NICKT™

What are you working on?

At the moment im working on a Radiant Dawn Rebalance, and i will do a more indepth post about it in due time, but if anyone wants to help i certainly could use a few more brainstormers for this.

Whelp, what I'm doing isn't just a hack, but a full-on fangame in RPG Maker.

The gameplay will be much different tho.

I actually got some work done on it OMG!!!: :awesome:

Edited by WeAreNewcastle1053

I'm more of a story teller than I am anything else, and my plan with the start of my hack: The Desert's Rebellion, is to tell a riveting story. I want people to love the characters I create, but that doesn't mean I intend to slouch in the gameplay department. Since Im still new to this, don't expect anything superb, but I would like for these type of maps to be featured in the hack:

• Town Campaigns: Where your army enters a town in order to free it from the crutches of the enemy. Shopping can be done here, and there will most likely be an arena in the map as well. The smallest type of map
  • Desert Campaigns: The longest type of map. These will take quite some time to do, but there will be recommended save spots per wording, to make it feel like there's checkpoints. These will be large maps with tons of enemies, as well as points of interest. Every odd turns or so, an event will happen, like say, migrating animals that may attack your or your enemies, allowing you to push forward, enemy reinforcements, sandstorms that slow you down, or even the map changes to night blocking your vision.
  • Normal Campaigns: Campaigns that take an average amount of time, in no set location.

And a slew of characters, with supports by the time I'm done with em

So before I get into anything about the hack itself, a bit of background on how I actually got here.

Ever since the school year started, I had been thinking about getting into Rom-hacking of some kind. I had a thousand different story ideas, characters and other things that came to my mind that would make it interesting, as well as some people both willing to help with certain aspects if it happened and support my decision to try it. That was all before I had the ability to get a computer, but last December, I got one, and the project was a go.

This ended up becoming know of as Fire Emblem: Blood Moon, my first experience with the world of Rom-hacking, and something that has become the secondary focus of my entire senior year. Up until the computer I had gotten down a large amount of the main characters nailed down, a script which is now up to chapter 9, and just some other ideas that I think would make it interesting.

The story follows Princess Susan of Ignalia, who finds herself thrust into a battle for her life against the various kingdoms surrounding her homeland. It’s definitely not the most complex of plots on the surface, but I don’t want to give too much of what is going to happen away. Sadly, I don’t have many picture of it due to me posting this via IPad, but once I get home I’ll show a few of the character portraits and some other stuff.

I’m only on chapter 1 still in terms of completed chapters, but I hope to give updates through here to hopefully show a bit more interest. Hope I’ve manage to intrigue you!

working on an fe4 pme at the moment. getting wild as fuck. let's just say turn 2 forseti in chapter 6.

I'm working on a project called Fire Emblem: The Spark of Life. It's a rom hack of FE8 which involves a brand new story and new characters and items as well. The plot is about three adventurers who go around exploring and helping people when they get the chance. Eventually, they discover that an evil cult has been manipulating some of the higher powers of the land to do their bidding, and they set out to bring an end to it. The project is currently on the first few chapters and new characters are still being added at the time of this post. This is my first time creating a rom hack of any game, so I'm more than open to suggestions and advice.

I want to make a ROM Hack of the story A Thief's Legacy, a story about The Scouring. I'm hoping to find some help somewhere, though.

Hey folks.

So I'm working on a FE8 hack right now. I made a concept forum listing back in January about it. Didn't get much feedback, but what i did get was pleasant. What I had submitted original was a version 0.1 essentially. I wanted to know what people thought of it. I'm working on version 0.2 now.

Here are my playlists for each version. They are Unlisted so this is the only way you'll get access to them. 

Version 0.1
Version 0.2

There is a lot different between the two versions. Namely I have more custom characters and a world map now. I learned how to use world map events and all that noise. Version 0.2 is only at the Prologue, while the first version I had up to chapter 3 and a lot of story concepts planned. You can watch the Version 0.1 stuff to get a rough idea where I'm taking the story. You could also look at my original concepts post to read about the general gist of things.

I'd appreciate feedback yet again. Hoping I get a bit more by posting in this thread than I did making an independent post. 

11 hours ago, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

A 2D game in Unity/Bethesda Gamekit? How?

well in Unity it's supported, but in Skyrim, I'd have to really know the engine. There is a mod in development by the Project AHO dev team that's 2D. I was planning on seeing if they have a Discord and hanging around, maybe soak in some of their knowledge.

1 hour ago, petuuuhhh said:

well in Unity it's supported, but in Skyrim, I'd have to really know the engine. There is a mod in development by the Project AHO dev team that's 2D. I was planning on seeing if they have a Discord and hanging around, maybe soak in some of their knowledge.

Huh, serves me right for not knowing. I hope it works out for you. The world needs more 2D games.

I have no idea why I can't make a thread in this section, so I suppose I'll have to post it here.

I'm making my first rom hack called "Path of Sanaki". Originally it was supposed to completely replace Ike with Sanaki, however I'm doing other things to make the game more interesting. This includes every playable character having different stats and growths along with skills, and bosses being more challenging. However I'm merely configuring the game files itself and not sure to turn it into a patch, so sadly this cannot be shared. However I'll upload a walkthrough soon.

Screenshot_20.png

Screenshot_16~2.png

26 minutes ago, Zuda said:

Can you give the rom in pm ? And it’s the rom is the japanese version woth maniac mode ?

It's the PAL version and so far I'm aware according to the rules, it's forbidden to share roms.

It’s forbidden to do it in public, because they don’t want there away to download rom with the site, for legal purpose. But you can share it in privacy no ? But yeah, if it’s only hard mode, change only small stat for boss and characger don’t change a lot. But it really cool to play sanaki 😞