1. 1. Which route shall I take?

2. 2. Am I a loon?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FireEmblem639-1.png

[spoiler=Goomba stomping]FireEmblem603-1.png

Like I said, Goombas. All they have is HP and Strength, and the former does little with that Defense.

FireEmblem601-1.pngFireEmblem602-1.png

This is about the only hard part of the chapter: if I rush the front these two attack from behind and make it difficult keeping everyone else out of combat.

FireEmblem604-1.pngFireEmblem605-1.png

Looks like a job for Marcus, now with Steel Axe! And he can actually hit with it!

FireEmblem606-1.png

Can't say no to Defense, especially with your growths.

FireEmblem608.png

If only this wasn't axes only. I like Lugh. :c

FireEmblem609-1.pngFireEmblem607-1.png

FireEmblem613-1.pngFireEmblem612-1.png

The front is holding up alright even without Marcus!

(I savestated when the coast was clear)

FireEmblem611-1.pngFireEmblem614-1.png

They can't all be good. :/

FireEmblem616-1.png

Alan you have a new job!

FireEmblem615-1.png

Mediocre but it will do.

FireEmblem617-1.png

Roy is actually fairly competent!

FireEmblem618-1.png

But then again gotta take out the swordies because you know, axes.

FireEmblem619-1.png

More cattle for the slaughter!

FireEmblem624.png

Excellent.

FireEmblem620-1.png

More Attack and Avoid is always nice.

FireEmblem621-1.pngFireEmblem623-1.png

What, more of them? I thought you'd learn your lesson by now.

FireEmblem625-1.png

This one did manage to survive a round of combat, though. Good for him I suppose.

FireEmblem628-1.pngFireEmblem627-1.png

Blegh.

Down in the other group...

FireEmblem626-1.png

Some walking chunks of metal are getting HAMMERED.

FireEmblem627-1.png

It's not like he can support anyone else!

FireEmblem629-1.png

This will be clutch in the next map, trust-

FireEmblem632-1.png

...Pretend that didn't just happen. I don't feel like going back over such a minor mishap, even though it's not that far back.

FireEmblem634-1.png

Whose idea was it to give thrones +30 Avoid? Imagine how bad this would be if the Armorslayer had its FE7 hit.

FireEmblem633-1.png

Away with ye!

FireEmblem635-1.png

Roy's crit animation is only marginally less awkward than the fighter's.

FireEmblem636-1.png

It has Defense, I suppose.

Echidna is weighed down too much without eating a body ring, but she's still slightly better.

I don't see it as that bad when the axes that weigh her down a lot are trash and not worth using (the only one that is usable is Armads).

Edited by Levant Fortner

Yeah Levant is right, Echidna isn't weighed down horribly if she's using Killer and most enemies besides mercs and myrms are slow and weighed down until late.

FireEmblem638-1.png

[spoiler=Lausy cavaliers...]FireEmblem637-1.png

Alas poor Hector, we hardly knew ye (until FE7).

FireEmblem640-1.pngFireEmblem641-1.png

Holy living fuck those cavaliers

FireEmblem642-1.png

That's what Marcus can do to one with a Steel Axe. Nobody on my team can 2HKO.

FireEmblem644-1.pngFireEmblem645-1.png

Except with this!

FireEmblem643-1.png

At least Roy can hold his own against the sword users.

FireEmblem648-1.png

If that wasn't any indication the plan is to crash Meta Knight's ship on the lancers, Rapier stab the swordies and hope I don't whiff the Nomads.

FireEmblem646-1.png

Everyone else sits on the sidelines and sips juice, except Thany who has flier obligations.

FireEmblem649-1.png

Damnit Ward, that guy can double you!

FireEmblem647-1.png

This calls for a save state.

FireEmblem650-1.png

I'd be worried about the lack of Speed if I wasn't worried about killing these bastards.

FireEmblem651-1.pngFireEmblem654-1.png

That could have ended badly...

