Do you think someone's avatar can help "define" them?

Draco

What I mean is...

Do you think someone would choose an avatar that would fit their personality? And as such, do you think that someone that doesn't know said person could assume their personality, based on the features of their avatar?

For example, if someone you didn't know had an avatar that was of a depressed-looking male, you might think that person would be kind of sad IRL and/or a male, right?

And if someone else had a smiling, happy looking person, they might seem more approachable?

For one, I think my current one makes me look like a Lovable Rogue.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think they would. I mean, I kinda do that, so I'm sure most other people would do the same.

Also, about the personality thing, that's a bit harder. All the content that a person has on their profile is a representation of them (Or at least the way they act online.), but that's not always the case. Some people might act a lot differently than what their avatar, signature, etcetera would suggest. It's a good way to get a first impression of someone on the WORLD WIDE WEB, though.

My avatar and profile are meant to convey the things that I love.

I love Air TV, that anime had me crying like a bitch. Hence my Avi.

I love .Hack to pieces. Hence my location and member title.

Jade is my favorite "Tales of" character.

Hector is not my favorite lord but he had the coolest sprite of all my favorite lords.

Yeah, I think they would. I mean, I kinda do that, so I'm sure most other people would do the same.

Also, about the personality thing, that's a bit harder. All the content that a person has on their profile is a representation of them (Or at least the way they act online.), but that's not always the case. Some people might act a lot differently than what their avatar, signature, etcetera would suggest. It's a good way to get a first impression of someone on the WORLD WIDE WEB, though.

Your avi fits you so well. I can't describe it, it's just... Pleasant.

uh

edit: i'm slightly worried considering the fact that i usually have pichu as my avatar

Edited by Cornet

Your avi fits you so well. I can't describe it, it's just... Pleasant.

Thanks, man! I love it so much. I don't see myself changing it anytime soon.

I asked my mom if I could get red contacts when I was in high school, but she said no. : <

Don't worry, my mother said I can't flaunt my rear end in public, but I sure showed her!

I Define people by their avatars most time and almost all time when theres a person i dont know very well. when i get in a good friendship i stop to mind it much

Edited by Thɇ Icarūsu Lørd