FE6 HM 0% growths v2-3

dondon151

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dondon, just posting to say that maaaan, you suck so much at rigging growths. Get better :P. All those blank levels. :Kappa:

Seriously though, Im looking forward to Ch12 13 and 14.

Edited by PKL

How does the playback thing even work? The file looks really small.

I imagine it's an input sequence that is fed to the emulator to make it automatically press buttons at specific times so that it recreates the original performance. If the sequence is recorded or read even slightly inaccurately, it throws the whole thing out of sync.

Hey Dondon, just posting to say that maaaan, you suck so much at rigging growths. Get better :P. All those blank levels. :Kappa:

Seriously though, Im looking forward to Ch12 13 and 14.

i'm too busy working on prep menu execution! i don't think i'll upload chapter 13 unless i magically manage to 5-turn it, since i 6-turned it previously and espinosa also 6-turned it with growths.

and here's chapter 12:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lfZDd2McNc

the prep menu sequence for this chapter felt especially long. execution got sloppy at a couple of points, but this isn't a speedrun, and re-recording segments is a waste of my time.

note to self: shin promoted at L10.66 and tate promoted at L10.54.

Edited by dondon151

I felt that LTCing C12x alone was an accomplishemt in itself period, but my turn count was definitely not the best you can get out of the chapter. I think shaving off a turn means, firstly, less money for Boots later on (some of the best chests are hard to reach, and I only did it on the last turn) and, from the point of view of execution, playing with death with Lalum (since she needs to be dropped in risky positions to advance your party as far as possible). I found that the impossible combat requirements (nobody really reliably ORKOs until Percival and Miledy join) really complicate the infrastructure core behind LTCing, but looking at your progress you might just 5-turn the map and not mind the loss of income.

The C12 clear was really elegant.

what? two videos in one day?

We're not worthy!

Nice job on 12x, I never thought of going through the middle (usually I take the left path, but thinking about it now, that is quite a bit longer). Also I thought you'd be skipping the gems, I was pretty surprised that you actually ended up getting them. And Rutger is still bosskilling, so good. Although I guess once Perceival/Miledy/other prepromotes get on the team, he'll be getting benched. It was a good run for him...

i think the default path is usually the middle. if you look at the map, there are also fewer enemies there, especially if you can sneak past the wave of enemies coming from the bottom right.

i really didn't want to get the antitoxin (since if i use a chest key on it, i actually lose money - a chest key use costs 300G whereas antitoxin can only be sold for 225G), but if i don't get it, then a thief will get it and block my way. i figured out the rest of the map pretty easily, but it took a bit of trial and error to realize that i basically had to vacate that chest in order for rutger and zealot to eliminate enemies that could kill lalum.

chapter 13 looks 5-turnable in principle, but i'm almost sure that i can't get less than 6 turns. with promoted shin, i have a couple of toys to experiment with that may open up possibilities.

Those Antitoxins are sure to be helpful!

I 6-turned C13 with a bit of effort; didn't have a promoted flier until Miledy though.

12x pretty much confirms that mobility > training units for higher base stats. Besides Saul's magic and Rutger's strength (and I guess Roy / Thany). Even then, wouldn't an absolute lowest turns HM run not recruit Rutger and crit bosses with regular weapons instead? Add in the suicides and I don't know who'd subject themselves to a run like that.

Of course, if you're going to be that unreliable in a lowest turns HM run, you might as well go to the extreme and just do a lowest turns FE6 run period on NM.

unless you rigged single digit crits or deke somehow got a bunch of str growths, the chapter 4 and 5 bosses will drive you nuts without rutger. it's hard for me to say if a trained shanna will even be that useful in a growths run (aside from the obligatory EXP investment to go to ilia). with the proper investment i think she'll hit L10 at around the same time as tate, if not earlier. let's say that she hits L12 when tate can be expected to hit L10, which is pretty generous. tate loses in spd and luk but has huge HP and str leads.

chapter 12x is kind of like a stealth mission. i will say that it's loads easier with promoted shin because he can just kill stuff at range (whereas even a decent alance is comparatively impotent with a javelin). it is kind of interesting how there really hasn't been a time so far where i wish i had a trained alance over base + promo noah because noah hasn't even fought that much - he promoted before chapter 8x and still hasn't even gained a level yet. but i also was held back by recruitment obligations in chapters 10 and 11, and i think that i will find noah's and marcus's offensive abilities woefully inadequate in chapter 13.

i didn't have that much trouble 6-turning chapter 13 in v2, which is why i'm entertaining the thought of a 5-turn. this one looks much more challenging because unlike chapter 12x, this map actually has combat requisites.

one other point of interest to note is that i've been relying less and less on ranged combat with javelins and hand axes. in v2 i think zealot had C axes by this point, but he's a few rounds of combat short at the moment in v3. i've found that with the accuracy so terrible and the damage pitiful, it's just as efficient in many cases to not bother with the 1-2 range.

