Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Tournament Hub (Please see post #1644)

Ema Skye

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we wait...8 days...;_;

I've been challenging myself to see how far I can get in a 100% run of Xenoblade Chronicles before the game is released to pass the time. It's really helped, and I've almost finished the 100% run. So just find some challenge or game to play until the release.

Edited by Shulk

Doofina, I thought the plan was to have separate threads for each tournament, and have links to them in the OP of the HQ thread?

Maybe I'm just used to how it's handled in the Mafia forum.

also would an SF SSB4 tournament Skype chat be a Good Thing to have? for like announcing/discussing tournaments and coordinating things and whatnot?

Sure. :D

I'm in. ^.^

Eng Version 5300-8740-4544(I can possibly record some of the matches too.)

Good no items. We have no need for them using these disallowed ones are for wimps/newbs. Many of us (like me) have never had any need for them.

Example...

What should be allowed...

-Final Smash Ball(Mainly, only this.)

-Pokeball(Sends in fair Pokemon to deal with)

-Sandbag

-Food

-Maximum Tomato

-Heart Container

-Fairy Bottle

-Bunny Hood

-Beam Sword

-Lip's Stick

-Star Rod

-Fire Bar

-Wind Stick(The grey stick that shoots wind)

-Super Scope

-Laser Gun

-Fire Flower

-Morphing Ball

-Bomb-Chu

-Cross Exploder

-Deku Nut

-Freezie

--Smoke Ball

-Fire Ball

-Mr.Saturn

-Green Shell

-Banana Peel

-Spring

-Soccer/Basket Ball

-Varia Suit

-Pow Block

-Blue Boomerang

-Hornet's Nest

-Hylian Shield

-Screw Attack

-Racoon Leaf

-Jetpack

-S Sign

What should be disallowed/banned...

-Assist Trophies(They interfere with the competing environment too much and make the matches too unpleasant.)

-Masterball(OP Pokemon really ruins the competing experience)

-Cross Hairs((The one you have to collect three items to activate it. It should be banned because it instantly kills anything that it touches.)

-Blaster Gun(It ranges most of the screen and it instantly kills anything that it touches.)

-Regular Boxes(They often carry too much items for help.)

-Exploding Boxes(They kill anything to whoever sets it off.)

-Super Mushroom(It gives your opponents a disadvantage and makes the user harder to kill.)

-Poison Mushroom(It gives your opponents an advantage over the user)

-Warp Star(It likely kills anything instantly that it hits and is hard to predict on how to dodge it.)

-Starman(OP. Makes you completely invincible for a limited time.)

-Metal Box(OP. Makes you harder to knockout against your opponents.)

-Flammable Food(Makes it hard to counter easily breaking shields and it never stops flaming until the item is done.)

-Slow Watch(Slows down the battle for your opponents giving the user normal speed.)

-Thunderbolt(Shrinks all opponents weakening them except the user a big advantage.)

-Bullet Bill(Instantly kills anything that it touches.)

-Hammer(Too OP and hard to stop.)

-Fast Hammer(Too OP and hard to stop.)

-Baseball Bat(Instantly kills anything that it hits.)

-Air Gun(Using this can brush opponents offstage and once used in the corner, the opponent cannot recover and he/she will die.)

-Drill(It instantly brushes whoever it hits offstage.)

-Bomb-Omb(Instantly kills anything that it hits above 30% and can be used as a throwing weapon to make it worse.)

-Explosive Device(Too OP and the radious is too wide to make it justifiable to use.)

-Pit hole(It traps whoever it hits leaving him/her helpless for ten seconds to buy your opponent time to using a finishing move on you.)

-Blue Spike(It instantly kills anything that it hits with opponents wasted above 60%)

-Blue Shell(It targets one of your opponents making it near impossible to dodge and can kill instantly.)

-Cucco(They run a muk across the stage everywhere instantly annihilating all opponents whoever gets hit by them.)

-Space Invader(It carries opponents to their dooms if they get hit by it's beam rays.)

-Franklin Badge(It reflects all projectiles off of you while that the item is in effect.)

These shouldn't be in, because it doesn't make you a champion/good player by winning with any of these items.

But no items makes it that much more interesting and better.

Edited by PuffPuff

Sure. :D

I'm in. ^.^

Eng Version 5300-8740-4544(I can possibly record some of the matches too.)

Good no items. We have no need for them using these disallowed ones are for wimps/newbs. Many of us (like me) have never had any need for them.

Example...

What should be allowed...

-Final Smash Ball(Mainly, only this.)

