Any Bravely Default players?

VincentASM

I've finally grinded the whole party to level 99! Now I just need to max out all my classes...

Out of curiosity, what's everyone's favorite soundtrack from this game? IMO, this game has some of the best songs I've heard from video games in a long time.

[spoiler=Minor spoilers regarding Chapter 2]I really like Land of Radiant Flowers, Florem's theme x3 The boss music and the world map music on land is really good, too~

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was trying to look for it, but my internet was being very lame. :(

Anyways, my FC's 0602-6361-6843!

My FC is 0490-5014-2440, lemme know if you add me (and give me your FC if you do). ESAU, I'll grant you a villager.

Added you guys. Here's mine again: 1349-4940-0147!

Out of curiosity, what's everyone's favorite soundtrack from this game? IMO, this game has some of the best songs I've heard from video games in a long time.

I'd have to say Tiz's special move theme! It makes battles feel so much more epic, especially bosses!

Edited by Owain Dark

I love the boss song for BIG SPOILERS...

the Evil One's final form. Does it also play for the pupa form in the normal ending route?

Either way, it rocks (and I like how it ties with the Ba'al boss song) : )

Edited by VincentASM

ringabel's song is easily the best super song. edea's is the worst

also in relation to vincent's post

all the final boss themes are amazing. listening to them without fighting the final boss(es) doesn't do them justice. airy's 2nd theme just fits so well to all the betrayal she does, it's amazing.

and no it doesn't, you only get the first two themes for airy

favorite song has got to be florem's town music, for sure.

I can only take so much of the battle music after listening to it for hours but florem's music is just forever good

Also, what's everyone's strat for maximum send summon damage? I'm only been able to get up to 24k, and that's with

170% p atk 1000% crit moonwave that has effective typing and the appropriate slayer skill, with 50% atk boost. crit amp+2h katana DK edea

Edited by AstraLunaSol

24K seems really low for a max damage summon; are you sure it's not 240K? : o

My setup:

Find four bats in the Flor-Cheim Sea before Chapter 5 or the Undead mobs wandering Eisenberg from Chapter 5.

Promethean Fire on self and Sonic Wave on one enemy for 200% Attack.

Quick x2 on self and Cross Divide on two enemies (can skip one or both Cross Divides) for 300% Hit Count and Frenetic Fighting equipped.

Susano-o x2 on self for 1000% Critical and Critical Amp equipped.

A Vampire drains Physical Defence off the remaining enemy and a Spiritmaster uses Fairy's Aid on the attacker.

Finally the attacker uses the Level 3 Staff special two-handing a Diamond Staff (you can sub this for any Level 3 weapon special).

The easiest way is probably to use Natural Talent and strip your character, then go for the Knuckle special.

Out of curiosity, what's everyone's favorite soundtrack from this game?

For me it's probably:

[spoiler=Minor spoiler regarding Chapter 1]Land of Sand and a Large Clock.

Fell in love with it ever since the demo :D

Even if it isn't technically a Bravely Default song, the Nemeses' battle theme is a pretty awesome fusion of two good songs from Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light.

For reference, the two songs from 4HoL:

Battle with Demons and A Strong Enemy

Other than that, "The Serpent that Devours the Horizon" is pretty amazing. And it melds the four characters' leitmotifs in at one point.

whoa whoa i'm so happy this is here.

Right, so I'm in Ch.7 and so far I've really mixed opinions on this game. I guess I'll just kinda list how my feelings changed in chronological order

1. Through most of the beggining chapters I found the plot pretty uninteresting. Everytime a cutscene happened I just wanted it to be done so I could go get more jobs and learn skills (which, btw, is the best part of the game).
  2. Around Ch. 3 (I think) I started to become more interested in what was happening plot wise. The character's started to interest me more, though most of the interesting developement was from the villians. At this point I turned off the voices because damn... Tiz's sucks, Agnes' is headache inducing awful at times, and Ringabel's is only passable. Edea's is okay though.
  3. Ch.5 spoilers ahead

I got to Ch. 5 and realized I had to awaken the crystals again. "Well.... that seems kinda... lazy" I said to myself aloud. I can somewhat forgive it though since you get to fight the bosses from before when their stronger. That was fun. And that leads to the next chapter...

4. Ch. 6 Spoilers ahoy

At this point I'm pretty annoyed that I have to go through the whole crystal rigamaroll for the third time. You can fight the bosses again , but they've barely been upgraded and the same strategies from before work just as well. There's not that much story developement in this chapter either and any that is there could've easily been inserted into a previous or later chapter. The whole chapter was pointless filler and shouldn't even be in the game.

