Codename S.T.E.A.M

Jedi

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it wrong for me to say that Marth's (new) English voice is kinda giving me Simon the Digger vibes? (Which is both a good thing in my books, and would make sense considering.) Because either way, I'm loving it.

Ike's English voice, though noticeably not Atkins, does sound kinda familiar as well. But I can't put my finger on it. (Still would have liked Kirby Morrow, though.)

That's because they're voiced by the same person: Yuri Lowenthal c:

He's voiced... a hell of a lot of characters, actually. He even voiced Ricken~

Marth will keep his japanese voice in Smash for the sake of his legendary down-taunt!

Oh, he voiced the childish dweeb-oid? Oh well, it seems to fit a softy like Marth fine, so I don't mind.

So is no one going to mention the awesome music? From techno to classic rock, all the songs seem to blend really well.

There's techno? Eh, must have overheard that over all that awesome RÖCK. I'm getting real Metal vibes from that game.

Glad to hear that some games still feature good songs instead of this speed-wannabe-rock, hahaha.

Yuri is a good Va who gets put into roles that don't fit him. Case in point Marth here and Alucard in the sotn redub.

Seems a new trailer is up, complete with catchy song in my opnion, heh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpcTwOHXdqw

Oh yeah, the highlight of it would be the new character shown: Califia. Incorporating something from the "Island of California" myth? Yes please.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I don't think it will, but I'm still hoping for the best that this doesn't end up being too much about american patriotism.

Lincoln and Henry Fleming great enough.

Have fun to anyone how's able to play this next week, I'm going to sit back for two more months, grumbling. :)

Yeah, the slow enemy turns are the only problem I have with the game so far. But...truth is, they ARE actually faster than some of the FE: RD enemy phases...

I think the reason that enemy phase is so annoying is not because of it's length but because you usually can't see anything. Often, the only motion on the screen comes from the progress bar filling up.

Or maybe enemy phase just needs better music.

Edited by BrightBow

Yeah, well, things like EVERY SINGLE ENEMY UNIT just HAS TO MOVE on EVERY SINGLE TURN in Part 2 Endgame of RD kind of frustrated me. There were a lot of enemy units in that chapter and I could see them move. xP And the enemy phases on Codename Steam aren't as long as that.

You can SLIGHTLY speed it up by holding select.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gDfxd1edCc

Apparently, it's about as effective as holding the A button to speedup text in TLoZ: Skyward Sword. Which is to say, not very effective at all.

I imagine there isn't a speedup option because the 3DS needs time to calculate enemy moves in a fully 3D game. Perhaps if it were a Wii U title, this wouldn't be the case.

http://www.destructoid.com/fire-emblem-amiibo-support-for-code-name-s-t-e-a-m-doesn-t-add-much-288915.phtml#ext

Destructoid comments on the Marth and Ike amiibo on STEAM.

Just... don't get your hopes too high.

Is playable FE characters not enough for you? Would you prefer that Amiibos grant more substantial content and hear folks complain about them as "physical DLC"?

Is playable FE characters not enough for you?

It's a nice bonus. But in the end it's just that. I simply made the warning in case others were expecting more out of them.

Would you prefer that Amiibos grant more substantial content and hear folks complain about them as "physical DLC"?

Sure, why wouldn't I? I already own plenty of amiibo and as for the complains, I can ignore them. I win either way!

Just a little bonus? The Amiibos give you whole characters to use! It can't get any better that that, imo.

I said that it's a nice bonus, not a "little" bonus.

But in the end, it's basically the FE13 Spotpass characters with better models. It seems the FE characters don't interact at all with the STEAM characters, so that's kind of a disappointment.

And I'll be honest, I find that having to tap the amiibo again in case the character dies to be a bit cheap. I feel that unlocking content should be permanent regardless of how it's done.

Well, the way you spoke, it sounded like you thought the addition of a character was too little.

I do agree that it's kind of a bummer that you have to scan the Amiibo again if the character dies though. xP

I always thought it was a reference to FE's perma-death. But yeah, it does sound inconvenient.

To be honest it probably is lol. I'd love if they somehow referenced the Aum/Valkyrie staves

I always thought it was a reference to FE's perma-death. But yeah, it does sound inconvenient.

Yes, I'm certain that when asked directly, IS would resort to that exact excuse.

I doubt that there was any other reason then Nintendo wanting to make it difficult for players to keep everyone unlocked by simply borrowing Amiibos from each other.

Either way, this being a handheld game makes it a particular pain the ass. I'm not a fan of carrying Amiibos around. Their shape isn't suited for transportation and they could be damaged. Especially the Fire Emblem ones seem to have some rather fragile parts. But it's a inconvenience either way.

Edited by BrightBow

Either way, this being a handheld game makes it a particular pain the ass. I'm not a fan of carrying Amiibos around. Their shape isn't suited for transportation and they could be damaged. Especially the Fire Emblem ones seem to have some rather fragile parts. But it's a inconvenience either way.

You do know that Amiibo carrying cases exist, right? I have one myself since I like to travel.

You do know that Amiibo carrying cases exist, right? I have one myself since I like to travel.

I haven't seen any of those in any shop yet. And I was just today looking for an Dedede Amiibo but all the shelves were full of Ikes and I already got that one in January, so I think retailers around here don't sell those bags or I would have noticed. Anyway, unless those actually shrink down an Amiibo, I'd say that they are still a pain to carry around as a mere accessory for something that is deliberately designed to fit in one's pocket.

Edited by BrightBow