Marriage and Romance Speculation and Discussion Topic

UnknownUber

Man, all this talk about wanting to whore the Avatar out to whoever looks slightly appealing.

And then I'm just sitting here thinking "Maaaaan, I wonder if I can bless the marriage of my maid and butler"

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be so cool if the support system worked like Harvest Moon.

You'd have to talk to the Characters a lot inbetween battles in the My Castle feature, and give them lots of gifts.

if you have enough points with one character you get to see special scenes featuring them

Eventually the conversations you have with that one special person would change to more romantic ones.

But then it probably wouldn't be Fire Emblem anymore...

The issue with that is that it'd limit the support system to the avatar, with relationships between other cast members among themselves not being possible. Personally, I'd really dislike a change in that direction.

Edited by NeonZ

Man, all this talk about wanting to whore the Avatar out to whoever looks slightly appealing.

And then I'm just sitting here thinking "Maaaaan, I wonder if I can bless the marriage of my maid and butler"

Oh my gosh,Felicia and Joker would be adorkable together! Aaaaah!

*fangirls*

KazahanaXHinata though? Twin Souls Twin Blade,would be so cuuuteeee.

((If they are what I think they are personality wise))

I could get behind that idea. Although for some reason HinataXOboro rather appeals to me and part of me is hoping that Kazahana and Sakura will end up being this game's LissaXMaribelle.

I myself am looking forward to seeing how Oboro and Tsubaki work as a couple. They both look very smug, I can't wait to see the snark they lay out.

I'm wondering if Hoshido-Nohr relationships ail be a thing. It kind of depends on whether or not they eventually join sides for the grand finale of the story.

in Awakening I understood no same-sex marriage because of the whole children mechanic, but there seems to be no indication of that sort of mechanic returning so if only straight marriages are allowed again im throwing a hissyfit lmao and i still have no clue about the Fire Emblem Amie thing like i know support convos are back but then how does the face-rubbing come in

in Awakening I understood no same-sex marriage because of the whole children mechanic, but there seems to be no indication of that sort of mechanic returning so if only straight marriages are allowed again im throwing a hissyfit lmao and i still have no clue about the Fire Emblem Amie thing like i know support convos are back but then how does the face-rubbing come in

Same. Maybe they could just make it the player's choice for the units to be straight/gay/lesbian/bisexual/asexual. I hope this way is inclusive because Nintendo wants to make their games for everyone.

The issue with that is that it'd limit the support system to the avatar, with relationships between other cast members among themselves not being possible. Personally, I'd really dislike a change in that direction.

True, didn't think about that.

I myself am looking forward to seeing how Oboro and Tsubaki work as a couple. They both look very smug, I can't wait to see the snark they lay out.

I'm wondering if Hoshido-Nohr relationships ail be a thing. It kind of depends on whether or not they eventually join sides for the grand finale of the story.

For some reason I can't help but think they'd hate each other. As for Hoshido-Nohr relationships, while it'd be interesting I'm not sure how it'd work in terms of game mechanics. The third path might be a possibility though if it has characters from both routes.

It wouldn't completely ruin the game for me, but I would be fairly disappointed if we don't get same sex romance. On the other hand, I wouldn't be terribly surprised.

My current plans for my first run of both versions:

Hoshido(Female Avatar)-

MU X Hinata

Aqua X Ryouma

Hinoka X Saizou

Orochi X Takumi

Sakura X Tsukuyomi

Kagerou X Tsubaki

Kazahana X Suzukaze

Rinka X Joker

Felicia X Cyrus

Gunter & Oboro not yet paired

Nohr(Male Avatar)-

Belka X MU

Aqua X Cyrus

Elfie X Marx

Camilla X Harold

Crimson X Leon

Elise X Joker

Charlotte X Benoit

Felicia, Gunther, Luna & Nyx not yet paired.

I agree with the possibility that the heart symbols mean that choosing that character will start a support conversation. (or provide the option to) Rather than having to go into its own menu to select someone to have a support conversation with. It would do a lot to streamline the menus in the game if they indeed combine support convos with My Castle.

