Codename S.T.E.A.M

Jedi

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw this video that was posted from GameXplain and I did see the credits have all the Codename S.T.E.A.M. casts and even the credits roles for the four Fire Emblem characters with Marth's voiced by Yuri Lowenthal, Ike is still voiced by Jason Adkins, Robin is only voiced by David Vincent, and Lucina is voiced by Laura Bailey (that she's credited in this game), since nobody mention it in this thread.

Speaking of which that they only showed Robin have David Vincent in the credits that makes him the only voice actor voicing Robin in the game's credits that it makes me think we only have to play the male Robin?

Edited by King Marth 64

Whaaat, Ike doesn't sound like Jason Adkins, he sounds less deep! I mean, I know voices change some with age, but I thought a man's voice got deeper as he got older, not less deep. o.O

If that's Adkins, he got better at sounding emotional and such though! And I knew he could! ^^

Edited by Anacybele

Speaking of which that they only showed Robin have David Vincent in the credits that makes him the only voice actor voicing Robin in the game's credits that it makes me think we only have to play the male Robin?

Well, they never showed off female Robin in the gameplay video of the FE characters, and female Robin does not have an amiibo.

Whaaat, Ike doesn't sound like Jason Adkins, he sounds less deep! I mean, I know voices change some with age, but I thought a man's voice got deeper as he got older, not less deep. o.O

If that's Adkins, he got better at sounding emotional and such though! And I knew he could! ^^

His name was shown in the credits that I linked it from my previous post and goes to the time-frame on the Fire Emblem characters cast section.

EDIT: Here's the screenshot to show the proof that Jason did voiced Ike in Code Name: S.T.E.A.M..

Ike%20Code%20Name%20S.T.E.A.M.%20credits

Edited by King Marth 64

Yeah, I skipped through the video myself to see that (I didn't want to spoil myself of the ending). I'm pleasantly surprised! Adkins has such a fitting voice for Ike, and I'm glad to see he's gotten better at his voice acting. Not perfect, since it still should be a liiittle deeper, but that's a small nitpick. :P

First impression since I finally got the game and I am definitely enjoying it a lot more than the original demo. The same problem still exists in the tutorial missions where they didn't fix the very defensive nature of one of the maps in the game and it is still a pain to go through with only 2 characters. However once you get past that map everything gets much easier and the 2nd mission requires a more balance of offensive and defensive tactics and that I can much more appreciate compared to the first mission of the game. However some missions will require you to only deploy 2 or 3 guys instead of 4 to play because of newcomer units will join you later in the chapter. Once you do beat the mission and replay it though you can bring back any of your 4 units so that is nice. I was wondering why I couldn't bring my amiibos with me on my 2nd mission since I was allowed to scan my amiibos but I found out it was because the mission was restricting me from bringing more than 2 units and wouldn't allow me to select my amiibos since I already selected Henry and John.

The amiibos I haven't really gotten a chance to play too much with them but lucky enough you can play with them in the main story so you don't have to worry about beating the main mission first before you can use the amiibos in the same said mission.

The same problems from the demo definitely still persist however it's definitely one of those games where you can play and do something else while the enemy is moving. Yes you can fast forward that phase with select button but the difference is really unnoticeable unless there is tons of aliens.

I've been playing this game off and on. Though I think alien overwatch can die in a fire, I don't mind the combat system too much. The story's hilarious, and I like some of the subtleties that were thrown into the game. The real MVP is:

the steampunk prinnies

I've been playing this game off and on. Though I think alien overwatch can die in a fire, I don't mind the combat system too much. The story's hilarious, and I like some of the subtleties that were thrown into the game. The real MVP is:

the steampunk prinnies

I love the ET reference they put in one of the bullets.

In terms of playable characters so far, I'm enjoying Scarecrow, Tom Sawyer and Lion the most. Scarecrow's stun immunity and his pumpkin bombs help with crowd control and Tom's overwatch with his punching arm works so much better not to mention his main special is great if there is a crowd of aliens coming towards you. I've been using these two none stop. However out of all the party members I have been using so far, John Henry kind of sucks. The mortar doesn't really help much as scattering the enemies around can make more problems then actually helping not to mention the amount of steam it uses is not worth it for majority of the cases I have used it. Lily's healing while good doesn't really offer much considering it is better to heal from save points rather than continuously use steam to cover your health.

