I don't get it, is there some sort of appeal to these no DLC/No Braves things I keep seeing you bring up? I don't see the appeal in purposely limiting yourself in a game that can and will cripple you in any way possible.

Actually, the reason I prefer no dlc min maxing is because not everyone will have dlc. Players like Vascela don't have LB or AS +2 or Dread for Aggressor. It brings out the most of the characters in a way that anyone with a copy of the game can use.

Alastor likes no braves because no holds barred (all dlc + braves + rallies) makes Apotheosis trivial.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the reason I prefer no dlc min maxing is because not everyone will have dlc. Players like Vascela don't have LB or AS +2 or Dread for Aggressor. It brings out the most of the characters in a way that anyone with a copy of the game can use.

Alastor likes no braves because no holds barred (all dlc + braves + rallies) makes Apotheosis trivial.

This. I want to know advice on No DLC/No Braves because I know that any pair that handles it on that difficulty can certainly handle it on less. Maybe not optimal for LB + Braves, but still more than capable.

Hey, so I'm doing a Lunatic Run with Chrom X Robin. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for the other marriages for post-game when I tackle Apotheosis and the like.I already did Male Robin X Lucina, but decided I would rather have a super powerful Lucina over a godly Morgan.

Chrom X Robin

Henry X Sumia

Lissa X Libra

As stated before, the appeal of a no-DLC run is that it can be replicated by any player with no need to purchase any other DLC besides Apotheosis itself.

As such, if someone is asking for help on Apotheosis, we don't need to tell them "go out and buy this additional DLC" because its doable even without such things.

Hey there. So I have been out of the game for about two years now, but in order to hype me up for the new Fire Emblem game coming out next year, I thought I should give Lunatic Plus a try (beat lunatic cla previously, but never gave lunatic plus a second look). From what I can remember, as well as what I've read in the past couple days, I have tried creating my own pairings. If I could get your guys' input/thoughts, it would be greatly appreciated because I am all for critique : ).

The first class in the parenthesis is the class that I'm leading towards picking at the moment. If there are other options that may be more viable, please let me know.

Oh also, DLC, braves and the like are okay with me. I just want to kill some time haha.

Chrom!Cynthia (Dark Flier/Sniper)

Sumia!Lucina (Sniper/Dark Flier)

Ricken!Owain (Sage/Dread Fighter)

Henry!Gerome (Berserker)

Vaike!Severa (General/?)

Stahl!Inigo (Paladin/?)

Gaius!Noire (Dark Knight/Sniper)

Virion!Yarne (Berserker)

Donnel!Kjelle (Paladin)

Gregor!Laurent (Sage/Berserker)

Lon'qu!Brady (Sage/Berserker)

MU!Nah (?)

Nowi!Morgan (?)

Nah and Morgan's classes are still up in the air. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

For MU, would it help if I went +Speed/-Defense or - something else, due to Nah's speed?

As for the supporting aspect...I am still in the developing stages. Based on what I already have laid out, are there some pairings that would more optimal than others?

I.e. Inigo paired with Severa to offset General speed?

Thanks!

Edit: I forgot Brady

Edited by LabMember004

So just an update. I went with +speed/-luck MaMU. The early levels were a pain with so little defense (kept resetting for the def stat gain), but I made it through to chapter 4 : ).

Anyone have any thoughts/input on my previous post about my current plan? I feel like I am talking to myself lol.

I guess Duck's busy or something... I really liked reading his pairing guides...

I'm trying to use these first couple weeks of school to adjust to being in school again

Plus I'm finishing up summer work, so after these first couple weeks I should be able to continue

Glad to hear you liked them though c:

Edited by Duck

I'm trying to use these first couple weeks of school to adjust to being in school again

Plus I'm finishing up summer work, so after these first couple weeks I should be able to continue

Glad to hear you liked them though c:

They're helpful (especially Inigo's, that child is a bit of a gray area for me), and entertaining at the same time.

So just an update. I went with +speed/-luck MaMU. The early levels were a pain with so little defense (kept resetting for the def stat gain), but I made it through to chapter 4 : ).

Anyone have any thoughts/input on my previous post about my current plan? I feel like I am talking to myself lol.

