Marriage and Romance Speculation and Discussion Topic

UnknownUber

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably because emphasis is on how different the game currently is. It's all going on the plot, new classes, new mechanics, new characters, etc. Supports are kinda taken for granted since Pair-up goes hand-by-hand with supports, and several facilities in My Castle are based around gaining support points.

True, but it still would be nice to know if S supports are back and if Kamui can romance everybody like Robin did.

If it is back then its going to be very limited considering a chunk of the characters are family. Which makes me think there will be a great focus on Family considering it is what essentially kicks off one of the main conflicts.

I don't think so, since the only blood related ones are the Hoshidan family, and even if you count the Nohr siblings there are still a considerable amount of characters that aren't family like Rinka, Cyrus, Suzukaze, Oboro, Orochi, Kagerou, Tsukiyomi, Joker, Felicia and etc.

True, but it still would be nice to know if S supports are back and if Kamui can romance everybody like Robin did.

It'd be much more surprising if it's not there. That kinda is what made Awakening sell like hotcakes, it'd be shooting themselves in the leg. Real question is: will you be able to S support the Nohr siblings?

We still have at least one magazine updates that needs to cover game content, not just reveal characters, and Famitsu promised even more pages for next week. The lack of mention of supports so far, aside from popping up in menu screens, might indicate that they also have new features that they want promoted in these reveals.

However, it could just be that they're limited compared to Awakening's, and in that case they probably won't be covered in the marketing at all. Still, that'd be an odd choice.

If it is back then its going to be very limited considering a chunk of the characters are family. Which makes me think there will be a great focus on Family considering it is what essentially kicks off one of the main conflicts.

Only 4 people on any given side will be your siblings. That's not a particularly large number of characters.

We don't even know if anyone can marry anyone at this point. There's no information yet about the support system aside from the fact that it exists and you grow bonds in a similar way to Awakening.

Anyway, I think it's pretty obvious you won't be able to do that, even if there's marriage.

Edited by NeonZ

We don't even know if we can marry anyone at this point. There's no information yet about the support system.

Anyway, I think it's pretty obvious you won't be able to do it, even if there's marriage.

It's not as weird if you think about it, since the Avatar doesn't even know his biological family members well.

I'll be really amused if it's possible. I just hope marriage is in this game!!

Guys, will you be able to marry your biological family members?

I sure hope so! Ryouma is my husbando! I mean there is a possibility that they're only half siblings and like in Awakening incestous relationships listed as "companions" even if that's not tricking anyone.

I sure hope so! Ryouma is my husbando! I mean there is a possibility that they're only half siblings and like in Awakening incestous relationships listed as "companions" even if that's not tricking anyone.

Are you ok with incest in real life?

Are you ok with incest in real life?

I'm ok with love the end let's not get weird.

You're ok with Mikoto and the Avatar getting married?

No please don't. Parental incest is a big nono with me.

Lmao where is this going

I doubt Mikoto is going to be a playable character though...

This is going to weird places. We need another place to discuss this topic.

This is completely on topic though. This is a thread about marriage. I'm asking you if Mikoto and the Avatar can get married.

I'm very confident (not completely confident though) that Mikoto will be playable, since Emmeryn was in Awakening. Emmeryn could marry the Avatar in the last game, so.. I really hope Nintendo doesn't censor the incest marriages, if there are any.

This is completely on topic though. This is a thread about marriage. I'm asking you if Mikoto and the Avatar can get married.

I'm very confident (not completely confident though) that Mikoto will be playable, since Emmeryn was in Awakening. Emmeryn could marry the Avatar in the last game, so.. I really hope Nintendo doesn't censor the incest marriages, if there are any.

Emmeryn...wasn't related to the Avatar...How is that relevant at all?

It would be like if MU could marry Morgan, or if Chrom could get with Lissa or Emm.

Seriously, drop it.

More and more the game is going to romantic relationship. The my room skinship kinda lead to that. the more you please the unit, closer the face will get.

including same sex skinship

Marriage it's probably too much, in [awakening] the children was the core plot, so it was necessary the marriage. But S rank suport and some romantic relationships it's very possible

Skin-ship is probably there for the people who will be disappointed by the fact that there is no incest and it could be there to appease those of the LGBT community as well (though I'm still hoping for Cyrus and Male Kamui to be a thing). While it's a very strange concept it's nice to know that you can at least do something a bit more personal with the character that you like, even if they aren't available as a romantic option. Personally, and I'm pretty sure I stated this before, but I'd prefer for romantic supports to be secluded to certain units, such as Oboro and Takumi or Camilla and Belka (maybe?), the only exception really being Kamui because he/she is kind of a blank slate that can really be made to match anyone's preference.

^ This could be a possible explanation for it even if its(Face Rubbing) still awkward to begin with.

I do see the possibility of limited S supports(If there are any) for certain character since there isn't an inheritance system here. I don't think there will be any homosexual pairings though and there is an even slimmer chance for incest(Please Gods no!) so to make up for it(as you said) they added that face rubbing thing.