Any Bravely Default players?

VincentASM

Okay, so I spoiled things a little by reading a guide, but it confirmed the suspicions I had after reading D's Journal. I still don't know exactly who Ringabel is but I've some good idea. I have to say, I'm really quite annoyed. So I spent 30 hours of an incredible game and then I have to fight ALL these bosses AGAIN? Three times? Jesus, talk about stretching it thin. I kind of suspected Airy was one of the main villains after Alternis started insisting that Edea was being deceived. Anyway I kind of feel like not playing this game any more because I really don't want to have to face the same shit over and over and over with minimal advancement in the plot. Hooray.

If you take your time it's not so bad, but yeah the story advances kind of slowly at that point.

You could, if you wanted...

break one of the crystals (keep mashing X) to get the first final chapter.

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I didn't mind having to do everything over a few times, I enjoyed more back story on the characters, and how the bosses got tougher each time and you needed to devise new strategies, Granted I would have preferred if they had done it a little differently but can't change it now, so I just enjoyed it for what it was, and I thoroughly did enjoy it, cant wait for Bravely Second now, though It's kinda sad that the world they went back to (there original) has everyone still dead and Edeas father still crippled, I hope we see all the 4 main characters reappear and that it gets localized here. Really want to see more of Edea & Ringabel.

If you take your time it's not so bad, but yeah the story advances kind of slowly at that point.

You could, if you wanted...

break one of the crystals (keep mashing X) to get the first final chapter.

You can't do that before chapter 6.

Agro, I still think the game is greatly enjoyable if you play it little by little, developing new strategies in the meantime.

Though I have to admit, I was a little bit disappointed too. I would have made another world (like the underworld or the moon of FFIV) instead of the same stuff all over again.

So...when can you customize your special moves and such? I've rebuilt the Special Move shop in Norende but I still can't buy then from the trader...

You can access them when the "Special" option is unlocked in the menu, early on in the game. I don't remember the exact moment though ^^;;; Edited by VincentASM

Also, does Examining an enemy have any special purpose? Like for completing the game 100% or something?

I forgot to use Examine on a boss...

None at all, AFAIK.

It's useful for checking how much HP a boss has.

I've just been playing the demo which FINALLY released here. I had high expectations but I didn't think the job system would be this addicting! Currently have Tiz and Agnès working up the Red Mage ranks, Ringabel as a Ninja with Jump/Multitask, and Edea as a Valkyrie with Knight/Swordmaster abilities. Ringabel is definitely kicking the most ass. My next mission is the one in the forest. This demo is really top notch!

Anyway, if anyone else in this topic is in the Western Hemisphere and didn't know the demo was out...GO GET IT!

Am I the only one who haven't obtained the new lv 99 Nemesis ?

I've just been playing the demo which FINALLY released here. I had high expectations but I didn't think the job system would be this addicting! Currently have Tiz and Agnès working up the Red Mage ranks, Ringabel as a Ninja with Jump/Multitask, and Edea as a Valkyrie with Knight/Swordmaster abilities. Ringabel is definitely kicking the most ass. My next mission is the one in the forest. This demo is really top notch!

Anyway, if anyone else in this topic is in the Western Hemisphere and didn't know the demo was out...GO GET IT!

Yeah, the Job System is one of the main interest of the game.

Every Job is useable in some way, and you can always find new interresting combinations.

I am so glad you can freely switch between text and voice languages at any time.

tumblr_inline_myxwqfjDBJ1rb9mmp.png

I don't have to subtitle my stupidity when I record something. I can just switch to English.

Also just curious, did the demo have the voice language options?

Edit: ...huh... the demo is completely different from the game? It's a mini game itself?

Edited by shadowofchaos

Yeah the demo is pretty much just fetch quests. "Get me 10 monster tails!" "Kill this evil turtle for us!" That kind of thing. Still, it's pretty fun considering what it is, and bulky, I have around 8 hours logged and still have several missions to finish (granted I've been grinding a lot xP). And yeah, it's only in English but it says the full game will have the same languages that you posted there.

Edited by Owain Dark

37 hours in and I'm still in Chapter 3. I just got the vial for toxic mist and started on my way towards getting the performer asterisk. Why oh why do I play games so slowly? Based on how long its taken me to get here, how many hours do I still have to go through?

I'm loving the game so far, but it is really really easy to stumble on to spoilers since pretty much every mission and side-mission have substantial amounts of story and there own little spoilers too. I just hope I start getting answers about D's journal soon.

37 hours in and I'm still in Chapter 3. I just got the vial for toxic mist and started on my way towards getting the performer asterisk. Why oh why do I play games so slowly? Based on how long its taken me to get here, how many hours do I still have to go through?