What you have down in terms of First Gen pairings sounds almost exactly like what I've seen people recommend, though I'm not exactly an expert in what classes to leave everyone in (I think Trickster has uses lol)

Thanks for the replies : )

Any thoughts on how they should be paired up for A/S rank support? As well as Nah and Morgan's classes? Is there anything that works particularly well in post game? I've never really played any of the post game so I'm completely new there.

Edited by LabMember004

Hey there. So I have been out of the game for about two years now, but in order to hype me up for the new Fire Emblem game coming out next year, I thought I should give Lunatic Plus a try (beat lunatic cla previously, but never gave lunatic plus a second look). From what I can remember, as well as what I've read in the past couple days, I have tried creating my own pairings. If I could get your guys' input/thoughts, it would be greatly appreciated because I am all for critique : ).

The first class in the parenthesis is the class that I'm leading towards picking at the moment. If there are other options that may be more viable, please let me know.

Oh also, DLC, braves and the like are okay with me. I just want to kill some time haha.

Chrom!Cynthia (Dark Flier/Sniper)

Sumia!Lucina (Sniper/Dark Flier)

Ricken!Owain (Sage/Dread Fighter)

Henry!Gerome (Berserker)

Vaike!Severa (General/?)

Stahl!Inigo (Paladin/?)

Gaius!Noire (Dark Knight/Sniper)

Virion!Yarne (Berserker)

Donnel!Kjelle (Paladin)

Gregor!Laurent (Sage/Berserker)

Lon'qu!Brady (Sage/Berserker)

MU!Nah (?)

Nowi!Morgan (?)

Nah and Morgan's classes are still up in the air. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

For MU, would it help if I went +Speed/-Defense or - something else, due to Nah's speed?

As for the supporting aspect...I am still in the developing stages. Based on what I already have laid out, are there some pairings that would more optimal than others?

I.e. Inigo paired with Severa to offset General speed?

Thanks!

Edit: I forgot Brady

I would do Sniper!Lucy/Kjelle x Gerome/Yarne (take you favorite supports). One of Morgan/Nah will have to go with their dad (marrying 1st cause an imbalance), the other with a S-rank. I would go with Nah x MaMU (Some of Nah's romantic supports are... distasteful. Looking at you, Inigo x Nah) and Morgan x 2nd gen male. Ingio x Sev is good, give her All Stats +2. Laurent, Brady and Owain should be Sages, put one with Dark Knight!Noire (preferably Laurent, but if you dislike the support, feel free to use someone else), and the other goes with Cynthia and Morgan as Dark Fliers. As for Nah's and MaMU's classes... I would put her into Hero or Paladin. MU should be either Grandmaster (less power, but better pair-up boosts and stronger Ignis) or Berserker (more support damage, but you'll lose Ignis power and some skill)

Note that's only my advice, hope this helps anyway.

I would do Sniper!Lucy/Kjelle x Gerome/Yarne (take you favorite supports). One of Morgan/Nah will have to go with their dad (marrying 1st cause an imbalance), the other with a S-rank. I would go with Nah x MaMU (Some of Nah's romantic supports are... distasteful. Looking at you, Inigo x Nah) and Morgan x 2nd gen male. Ingio x Sev is good, give her All Stats +2. Laurent, Brady and Owain should be Sages, put one with Dark Knight!Noire (preferably Laurent, but if you dislike the support, feel free to use someone else), and the other goes with Cynthia and Morgan as Dark Fliers. As for Nah's and MaMU's classes... I would put her into Hero or Paladin. MU should be either Grandmaster (less power, but better pair-up boosts and stronger Ignis) or Berserker (more support damage, but you'll lose Ignis power and some skill)

Note that's only my advice, hope this helps anyway.

Thanks for the advice, it helped clarify some things for me. : )

Then who should I put with Nowi? I don't want to waste Ricken's magic mods so maybe Miriel x Ricken, Donnel x Tharja, and Kellam x Nowi? Not sure how I feel about Kellam but meh. Any other options?

You could put Vaike with Nowi, Henry with Cherche, and Ricken with Lissa

Henry >>> Vaike for Gerome because anathema, and Vaike is good for Nah despite losing GF, and Ricken!Owain is arguably the best Owain unless you absolutely love vengeance

Ooh thanks!

Final list is:

Chrom x Sumia

Gaius x Sully

Donnel x Tharja (Keep as archer class or go magic?)

Panne x Lon'qu

Miriel x Libra (The blonde laurent tho)

Maribelle x Virion

Stahl x Olivia

Vaike x Nowi

Robin x Cordelia

Henry x Cherche

Any other changes?