FireEmblem652-1.pngFireEmblem656-1.png

That's better.

FireEmblem653.png

well fuck you too

FireEmblem655-1.png

Shut up and start healing.

FireEmblem657-1.png

Damnit Roy.

FireEmblem659-1.png

Unnecessary but whatever, Rutger's coming soon.

Also used my second save state after this EP because with the pirates there's about to be a clusterfuck.

FireEmblem661.png

Right on time.

FireEmblem662-1.png

On the team. Now.

FireEmblem663-1.png

This crit couldn't have come at a better time!

FireEmblem664-1.pngFireEmblem665-1.png

Good thing I savestated here, it took a couple tries to get this to hit. Level is better than I could've hoped for.

FireEmblem666-1.png

Hooray for Clarine being invisible in this map!

FireEmblem667-1.png

We're gonna have fun with this thing.

FireEmblem660.png

This, not so much.

FireEmblem669.png

That pirate was one turn away from the village. Good thing they prioritize spiting me to doing their job!

FireEmblem671.png

denied

FireEmblem673.png

yes

YES

FireEmblem668-1.png

blargh

FireEmblem674.png

Sadly this is the best I can do against Erik, what with him having 12 in all his offenses and a Steel Sword.

FireEmblem676.png

YOU'RE NOT HELPING

FireEmblem680.pngFireEmblem679.png

While the cavaliers grow ever closer the fighters continue to hold off the pirates and Merlinus starts handing out some fresh axes.

FireEmblem677.pngFireEmblem678.png

This critical couldn't have come at a better time. The level could have been better but whatever.

FireEmblem681.pngFireEmblem682.png

Screw you guys, I'm out of here.

FireEmblem683.png

Pansies.

Funny thing is beyond Halberding the sword cav I winged it and everything fell into place.

The axe users aren't sucking as much as I would expect. Lot is actually pretty good.

You're lucky the neutral route is Ilia (you go there if thany and tate have the same exp as shin and sue). Imagine going to sacae with an axe only team. But to be sure, I wouldn't even bother recruiting the latter two, because only the thought of going to sacae with that team is terrifying.

By the way, another reason to use echidna is that she's the only one in this playthrough that needs a body ring, while almost everyone else needs a skill book or speedwing, like bartre. By choosing bartre, you will basically be wasting a body ring and having less skill books/speedwing than you need.

Edited by Nobody

By the way, another reason to use echidna is that she's the only one in this playthrough that needs a body ring, while almost everyone else needs a skill book or speedwing, like bartre. By choosing bartre, you will basically be wasting a body ring and having less skill books/speedwing than you need.

If you're serious about using Steel Axes for the extra power (Killer Axes are for sale the earliest though), anybody not named Gonzales and Douglas can be less weighed down by these things by eating the Body Ring. You could give it to Roy for better combat with Steel Swords and Killing Edges too.

Also, since supports are such a good way of upping your hit rates against high-avo bosses, Echidna x Ward x Lot is actually a support triangle. Ward A Echidna B Lot gives Echidna a whopping +20 hit in addition to her early high skill. If you allow grinding supports, Barret offers Gonzalez a support on the other hand (and so does Echidna), but they don't get any +hit out of it. Gonzo can support both Echidna and Garret to get like 12 extra hit out of it.

The supports between the axers are pretty rich in general, Marcus and Zealot getting the least out of the system (Marcus could always focus on A Roy though) - Percival has a Douglas support at least.

If you're serious about using Steel Axes for the extra power (Killer Axes are for sale the earliest though), anybody not named Gonzales and Douglas can be less weighed down by these things by eating the Body Ring. You could give it to Roy for better combat with Steel Swords and Killing Edges too.

