Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've created a functional FE6 Battle Simulator

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h6af4sQKsbrVCawxDmtBW7vyyGXoBouieyGM-6oU6EQ/edit#gid=869319365

that you don't need Excel for

Works on GoogleSheets. Buttons operate a bit differently than I hope they would, and I'm still building a few buttons, but the Calculations are spot on, and I've added some things to make your life easier.

Notice buttons for:

• Averages Meta
    • Forces all stats to calculate on a Averages Stats meta platform
  • Max Stats Meta
    • Forces all stats to calculate on a Max Stats meta platform
  • Clear Blue Team
    • Does what it says
  • Clear Red Team
    • Same
  • Attacking
    • Picks the Attacker
  • Defending
    • Picks the Defender
  • Dead (not functional)
    • Replaces unit's current HP with 0, and nullifies Supports linked to User

d9c7682311.png

After clicking an Attacker&Defender, click Outcome

345cb710ed.png

Click-Drag (to select) A1-A67, Copy, and Paste into SF. It's pretty similar to my current Excel one.

Anyone who wants to check it out and critique/mess around with it, feel free to. If you want, Import it to your personal Drive (File->Import) so you don't compete with other people while they use it.

804bd2fcf6.jpg

Edited by Elieson

Will sign up for both

Will support forgebanning on AN

Perhaps instead of banning Vengence entirely (utterly destroying Miriel, Libra and probably Henry), why not either

• ​Nerf the Proc-rate (Skill, Skill/2?)

​or

• Nerf the damage (25% of missing HP)
Edited by Elieson

I'd say Vengeance's reliable proc rate is the good thing about it. Nerfing the damage it does would make Vengeance users stand out less, but I don't like the idea of us modifying skills to our liking (unless it's RD which we still need to play sometime). Banning stuff is fine though, I believe.

The game really favors those with offensive Procs. Miriel, Libra, Henry, Gangrel and Aversa get hit hard with a Vengeance ban. Restricting it would make more sense than outright banishing it.

I'd participate in both, but I voted FE9 since that's my preference.

Aversa's Night and sorcerers are strong enough as is, let's not forge it.

Vengeance...eh, it's not a bad skill, in fact, it's pretty damn good, but there are also very effective ways to get around it, like having Gangrel sweep through the enemies team and get rid of any likely Vengeance users.

Woah did somebody do a mega CopyPaste on my FE6 thingy? I just lost all my buttons

Edited by Elieson

It's ok I backed it all up, just trying to make sure what happened. If it's this easy to erase, I need to see about safety on it

I thought luck caps in max stats render SMs' and 'zerkers' innate crit rather negligible?

Back to the topic, banning Vengeance would basically just make Luna the premiere offensive and that'd be that. I think it's mostly fine.

I see there is a direction towards having a FE13 cup in the poll right now. We'll see what the tendency is like tomorrow, but I think nobody would be upset if there was a signup thread in like a day or two.

It becomes only 14 crit after factoring in luck, going up or down depending on what the supports are like. Compare that to, say, 29 crit when Rutger targets Lance in the averages meta. Killing Edges also become less viable because SMs suddenly have insufficient attack to pierce enemy units.

As for Berserkers, these tend to whiff all the time, and I believe their supports don't grant them nearly enough +hit, either.

Most importantly, FE6 maxes is such a stally meta that you will only appreciate the SMs and Shin/Dayan being in to get matches going somewhere.