Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

I still think vengeance is the biggest problem in either meta its simply too powerful and too easy with access to something like vantage or galeforce alongside it. I wouldn't mind having one instance of it allowed on a team, but.. yeah I feel its simply too ridiculous to not use, I think we could do a lot with the 12 kids without Robin and the Robinsexual parents going on that topic for a bit, it would be like fe4 gen 2 except a lot less explosive and very uncharted territory for awhile ripe for experimentation.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This deprives you of having a third child with endless skill options, but giving you the strongest unit statwise in return. I dunno, I'd say teams with 3rd gen Morgan and one with 3 Robin+kids units are on an equal footing.

I guess there are multiple separate metagames we can try out with the kids' meta?

Thoughts on Parent-less Children entering the Metagame?

Think about it this way, you have Owain, who suddenly has Lissa's mods, +1, but access to Lissa's skillset and class set, plus his own Myrmidon&Barbarian class/skillsets.

If anything, I'd like to sample out a Children's metagame where this is a sort of standard. It adds a sort of static variable, incorporates inheritance, but also leaves some of Gen1 viable (Chrom and Yen'Fay for example).

Some are essentially the same (like Noire is a Tharja with +1 mods all around, and identical class/skillsets) while others like Kjelle have 4 trees to choose from, and Yarne/Laurent/Gerome/Owain/Brady see a bit of variety.

Edited by Elieson

He won't have all of her class sets to be precise, just the ones that are unisex, to be sure, being able to inherit just one skill exclusive to the other gender. Yarne can only get just one of Lancebreaker/Swordbreaker unless his father brings access to these.

I dunno, I guess the idea is pretty novel in allowing parents to mostly co-exist with the kids without one group weeding out the other, but I don't know if we should necessarily stick to something not actually possible within the game; it's sorta like the few FE9 w/ 2nd tier FE10 characters games we did (with Devdan and Danved on the same team).

That's what I mean.

Owain doesn't inherit Pegasus Knight, but he could inherit Galeforce, for instance, as well as running Vantage. He'd still be Proc-less, but has access to different skills and slightly better stats. I mean, I'd never use Cordelia with Severa as an option, but it makes things amusing when suddenly, you have Severa running 45+(Spd+2) as a Hero/Bride. That's pretty threatening.

So recently I've been thinking about the 2nd Gen meta a lot, and a thought I have on my mind is that RobinM/F shouldn't be allowed to give birth to anyone. Why? Because there are way too many characters who can practically access every skill. 3/5 in one team to be precise, since it's still probably kinda silly to not include Robin, what with them being a Gen 1 unit, just for the unpredictability and flexibility alone. On the other hand, the cast becomes terribly limited since parents are mostly completely outclassed (Top Tier units like Cordelia and Priam become really easy to double for example) by the kids, and only the women/Chrom actually give birth, and also excluding Flavia, Say'ri, Tiki, Aversa, Emmeryn... At the end of the day you'll only have 12 kids (with Morgan out) + Robin. Then again, there's still probably a ton of teams to be made with added flexibility, or maybe some builds will vastly outclass others when we get into it.

I've also been thinking what the metagame would be like without any brave weaponry at all. More defensive and stally, I think, with Renewal/Bond a much more serious problem than before.

You could simply have a 2nd gen meta only include 2nd gen children or Spotpass people.