FE6 HM LTC V1 - Completed in 133 Turns

Irysa

How is that supposed to do anything? Marcus still has to be rescued by Treck and would need to be moved at least an additonal 6 tiles towards the chests on turn 2. Which can only happen with a rescue anyway. It's irrelevant.

I didn't realize that the other armor is at 2-range aswell.

It's not.

Edited by Irysa

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the other armor was meant like, the one closer to the arena that would be on Marcus' turn 1 2-range, that's unimportant though (yeah, the lower right armor knight is trivial too) because Marcus obviously won't attack on 1.

Marcus is supposed to rescue Roy, so that Lance can drop him on turn 1. see wall of text:

Turn 1:

Marcus starts 1R2U of Roy and rescues him, moving 1 down, 3 right, 4 up.

Lance starts 2R1U of Roy and moves 2 right and 5 up, takes Roy from Marcus and rescue drops him 1 tile up.

Turn 2:

Marcus moves 1 right, 3 up, 4 right and attacks the Armor Knight that you screenshotted with a Hand Axe and crits twice or once depending on how many crits he needs.

Roy recruits the green units.

Treck moves 3 right, 4 up.

Lance moves 1 right, 2 up, 3 right and rescues Marcus.

Meanwhile you do other stuff like preparing the Noah recruitment and bringing Roy towards Shanna.

Turn 3:

Lance moves 3 right, 3 up, gives Marcus to Treck and moves 1 tile towards safety, somewhere.

Treck moves 1 left, 6 up and rescue-drops Marcus 1 tile to the right.

Turn 4:

Treck moves 1 right, 2 up and opens the door.

Marcus moves 5 up, 3 right and stands on the Barrier chest which he opens.

A problem that I can see is that archer near the to-be-killed-on-turn-2 armor knight, who might block the way for turn 3 after attacking Lance or Treck. technically the only thing that brings is that treck isn't doubled by those Wyvern Riders, which you wanted to make sure to make the enemy phase easier to rig.

EDIT: I forgot that talk is basically an insta-wait in this game, nvm me then.

EDIT 2: Can you use Clarine > Lance for the turn 2 Roy rescue and Lance for the Marcus rescue?

Edited by Gradivus.

That's not happening because Lance has to rescue Roy on turn 2 so that Zealot can take Roy (doesn't use up an action like rescue does) then talk to Treck and move towards the center of the map so that Shanna can take Roy on turn 2.

Edited by Irysa

Saul's staff rank is not going to be a problem.

I thought that by skipping the Barrier Staff you may not be able to get Saul to A-Rank in Staffs by Chapter 14x but apparently that's not the case.

EDIT 2: Can you use Clarine > Lance for the turn 2 Roy Rescue and Lance for the Marcus rescue?

I need a mounted unit to go left to the shop on turn 2 to get the chest key/door key into the convoy (currently Sue). The path to the Shop gets too clogged up to reach unless I have an extra unit (currently Alan, since he can go here and also reach the boss to cleanly ORKO on turn 4) on the left who ends on a tile north of where the left armorknight starts. Clarine has to take Roy from Zealot and move him so that Shanna can take him (this can technically be achieved by two other units) .

I suppose if we go back to the drawing board and try to get roy to double rapier critical Devias on EP then have Shanna finish off (will need to somehow proc str and Javelin crit twice or have a tile free to Steel Lance crit or something) Alan isn't strictly required on the left side of the map, but something will have to be done about clearing a path for the mounted unit who has to stand 1 tile up from the Armorknight. Armorslayer Dieck can't reach unless he's deployed on the top left, right of the forest, but without extra rescue drops from mounted units needed on the right for your plan, a mounted unit can't reach the tile neccessary to prevent a 2 unit choke blocking the way to the shop. If Lugh could pull crit on the armorknight and merc this would work, but he needs 10 skill to pull that off which is 5 levelups...not happening.

http://puu.sh/gxqNX/bf434bb593.rar

Here's my battery save, knock yourself out.

Edited by Irysa

I thought that by skipping the Barrier Staff you may not be able to get Saul to A-Rank in Staffs by Chapter 14x but apparently that's not the case.