Also, since supports are such a good way of upping your hit rates against high-avo bosses, Echidna x Ward x Lot is actually a support triangle. Ward A Echidna B Lot gives Echidna a whopping +20 hit in addition to her early high skill. If you allow grinding supports, Barret offers Gonzalez a support on the other hand (and so does Echidna), but they don't get any +hit out of it. Gonzo can support both Echidna and Garret to get like 12 extra hit out of it.

The supports between the axers are pretty rich in general, Marcus and Zealot getting the least out of the system (Marcus could always focus on A Roy though) - Percival has a Douglas support at least.

The only axe that weight echidna down is the steel axe? I thought she had less con.

EDIT: It seems like she is weighted down by every axe

EDIT2: I read your post wrongly. Never mind

Edited by Nobody

I guess the only bonus to going Bartre route is Elphin can give + hit to Percival and Douglas via supports whilst Lalum isn't giving jack shit.

You have a point. But 3 Mt is too little to justify a 15 accuracy drop, if you ask me.

You have a point. But 3 Mt is too little to justify a 15 accuracy drop, if you ask me.

It's good for whacking Soldiers and AKs (though Lott and Ward should grow enough str to 2HKO Soldiers with iron) who don't have much avoid. Still probably best on Echidna though (second best character in this run at attacking Mercs besides a blessed Roy, but who knows what growths will kick in).

It's good for whacking Soldiers and AKs (though Lott and Ward should grow enough str to 2HKO Soldiers with iron) who don't have much avoid. Still probably best on Echidna though (second best character in this run at attacking Mercs besides a blessed Roy, but who knows what growths will kick in).

Loldiers and armors would be the least of my worries, really...

Somebody should really add Sacae HM stats to the sticky. Which reminds me. Neither this game's nor FE7's HM stats topic is anywhere close to completion. I guess this community stopped caring about numbers 3 years ago or something.

The axe users aren't sucking as much as I would expect. Lot is actually pretty good.

You're lucky the neutral route is Ilia (you go there if thany and tate have the same exp as shin and sue). Imagine going to sacae with an axe only team. But to be sure, I wouldn't even bother recruiting the latter two, because only the thought of going to sacae with that team is terrifying.

I don't imagine 17/18B to be too terrible because nomads are incredibly weak (most don't even break 20 attack, Troopers have 22-23 tops) and axe users bar Echidna typically have good defense, plus a straggler can just equip Armads. First half of 19 is the same, but the second half is harder due to mages, swordmasters, and Gel being a legitimate nightmare (since I'll probably have to engage him up close). 20 is also hard because the start has two Bolting sages, Killer Ballistae and swordmasters running around. 20x is a case of easy enemies, hard bosses with status staves thrown into the mix.

So yeah, definitely harder than Ilia's piss poor pegasus squads but not impossible and certainly not nightmarish until later.

I'm not sure what to do with Echidna yet, but I'll definitely pair up the Berserkers. Douglas could support Percival and maybe Geese, Zealot is SOL. But it's not like we'll be seeing optimal support triangles since many of them grow at the dreaded 1+1 speed.

FireEmblem684.png

[spoiler=The Battle for Hellmurder Ridge]FireEmblem693.pngFireEmblem694.pngFireEmblem695.png

Why must FE6HM double the enemy bonuses for the first five chapters?

FireEmblem6107.png

Something tells me this is going to suck.

FireEmblem6103.png

I'm ok with this though.

FireEmblem687.pngFireEmblem688.png

You know, instead of running off to god knows where, you could always join us here and now. We wouldn't say no to another healer!

FireEmblem696.png

Getting doubled has never been so amusing.

FireEmblem697.pngFireEmblem691.png

Killing Edge is really useful in this map.

FireEmblem692.pngFireEmblem698.png

/hitrates

FireEmblem699.png

Savestate

FireEmblem6102.pngFireEmblem690.png

All this axe swinging makes Marcus feel ten years younger!

FireEmblem689.png

Not doing his aging brain any favors though...

FireEmblem6104.png

Healers gotta help each other out once in awhile.

FireEmblem6106.pngFireEmblem6111.png

Finally a moment of peace...