I have Freddy, Kellam, and Greg on the bench

Edited by CastleUnderground

Ooh thanks!

Final list is:

Chrom x Sumia

Gaius x Sully

Donnel x Tharja (Keep as archer class or go magic?)

Panne x Lon'qu

Miriel x Libra (The blonde laurent tho)

Maribelle x Virion

Stahl x Olivia

Vaike x Nowi

Robin x Cordelia

Henry x Cherche

Any other changes?

I have Freddy, Kellam, and Greg on the bench

You forgot to list Ricken x Lissa but other than that it looks good

I would switch Virion and Lon'qu because Yarne really wants Hit+20 from Virion and Brady is awesome either way

Edited by Duck

So, I didn't go for all the optimized pairs but if I could just have advice on what skills to pass down to kids that'd be nice. No telling me better alternative pairs, please! I know what the 'best' pairs are already. Thought I'd go with what I liked this time, but still want to make sure the kids turn out relatively ok in this playthrough. Anyway, here are my notes so far - any additions to them would be great!

Chrom + FemAvatar = Lucina, Morgan (already recruited)

Lissa + Ricken = Owain

Sully + Donnel = Kjelle

Miriel + Kellam = Laurent

Maribelle + Henry = Brady

Panne + Gregor = Yarne

Cordelia + Lon'qu = Severa (already recruited)

Nowi + Libra = Nah

Sumia + Frederick = Cynthia

Olivia + Vaike = Inigo

Cherche + Stahl = Gerome

Tharja + Gaius = Noire

Lucina: Aether (F)

Morgan: Rightful King (F), Ignis (M)

Owain: Galeforce (M), (F)

Kjelle: Aegis (M), Aptitude (F)

Laurent:

Brady: Galeforce (M), (F)

Yarne: Quick Burn (M), Axebreaker (F)

Severa: Vantage

Nah:

Cynthia: ? (M), Luna (F) (I have Sumia as Falcon Knight currently, figure I'll let Cynthia get Galeforce on her own later)

Inigo: Galeforce or Astra (M),

Gerome:

Noire:

Please help with Laurent, Nah, and Gerome especially, and maybe Noire and Inigo as well. The others I kinda have an idea of what I'm gonna do with, and I'm close to recruiting Cynthia already.

Thank you!

So, I didn't go for all the optimized pairs but if I could just have advice on what skills to pass down to kids that'd be nice. No telling me better alternative pairs, please! I know what the 'best' pairs are already. Thought I'd go with what I liked this time, but still want to make sure the kids turn out relatively ok in this playthrough. Anyway, here are my notes so far - any additions to them would be great!

Chrom + FemAvatar = Lucina, Morgan (already recruited) This one you can really do whatever you want for classes depending on your asset/flaw

Lissa + Ricken = Owain Sage

Sully + Donnel = Kjelle I like paladin but hero is also a good option

Miriel + Kellam = Laurent Sage or Dread Fighter or Berserker if you wanted

Maribelle + Henry = Brady Sage or Sorcerer

Panne + Gregor = Yarne Berserker

Cordelia + Lon'qu = Severa (already recruited) Wyvern Lord or Hero

Nowi + Libra = Nah I'd go with Sage, but I guess Sorc works too

Sumia + Frederick = Cynthia I'm not really sure, I never do Frederick x Sumia. I guess you can't really go wrong with Dark Flier.

Olivia + Vaike = Inigo Inigo won't be very good at all, but he'll make a decent hero I suppose.

Cherche + Stahl = Gerome Warrior

Tharja + Gaius = Noire Most of us here like Dark Knight, but Sorc, Sniper, and Dark Flier are all viable options

Lucina: Aether (F)

Morgan: Rightful King (F), Ignis (M)

Owain: Galeforce (M), (F)

Kjelle: Aegis (M), Aptitude (F)

Laurent:

Brady: Galeforce (M), (F)

Yarne: Quick Burn (M), Axebreaker (F)

Severa: Vantage

Nah:

Cynthia: ? (M), Luna (F) (I have Sumia as Falcon Knight currently, figure I'll let Cynthia get Galeforce on her own later)

Inigo: Galeforce or Astra (M),

Gerome:

Noire:

Please help with Laurent, Nah, and Gerome especially, and maybe Noire and Inigo as well. The others I kinda have an idea of what I'm gonna do with, and I'm close to recruiting Cynthia already.