Nope because Barrier and Heal give the same WEXP.

FYI I think you need all 8 micd mounts for a 4-turn of chapter 12x but I could be wrong.

I imagine it's pretty easy to heal every turn in most chapters, especially 8x and 11. In 8x it's not hard for Lilina (or whoever) to tank an axe and much is the same in 11, where you have like 5 turns of doing absolutely nothing.

It's too bad you don't get another barrier on Echidna's route.

Edited by General Horace

So the way I see it is that you plan to have Zealot recruit Noah because Roy needs to be within range to seize on turn 4, right? What if you have Roy recruit Noah and rescue chain him into seizing range with the help of Shanna, Sue, Alan and possibly somebody else like Lance or Clarine? Could that possibly liberate Zealot to help out Treck in that scenario where he keeps dying? I'm really just thinking out loud here because I frankly don't see a whole lot of options other than have Treck rescue Marcus and completely expose himself. Zealot is the only unit nearby that can actually make a difference in that scenario.

And imo if it comes down to it the 4-turn clear should take priority over the Barrier Staff

I don't think you'd be able to Heal every single turn in chapters like 8x, 11L or 14 though.

I actually talked about this earlier. No, you cannot, but you don't have to spam Barrier to get an A rank before Chapter 12.

@Horace: Lilina actually gets OHKO'd by almost every axe user in that chapter...

So the way I see it is that you plan to have Zealot recruit Noah because Roy needs to be within range to seize on turn 4, right? What if you have Roy recruit Noah and rescue chain him into seizing range with the help of Shanna, Sue, Alan and possibly somebody else like Lance or Clarine? Could that possibly liberate Zealot to help out Treck in that scenario where he keeps dying? I'm really just thinking out loud here because I frankly don't see a whole lot of options other than have Treck rescue Marcus and completely expose himself. Zealot is the only unit nearby that can actually make a difference in that scenario.

And imo if it comes down to it the 4-turn clear should take priority over the Barrier Staff

This might be doable but will result in Clarine or Sue having to dodge an insane amount on Turn 3 in the middle of nowhere because every mounted unit would be preoccupied. Whoever was on the shop has to simulteanously take Roy from Noah (I think he spawns 1 tile up if someone is on the tile he normally appears on, which is the only way this will work), Trade someone else a Door Key, then whoever got traded the Door Key has to open the door, then Alan has to take Roy and mov 1 north of the where the door was, then Shanna has to take/drop Roy one tile north of Alan.

As a result, I'm not sure if it would be much of an improvement, but I'll give it a shot later. If I could use Marcus on the left this would be easier as a Paladin can reach the door by themselves on turn 3 from the shop but only Marcus or Zealot can kill that ArmorKnight and Zealot obviously needs to fullmove so it has to be Marcus.

EDIT: Also somehow every enemy has to cooperate and not get in the way <_<

Edited by Irysa

Marcus can simply stand in front of the Knight and crit him, then reach the vendor due to his 8 mov (sue can pick off the Merc after a strong enough EP attack). Alan can reach the Knight's 2-range and Javelin crit it due to having less mov than Marcus. Lance can ferry Roy on 1 and he and Clarine can help get him to Noah (turn 2) and Shanna (turn 3). Zealot and Treck can team up and head for the Barrier staff.

I actually talked about this earlier. No, you cannot, but you don't have to spam Barrier to get an A rank before Chapter 12.

@Horace: Lilina actually gets OHKO'd by almost every axe user in that chapter...

hence why i said "or whoever", she needs help getting the kills anyway, and she gets HP on levelup and stuff like that. It still shouldn't be hard.

ITS HERE.

