Project X Zone 2. It's out everywhere now.

Jedi

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shinjiro sounds quite likely. I haven't played 5 yet but what's Ichiro doing during that time?

Ichiro only has one role in the entire game, and that's greeting Shinjiro in the beginning, then sending him to NY.

That's it.

Ichiro only has one role in the entire game, and that's greeting Shinjiro in the beginning, then sending him to NY.

That's it.

Wow such a minor role after starring in the first 4 haha.

Bump. We got ourselves some new screens.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/19/project-x-zone-2-screenshots-show-ninja-teamups-hack-union

If it says not shown remove the / i'm having issues regetting on the page without doing that.

Screenshots from the Japanese version show Strider teaming up with Hotsuma from the Shinobi reboot on PS2, two friends from Tales of Vesperia teaming up, and a union between Haseo from .hack//G.U. and Kite from the .hack series.
Project X Zone 2 is slated for a worldwide release in fall 2015 on Nintendo 3DS.
Edited by Jedi

Very nice, I saw these screens earlier today.

It's all cool, but I wonder a bit why they chose the Yakuza Dead Souls iterations of Kiryu and Majima.

Yakuza is a franchise i'm not very familiar with, could you describe it for me and the difference Dead Souls is?

A beat em up, I haven't played. I MUST FIX THIS.

Hmm, well zombies were quite commonly fought in PXZ, then again that was mostly due to Frank West and the Resident Evil gang and a few other zombie busters being present.

Edited by Jedi

They probably went with the Dead Souls incarnations for moveset potential and recency, considering Dead Souls was the last Yakuza game released (at least, over here, IDR if Y5 was released overseas already).

Also, if we're gonna think of villains, I'm about 99% sure that Wesker is going to show up in this game, especially considering Nemesis is gone now.

• 2 weeks later...

They probably went with the Dead Souls incarnations for moveset potential and recency, considering Dead Souls was the last Yakuza game released (at least, over here, IDR if Y5 was released overseas already).

Also, if we're gonna think of villains, I'm about 99% sure that Wesker is going to show up in this game, especially considering Nemesis is gone now.

Maybe Sigma as well for X and Zero, since Vile was blown back up.

• 2 weeks later...

Update article: More characters for sleeping thread.

Phoenix Wright (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)

Maya Fey (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)

Axel Stone (voiced by Tomokazu Sugita) (Streets of Rage)

Aty (Summon Night 3)

Nana Kazuki (God Eater 2)

Ciel Alencon (God Eater 2)

Returning characters are; Gemini Sunrise and Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars); Ryu, and Ken(Street Fighter)

Update article: More characters for sleeping thread.

Phoenix Wright (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)

Maya Fey (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)

Axel Stone (voiced by Tomokazu Sugita) (Streets of Rage)

Aty (Summon Night 3)

Nana Kazuki (God Eater 2)

Ciel Alencon (God Eater 2)

Returning characters are; Gemini Sunrise and Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars); Ryu, and Ken(Street Fighter)

AXEL YES.

Also cool to see some Phoenix Wright people in there.

AXEL YES.

Also cool to see some Phoenix Wright people in there.

I was waiting for that reaction

I'm okay with him being a solo unit, but it would've been even cooler to see him paired up with Blaze or Adam.

I was waiting for that reaction

I'm okay with him being a solo unit, but it would've been even cooler to see him paired up with Blaze or Adam.

Maybe they are coming in as a pair.

I swear to god if Soma/Alisa/Lindow don't get in because of the GE2 scrubs I will be so mad.

But yay Sakura/Gemini are back even though I don't really care for either of them.

Sakura Wars is Sakura Wars.

Though this practically all but de-confirms anyone from the original Kagekidan

Sad days

I'm really happy to see the Ace Attorney characters represented in more fighting-ish style games outside of UMvC3. I'm also glad for the return of Strider in Project X Zone 2, since I played Namco X Capcom and he was one of my more favorite units (because I'm biased). I wonder what other characters we'll see. Maybe some Power Stone, Star Gladiator (I really like old school Capcom games), NiGHTS, or Katamari characters? This is a really chaotic crossover series after all. xP

I swear to god if Soma/Alisa/Lindow don't get in because of the GE2 scrubs I will be so mad.

This. The GE2 cast isn't as memorable Can't beat over the clouds.

In other news, Sugita!Axel tho.

Some more screenies

http://nintendoeverything.com/another-round-of-project-x-zone-2-screenshots/

Some of them are here

p-x-z-6.jpg

p-x-z-7.jpg

p-x-z-10.jpg

GRAND UPPER or as some people heard it in Streets of Rage 2, GRAB THE PAW. (Also wow they paired Axel with who I probably would other then Ryu and Ken)

Edited by Jedi