Hyrule Warriors

kingddd

I don't see her as being bitchy about it, just annoyed. And I honesly agree with her, because this opinion seems to appear in every topic you appear in and can get tiresome pretty quickly. It also really bums me out when I see something really cool only for you to comment "eh, it should've been x" or something similar. :<

And I'm not trying to start any arguments by saying it, just kind of asking you to tone it down a notch. :<

More on topic, I'd honestly like to see Skull Kid be playable as an MM rep, although I'm afraid he might be one of the only viable playable reps from MM :c

Well, it's still an opinion, regardless of how many times I say it. I don't remember saying it much lately anyway, so I really don't know what you're talking about.

Skull Kid would be a villain and wearing the MM itself if he's in this game, I think. I hope for Kafei anyway. He could use the masks and he's one of the few characters in MM that I liked.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes two (or more) of us, then, because I (and I imagine others) are not upset or angry over this too, and you seem to think we are, which is simply not the case. I'm pretty sure that Soledai will agree and that he meant no ill will by what he said and he too, like me, and as he said, fails to see the point in arguing representation, not that I'm butthurt over it. By the way, I used 'incensed' as exaggeration, as I don't think you're literally foaming at the mouth (I would hope not), but you have responded rather passionately. Should you work on it? I dunno, up to you to decide.

Err, the problem here is you completely misinterpreting my posts - I don't even think you know what kind of point I'm trying to make. I never said or implied you (or anyone else for that matter) was upset or angry over this. This is actually quite a few times you've made these assumptions and got them completely wrong. It really doesn't matter if you have ill will or not, that's completely irrelevant. Have at it if it makes 'em feel better. And I assume the two quotes you done afterwards were an attempt to make me realize I sounded angry? Unfortunately, I'm not seeing it. Making a post about a discussion you don't want to see is a problem related to the person posting, not the people having the conversation. Similarly, it is ridiculous people are agreeing with a post about a non-issue.

Using the example I provided before, if someone posted that Hyrule Warriors shouldn't have a high male over female ratio and people agreed to it, I assure you I'll be posting that they're being silly.

You know, I wouldn't have bothered otherwise, but here you go.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/07/22/sheik-darunia-and-princess-ruto-represent-ocarina-of-time-in-hyrule-warriors/ - Sheik, Darunia, and Princess Ruto "Represent" Ocarina of Time in Hyrule Warriors - you listed this, but is it not also talking about representation of a specific Zelda game, unless I'm mistaken, right?

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii-u/hyrule_warriors_tentative_title?start=840 - So far we've gotten Ocarina of time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword representations with characters, levels, and weapons and I'm guessing either Majora's Mask or Wind Waker will be next, but I wonder if they'll put in any representation from the 2-D games like a Link to the Past or the Oracle games.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/745183-hyrule-warriors/69631603 - I hope we get more Majora's Mask representation. - is it not relevant when they are simply hoping for any Majora's Mask character?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/745183-hyrule-warriors/69513076 - This game needs more Majoras Mask representation than just Skullkid&TheMoon

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/745183-hyrule-warriors/69614800 - I predict Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask representation is next.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/745183-hyrule-warriors/69774326 - Future Twilight Princess Reps

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/745183-hyrule-warriors/69715766 - Majoras Mask reps

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/745183-/69776343 - Hoping they reveal a Majora's Mask character on Monday.

http://puu.sh/aD5OT/af82454345.png - 2D And Toon Zelda representation.

http://puu.sh/aD5SV/175476aa8f.png - TP representation.

The last two puushes are from Koei Warriors, a Warriors series fansite that have a section for Hyrule Warriors now, by the way.