So far, I have gotten up to mission 8 and I'm enjoying the game a lot more than I expected. I like how you cannot really cheese the game and it really requires a lot of patience to play this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNBAKQp7GZw

8:43

Learning to operate a tank. Something that isn't from his era. He's already adapting to our enviroment. All of us would love to show him around if he were real and to fall into our area. Especially, Marth since he is from an era that is kill or be killed. Waiting for the perpetual device to come out before I play the game as I'm not getting the New 3DS XL.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13260/~/answers-to-top-amiibo-questions-%28amiibo-faq%29

MLlUpb.jpg

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/what-is-amiibo/

Peripheral Device

Old systems will get amiibo compatibility soon this year.

Edited by PuffPuff

My current team is Lion, Tom Sawyer, Queequeeg, and Tiger Lily. Tom and Lion can team up and take out really bulky things surprisingly fast (Punch Stun + Crossbow is godly). Queequeeg has a nice global ability, and has insane range. Tiger Lily's there because I needed someone to use the Shuriken Shot. . .and to keep Tom alive (enemies love beating him up).

My current team is Lion, Tom Sawyer, Queequeeg, and Tiger Lily. Tom and Lion can team up and take out really bulky things surprisingly fast (Punch Stun + Crossbow is godly). Queequeeg has a nice global ability, and has insane range. Tiger Lily's there because I needed someone to use the Shuriken Shot. . .and to keep Tom alive (enemies love beating him up).

no kidding. Queequeeg is insane with his penguin bombs. It puts John Henry to shame and Califia can be considered equal to Queequeeg.

After playing around with the amiibos,

I honestly have to say Marth is decent. He's all close combat and counterattack type of character which is expected but the enemies really don't suit his defensive needs. For example, Marth can overwatch with his rapier but the enemies have to be really close for that to happen and most enemies will never be that close for it to activate. Even the first enemies in the game can attack further than his overwatch abilities can and they can be really upclose. Luckily he has main attribute destiny which prevents him from ever taking any damage by overwatch which is a godsend in battles with a lot of overwatch enemies. His special is healing units which honestly makes no sense to me.

Ike however has no overwatch capabilities and his ragnell while has amazing range does jackcrap damage and uses a lot of steam (about 4). It can pierce multiple enemies and discard groups of them but I rather have them in a group in order to actually deal huge multiple damage with Queequeeg or Califia's explosives. I think the only good use out of it was dealing with those explosive aliens and those annoying stun bugs since they have such low hp. His main weapon Urvan does a lot of damage and can hit multiple enemies but it does not help much when you're dealing with a group of overwatch aliens. Although he is compensated with a lot of steam and has a high recharge rate, I have not found much utility from him in majority of the missions. His special attack aether while good ultimately requires being within the vicinity of brain dead enemies.

Sorry Ike you have your uses but Marth is much better utility wise in this game. Seeing as how Robin is all range and Lucina having a bow from the trailer they maybe more useful but I'll reserve judgement of those two for now. But honestly, the main characters in this game are generally better than the amiibo characters. I probably won't use them for online multiplayer at this point.

Edited by kingddd

(Talking about Demo I've played)

Well...Ike does have a weakness after all. He may not be able to do overwatch attacks without Ragnell's beam which does shit damage which isn't exactly good to use to counter during the enemy phase. Tiger Lily(Rifle) and Lion(Crossbow) are who I use to deal with the overwatch aliens. Lion(Wizard Of Oz) isn't a coward this time with his beastly HP and wrestling move. :D As for John, it doesn't help in his case that he can never watch attack without a rifle which he doesn't get until the final mission in the demo. Looks to me that Tiger Lily's healing may be more useful that Marth's since it has better range. Although she will need back up from a high offensive unit since her rifle doesn't really dish out as much damage as Henry's and John's.