FireEmblem6105.pngFireEmblem6108.png

A very short-lived moment of peace.

FireEmblem6110.png

Maybe I should have Roy dodge for all his levels...

FireEmblem6112.pngFireEmblem6114.png

The clusterfuck begins anew!

Used savestate #2 because Lard is a slug and those mercenaries and nomads double him.

FireEmblem6115.png

PULL BACK

FireEmblem6116.png

At least bandits are too dumb to exploit holes.

FireEmblem6117.pngFireEmblem6118.png

BROT

FireEmblem6121.png

This choke point is dangerous.

FireEmblem6120.png

That's the last of the mercs!

FireEmblem6122.pngFireEmblem6125.pngFireEmblem6119.png

Eventually the reinforcements die down and we can actually advance.

FireEmblem6124.png

What's this mage doing in an army of brutes? Did they kidnap him to count their gold?

FireEmblem6128.png

BATTLE OF THE KILLERS

Thinking back I probably shouldn't play FE6 past midnight... at least it makes for a good picture!

FireEmblem6126.png

These old bones still know how to move!

FireEmblem6129.pngFireEmblem6130.png

After a ton of Hand Axe chips with Roy out front he finally goes down.

FireEmblem6127.png

Well, there goes my tactics rank.

If turn counts aren't a concern (unless you intend to speed way up when you have more characters), I don't see a reason not to stop and max some supports immediately. You can get any couple to B in just one map assuming nobody else stands adjacent. Been a while since I last did this (and I definitely didn't need it as much as you do now), it was a quick process to build even the slowest supports by mashing End Turn while turboing.

Can you insta-promote Barth and use him in this run?

I'm not playing particularly fast, but I don't want to spend turns idling without a good reason. At most I'll be grinding supports while killing a stubborn boss the hard way or gathering chests I want.

And no, sadly Barth comes at Level 9 :[

FireEmblem602-2.png

[spoiler=This has nothing to do with crossdressing]FireEmblem601-2.png

This is as much of the prep screen you'll see because it's boring as all hell.

FireEmblem604-2.png

Where were you last chapter, you sexy man?

FireEmblem605-2.png

Nothing that concerns you

FireEmblem607-2.pngFireEmblem608-1.png

Up with axes, down with magic!

FireEmblem606-2.png

damnit roy

FireEmblem610-1.png

damnit lard

FireEmblem609-2.png

BANG

"That is how it's done, Master Roy."

FireEmblem611-2.png

So much vigor for one so old!

FireEmblem612-2.png

No.

FireEmblem614-2.png

Let's try this again...

FireEmblem613-2.png

With Roy hitting this time.

FireEmblem616-2.png

Oh get back here, you pansy!

FireEmblem615-2.png

Weirdest crit in the game.

FireEmblem618-2.pngFireEmblem619-2.png

Several attempts later I finally got something acceptable. It involved him nearly dying.

Again.

FireEmblem621-2.png

obligatory

FireEmblem622-2.png

Imagine how horrible this would be if one wasn't a troubadour.

FireEmblem625-2.png

Whatever, you're not desperate for stat gains.

FireEmblem624-1.pngFireEmblem627-2.png

How about no.

FireEmblem628-2.png

Behold, the most dickish reinforcement add-on in all of Hard Mode!

At least half of them are Goombas.

FireEmblem629-2.png

Goombas that can't stand up to a handicapped Roy.

FireEmblem630-2.png

holy shit ward

FireEmblem631-1.png

Marcus is on a roll today.

FireEmblem632-2.png

And then Ward trolls the boss by mooning him.

MOONING HIM

FireEmblem633-2.png

what hard mode bonuses

FireEmblem636-2.png

Mages now? Really game?

Made a savestate here after they moved because Roy is about to level (and to deal with the boss).

FireEmblem637-2.png

And since Cath used her Vulnerary instead of escaping...