4 TURNS. ALL TREASURE*. I'M THE BEST.

Merlinus is officially the best unit in the game. I don't even have anything to say about strategy, please just watch and soak it in. Yeah those enemy phases are kinda gross, but I did it! And only absoloutely neccessary crits, and all but one of them with critweapons (if Marcus had D axes he could just Hammer that Knight). Speaking of which, I had to adjust a few things. In Chapter 2, Alan would kill an enemy at the end with an Iron Sword instead of a Javelin. This would let him reach D Swords for Armorslayer in time here. I also changed Chapter 6 to take the Short Bow instead of the Killer Axe, since it helps Sue out here (although she can pull displayed crit on the enemy she has to without it, but levelup rigging gets easier with more crit). The Short Bow sells for more anyway and nobody but Percival or Echidna will ever probably use a Killer Axe in this playthrough, and it's doubtful they'll really have to over a Killing Edge or a Lance, plus I can just buy them later anyway.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this possible!

*minus the rapier because who cares about that.

Special shoutouts to a 2 Use Javelin saving the day (THOSE ALWAYS COME IN HANDY)

[spoiler=EP Stats]

Turn 1

Clarine 15 Hp
44 Hit 14 Dmg

Lance 23 Hp
42 Hit 10 Dmg

Turn 2
Merlinus 15 Hp
64 Hit 17 Dmg
65 Hit 12 Dmg x 2
67 Hit 13 Dmg x 2
69 Hit 12 Dmg x 2

Sue 19 Hp
45 Hit 10 Dmg

Lugh 17 Hp
49 Hit 13 Dmg

Dieck 28 Hp
46 Hit 10 Dmg
56 Hit 13 Dmg

Treck 25 Hp
52 Hit 10 Dmg

Turn 3

Dieck 28 Hp
46 Hit 12 Dmg
43 Hit 9 Dmg
49 Hit 8 Dmg
53 Hit 12 Dmg

Sue 19 Hp
57 Hit 18 Dmg

Clarine 3 Hp
22 Hit 13 Dmg
29 Hit 12 Dmg

Roy 23 Hp
54 Hit 11 Dmg
61 Hit 9 Dmg

[spoiler=Large RN Burns]

Turn 2
Shanna Arrow D5R2 Cycle(RUDLx154)

Turn 3

Shanna Arrow R5U2 Cycle (ULRDx113)

Turn 4

Shanna Arrow D5L2 Cycle (LUDRx609)

Shanna Arrow D5L2 Cycle (LUDRx54)

Alan Arrow U1R5U1 Cycle (ULRDx103)

Edited by Irysa

it works, but what are the chances of death?

A good chunk of the chapter requires hp manipulation of some kind to lure enemies in particular direction so although these values may represent not awful chances of death (merlinus aside lmao), most dodges that happen basically need to happen. merlinus basically saves saul or lugh having to tank a bunch of shit on turn 3 because the cavs are further up the map, so his dodging isn't strictly neccessary, but it is bloody helpful since it helps make it so I can pull a cav to a nearly dead Clarine who has much better Avo, and means Saul or Lugh aren't getting gangbanged. I may as well just bold the dodges that I think actually HAVE to happen to maintain AI consistency.

[spoiler=Ep Stats]

Turn 1

Clarine 15 Hp

44 Hit 14 Dmg

Lance 23 Hp

42 Hit 10 Dmg

Turn 2

Merlinus 15 Hp

64 Hit 17 Dmg

65 Hit 12 Dmg x 2

67 Hit 13 Dmg x 2

69 Hit 12 Dmg x 2

Sue 19 Hp

45 Hit 10 Dmg

Lugh 17 Hp

49 Hit 13 Dmg

Dieck 28 Hp

46 Hit 10 Dmg

56 Hit 13 Dmg

Treck 25 Hp

52 Hit 10 Dmg

Turn 3

Dieck 28 Hp

46 Hit 12 Dmg

43 Hit 9 Dmg

49 Hit 8 Dmg

53 Hit 12 Dmg

Sue 19 Hp

57 Hit 18 Dmg

Clarine 3 Hp

22 Hit 13 Dmg

29 Hit 12 Dmg

Roy 23 Hp

54 Hit 11 Dmg

61 Hit 9 Dmg

Rigging def and res mean Sue and Roy aren't dead on Turn 3 at least but those Merlinus dodges tho. If Dieck dodges too much then some enemies will attack Lugh who has about equal avo but much worse Hp/Def than Dieck.

oh and the clear is ridiculous in all the ways. Very nice.

Thanks!

Edited by Irysa