Marriage and Romance Speculation and Discussion Topic

UnknownUber

I noticed: in the Your Castle video, when selecting a character's...face to aggressively rub...there were hearts next to some of the characters (just female ones).

That might imply they're romanceable.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed: in the Your Castle video, when selecting a character's...face to aggressively rub...there were hearts next to some of the characters (just female ones).

That might imply they're romanceable.

Actually there was also a heart next to Suzukaze, he was in the middle of Aqua and Felicia.

Edit: I got ninja'd while talking about ninjas.

Edited by BeartholdtFubar

^Hopefully. At the very least you can rub same sex faces.

That sounds so awkward, but you know what I meant.

Baby steps towards same-sex relationships. It's slowly getting there at least.

Ah, I see. Apologies,for some reason, Suzukaze's sprite looked feminine to me. But definitely a guy. *shrugs* Same-sex pairings?

I think the heart symbol means something non-romantic, like characters who gained support points in the last chapter or units the protagonist has the highest support level with.

I don't think it has any romantic connotations.

I think the heart symbol means something non-romantic, like characters who gained support points in the last chapter or units the protagonist has the highest support level with.

Heart symbols having no romantic meaning? Whaaa. Hearts have always been a symbol for love(be it family,not incest of course, or be it romance). So maybe it's just the people that likes Kamui the most,maybe...? I really don't know.

Also,hot neko boy,I'm dying,but I'm still clinging to Hinata Cyrus.

Well in pokemon, they would have hearts to show how full they were and satisfied with their care. This could be similar in that they got their pettings for the day and you can't increase them more at the moment. I mean I don't think they will allow you to pet them forever into S rank so this makes sense?

Well in pokemon, they would have hearts to show how full they were and satisfied with their care. This could be similar in that they got their pettings for the day and you can't increase them more at the moment. I mean I don't think they will allow you to pet them forever into S rank so this makes sense?

But maybe it's reverse and those who want to be..."petted" have hearts like "Notice me, sin 3.14".

Heart symbols having no romantic meaning? Whaaa. Hearts have always been a symbol for love(be it family,not incest of course, or be it romance). So maybe it's just the people that likes Kamui the most,maybe...? I really don't know.

Also,hot neko boy,I'm dying,but I'm still clinging to Hinata Cyrus.

As other people have mentioned, in Pokemon Amie heart symbols are used in an almost identical manner to indicate any Pokemon that has reached a certain level of affection.

It also makes much more sense than Kamui being romantically involved with Felicia, Suzukaze and Aqua at the same time.

That said, we don't see any of the family members on the list of people you can invite to your room, which is the one thing that does make me raise an eyebrow. They could just be further down, however.

Edited by EJ107

^ yes but in the barracks they had different symbols for whether or not the support is romantic. Its not proof either way but it is interesting that they did not do that here.

For all we know there could be another symbol (deep red heart, a ring) to indicate a character who Kamui has reached S rank with when selecting who you wish to invite to your room.

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me, either way. But, you know, worth consideration.

^^ well yes but i still wonder why Luigi Ninja doesn't have a different symbol as the only similar feature (the barracks) had different symbols for non romantic and the romantic one was a heart.

I'm pretty sure that in Awakening paired units had similar looking pink hearts appear over their heads when they gained support points with each other, regardless of what support rank they had. I assume the icon is used in a similar manner here, to show characters who the protagonist has raised their support level with. Or something like that, anyway.

Edited by EJ107

This adds a whole new meaning to the term "Heavy Petting"... Jokes aside I really hope the hearts aren't an indicator of potential love interests, mainly because if that's the case then I can't romance Cyrus as Male Kamui! Oh the horror! Although seeing as there are only three people with hearts I highly doubt this is the case. Either way, if I can't romance Cyrus with Male Kamui then I know I can at least have the most homo-erotic bromance to ever be a part of a Fire Emblem game. Yay for semi-win! :D

The hearts might mean you already bonded with this character recently or you guys have a strong support. Though Im not against homosexuality, Im not sure I can really see it with Nintendos track record.

After the Tomodachi Life thing, Nintendo promised to be more inclusive of all players, so I don't imagine they'd be against it in any way.

But ultimately, I have to agree they probably won't include it.

I'm hoping to just see same-sex relationships. It doesn't have to be marriage. This could happen because Awakening had a barrier: it needed opposite-sex marriages for the story to make sense. Because opposite-sex marriage *might* not be required in if, I don't see a reason to not include same-sex.

Also, if marriages don't exist in if, all I hope to see is romantic relationships and how it factors in the units' lives (meaning they develop from it).

Perhaps the heart icon means you've build up enough support to be able to propose to them, a la Harvest Moon? Or maybe they just show that you've maxed out the support with them or something.

It would be so cool if the support system worked like Harvest Moon.

You'd have to talk to the Characters a lot inbetween battles in the My Castle feature, and give them lots of gifts.

if you have enough points with one character you get to see special scenes featuring them

Eventually the conversations you have with that one special person would change to more romantic ones.

But then it probably wouldn't be Fire Emblem anymore...