Edited by dondon151

Yeah, it looks like a party of 8 move units just completes maps quicker. You might have to field people like Klein, Echidna and Igrene in instances where I had mounted units following me, though maybe I'm wrong and still under inertia of your v1 run years back.

How quickly can you seize in chapter 16 (assuming Boots on Miledy) if advancing naturally? I spent 3 warp uses in the chapter (1 for gettign inside the Rescue room where I decided I'd nab two othe chests as well) and wasn't convinced it was worth it. Even then, 1 warp is kinda needed if you want to complete the game with the best ending at all.

How quickly can you seize in chapter 16 (assuming Boots on Miledy) if advancing naturally? I spent 3 warp uses in the chapter (1 for gettign inside the Rescue room where I decided I'd nab two othe chests as well) and wasn't convinced it was worth it. Even then, 1 warp is kinda needed if you want to complete the game with the best ending at all.

i got 9 turns in v2 without miledy @ boots, and i think that the strategy wasn't very good either. i'd say that 8 turns is definitely reasonable (you can also reach the rescue staff in 8 turns, hypothetically, without warp). i'm hoping that i won't need to use warp at all in an 11 turn clear with cass recruited, but that also requires a lot of infrastructure.

i did a quick funds calculation and came to a sum of about 100000G before factoring items that i might get on this run that i skipped previously (chapter 16 chests) and expenditures on killer weapons and pure waters. if i can get the knight crest, hero crest, and 5000G chests in chapter 16, in addition to maybe stealing an extra red gem or so, i might be able to boots my way into a fourth 14-move juggernaut.

well, this map is giving me a headache. it's too early to give up but not too late to ask for some help. here's what i've concluded so far (big image warning). i'm going to go through this in reverse order because that's how i usually work on a strategy.

this is what needs to happen on turn 5:

jwax.png

red is roy, who will seize. blue is miledy, who will be able to just barely visit the armory to buy killer lances. orange is klein, who can ORKO flaer. tate doesn't really get to do anything here (she can visit the al sword village i guess).

working backwards, this is what needs to happen on turn 4:

ffsx.png

miledy (blue) drops roy and tate (purple) drops klein. i haven't even considered the challenge of ferrying klein to tate and roy to miledy yet.

working backwards, this is what needs to happen on turn 3:

s38l.png

miledy will have recruited herself, and for her action she'll use an elysian whip to promote. tate (purple) will rescue her. it doesn't really matter where tate starts her turn, as long as she ends her turn on the purple square. lalum (grey) will dance tate, then tate will drop miledy (blue).

so basically the elementary issue right now is: how the hell do i get lalum that far on turn 2 without her dying? one of the problems is that the space that she needs to end up at is occupied by a cavalier. a bigger problem is that the space adjacent to that will be occupied by the enemy paladin, whom i can't ORKO short of a killer bow double crit from shin. then there's also the issue of mopping up all of the archers and mages before that.

so unless there's a different way to get tate and miledy that far across the map, then i'm a bit stumped here. any ideas?

Can't Zealot ORKO the Paladin with a horseslayer/halberd crit? Or is the crit chance nonexistant/too low for you to be willing to rig?

Edit: Oh right, no halberd. You have the horseslayer though since you got all the villages in 7.

Edited by Irysa

wow i can't believe this skipped my mind

perhaps if i uploaded a battery save, that would be helpful! (i use VBA 23.2) though obviously if you played it on a clean ROM, none of your units would have 0% growths.

EDIT: and i don't know how attachments work. have a dropbox link instead: https://db.tt/oRUXQ0Hn

Edited by dondon151

I downloaded your save yesterday and spent like an hour trying to figure out how things worked; I ragequit somewhere when I found out that I forgot to give Roy the Elysian Whip for Miledy to promote.

You make it look so easy in your videos, but wow it's way harder than I thought haha; mad props for actually having the will to continue this.

I downloaded your save yesterday and spent like an hour trying to figure out how things worked; I ragequit somewhere when I found out that I forgot to give Roy the Elysian Whip for Miledy to promote.

You make it look so easy in your videos, but wow it's way harder than I thought haha; mad props for actually having the will to continue this.

yeah these things take hours and hours of trial and error and theoryFE.

i resolved the lalum dying at 49 hit problem but now i have a zealot getting OHKO'd by a horseslayer at 50 hit problem that i don't think i can resolve.

Uh, for your battery save, is that a necessary setup for turn 2? Since it loads on turn 2 of the map with nobody having moved at all. Or can I at least restart and actually do things on turn 1?

(99% sure I will not be able to help but at the least this should be interesting)