Now before I continue, let me clarify. As I said multiple times before, ShadowofChaos was making a complaint about people arguing about Zelda representation. Thus, he's complaining about an issue he perceived that I am saying doesn't exist. Not only do the links you provide show that you don't understand this, but also raises the question why you're even replying to me?
This is not a conversation about character representation in Hyrule Warriors, this is a conversation about how people complaining about arguments regarding Hyrule Warrior's roster don't exist. All you did was list rather irrelevant threads and quotes that don't have anything to do with the point you're trying to disagree with. ShadowofChaos was complaining about an issue he had with one of the posts either I or Anacybele made about character representation in Hyrule Warriors. As defined in the Oxford Dictionary site, an issue is 'An important topic or problem for debate or discussion'.
Now with that out of the way, to find an issue with my statement, you would have to link articles, threads and similar of people complaining about character representation between the three games in Hyrule Warriors. For example, someone believes that Skyward Sword isn't getting as much representation as TP or OoT. Similarly, they might be complaining about TP not getting enough representation, etc. Anything along those lines, really. You however, instead decide to post links of which discuss how a character is representing a series which has nothing to do with the issue at hand.
People hoping for Skull Kid, people speculating future Twilight Princess reps, people wanting Groose, people stating that there's representation between the three games; none of that at all relates to the claim I made.

This 'issue' that I'm talking about exists. (wow, I can do it too!)

Here's a funny article that I found on my journeys (5 minutes) for kicks:

http://pulp365.com/2014/07/24/how-team-ninja-fixing-perception-hyrule-warriors/

And this one I found rather funny considering SSB:

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/92882946416/i-know-the-chances-are-unlikely-for-a-hyrule-warriors

Sadly, you can't do it. You can however misinterpret people to believe what you want to see and argue without knowing what they're arguing about. The fact that you even referred to it as an issue here means I did actually make myself as clear as possible, you however chose to ignore it and post irrelevant links to promote a notion that you don't know what you're talking about. The links you provide prove that people see the game is representing Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Not once was there any form of complaint with the roster. It's somewhat humourous that you compare this to Smash Bros Series as people complaining about character representation is something that happens quite often. Whether it's Fire Emblem getting too many reps, DK not enough, Kid Icarus not deserving two and so on, so forth. I'd actually understand if people were sick of people discussing over/under representation in the Smash Bros series, but this isn't the case. Not even close.

I mean, aside from the argument "if you don't like it, don't look at/watch it" being a horrible argument that I can't be bothered getting into, is it not hypocritical to say that if people don't like something that they shouldn't say anything about it but throw up your hands when people tell you to ignore their posts if you don't like what they respond with. Just so you know, I wasn't seriously making the argument that you should ignore mine or anyone else's posts if you don't like them, but I think it was relevant to show you that it is rather hypocritical. You know, shadowofchaos didn't even directly point you out. He made a post that wasn't directed at you specifically and you decided to respond to it. Why? You could have just ignored it, right?

I can't really be bothered getting into more so if you do respond then I will probably not reply unless you do say something I find egregious.

You shouldn't call hypocrisy until you know what you're arguing against or what point you're making (both of which you done wrong). It's actually very obvious who ShadowofChaos was referring too out of me and Anacybele, I don't think there'd be many people who'd get that one wrong. I don't reply to posts I don't want to, so there's no hypocrisy at all. Considering you're throwing the accusation of me being a hypocrite out, you're clearly assuming that I'm offended or dislike ShadowofChaos's post, which is (again) wrong. Disagreeing with a post and disliking it are two completely different things.

Feel free to ignore my posts however, I find it interesting how stating Shiek, Darunia and Ruto represent Ocarina of Time or wanting Skull Kid is considered a debate about character representation to you, so I would love to see your reply!

Can you point out where I meant specifically here in this post?

And trying to use timing of the post doesn't work.

How you interpret my and post and what I actually mean are two different things. It's funny that you say this when you misinterpreted mine.

Quite this, I've seen a lot of these rep "debates" like what was linked there, but I don't really mind how he feels about what I said.

I don't see the point and that's all I meant it as, so you get it.

