Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen, and Zerosabers, I have pondered a ponder, and have bought it forth to ask to you all, mostly for the sake of entertainment.

Who is worse? Anna or Maribelle?

I'd say Maribelle.

At least Anna gets access to three breakers.

Gentlemen, and Zerosabers, I have pondered a ponder, and have bought it forth to ask to you all, mostly for the sake of entertainment.

Who is worse? Anna or Maribelle?

I think Anna's completely worse. Thing with Anna is that her mods are shit and she's outclassed, in terms of available classes, by pretty much any other character. She's a terrible Assassin, if not the worst, even Vaike and Olivia are better there; Sniper and Bow Knight are shitty too, Chrom, Tharja or other chars can fill that niche in a better way; Sage and Dark Knight are underwhelming, even Maribelle herself is a better (offensive) Magi; and Bride, idk, perhaps her less worse option. Having Bowbreaker might help her case there, but her enemy can have a breaker and just neutralize her. Her combat is shameful too, and she can't even be a dodgebot with Lucky Seven because her stats aren't the best, like Yen'Fay or Gaius that can try to pull some dodges. But we've seen that, generally, this meta doesn't favor dodgebots.

Maribelle doesn't proc, but I can see her maybe being a support unit with Miracle, Renewal, Speed +2, Demoiselle and Bond, as a Bride or Dark Knight with either Yewfelle or Balmung; or be a lame Sage with Tomefaire, Galeforce, Speed +2, Lifetaker and Magic +2 / Demoiselle / Miracle but Galeforce is so situational it's not an awesome skill in itself, because if you get a kill then you'll immediately have to target another unit and simply SD or die next turn, so there's that. I think Maribelle as a support units might be ok.

EDIT: ON A MORE IMPORTANT NOTE, SUPERIOR LANCE IN THE WEAPONS LIST AT THE FAQ THREAD SAYS 85 HIT WHILE IT HAS 70 HIT IN REALITY, PLEASE FIX ESPI

Edited by Quintessence

I'd say Maribelle.

At least Anna gets access to three breakers.

Hm? No, Anna only gets bow breaker.

Also,

Well, your gender tag says female thus, you aren't technically a gentlemen. You are a lady. But Lady and Gentlemen was less amusing to say.

Anna has bad mods, but I don't think they're quite as bad as Maribelle's. I don't know if that make her less bad though, since she doesn't have much in terms of potential offense or support whereas Maribelle can at least kind of do those things.

Anna!Assassin gets Bowfaire/Lucky7/Bowbreaker/Lifetaker/Hit Rate+20

For her like, most optimal skillset. Shitty mods though :(

Hey Horace, your reddit link for the Crit Animations is dead :(

Any other link(s) to them? I haven't found one 8<

just noticed this, I can't find them either :(

i'll poke around for a bit.

anyone want to play an FE13 gen 1 game without Robin/Cordelia? I have amazing units I want to try and if Cordelia and Robin are on every team that says something about the balance of the meta, so I wanna see a game without them and I'm salty about being eliminated from the tourney and want to play another one

also Quint/Carmine I could host your gen2 game if you don't have a host for that yet.

Edited by General Horace

I wanna try different classes, maybe different units and builds: Gen I. Anyone?

I could host that game if you want, gives me something to do while I'm SICK, once you find an opponent that is.

In exchange are you avaliable to host a no Robin/Cordelia game that zero and I are looking for a host for?

I should share; people just up and decided to move in with me this week, so my entire week has been compeltely stripped of free time (hence failing to host or do anything requiring effort really).

I'm so bad

So, since we've had so many Link Arena's now in the GBA games...I'm wondering, who seems to be the absolute strongest units on average, given max supports? I figure it might be a strong project to do a playthrough where I raise the absolute strongest team possible.

in terms of raw versatility and power, Rutger/Dieck/Clarine or Allen/Roy/Lance or something involving Shin since bows are great, Lyn/Eliwood/Hector and Eirika/Ephraim/Tana probably fit the bill for each FE (respectively)