Outside of that, I also really want LGBT characters in the game. The Avatar can be bisexual if the player chooses (or until they choose), but other characters will have set identities and orientations, so if you choose a male MU, you may not be able to romance some females or vice versa.

You'd still be able to support with them, but it wouldn't go as far as romance/marriage.

I think this would be the best option. It leaves things up to the player while still being inclusive and respectful.

I'm not planning out any form of pairings until I know whether or not in-game marriages like Awakening's S-ranks are actually present or not.

That said, of those characters that have been presented so far, I'm most interested currently in Hinoka of Hoshido and Luna of Nohr, although obviously even if marriage S-ranks exist Hinoka might not be an option due to the whole supposedly related issue. Unless they go for full-blown INCEST EMBLEM!

As the attentive reader might have noticed, both of my preferences so far [which might be subject to change once I get to know the characters better] are for redheads. And the only two characters I married in Awakening were also redheads (Miriel and Cordelia).

I think some people are thinking about it all wrong. It's not "Kamui" magically being able to bang everyone, nor was it Robin. It's "My Unit", i.e. My choices on who I want to go for. And yes, while it is a bit strange that My Unit is liked by everyone, maybe in this next game they will implement a choice based supports where If you fuck it up, then you fuck it up and they don't like you. I mean in the real world, if any two persons sexuality match up, they have a realistic chance, until they start supporting or dating. So if "My Unit" and character x had a match, then I should have the option to date, and marry them.

People are considering Kamui to be his own deal when the game is basing him around all of your choices. Something about it just seems wrong.
I mean, yeah other lords have set supports, but you are not them. I am Kamui, so I shouldn't have set supports.

I think some people are thinking about it all wrong. It's not "Kamui" magically being able to bang everyone, nor was it Robin. It's "My Unit", i.e. My choices on who I want to go for. And yes, while it is a bit strange that My Unit is liked by everyone, maybe in this next game they will implement a choice based supports where If you fuck it up, then you fuck it up and they don't like you. I mean in the real world, if any two persons sexuality match up, they have a realistic chance, until they start supporting or dating. So if "My Unit" and character x had a match, then I should have the option to date, and marry them.

People are considering Kamui to be his own deal when the game is basing him around all of your choices. Something about it just seems wrong.

I mean, yeah other lords have set supports, but you are not them. I am Kamui, so I shouldn't have set supports.

You may be a lord in this game, but you're also an Avatar, and in being the Avatar, you get access to all character supports, just like in Awakening.

However, IF they include LGBT characters, some romances need to be locked out depending on the gender of the Avatar/MU. For example, a lesbian Nyx wouldn't enter a romance with a male MU, just like a Gay Harold wouldn't enter a romance with a female MU.

By doing things this way, they respect the sexuality of the player by allowing them to choose their gender and fall for characters of the same gender - but they also respect the entire worldwide LGBT spectrum by acknowledging them and not automatically making everyone romanceable. Doing so would erase the LG and T, skipping right to a very pandering B.

Then again, I may just be getting my hopes up and despite their promises, Nintendo could f*ck up again.

Only time will tell.

(Though I do wonder why they used Nyx and Elise in their Hubba Tester image recently - with blushes no less...)

^

Hubba tester is like in Awakening - for giggles only.

And blushes is used to show that they have highest points. (because RNG said so)

Oh I know - but it's odd that such a "conservative" nation as Japan and such a conservative company as Nintendo would however indirectly, choose that image as the one to represent the unveiling of the feature in If. (A regular frienship, straight romance, or similar would be fine - nobody was expecting a furiously blushing Elise x Nyx combo.)

If we're including possible cross-country romance, here's what I'm thinking:

OboroxTsubaki

RinkaxCyrus (I don't know it just came to me)

ElisexTsukuyomi

OrochixHarold

ElfiexMarx

HinataxKazahna

Feliciaxbenoit

This is all I can think of so far, and it's either based on looks or the limited info we have on them.