Ema Skye

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poll is just to get an idea of what format people want. I'll most likely close it in a week.

I am around for the next hour and 10 minutes for those who want to have their tryout battle.

@PKL: Just slap 5 random overused poke and a filler and call it a day :D Then test it

Well, that wouldn't get me in, would it? I'd have to put thought into the team, which I kinda dont want to do for a game I dont take seriously anymore :V

Putting random team would do much better than my team that is iterally made of

- a failed idea known as Yache Landorus

- random filler, but SR is cool so lets use Stealth Rock here

- "I want a defog, but I'm a hipster and I don't want latias, so lets use Latios"

- "I Like powerful Shadow Balls"

- I don't like taking powerful Shadow Balls

- KyuBee is a pretty cool Dragon, 120 SPA Ice Beam and not afraid of Levitate and Thick fat

Edited by JSND

I chose a 5 common pokemon and mega Banette to start. I then replaced them with stuff that would suit my needs more. I went from Ferro, Forretress, and Excadrill and am now using a lead Dugtrio with stealth rock.

Maybe late, but better late than never

Good game dude

Honestly I feel like I only win because Athena really did not expect chesnaught to really decide the game.

Over the course of the game, he manage to outpredict all of my plays, such as using Ice Punch on my Latios switch in, and most notably, double Ice Beam on Rotom W.

The game is basically decided when I manage to OHKO Genesect at 80%(iirc its lo) thanks to Shadow Ball Aegislash Crit after breaking from freeze

One glaring misplay that I noticed was the misprediction against Scarf Landorus and Chesnaught vs Conkeldurr, but the latter is a 50 50 because chesnaught has sub. Finally, Latias could have played a better role by applying pressure to my noticably Latias weak team

So, overall

Pros:

Athena's prediction is pro nerfplz

Chesnaught manhandles Athena's team

Landorus I being a bro. Honestly its the real mvp of the game

Ice Beam does a clean 30% to Rotom W

Cons:

I suck at predicting

Latias is commited to sudoku

Terrakion literally does nothing

I pick a focal with my teams (like my new one was Mega Pinsir, while my older one is the Rotom-W/Megasaur/Heatran core), and build around it.

Dat Chesnaught. Just... dat Chesnaught.

I'll be open for battles in the next two hours. Then I won't be around till tomorrow afternoon, MST.

Bumping this as the beginning of this thread's life is a project.

I will be offering tryout battles tomorrow from 10am to Noon MST (GMT-7). Tryout battles on Saturday will most likely be in the evening at around 5pm or later.

I *MIGHT* be able to get one of my friends to participate in this. However I won't be able to talk to him about it until tomorrow evening since I fly back to University tomorrow and I'll be travelling from 5AM PST to 6PM EST. He's a pretty competent battler for sure.

I do have the minimum amount of 12 for this to work, so I'm not as worried about getting enough people.

But I'm still totally open to those who want to try for a spot in the league.

Tryouts are over. If you've played a tryout battle, then congrats on getting into the league!

For anyone eagerly awaiting a challenge, I will hopefully have the event starting sometime this week.

And we're ready to go!

Champion: Alfred Kamon
Elite Four: Comet (Water-type) / JSND (Fighting-type) / DualSilverGunner (Steel-type) / Not-An-Apple (Ghost-type)
Gym Leaders: Breezy Kansaki (Flying-type) / LuxSpecs (Dragon-type) / Silver Lightning (Electric-type) / SmogonsLawnMower (Dark-type) / Esme (Poison-type) / Xinnidy (Ice-type) / Shin (Grass-type) / Assurhaddon (Fire-type)
I'd prefer if you used PMs to arrange a battle time, but use the thread if you must. Be sure to report all wins here.
Godspeed Challengers!
Remember that you need to challenge and defeat all eight gyms before you can challenge the elite four.

Good luck to all challengers! I look forward to battling all of you!

EDIT: Would be a good idea to say when I'm available. Even though I'm E4, I'll probably repost this if it gets buried, but I sadly don't have any time during the week for battles. All battles with me will have to be on the weekend.

Edited by DualSilverGunner

I'm available most weekdays after 4:00 Eastern time and most of the time on weekends. I'm look forward to slaughtering accepting challenges! PM me to arrange a time.

Edited by Comet

I'm not quite sure what my schedule will be coming up soon yet (and I'm still hammering out some details for my team), so about the earliest I'll be accepting matches is probably Saturday and Sunday. I'll post again when I know my schedule for next week.

Good luck to all challengers! I'll do my best to provide a nice challenge but remember what they say about playing with lightning....or was it fire? I don't remember..... XD

Edited by Silver Lightning