Toa's Sprites

Toa

Qdzxyeg.png

Zeppelin for BBSSIV. Made some fixes to the side wing after recording.

[spoiler=Video!]

No music because lazy. Also there's some random breaks, because lazy.

Edited by Toa

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one question... is it made... of led lead? ;)

Definitely cool idea once again, Toa. Think you've probably had some of the most interesting entries so far... Loving the creativity! :D

(Maybe should have some sort of small shadow somewhere far below? I dunno)

I like it, at the current rate IS will need to release more trailers so we can sprite more :P

My hopes have been realized.

yChIcKw.png

Camille joins the GBA party! I might try to do more in her body put my screenshot of her portrait just has her body as a black mass.

[spoiler=reference]

cwsNU05.png

I wasn't lying.

I plan to do the Dark Knight looking guy next and then the little sister. Someone else can do Hoshido :P

My hopes have been realized.

yChIcKw.png

Camille joins the GBA party! I might try to do more in her body put my screenshot of her portrait just has her body as a black mass.

[spoiler=reference]

cwsNU05.png

I wasn't lying.

I plan to do the Dark Knight looking guy next and then the little sister. Someone else can do Hoshido :P

YAAAASSSS! Can i put her in my sig? Can i?

• 2 weeks later...

7BdOT0U.png

Dark knight joins team Nohr. I can't get a good read on this guy, on the box art he looks creepy/insane(I think he has blond eyes there, we don't even do that with 16 colors), but in the trailer he looks pretty normal, though he has oddly slanted eyes. I also have NO IDEA how his armor is supposed to work, sometimes it looks like there's trim in places, sometimes it doesn't. Apparently he has a cape, but just on the box? Give official art or portraits, IS please.

Edited by Toa

Hmm...thats one i'd return to once better art of him shows up. Right now, his eyes are way too far apart. His expression isnt working well, and he looks naked under his robes there.

Hooooooooly shit his eyes were far apart o.o Didn't really notice because of the hair in the middle

d9rIH5n.png

there's one thing fixed. Don't really know what you mean about him being naked, is his armor just not bulky enough?

Edited by Toa

rZ21kPv.png

Masked guy, who's hair gets in the way of his eye holes. Talk about limited visibility.

Vh3jCgP.png

Winged Hussar for BBSSV

QLWlp9n.png

Conquest version of Lyn WIP. Weird having and trying to use more colors.

• 2 weeks later...

zjK7dCG.png

Used the new famitsu stuff to fix up the newly named LEON. Pictures weren't extremely helpful for the body, but the mystery of the cape is solved, and I think he has a better expression and hair now.

Thing is, he has bug eyes now. I mean, that's the only thing majorly wrong with it. You did a good job on the armor; it looks really neat and clean. I see a few mistakes on the hair that you might have missed cleaning up, mostly on the left side.

... Did you cut out a shade of brown from the skin tone to allow for more detail on the rest of the face? There's that, and the fact that the colours you're using for the clothes are more saturated than the outline.

Rxvcjxy.png

Smaller eyes, lighter color, fewer hair leftovers. I don't use the 5th skin tone (indicated by the arrow) very much, mostly for jawlines, eyes and eyebrows, and since his jaw is mostly obscured by armor and his eyebrows by hair there isn't very much. I think he's still 1 under the color limit, palette crunching isn't really necessary. Is that bad?