-Pokeball(Sends in fair Pokemon to deal with)

-Sandbag

-Food

-Maximum Tomato

-Heart Container

-Fairy Bottle

-Bunny Hood

-Beam Sword

-Lip's Stick

-Star Rod

-Fire Bar

-Wind Stick(The grey stick that shoots wind)

-Super Scope

-Laser Gun

-Fire Flower

-Morphing Ball

-Bomb-Chu

-Cross Exploder

-Deku Nut

-Freezie

--Smoke Ball

-Fire Ball

-Mr.Saturn

-Green Shell

-Banana Peel

-Spring

-Soccer/Basket Ball

-Varia Suit

-Pow Block

-Blue Boomerang

-Hornet's Nest

-Hylian Shield

-Screw Attack

-Racoon Leaf

-Jetpack

-S Sign

What should be disallowed/banned...

-Assist Trophies(They interfere with the competing environment too much and make the matches too unpleasant.)

-Masterball(OP Pokemon really ruins the competing experience)

-Cross Hairs((The one you have to collect three items to activate it. It should be banned because it instantly kills anything that it touches.)

-Blaster Gun(It ranges most of the screen and it instantly kills anything that it touches.)

-Regular Boxes(They often carry too much items for help.)

-Exploding Boxes(They kill anything to whoever sets it off.)

-Super Mushroom(It gives your opponents a disadvantage and makes the user harder to kill.)

-Poison Mushroom(It gives your opponents an advantage over the user)

-Warp Star(It likely kills anything instantly that it hits and is hard to predict on how to dodge it.)

-Starman(OP. Makes you completely invincible for a limited time.)

-Metal Box(OP. Makes you harder to knockout against your opponents.)

-Flammable Food(Makes it hard to counter easily breaking shields and it never stops flaming until the item is done.)

-Slow Watch(Slows down the battle for your opponents giving the user normal speed.)

-Thunderbolt(Shrinks all opponents weakening them except the user a big advantage.)

-Bullet Bill(Instantly kills anything that it touches.)

-Hammer(Too OP and hard to stop.)

-Fast Hammer(Too OP and hard to stop.)

-Baseball Bat(Instantly kills anything that it hits.)

-Air Gun(Using this can brush opponents offstage and once used in the corner, the opponent cannot recover and he/she will die.)

-Drill(It instantly brushes whoever it hits offstage.)

-Bomb-Omb(Instantly kills anything that it hits above 30% and can be used as a throwing weapon to make it worse.)

-Explosive Device(Too OP and the radious is too wide to make it justifiable to use.)

-Pit hole(It traps whoever it hits leaving him/her helpless for ten seconds to buy your opponent time to using a finishing move on you.)

-Blue Spike(It instantly kills anything that it hits with opponents wasted above 60%)

-Blue Shell(It targets one of your opponents making it near impossible to dodge and can kill instantly.)

-Cucco(They run a muk across the stage everywhere instantly annihilating all opponents whoever gets hit by them.)

-Space Invader(It carries opponents to their dooms if they get hit by it's beam rays.)

-Franklin Badge(It reflects all projectiles off of you while that the item is in effect.)

These shouldn't be in, because it doesn't make you a champion/good player by winning with any of these items.

But no items makes it that much more interesting and better.

many of us, like me, have no need for smash balls either

We have no need for them using these final smashes are for wimps/newbs.

j/s

really though is there a reason you feel a need to post your personal list of items that you like everywhere you go, like a door-to-door evangelist going thread to thread to preach the word of God to everyone?

instead of, y'know, going with the whole "tournament host makes the rules, if you don't like any of them, make your own" thing

like I'm not sure what you think you're going to accomplish by posting a list of items you personally think are ~okay~ and then some passive-aggressive insults towards people who do use them

Hosting Application

• The date you want to host your tournament on and how long you will need your tournament to be.
  • The specific rules for your tournament (character restrictions, stage restrictions, stock vs time, items, single or double elimination, etc).
  • How many participants you will be having.
  • Leaderboard points awarded for good performance (see below for the leaderboard)

this sort of "host makes the rules" isn't exactly something Doofina invented, either

Edited by Euklyd

So I hope the internet at Hastings is good enough for me on that Saturday. If not one of the replacements may need to stand in just in case

I hope the Internet there is good on Saturday. Both you and SecondWorld are the two main people I want to battle against. You've played much of Melee and Project M, so it won't be easy. But even if I win or lose, I'll still have a smashing time!

Edited by Ace Gamer

I may have to have a substitute step in for me too because I'm going to try competing in one of the GameStop local tournaments, which are being held at 11AM local time on the same day as this one. I can be back in time for this tourney if I get knocked out and come home before then or I wind up not being able to join at all, but besides that, yeah.

Edited by Anacybele

I hope the Internet there is good on Saturday. Both you and SecondWorld are the two main people I want to battle against. You've played much of Melee and Project M, so it won't be easy. But even if I win or lose, I'll still have a smashing time!

Its good win or lose!

Also I have plenty of experience with 64 and Brawl too so :P

Ok.

If spots aren't taken, I'd like to be a participant.

My FC is on the 2nd page here, or in the Smash 3DS FC topic.

Edited by PuffPuff

Updated the OP with all of the subs. Let me know if I missed you.

I've also included the tournament bracket in the OP, though it is subject to change if subs are needed.

Edited by Doofina