Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of me wants to exclude Afa's Drops, notably because:

If we're assuming that Lyn Mode boosters exist, then Lyn is guarenteed experience in Prologue to the extend of 1 level, which already defies averages a bit. Proceeding from there, Chapter 1 and 2 etc are impossible to proceed through without gaining exp to a level for at least 1 character, and I'd say it's the same with everyone else until you get Marcus. This brings the question up of, if I'm using units that are essentially forced to gain exp, how can I maximize their EXP to take full advantage of Afa's Drops? What if you're using Lyn!Afa's Drops on your team? Are you restricting yourself to 37 levels for her instead of 38?

I don't think it's even possible for Matthew to solo Chapter 11 HNM/HHM, meaning that Hector is forced to gain at least Wire's exp, before proceeding.

I dunno, it just seems like there's a few variables here which could just barely skew things back downward

Edited by Elieson

Triple c-c-combo post

I'm being meticulous here; Espi, is there any reason why other units such as Fado, Hayden (the Postgame crew) aren't included in the stat lists and portrait lists? I know they lack support options but in a Max-Stats'verse, they exist just as much as the infinite boosters they utilize do.

Plus Naglfar I guess

Part of me wants to exclude Afa's Drops, notably because:

If we're assuming that Lyn Mode boosters exist, then Lyn is guarenteed experience in Prologue to the extend of 1 level, which already defies averages a bit. Proceeding from there, Chapter 1 and 2 etc are impossible to proceed through without gaining exp to a level for at least 1 character, and I'd say it's the same with everyone else until you get Marcus. This brings the question up of, if I'm using units that are essentially forced to gain exp, how can I maximize their EXP to take full advantage of Afa's Drops? What if you're using Lyn!Afa's Drops on your team? Are you restricting yourself to 37 levels for her instead of 38?

I don't think it's even possible for Matthew to solo Chapter 11 HNM/HHM, meaning that Hector is forced to gain at least Wire's exp, before proceeding.

I dunno, it just seems like there's a few variables here which could just barely skew things back downward

If we were to be as strict as you mention, then one would just apply Afa's Drop to each character after the chapter you get it. The next question would be: what level is assumed on average for each character to be as soon as you get Afa's Drop (which is, Genesis)? Then one would make things much more complicated, and assume that it is simply not viable because the difference is negligible.

I thought about Afa's Drop as a resource you can use in the same way you can use a statbooster; granted that one affects growths, while the latter affects current stats.

It is possible for Matthew to solo chapter 11, he just needs to be pumped up from Lyn Mode. There's also the option of letting him hit level 20 by just dodging archer attacks over and over and over and over again until he can actually kill Wire. Likewise, it's possible for Lyn to not gain a level in the prologue - she can double crit Batta and leave the other chump brigand alive and seize with ~80 exp.

All valid I s'pose, but then on the circumstance you are running a team feat. Hector and Matthew (not /that/ awful if you are begging for Lethality prox I guess), then something would be askew?

Yeah. Matthew can also just Lundgren grind and theoretically get an energy ring and be level 20 going into Hector Mode. Assassins I think have a niche because they're fast sword users that aren't weak to Swordslayers (although Rath is just better, but Rath has less support options).

Someone play me plz :(

I'm interested in an FE9 Link arena game, but I'm new to Link Arena in general

Someone plz halp

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=46179This thread is a good place to start! Just scroll down a little for FE9.

A way to see how a game of fe9 would work... Hmm lemme find a game for an example. http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56124

As you've always seem well versed in FE I dno if I need explain more... ^^;

Somethings to note about the FE9 meta that aren't stated there are that Nasir is banned, Ragnell is banned, as is the Ike/Oscar Support. The battle Jedi linked has cut support (which are listed in the FAQ section, it just gives units more options and makes some more viable) and cut weapons (namely Rexflame, which gives sages +3 speed) but that's not nescessary. There's also a fairly accurate tierlist here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=46066&page=1if you wanna see some common units (this is assumed that the game is played with statboosters and without cut supports), and the FE9 tournament that happened last year is here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=46180&page=1 if you wanna see some successful and not so successful teams. FE9's probably the most interesting and fair meta imo, so it's a good place to start.

Edited by General Horace

With my GBA hosting abilities skyrocketing, I'll offer my services as a FE9 host.

Fwiw I'm starting on a fe9 LAMS later this week (possibly tonight), though Espinosa already has a pretty good one available on GDocs

Hey I just realized something

Since u can Mine Glitch FEGBA, are we allowing Poison Wpnry?

Also I have both for Horace/KP

I have Darrman for Darrman/Quint (cmon Quint waiting on you)

Will start both FE7 matches in about 3 hrs

Edited by Elieson