pairs look like aside from bench!Gerome? 

4 minutes ago, MeddlingMage said:

Morgan x Nah

Inigo x Lucina

Owain x Severa

Laurent x Cynthia

Brady x Noire

Yarne x Kjelle

These pairs are really good.

You're planning on running Wyvern!Severa right? If so, I consider swapping Stahl and Ricken so Owain can run a +Spd physical class that gives Severa 75 speed as a Wyvern Lord while allowing him to take advantage of Wyvern's +4 Strength bonus when he's up front. Inigo also has access to 4 -faires with Ricken as a father (Swordfaire and Axefaire innately, Tomefaire and Bowfaire from Ricken, I'm assuming we're passing Galeforce instead of Lancefaire) and he gets more support options with Sniper, Sage, and Paladin to tailor himself to whatever Lucina needs.

If you were going to run Dread Fighter Owain for magic (his +5 magic looks really good against his -2 strength mod) while boosting speed I think Severa ends up at 74 speed (38(base)+6(mods)+10(Limit Break)+10(rally)+6(pair-up)+2(All stats+2)+2(tonic)=74) unless you trade Vengeance for speed+2. It might be a good time to let Owain's sword hand howl in Paladin which gives 1 more speed to Severa so she hits that sweet 75 while also boosting Severa's strength and skill and Owain has 8 move himself. He's a little slow (he hits 66 on the dot, 40(base)+1(mods)+10(Limit Break)+10(rally)+3(pair-up)+2(tonic)=66) but that means he won't double the Berserkers, Anna or the Nightmare Sniper who Severa is better at fighting anyway.

Your pairs are fine as they are for Apotheosis, you have Morgan and Lucina to kill bosses with their high speed but if you want 1 more unit at 75 speed with 8 movement I think you'd get a little more out of Stahl!Owain and Ricken!Inigo.

29 minutes ago, Bane said:

These pairs are really good.

You're planning on running Wyvern!Severa right? If so, I consider swapping Stahl and Ricken so Owain can run a +Spd physical class that gives Severa 75 speed as a Wyvern Lord while allowing him to take advantage of Wyvern's +4 Strength bonus when he's up front. Inigo also has access to 4 -faires with Ricken as a father (Swordfaire and Axefaire innately, Tomefaire and Bowfaire from Ricken, I'm assuming we're passing Galeforce instead of Lancefaire) and he gets more support options with Sniper, Sage, and Paladin to tailor himself to whatever Lucina needs.

If you were going to run Dread Fighter Owain for magic (his +5 magic looks really good against his -2 strength mod) while boosting speed I think Severa ends up at 74 speed (38(base)+6(mods)+10(Limit Break)+10(rally)+6(pair-up)+2(All stats+2)+2(tonic)=74) unless you trade Vengeance for speed+2. It might be a good time to let Owain's sword hand howl in Paladin which gives 1 more speed to Severa so she hits that sweet 75 while also boosting Severa's strength and skill and Owain has 8 move himself. He's a little slow (he hits 66 on the dot, 40(base)+1(mods)+10(Limit Break)+10(rally)+3(pair-up)+2(tonic)=66) but that means he won't double the Berserkers, Anna or the Nightmare Sniper who Severa is better at fighting anyway.

Your pairs are fine as they are for Apotheosis, you have Morgan and Lucina to kill bosses with their high speed but if you want 1 more unit at 75 speed with 8 movement I think you'd get a little more out of Stahl!Owain and Ricken!Inigo.

I wasn't planning on doing a grind run.  I did one of them already.  I'm going for no grind run this time around.   So Owain won't be getting Galeforce at all because I won't be grinding Lissa to Dark Flier to get it.  Severa definitely will have it through.  Robin and Donnel will be getting the 2 early Second Seal, but Morgan will be getting Sol from Mom to go with Rightful King from Chrom.  Its going to hard to give Lucina Galeforce without grinding.

14 minutes ago, MeddlingMage said:

I wasn't planning on doing a grind run.  I did one of them already.  I'm going for no grind run this time around.   So Owain won't be getting Galeforce at all because I won't be grinding Lissa to Dark Flier to get it.  Severa definitely will have it through.  Robin and Donnel will be getting the 2 early Second Seal, but Morgan will be getting Sol from Mom to go with Rightful King from Chrom.  Its going to hard to give Lucina Galeforce without grinding.

I haven't done a no-grind playthrough in a long time, but I've seen a couple Lunatic playthroughs in no-grind settings pass Galeforce to Lucina with heavy focus on her mother, but all those threads are old and I don't remember any specifics. I've also given Apotheosis advice when I don't know if you're even going there so I'm sorry about focusing on something you might not even be doing.

I'm new to the series and didn't really know much about marriage and children when I started playing. Once I got to chapter 11 I did a lot more reading up on the subject so I could make the right decision for Chrom. From what I've read so far it seems like Chrom X Olivia is the best. However I might have screwed myself by reaching Sumia support ranking A with Chrom... getting Chrom to marry Olivia after Chapter 11 is going to be tough. Would it be better to marry off Sumia to Frederick before Chapter 11 so Chrom can marry Olivia? or should I just let Chrom and Sumia marry? I wanted to marry Sumia to Henry but he only comes in Chapter 13.

So should I just do Chrom X Sumia and save Henry for someone else or do Sumia X Frederick and Chrom X Olivia?

Edited by Gnorme

1 hour ago, Gnorme said:

I'm new to the series and didn't really know much about marriage and children when I started playing. Once I got to chapter 11 I did a lot more reading up on the subject so I could make the right decision for Chrom. From what I've read so far it seems like Chrom X Olivia is the best. However I might have screwed myself by reaching Sumia support ranking A with Chrom... getting Chrom to marry Olivia after Chapter 11 is going to be tough. Would it be better to marry off Sumia to Frederick before Chapter 11 so Chrom can marry Olivia? or should I just let Chrom and Sumia marry? I wanted to marry Sumia to Henry but he only comes in Chapter 13.

So should I just do Chrom X Sumia and save Henry for someone else or do Sumia X Frederick and Chrom X Olivia?

Honestly, Chrom/Sumia is much better than Chrom/Olivia. Both for the children, and in general.

5 hours ago, Gnorme said:

just go with whatever you prefer honestly.   would say just do chrom x sumia if the only reason for doing chrom x olivia is because you thought it was the best, which it isn't really.

if not, then cynthia is pretty unscrewable.  people seem to prefer henry to fred, but both are good and the latter does keep a high in demand father like henry available for others.  henry!cynthia is probably a dark flier, while fred!cynthia is a fast wyvern lord or bulky falcon knight. 

Edited by Radiant head

On 1/28/2017 at 11:45 AM, Gnorme said:

If you're going for optimal, Chrom x Sumia wins pretty badly in just about any sense. But I wouldn't recommend caring about optimization too much on a first playthrough; you don't need it to win and the game has a ton of replay value so you'll want to save stuff for later. Just do what's fun, because that's what it's about.

I have to say, it's nice to see so many people still providing fast, accurate Awakening advice so long after I stopped caring. Even if, by the looks of things, nothing's changed in the meta since I left. Good job, y'all. Keep up the good work, and have a nice day~

If for whatever reason anyone wants to find me (or even remembers who I am :rolleyes:), Kuroi's Lunatic+ stream is my current stomping ground. Much more intense than Apo, that.