I'm loving the game so far, but it is really really easy to stumble on to spoilers since pretty much every mission and side-mission have substantial amounts of story and there own little spoilers too. I just hope I start getting answers about D's journal soon.

Up to where you're at c; ( or around there )

Yes ! Also try and avoid watching any Bravery The Second trailers unless you want to to be spoiled, because SE has this " You should know by now " thing with games trailers, at the moment, because the FF X HD trailers were filled with spoilers too.

Because of that, I know about D's journal ;c

which pisses me off so much, i cried, seriously, thanks SE !

Edited by mikan-tsumiki

What characters would that be?

[spoiler=Midgame spoilers]

Victoria for being a half-pint brat who killed Olivia and Victor for being her tool and for being voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch.

I don't dislike JYB per se but sometimes his voice sounds really douchey.

[spoiler=Midgame spoilers]

Victoria for being a half-pint brat who killed Olivia and Victor for being her tool and for being voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch.

I don't dislike JYB per se but sometimes his voice sounds really douchey.

Ah I knew it would be them XD

• 2 weeks later...

(Sorry Double post no one has posted in ages!) I am still having so much fun with this game am doing my 2nd play through might even do a 3rd, I might be a tad addicted... I will cry for weeks if I never get that sequel, cant wait for everyone in NA to get the game more people to talk about the game with XD

Also for those who have finished the game

What do you all think happened to Ringabel, that scene in the end really didn't make much sense but if you read D's Journal it says he is with the rest, I honestly didn't get the end with Ringabel, but then again there is so many instances with him that just plain don't make sense...I wish that part was all explained better maybe in the sequel..I can hope... all the characters need to return, they have too! I'm just sad the world they go back to everyone they knew is pretty much dead.. and cant return in the sequel.. T_T I was also thinking the scene with Ringabel in the alternate ending also made no sense when he is on Granship and puts a flower on the spot Edea died... is that him paying respect to the Edea from his world or did he actually go back to his world in that ending..

Edited by Shelie

I will cry for weeks if I never get that sequel, cant wait for everyone in NA to get the game more people to talk about the game with XD

Well, I pre-ordered the Collecto's Edition yesterday, so I should be getting it... 5-10 days after February 7, unless GameStop decides to break the street date or something.

And yeah, I hope for the sequel, but I really think its release depends on how the first game sells in the West.

If sales aren't good... we might not get it. ;~;

I played the demo as soon as it was available, loved it, and downloaded the game on Christmas Day. I'm only about 14 hours in because I've been playing other new games like Assassin's Creed 4 and Super Mario 3D World, but I've been leaving my 3DS on sleep mode for ages so my Norende is very nearly complete.

I've just added a few people who posted on the first page whom I recall seeing around the forums before. That's...

I realise this game isn't out yet in the country that most of our forum-goers hail from, but I just wondering are there any players here?

If there are, I would love to add you as friends. My FC is 4871-3909-8599.

Currently, I've put about 7-8 hours into the game and am having a blast. Most of my time is spend idlying to rebuild the village though, as I'm currently working on a long project.

(obviously)

and

Yess I got it on release day here! It's an awesome game! I have invested so many hours into rebuilding already, I absolutely love this game!! I will you add my FC is 4468-1013-9845

and

Vincent, Shelie, I've added you. Mine is: 3909-7667-0449

I'm about 16-17 hours in the game, playing hard mode (does that affect the power of the characters I send you?), and I'm around at lv.22... I've yet to figure out most of the online mechanics though. Anyway I'm happy as long as I can get more people to rebuild the village... Being stuck to 2 is quite terrible. And I'm curious to see your characters, haha.

P.S. This game probably has the best OST I've heard in the past 10 years.

so yeah. Add me, please! Sorry about everyone else, but I just don't want to go through this whole long thing.

After 102 hours of playing, i finally finished the game. Every second i played that game, was totally worth it. Now i can't wait to get the sequel x.x

[spoiler=Final Boss]Was it just me, or was Ouroboros easy as hell? He literally couldn't do anything to me expect for the onehit-kill and that could easily be avoided with that skill from the Spiritmaster. Also the attack that forces you to default or use a friendsummon was no problem at all, since the effect disappeared after like 2 turns. Even Final Airy was more difficult than him with her Fireweakness and Fireattackcombo. At least the battle music was absolutely epic, one of the best themes i've heard so far.

Well for now i guess I'm just going to max out every job class, or is there anything else you can do besides doing the Norende-enemies or

beating the bosses in Eternia again?