FE9 and it's terrible writing.

Barney Calhoun

Warning: This is a long rant about FE9. FE9 fans beware, it's not gonna be pretty.

Ok, to start things off:

SO MANY OF THE C SUPPORTS HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH FOOD.

Seriously. Awakening has super-bland supports and those are more unique than FE9's.

Ok, FE9's cutscenes. Everyone (Especially Titania) speak like this:

"Commander Ike, we are low on supplies. We are in danger and we can only fight."

Something like that. NO ONE SHOWS ANY PERSONALITY IN ANY TEXT BIT AT ALL.

The supports are like:

"Hey there dude. You are cool. I like food. I like you. Let's talk later."

YOU CALL THAT A SUPPORT? THAT'S FOOD AND BULLSHIT. No. Just no.

Around chapter 2 especially, there are so many times when I feel like the translator wrote the dialogue or maybe like Stephenie Meyer did.

"Greil is dead. Ike must take command. He's the only one who can. Ike, it's up to you. Ike, you rule"

GWAAAAHHHHHH!!!! THE TEXT IS JUST BLAND. THE EPITOME OF BLAND WRITING.

Seriously, characters have no personality AT ALL. They make their point in a completely generic and boring way.

And the story. It's about racism and bad guys.

In FE7, the Black Fang were legitly evil and had reasons they were evil and a great backstory.

Daein: A racist country with a evil bad guy king! They dun like Laguz and they do bad stuff! Bad guys!

EVERYTHING. IS SO. AWFUL.

tl;dr: FE9 has a generic story, terrible characters and decent gameplay.

By the way: Mods please move this to the POR thread.

Edited by The Heavy

Hahahaha, this must be a troll topic because fe9 is the downright best written story in the series.

You get alot of character development through the supports, Ike even talks to every member of the team at some point even if he doesn't support with them, the story while basic works really well and is told very well.

Now that I got that out of the way its time to evacuate this thread before more nonsense comes in.

Edited by Folgore Red II

As much as I would like to bite, I can't see anything with actual substance from that post.

I mean, the post we are dealing with here is kinda chaotic.

Like, TC claims that the writing in chapter 2 is bad and then he immediately shouts about Greil's death rather then elaborate what was so bad about chapter 2's writing. Unless he assumed that Greil died in chapter 2, of course.

I have no idea what I am supposed to work with here.

Edited by BrightBow

Hahahaha, this must be a troll topic because fe9 is the downright best written story in the series.

This says a lot more than you think it does. It's probably true, but that just shows how low the bar is set for these games.

Such polite criticism... who are you and what have you done with the real Furetchen?

Furetchen wha

I was about to take it seriously, thinking it was some new user with poor criticism.

IN CHARGES THE FANBOY BRIGADE, HERE TO BLINDLY DEFEND THEIR FAVORITE GAME!

My favorite FE is FE6 and I actually prefer FE7 over FE9, I was just pointing that your logic makes no sense, when the other games in the series are worse written.

I also happen to be quite fond of FE9 supports, they aren't all about food, they give quite the backstory of the characters, like Astrid, Sothe, Jill, Rhys, Titania, etc

Edited by Nobody

If you say his name, he appears.

Banzai is the devil headcanon: acquired.

Or even more ominous, he's Cao Cao.

At least it doesn't have any stupid plot twist like jesus ninian.

THe first time Ninian came back was one of my favorite parts, I liked the way the cold wind blew. Those sorts of moments are cool.

Or even more ominous, he's Cao Cao.

Someone else who knows the "Speak of Cao Cao and Cao Cao arrives." phrase! ^^

Romance of the 3 Fire Emblems would be a cool crossover.