FireEmblem638-2.png

FireEmblem641-2.png

Drat.

It took several tries to get something good. Here are the highlights:

FireEmblem640-2.pngFireEmblem642-2.png

FireEmblem643-2.png

Okay. Could have gained Speed but I'll accept that for now.

FireEmblem644-2.png

And then Marcus took the kill. Good riddance 12 Speed shaman.

FireEmblem639-2.png

Oh, I have plans for you...

FireEmblem646-2.png

On one last note, that enemy faction title is completely inaccurate.

Pretty easy aside from level-ups. Next chapter, though... well, that's why I got those level-ups.

would you be allowed to grind noah in the arena and then promote him for axes

No, it's axes at base or bust. I was planning to use one unit from each class who could promote into axes at one point, but I dropped the idea.

[Chapter 7]

I lost the chapter card and it's to late to go back for it.

[spoiler=Known to some as Chapter ASDF]FireEmblem601-3.png

team

FireEmblem606-3.png

Who else is going to need this?

FireEmblem607-3.pngFireEmblem608-2.pngFireEmblem609-3.png

Still had juuuust enough units to rescue chain Roy into Zealot's range. Everyone else hides.

FireEmblem610-2.pngFireEmblem611-3.png

That robe is already pulling its weight.

FireEmblem613-3.pngFireEmblem614-3.png

Welcome to the team. Now get Roy out of there!

FireEmblem616-3.png

No amount of WTA will ever make the number of Javelins in this chapter okay.

FireEmblem615-3.png

Right in the nuts!

FireEmblem617-2.pngFireEmblem618-3.png

That wasn't a helpful miss, Lot.

FireEmblem619-3.png

At least this hit.

FireEmblem620-2.png

I'm too busy holding the line to recruit the second cavalier duo. They're more useful as green units anyway.

FireEmblem621-3.png

This is as bad as it looks.

FireEmblem624-2.png

LOAD STATE

FireEmblem623-2.pngFireEmblem625-3.pngFireEmblem626-3.png

It took a few tries but eventually I cleared out the back line.

FireEmblem627-3.pngFireEmblem628-3.png

FireEmblem629-3.pngFireEmblem630-3.png

We're in a much better position now.

FireEmblem631-2.png

Well, most of us.

FireEmblem632-3.png

WYVERN AT 3 O'CLOCK

FireEmblem633-3.png

Back us up, Broah!

FireEmblem634-2.pngFireEmblem635-2.png

Decapitation!

FireEmblem636-3.pngFireEmblem637-3.png

Not much I can do right now, this is a war of attrition.

FireEmblem639-3.png

You're not helping your case, you know!

FireEmblem638-3.png

I hate you two.

FireEmblem640-3.png

What a horrible way to go...

FireEmblem642-3.pngFireEmblem643-3.png

In other news, there's another wyvern.

FireEmblem644-3.pngFireEmblem645-2.png

You disappoint me Lot.

FireEmblem646-3.png

HERETIC

FireEmblem647-3.png

Now that most of the enemies are gone I can deal with you.

FireEmblem648-2.pngFireEmblem649-2.png

Good riddance.

FireEmblem651-2.png

B support get!

FireEmblem652-2.png

Oh, hi.

FireEmblem654-2.pngFireEmblem655-2.png

Aside from the Silver Lance guy they weren't a threat.

FireEmblem657-2.png

This is going to Lot once he hits 20.

FireEmblem660-1.pngFireEmblem656-2.png

These two...

FireEmblem653-1.png

Sold off most of the non-sword/axe stuff and stockpiled on Iron/Hand. Boguht some keys at the vendor.

FireEmblem659-2.png

I think I'm ready to face the boss and his devias reinforcement trap.

Made another save state here because Lot's about to level up on the next wave of cavaliers.

FireEmblem661-1.png

Nah.

FireEmblem662-2.png

Okay.

