• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

22 hours ago, FrostyFireMage said:

Sol is gonna chide me for making Atlas a Mage

Why would I do that now?

21 hours ago, ___ said:

haha, I'm just feeling nostalgic and a little disappointed about some old/recent stuff.

.....which reminds me, there's always new anime every season; always something fun to look forward to.

Oh I see.

Always new animu seasons. Shin Sekai Yori(if that's not Japanese enough for you), if you're wondering what I'm gonna scope. Like Iron Blooded Orphans, I had to pause it for reasons, but picked it back up recently.

3 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I'm almost at the end of the story and I still haven't promoted anyone past Tier 2. :v

Bo(ey)i

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

Kliff for Dread Fighter and Tobin Hood, oh yeah!

Sounds quality

what about gray? 

3 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I'm almost at the end of the story and I still haven't promoted anyone past Tier 2. :v

Bo(ey)i

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

Kliff for Dread Fighter and Tobin Hood, oh yeah!

Sounds quality

what about gray? 

[6:23:15 PM] Adrian ;p.: not the loli i was expecting(Nursery Rhyme)
[6:23:31 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: Hello caster tanks
[6:24:37 PM] Adrian ;p.: but hey another Wada servant
[6:24:49 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: also true
[6:24:50 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: and yet
[6:24:56 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: those hands will never hold Ishtar
[6:25:35 PM] Adrian ;p.: a question
[6:25:44 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: ?
[6:25:52 PM] Adrian ;p.: what time did Rin try to summon Artoria in stay night
[6:26:06 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: Midnight I believe
[6:26:20 PM] Dr. Rudy Mjölnir: Isn't there a specific time for summoning?
[6:26:22 PM] Adrian ;p.: time to prepare a catalyst
[6:26:27 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: I could check UBW if I actually wanted to
[6:28:22 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: Oh
[6:28:24 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: It's 2 AM
[6:28:32 PM] Adrian ;p.: that's fine
[6:28:41 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: Which that's Japan time
[6:28:43 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: Soooo
[6:28:55 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: If we're an hour behind, then it would be 1 AM
[6:29:04 PM] Adrian ;p.: even better
[6:29:50 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: I literally went back to UBW to check
[6:30:06 PM] Adrian ;p.: i was about to check the anime when you told me
[6:30:14 PM] Dr. Rudy Mjölnir: I was about to check it too lol
[6:30:32 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: yea its 1 AM
[6:30:53 PM] Adrian ;p.: okay time to rob a jewelry store
[6:31:03 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: rip

Alright, time to begin Chapter 42.

But first, preparations. At this point, I'll begin to just focus the upgrades and stuff for the units I'll bring to the endgame. Just four chapters left, so better do this now.

So, Chapter 42 doesn't wait. On the way to the Earth Craddle, Torres and Sagweza already detect Machineland emerging from the ground, and the atmosphere starting to change. The Dinosaur Empire has begun their Atmospheric Modification Project, and right now the first line of defense is led by General Bat. He's apparently still dying from Getter Ray Poisoning, seems the Moonlight Butterfly only slowed down the effect; either way, he vows to take the heroes down with him.

And so, the stage begins!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So, enemy variety in this stage.

Zais, Zen II's, Birds, Zuus, Sakis, Zoris, and Gudas. General Bat is in a Guda, with four Birds around him, obviously as Supporters. For once, Dinosaur Empire soldiers appear not piloting Dino-Jets, being in the Zoris and Gudas. And now, the Getter finale begins! Well, for just Alpha Gaiden. Like the Mycenae, this is still not their end Alphaverse-wise.

So, the Dinosaur Empire is the last non-OG faction to fight, at least in the Hard route, so the dinosaurs here are the last non-OG mooks to fight, and our last time fighting non-OG mechs, technically speaking. And I say technically because while this is the last time fighting non-OG enemies as a faction, when it comes to individual mecha... well...

Anyway, this stage has a gimmick, but it won't begin until enemy phase begins. So for now, time to rout!

1 hour ago, Trisitei said:

healers are depressing to roll

except genny

Incorrect, Serra is always great to roll. I also want Elise.

Okay, destroyed the Birds not adyacent to General Bat, and a Zen II. Now, for enemy phase...

And quite suddenly, a beam strikes one of my units, and halves its HP. As the heroes are surprised, Gallery laughs, stating it was Machineland's Magma Cannon. So basically, at the beginning of every enemy phase, the Magma Cannon will target a random unit, and halve its current HP. Every. Single. Turn. For the whole chapter. And it's unavoidable. Yeah, that's bad. Well, if it's anyone who can dodge enemy attacks, it's fine. For those that don't... well, I have Repair units at the ready. 

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay, General Bat still uses the generic boss theme, but since BGM's are tied to the mechas... yep, all Gudas carry it, since I'm getting the BGM even if who I'm fighting are just dinosaur mooks!

Okay, second shot of the Magma Cannon was to Isamu and his YF-19... or was Hikaru and the VF-11B? Couldn't see well. Anyway, destroyed a couple more Mechasauruses. But that's enough for today, I'll continue some other.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I got an isomnia and have a migraine now thanks to Echoes.

It never has been my intention to play VGs with the target to get health issues, but this game did a great job in this.

Honestly it never happened, if I didn't see the stupid Gamestop offer in my e-mails.