5. Ch. 7 spoilers derp

You have got to be kidding me. Did they really think having to redo the crystal bullshit again was a good idea? So freaking lazy. At least the sidequests are fun. They take several of the bosses from before and make you fight a group of them (usually 4) at the same time. They're pretty fun and challenging too. I'm about halfway through this chapter now.

So I guess my opinion of the game so far is that it's kinda dissappointing. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game. The battle and job systems are great fun and the story is alright 'til you get to Ch.5. I just feel like all the pointless padding from Ch.5 - Ch. 7 shouldn't have been there. They could've done so much more with those chapters to make them feel like a new twist on familiar territory but it just comes off lazy. That's what's so annoying about this game. There's so many great ideas about it that should make it an amazing game, but the poor design choices of the second half just weigh it down so much that it's only "good".

TLDR Version: It's good but meaningless repitition and padding in the second half weighs it down a lot and the game doesn't live up to its potential.

but that's just my opinion. I still have to finish the rest of Ch. 7 and onward (which is close to the end).

i feel like it's because it was just supposed to be ch. 1-4 with "special quests" in the newer, 'fixed' version of the game. not like the story is all that great to begin with. i'm pretty happy with it.

For the bow special moves, what do you do to obtain them. I hae the special parts but exploi fam/ weakness is vauge. Can I use items or do I hunt down flying creatures.

Also thank you all for your summons! They are providing much meeded buffs for the boss fights for my party.

For the bow special moves, what do you do to obtain them. I hae the special parts but exploi fam/ weakness is vauge. Can I use items or do I hunt down flying creatures.

Also thank you all for your summons! They are providing much meeded buffs for the boss fights for my party.

As rangers level, they get *class*-slaying moves. See a monster of a certain class? Use the appropriate slaying move! Repeat until you get the Special that you want. I think you can use weapons with innate Slaying abilities for this, too. Check the weapon's description!

I just hit Chapter 5. . .

Time to kick everyone's ass again! I'm doing something out-of-order for giggles.

EDIT: More spoilers. . .

[spoiler=Chapter 5 stuff, sort of]YES, WE CAN KICK AIRY'S ASS! Man, watching the world burn was worth it!

Edited by eclipse

Damn it, I'm only on chapter 2 but I ended up reading what I think is arguably this game's biggest spoiler. ahhhhhh

[spoiler=possibly huge spoilers]I know that the fairy is evil

=(

I lost a bit of my will to play it now

EDIT: No, i didn't read it in this topic haha.

I spoiled myself in the final fantasy wiki =(

What a dumb way to be spoiled.

Edited by Nobody

If it's something I posted, it's your fault for opening something that said CHAPTER 5.

It wasn't your post.

I spoiled myself in the final fantasy wiki lol.

Edited by Nobody

it's ok

i managed to spoil myself when someone pointed out that "Flying Fairy" and "Final Fantasy" are both "FF" and then i absentmindedly took the F's off in my mind - "Lying Airy" is way too specific to be coincidental

Edited by CT075

^ Dude edit in some spoiler tags.

About the spoiler Nobody brought up...

I also had that spoiled on Miiverse of all places. It amazes me how many idiots on there don't know/care to use the spoiler tag for something that's so OBVIOUSLY a spoiler. At first everyone on there was really good about spoilers so I let my guard down, it seems recently more people got their hands on the game and the spoiling increased. This one kid posted like three spoileriffic pictures/posts in a row even after being warned and mods editing previous posts of his. Thankfully I had been suspicious already before I saw anything. Just something about how pushy and frankly bitchy Airy gets made me think she might not be all good.

Anyway don't let that get you down, there are plenty of other things you hopefully don't know about! And at the very least the gameplay is still fun!

Edited by Owain Dark

Just got a little ways past chapter 3 and I'm loving it so far, especially the jobs. Had to take off the encounter rate, though the bosses and enemies aren't posing that great of a threat like the beginning so I feel I over leveled.

And... jap voices > english voices, especially for Ringabel.

If anyone wants to add me, my fc is 4768-7899-1803

Finished the game a few days back. I enjoyed the endings and how they left it open for a sequel. It was fun but after all the tedium that was ch. 5-7 I don't see myself playing it again. What I said on the last page still stands, overall I'm kinda disappointed with the game. I just really wanted this game to be more than it was.