So...Abbott is in?

FrostyFireMage

Oh god, have a cry, everything will pretty much run the exact same as it did before. It's just that you'll be seeing someone else's face in the newspaper instead.

Oh god, have a cry, everything will pretty much run the exact same as it did before. It's just that you'll be seeing someone else's face in the newspaper instead.

It's sad because it's true.

Well, maybe not the newspapersd bit. You know what Murdoch press is like.

well not exactly. (warning: left wing here)

chances are we are unlikely to make much social progression (women's/gay rights, for example) over the next three years due to Abbott's policies/beliefs (which do impose on the party itself), which a bit of reading would fairly easily indicate.

then there's a whole host of other things (eg: building more roads, and taking cuts from rail networks and such, which is going to mean less sustainability, climate change deniers, etc.) which could also be a potential problem.

i think the main problem is that people wanted change, but in my opinion I really don't think we needed said change, because it was going to be for the worse.

thankfully I already have the new NBN stuff so I don't have to complain about that

edit:

Tony Abbott more like Tory Abbott

because he's conservative and wants really badly to be English

please validate me ;.;

validated Edited by Manix

Tony Abbott more like Tory Abbott

because he's conservative and wants really badly to be English

please validate me ;.;

Fun fact: Tory originally meant an outlaw, bandit or thief.

Though I suppose we have David "Airbrushed for Change" Cameron.

Though by those quotes above it seems he is worse.

Fun fact. Tony Abbot has studied at Oxford.

With the rate and severity of his gaffs, you'd never know it.

George W. Bush studied at Yale.

Some people aren't dumb, they're just incapable leaders.

And although I feel bad, I'm also relieved that the US isn't the only Western country to elect a politician like that in this era. But I feel mostly bad.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

George W. Bush studied at Yale.

I'm going to guess he only got in because of his legacy though.

I do agree that picking up trash is something that should be done, though.

EDIT: But in a lot of cases it'd be better if people never tossed shit on the ground when there's a trashcan like 20 feet away from them.

EDIT2: Marked edit.

Edited by Static Shock

lol all the USians in here thinking that abott is like president or something

it's the party you guys should be more worried about, which, really, aren't that bad

chances are we are unlikely to make much social progression (women's/gay rights, for example) over the next three years due to Abbott's policies/beliefs (which do impose on the party itself), which a bit of reading would fairly easily indicate.

then there's a whole host of other things (eg: building more roads, and taking cuts from rail networks and such, which is going to mean less sustainability, climate change deniers, etc.) which could also be a potential problem.

i think the main problem is that people wanted change, but in my opinion I really don't think we needed said change, because it was going to be for the worse.

This is fair enough, but just because Liberals are in power doesn't mean we won't be seeing change. On the other hand, just because Labour would have been in power, doesn't mean we would have seen change. Rudd could have easily tried to run gay marriage though Parliament and gotten rejected.

blah blah blah both parties have their strong points, honestly. It's just a question of whether or not they align with what you want, and what the country wants. Evidently, not enough people wanted Labour, and with the astonishing fact that ~25% of young people failed to register to vote, it's clear that we didn't feel strongly enough about a lot of issues.

Wasn't Australia originally a penal colony or something? Our forebears were fucking Puritans, what's your excuse for your right-wingers being such piss-takers

Wasn't Australia originally a penal colony or something? Our forebears were fucking Puritans, what's your excuse for your right-wingers being such piss-takers

Yes, it was. In the beginning of the australian colonization, the british just put criminals in ships and sent them there. It was actually a good deal on both sides, since the UK was able to get rid of the criminals and to colonize a remote place people normally wouldn't want to go to and the criminals become free. Of course, when the colony start getting prosperous, this policy stopped.

Edited by Nobody