Nice try, but no cigar my friend. I didn't misinterpret anything. You agreed and made a claim that is completely false. I was pointing that out. I don't need to 'excuse' anything, I quoted you because you were the most recent to do so. If someone done it after, I would've quoted them, but the general message would still apply to you.

Considering he didn't link a single 'rep debate', you comment is pretty hilarious. What he actually linked were discussions about representation. Not a single one of them was a debate. Did you even click his links?

Edited by SlipperySlippy

You and I clearly have a disconnect. I try to stick to a rule where if I'm arguing or debating with someone and I don't see anything changing, I'm usually out of there in three posts, especially with people as stubborn as you or I. Works pretty well for me. I don't really have a desire to continue it, considering it'll take me a bunch of time and effort to perhaps convince 1 (one) person, and likely none.

I like how you pointed out the extra links that I put in there for humour. Lighten up. You can now proceed to call me wrong some more or something.

Edited by Tryhard

Nice try, but no cigar my friend. I didn't misinterpret anything. You agreed and made a claim that is completely false. I was pointing that out. I don't need to 'excuse' anything, I quoted you because you were the most recent to do so. If someone done it after, I would've quoted them, but the general message would still apply to you.

Considering he didn't link a single 'rep debate', you comment is pretty hilarious. What he actually linked were discussions about representation. Not a single one of them was a debate. Did you even click his links?

Well, you did again, but I'll let you figure out what you keep misinterpreting, so what's this claim I made?

I don't think; "Honestly failing to see the point in arguing 'representation'" is making a claim of any kind, you're assuming I was referring to you and are upset about it, you're trying to apply it to yourself just to make an argument.

Didn't link a debate eh?... If I'm not mistaken... those links take you to the debates... no wait, discussions, you wanted.

debate is a synonym of discussion, in case you didn't know.

Edited by Soledai

Well, you did again, but I'll let you figure out what you keep misinterpreting, so what's this claim I made?

I don't think; "Honestly failing to see the point in arguing 'representation'" is making a claim of any kind, you're assuming I was referring to you and are upset about it, you're trying to apply it to yourself just to make an argument.

Didn't link a debate eh?... If I'm not mistaken... those links take you to the debates... no wait, discussions, you wanted.

debate is a synonym of discussion, in case you didn't know.

So basically, I'm misinterpreting your two posts, but you can't explain how? Not only that, you're saying you fail to see the point in arguing representation, which isn't happening here (nor has there been any links prior to this post). Now I'm sure you mean in general, so not limited to this game, however you were agreeing with a post that did limit itself to this thread (let alone the Hyrule Warriors community in general) which is a topic unrelated to Hyrule Warriors. Although sadly I am also included in this, as this topic has been derailed by this 'debate', even if the origination of said debate was in relation to Hyrule Warriors.

And no, they don't. There isn't a debate on character representation in any of the links he sent. You probably didn't even click them. And whilst you may be able to classify every debate as a discussion, you can't classify every discussion as a debate. Not that it matters, unless you saying all those discussions he linked are a debate which is absolutely ludicrous. I'm sure you're not however, which raises the question on why you even said it in the first place?

Edited by SlipperySlippy

I'm sad too that I wasted my time trying to point out where you were wrong, though you almost figured it out...

I'm pretty sure I did, though it doesn't matter since I'm not wasting my time with this anymore, the only "ludicrous" thing here, is the insistence that there isn't any debates about this with proof right there, whether or not you accept it... and while we're coining fancy phrases, don't try to pass off your opinion/interpretation as fact.

Wasn't there a Hyrule Warriors livestream today/coming up?

I'm sad too that I wasted my time trying to point out where you were wrong, though you almost figured it out...

I'm pretty sure I did, though it doesn't matter since I'm not wasting my time with this anymore, the only "ludicrous" thing here, is the insistence that there isn't any debates about this with proof right there, whether or not you accept it... and while we're coining fancy phrases, don't try to pass off your opinion/interpretation as fact.

