Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

I think it works very akin to Shadow Dragons but with Fates mechanics.

I mean I'd still be willing to do forum Link arenas of it. Matter of fact I was wondering if Espinosa would mind if I got all the main info needed for a new post in the FAQ thread in a bit.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One issue with Fates is that people haven't played it enough to infer which weapons are usable, and the effects are really complex this time around. I'm sure it won't take long to compile all the info when we decide we should start LAing the game. It's probably best to leave it alone until the Western release because a lot of the LA players deliberately avoid talking about it to not be spoiled about anything related to the game.

Edited by Espinosa

Very true, my bad on that. Literally all I spoiled myself on were characters, skills, classes and weapons so lol.

I jumped the gun.

Mechanics question: if both Bond and Renewal are able to activate, which one will activate first? Also, will there be any difference between different units having these skills and the same unit having them? Would be nice if somebody could check in-game.

The reason why this is (kinda) important is because one of these activating first sometimes conceals the other skill being present, which could be decisive in provoking the opponent to attack different characters in your party.

A mechanic question for me too : Are we using the FE13 doubling system or the Gba doubling system for FE13 link Arena? (5 or 4 more speed to double?)

It's 5 speed to double in FE13 LA. Last I checked.

Edited by Jedi

Mechanics question: if both Bond and Renewal are able to activate, which one will activate first? Also, will there be any difference between different units having these skills and the same unit having them? Would be nice if somebody could check in-game.

The reason why this is (kinda) important is because one of these activating first sometimes conceals the other skill being present, which could be decisive in provoking the opponent to attack different characters in your party.

I don't know tbh but I guess there's no difference. Like if there is bond renewal miriel and bond renewal maribelle, both will heal 34hp , if one of them lacks bond then one would heal 34 and the other 24. I hope I answered your question tho.

Oooh now I get it!

Answer: idk

Hint: my advice is to not mention the healing skill, because the game does not specify the skill that's healing you at the moment. How can we know which skill is healing you in particular? If Libra has 68/80 and is Bond'd and he has Renewal, he'll just heal the sum of both iirc. So perhaps, it'd be better to shpw the total HP healed.

Your team mates recover 10 HP at the beginning of your active turn.

Anyway, I'm signing off for tonight. Will try to make my own team tomorrow when nobody is awake and around to act our their turns.

I tested the shit out of it (with Horace), remember?

It rounds down (Truncates) the Damage Dealt.

If I were going to take 29 damage, Pavise/Aegis cut it in half, for -14.5.

29-14.5 = 14.5

14.5 rounded down (truncated) = 14. Damage thus = 14.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55437&page=2#entry3863890

Edited by Elieson

I'd like to. Though I'd prefer FE7 and 8 instead of 9, since I actually haven't played PoR.

Cool FE7 it is. Would you be ok with maxed stats (with boosters and no uber spear)?

Edited by KP 2010

So recently I've been thinking about the 2nd Gen meta a lot, and a thought I have on my mind is that RobinM/F shouldn't be allowed to give birth to anyone. Why? Because there are way too many characters who can practically access every skill. 3/5 in one team to be precise, since it's still probably kinda silly to not include Robin, what with them being a Gen 1 unit, just for the unpredictability and flexibility alone. On the other hand, the cast becomes terribly limited since parents are mostly completely outclassed (Top Tier units like Cordelia and Priam become really easy to double for example) by the kids, and only the women/Chrom actually give birth, and also excluding Flavia, Say'ri, Tiki, Aversa, Emmeryn... At the end of the day you'll only have 12 kids (with Morgan out) + Robin. Then again, there's still probably a ton of teams to be made with added flexibility, or maybe some builds will vastly outclass others when we get into it.

I've also been thinking what the metagame would be like without any brave weaponry at all. More defensive and stally, I think, with Renewal/Bond a much more serious problem than before.