Thank you!

It doesn't really matter what you pass down except for the obvious male children getting GF and the female children getting axefaire. Go with what you think will make your life easiest when grinding. I posted my classes thoughts above

Alright, that does help a lot, actually. The bit of reading I've done on passing down skills hasn't always been super helpful about what skills to pass down besides Galeforce, Luna, and Astra - and until very recently I wasn't even aware what levels skills were learned at, which is why Morgan and Severa missed out on getting a couple ideal ones. :/ Luckily I'm still testing the waters a bit so kids being useful isn't super important, I just want to figure out which kids I like this time so next time I'll know who to optimize first.

Thank you for the advice! I'll probably be back when I finish picking pairs for my male avatar playthrough.

Ok, so in my male avatar playthrough I am looking at optimizing a few of the kids where possible, but there are a few pairs I'm really not fond of. I'll note the pairs I'm a little more iffy on, but I will take some advice on changing pairs if they're really not working (nothing is set in stone for this run through yet.)

Chrom + Sumia = Lucina, Cynthia

MaleAvatar + Lucina = Morgan

Lissa + Frederick = Owain (Hero)

Sully + Kellam = Kjelle (Knight or Paladin?)

Mirel + Gregor = Laurent (Not sure)

Maribelle + Virion = Brady (Sage?)

Panne + Lon'qu = Yarne (Not sure)

Cordelia + Stahl = Severa (Hero)

Nowi + Gaius = Nah (Not sure)

Olivia + Libra = Inigo (Sorcerer)

Cherche + Ricken = Gerome (Dark Knight)

Tharja + Henry = Noire (Dark Mage)

Edited by knighteddawn

Hello, I was wondering if I could get a bit of advice for a lunatic pairing I want to try (and possibly carry through to Lunatic + as well).

So the pairing in question is Vaike x Sully, I'd assume it's good for a no grind Lunatic run, but I just want to see what other people think. I'm also thinking of getting Yarne since he can get some good levels when he joins, if so I'm thiking maybe Panne x Kellam? I'm open to any pairing that works for no grind Lunatic honestly (And Yarne and Severa are set in stone as to if I'd get them, just want to be prepared incase I do go after them.

Other pairings for that run are:

Chrom x FMU/Sumia (depends on which gender, leaning more towards FMU since they work really well together)

Gregor x Miriel (apparently it gives a solid Laurent, passing down Sol lets him Nos tank very well)

Cordellia x Stahl/MU (It gives a really good Severa if memory serves, though I'd be willing to swap it around for a better one)

Any advice?

Been busy with Fates so I haven't been active here. Sorry.

Hello, I was wondering if I could get a bit of advice for a lunatic pairing I want to try (and possibly carry through to Lunatic + as well).

So the pairing in question is Vaike x Sully, I'd assume it's good for a no grind Lunatic run, but I just want to see what other people think. I'm also thinking of getting Yarne since he can get some good levels when he joins, if so I'm thiking maybe Panne x Kellam? I'm open to any pairing that works for no grind Lunatic honestly (And Yarne and Severa are set in stone as to if I'd get them, just want to be prepared incase I do go after them.

Other pairings for that run are:

Chrom x FMU/Sumia (depends on which gender, leaning more towards FMU since they work really well together)

Gregor x Miriel (apparently it gives a solid Laurent, passing down Sol lets him Nos tank very well)

Cordellia x Stahl/MU (It gives a really good Severa if memory serves, though I'd be willing to swap it around for a better one)

Any advice?

Vaike/Sully works. Vaike has baller pair up bonuses that any unit would appreciate. Though he may want to go Barb/Zerker for Sully.

Chrom pair is up to you.

Gregor/Miriel is baller.

Cordy/Stahl is great. You could also do Robin/Cordy and Chrom/Sumia if you to male MU then lair Stahl with Panne.

Which is better in the context of better final child: Donnel!Noire and Gaius!Kjelle or vice-versa with Gaius!Noire and Donnel!Kjelle?

It's sort of interchangeable. Donnel!Noire always has access to Vengeance Sniper and she can hit 60 Spd with rallies in a no dlc context. Gaius!Kjelle is basically a second LQ!Severa. The other way around gives Noire Astra for proc stacking and higher Spd and Kjelle is good enough on her own to handle Donny inheritance.