Wasted your time? Your posts accumulated held very little content and came with avoiding every question or disagreement that came your way. You didn't even read the posts properly, since you went on a whim and believed the links he posted contained actual debates or complaints regarding character representation in Hyrule Warriors when they were actually peoples wishlists, people happy over the new choices, people summarizing new character announcements and saying what game they are representing.

By the way, telling someone to not pass off their opinion/interpretation as fact isn't coming close to fancy.

Edit: As I mentioned in my last post, this is getting off topic and out of hand. Since your original post seems to be unrelated to the conversation about Hyrule Warriors, but rather about how fans in general complain about representation of a series in these spin-off series, I suggest making a new thread instead.

Edited by SlipperySlippy

I really want this more than any other crossover, collab, what have you, in gaming

If that would have happened, I probably was looking forward to hearing JP voice actors for the earlier lords.

Can you imagine Dheg (in EN or JP) in his authoritative voice absolutely destroying generics?

GOLDOA WILL NOT MOVE!

I'm also loving the costume gameplay... even if I'm late to the party.

Why in the flying fuck does SS Zelda use the WIND WAKER? She already has a harp. :/

First the developers pick Agitha over Ashei and now this. Are they smoking weed or something?

Why in the flying fuck does SS Zelda use the WIND WAKER? She already has a harp. :/

First the developers pick Agitha over Ashei and now this. Are they smoking weed or something?

Well this is a non canon game. Anything can go. Also maybe for variety?

Well this is a non canon game. Anything can go. Also maybe for variety?

Using a musical instrument is fine variety. I just find giving Zelda one she never had instead of the one she DID have to be dumb. Now I don't want to play SS Zelda anymore because I hated TWW. Sigh...

Did you guys forget what we mentioned earlier in the thread?

"Koei can do whatever they want."

This is essentially a Koei game with Zelda IP.

This is why I essentially feel like an elitist.

Zelda fans need to know how a Dynasty Warriors game just says "nope" to all "sense".

Otherwise you're all going to get disappointed.

Edited by shadowofchaos

If that would have happened, I probably was looking forward to hearing JP voice actors for the earlier lords.

Can you imagine Dheg (in EN or JP) in his authoritative voice absolutely destroying generics?

GOLDOA WILL NOT MOVE!

I'm also loving the costume gameplay... even if I'm late to the party.

There's something about Ocarina of Time Zelda and Link that's just......off putting. I can't explain it but they look weird.

There's something about Ocarina of Time Zelda and Link that's just......off putting. I can't explain it but they look weird.

It threw me off a little, considering I'm used to seeing all the polygons with them.

That doesn't mean they should make stupid choices.

"Stupid choices" is entirely subjective.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Zelda does use a harp in Hyrule Warrior.

She's just dressed as Sheik.

Except that's not who I'm talking about. That's an entirely different Zelda. Also, it doesn't matter. I'm saying I would have rather played as SS Zelda using the harp, not Sheik using the harp.

Edited by Anacybele

That doesn't mean they should make stupid choices.

Koei will try to keep things as close to the Zelda franchise as they possibly can, but there is a reason it's a non-canon game - they are probably going to mess up at least a few things since they are not Zelda lorekeepers themselves. That or they will bend it because they have the chance to. The little things always frustrate with Koei's games - but I do forget about them when I actually play the games, as they are almost always exclusively gameplay-oriented. Edited by Tryhard

Koei will try to keep things as close to the Zelda franchise as they possibly can, but there is a reason it's a non-canon game - they are probably going to mess up at least a few things since they are not Zelda lorekeepers themselves. That or they will bend it because they have the chance to. The little things always frustrate with Koei's games - but I do forget about them when I actually play the games, as they are almost always exclusively gameplay-oriented.

Isn't Aonuma helping out though? He could've told them everything they need to know. But I suppose.