FireEmblem664-2.png

bleh

FireEmblem663-2.pngFireEmblem665-2.pngFireEmblem666-2.png

B Ward + Luck booster = easy finish

FireEmblem667-2.png

Got some heals before seizing.

FireEmblem669-1.png

[spoiler=The Very Loooooong Castle]FireEmblem668-2.png

I hate this map. Not because of any sort of difficulty (barring the boss), but because of how unnecessarily LONG it is.

FireEmblem670-1.png

Go Zealot! Save the recruitbot!

FireEmblem671-1.png

damnit

FireEmblem673-1.png

Never leave a Zealot to do a Marcus's job.

FireEmblem672-1.png

'Tis a sad day when a prepromote needs a Steel Axe to ORKO loldiers.

FireEmblem674-1.png

Lot used Guillotine!

It's a one-hit KO!

FireEmblem675-1.png

I have no idea why I brought you.

FireEmblem676-1.png

B support \o/

FireEmblem677-1.png

Most FEs in a nutshell

And I'd be hard-pressed to call Ward an elite...

FireEmblem678-1.png

Probably don't need it but I'm a packrat so shove it.

FireEmblem679-1.pngFireEmblem680-1.png

If only Rare Candies existed in FE.

FireEmblem681-1.png

I'd leave them there but there are unblockable reinforcements (believe me, I tried) who spawn there on HM.

FireEmblem684-1.png

Fuck this I'm outta here

FireEmblem682-1.png

MEANWHILE

(There was a save state prior to this, naturally.)

FireEmblem683-1.png

IS couldn't go any more wrong with GBA Armor Knights.

Oh wait, Bow Armors. Never mind.

FireEmblem685.png

THE RETURN OF MARCUS'S MUSCLE

FireEmblem686.png

Even with 9 Res mages wear a guy down.

FireEmblem687-1.png

/irony

FireEmblem688-1.pngFireEmblem690-1.png

Asshole reinforcements

FireEmblem689-1.png

I don't like enemy mercenaries.

FireEmblem691-1.png

BROT

FireEmblem692-1.png

This never gets old.

FireEmblem693-1.png

better than hp sauce

FireEmblem694-1.png

Not many problems on this end, Lot came close to dying but he pulled through with his manly 12 Defense and B Ward.

FireEmblem695-1.pngFireEmblem696-1.png

And now, THE MAIN EVENT

FireEmblem697-1.pngFireEmblem698-1.png

He actually hit \o/

FireEmblem699-1.png

IT'S WHAT HE NEEDS

FireEmblem6100.pngFireEmblem6101.png

Well that was anticlimactic.

FireEmblem6102-1.png

Free money!

FireEmblem6103-1.png

And then I grabbed all the chests before seizing. The end.

FireEmblem6105-1.png

[spoiler=The boring side-chapter]FireEmblem6104-1.png

This team layout is getting boring, I want my fun axe users :(:

FireEmblem6106-1.png

At least Roy continues to build up Speed.

FireEmblem6108-1.png

why

FireEmblem6109-1.png

This Lot is so gooooood

FireEmblem6107-1.png

shin level

FireEmblem6110-1.png

Yeah this chapter is so boring there's not much to say up until now.

FireEmblem6111-1.png

This guy is so full of himself.

FireEmblem6112-1.png

mages2week

FireEmblem6113-1.png

THE FLOOR, IT BURNS

FireEmblem6115-1.png

Anyone notice that every gaiden boss (bar those druids in the 20Bx sextuplets) could use the Divine Weapon they guard?

I'm glad they don't.

FireEmblem6114-1.png

x2

And now, save state.

FireEmblem6116-1.png

That didn't take long.

FireEmblem6117-1.pngFireEmblem6118-1.png

lol

Level was crap though, so I gave the kill to someone else.

FireEmblem6119-1.pngFireEmblem6120-1.png

pfffffft

FireEmblem6122-1.png

better on him than roy

FireEmblem6123.png

You can get on with your life now.