• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Since angle BOC was just half of angle BOD (which was 53 degrees), I just split that in half to make it 26.5 degrees

edit: I think I wrote the 37 there by accident whoops

Yeah, that blue 37 is out of place, because OCA is obviously obtuse, I overlooked that detail when I gave your solution the okay, because I clearly saw what you were doing with halving the 53 degree angle. Edited by Balcerzak

Since angle BOC was just half of angle BOD (which was 53 degrees), I just split that in half to make it 26.5 degrees

I was puzzled as to how OC split BOD in half, but I think I figured it out.

If OD and OB are the same length (and they are), then BC and CD are the same length.

Then, if CD is the perfect half of DE (which I'm less sure about, but which is what I assumed while looking at the drawing), BC has a length of 0.69

As thus the angle BOD of 53 degrees is split in two haves of 26.5 degrees and we can use trigonometry to find the length of OB.

(only thing is that the blue 37 can't be that since 37 + 26.5 + 90 =/= 180. It should be of 63.5)

Shouldn't all triangles has a combination of angles that equals to 180 degrees?

Yep

Yeah, that blue 37 is out of place, because OCA is obviously obtuse, I overlooked that detail when I gave your solution the okay, because I clearly saw what you were doing with halving the 53 degree angle.

Well it is a minor detail that isn't too important when solving the problem, so I can see why you didn't mention it.

It seemed really obvious to me because teaching that the sums of a triangle's inner angle is 180 is one of the thing that I find myself doing the most.

Yeah, that blue 37 is out of place, because OCA is obviously obtuse, I overlooked that detail when I gave your solution the okay, because I clearly saw what you were doing with halving the 53 degree angle.

I can't do simple math anymore, sorry to fail you friend

No problem, Lux. It was actually a quite clever little setup they had, fun to puzzle out, in my opinion. Give the brain a good old stretch to get back in shape.

Also, hey Naughx!

It was a pretty fun math puzzle. Definitely acted as a rust remover for me.

I can't do simple math anymore, sorry to fail you friend

Blame it on the fact that it's nearly midnight. And you still arrived at the right answer, so don't worry :>

Salute the Sun

No, I don't like that kind of attention

There've been ups and downs. I'm dealing okay overall, at least I think so.

Bal, why is every girl in Aoishiro not named Aoi, Nami, and probably Natsu so annoying?

[10:41:33 PM] Alicia: Nobunaga's Ambition: Takemoto Masae log, 1622 JUL
[10:44:40 PM] Alicia: Today, we took Mobe Castle from the Anto clan. This is most surprising, they were plenty resourceful before, but now their entire resources are gone. My closest General and Leader-in-Chief, Motonobu Sanada, will take up residence in Mobe and construct it back to glory.
[10:46:10 PM] Alicia: However, the Hakodate tribe continues to be a constant bother. But no matter, if they get in our way, I'll send a peacemaker to deal with it. For now, Tokuyama Castle stands next, and I'll have the upmost northren part of Japan. It'll be a long time.. Before I meet him in battle.
[10:46:18 PM] Alicia: Sincerely- Takemoto
[10:53:15 PM] Alicia: http://prntscr.com/8pp6m6
all the land i own: http://prntscr.com/8ppejb

You started there too?

Lol.

Well, my cousin finally got the Game Over. He's a married man now. Because remember kids: In Spanish, we use the same word for Wife and Shackle.

Aw, I missed math stuff. Too bad.

Well, my cousin finally got the Game Over. He's a married man now. Because remember kids: In Spanish, we use the same word for Wife and Shackle.

Oh right, you mentioned that before.

Well, I guess congratulations to him? Maybe. Congratulations and hope no regrets come about. /nottryingtosoundmean

And time for bed for me. Go new books, but so exhausted.

Edited by Hydrangea