Edited by PuffPuff

Maybe, because of his better offensive capabilities that are probable better than any of the other 3 amiibos. :/

Alright after playing the game significantly and played mission 12, here's what I feel so far about majority of the cast of characters in this game. I am not judging the hidden character. It may change once I get further into the game.

Top Tier:

The Fox

Queequeg

Califia

High Tier:

Randolph

Lion

Tom Sawyer

Mid Tier:

Tin Man

Henry Fleming

Scarecrow

Tiger Lily

Marth

Low Tier:

Ike

John Henry

Dorothy

Fox while has high steam usage for offensive capabilities, her overwatch is insane and since she is a sniper character, she can kill majority of the enemies in one hit if you can aim for their weakpoints. Something that many characters can't do efficiently and they require to be very close to the enemies to do so. She has very little downsides and her main special is amazingly good as she gains significant steam and does even more damage in overwatch. One of the best units in the game by far.

Califia has huge range and can attack those flying bugs with no significant issues since her main arsenal is pretty much a rocket launcher and very few drawbacks. The one being it uses a lot of steam. She puts John Henry to shame.

Quequeg is almost equivalent to Califia and while he can't attack aerial units with his bombs, it does more damage than Califia can and the straight path range that the Penguin can move forward is just insane and it has saved me a lot in many overcrowded situations.

You don't necessarily need both Califia or Quequeg in the battles but at least having one of them is near necessity.

Lion, Tom and Randolph's utilities are really good. Randolph for baiting crowds of enemies leads to great setups for explosive units to take out a crowd of enemies and I think I already discussed Tom's stun and Lion's jump capabilities offers a lot of diversity in movements and moving into terrains that majority of the cast can't. Lion works well with majority of the subweapons in the game.

Tin Man is like the FE dancer of this game. If you have a very useful unit you can apply so much extra added steam to your units and it becomes a deadly force to be dealt with especially in online multiplayer. However I feel he's lowered because it only seems to benefit Fox and Califia the most since they use a heavy amount of steam in their main arsenals.

The rest of the characters however are very situational. I unfortunately had to drop scarecrow later in the game as much as I love his personality and his stun abilities, Tom's overwatch stun just works better in the end for defensive measures especially in hallways and small areas. At the same time, Scarecrow's abilities don't really help much in multiplayer. Dorothy is just bleh. An even worse Tom with a bad version of the shotgun. I absolutely have no idea what they were thinking about her.

Edited by kingddd

*Giggle*

So glad that your loving the game! Ugh...I need to play this myself.

Here's my tier thus far...

(Demo)

Top Tier

-Lion

-Tiger Lily

Mid-Tier

-Henry

Low Tier

-John

Lion is a beast. His attack can maul groups of enemies along with his massive HP to withstand more damage than any of the four characters. Tiger gets her place for her bringing longetivity to the entire group along with her overwatching sniping capabilities. Henry is Mid as he's an average character at best who needs to be watched out for with stronger units...but at least unlike someone I'l mention later, he can deal with the overwatch aliens just fine. John...well, he gets to low as he needs to be watched all the time as he can never overwatch attack in the beginning and that he'll get sniped to death by overwatch aliens if he gets into the frey. It is best to always have him behind the others until he can get a rifle which he doesn't until they enter the inside of the Buckiham palace.

Edited by PuffPuff

Eyuch. Mission#4, the first map looks ugly. It's still early, but I'm having a hard time here.

When in doubt, take things slowly. Whoever has the medi-carbine can't self-heal, but Tiger Lily's primary weapon can.

Well so far I've only found one use for Dorothy and that was in the 2nd last mission where you have to break some ice. She can demolish it in like one or 2 turns whereas everyone else will take forever.

Nintendo announced that there is an update coming which will speed up the enemy turn on standard 3DS units by a factor of 2, and on the new 3DS it will be speed up by a factor of 3. They also released this new artwork of the Fire Emblem cast.

GV95WWh.jpg

Oh cool, the enemy turns didn't bother me, but speeding them up wouldn't hurt.

I think the enemy turns is what affected my enjoyment the most. After this patch it would definitely help make the game faster to replay for me.