Strategies of using paragon effectively

Here's my way of using paragon:

• Micaiah in 1-7
  • Sothe in 1-8, because Micky needs resolve for 1-9
  • I normally give the paragon scroll from part 1 via Ilyana to the GMs, because the GMs are usable for more chapters than the DB, so I can benefit much more of it (moreover she can use it as second tier in 1-F). I know it's absolutely rare to see to give paragon to Ike, but I can manage the DB chapters in part 3 without paragon. Jill gets beastfoe in 3-6 + 3-13 and still can get tons of levels and the third tier promotion.
  • in part 3 I give it to lower leveled units like Rolf, Nephenee or Ilyana (however Mia gets it in 3-2)
  • in 3-9 I give Geoffrey's paragon to Marcia
  • in 3-11 I give Astrid's paragon to Tanith to promote all the three falcon knights in this chapter
  • in 3-13 I'll give it to units, who won't be in the same team in part 4. Each of the three groups will have a paragon skill.
  • for Micky's team: Jill in 4-P + 4-3 (don't want to invest in Micky + Sothe; if Micky has magic capped, I'm happy)
  • for Ike's team: Ike in 4-1 (give him blossom in 4-4), Rolf or Soren in 4-4
  • for Tibarn's team: Elincia in 4-2 + 4-5
  • in endgame: lower leveled units like Sanaki, Soren

Maybe someone has better ideas.

Edited by Mister CatTeaDawn

Why not keep Part 1 Paragon with DB to train Jill or someone else very easily in 3-6,12, and 13? I don't see what the problem is with that, and they need experience badly anyways. And not many people in the GM need paragon anyways.

Edited by Sophie

Giving Paragon to Jill in Part 3 is overkill in EM and NM since you have Beastfoe, and in HM Part 3 it's actually faster exp to give her Beastfoe over Paragon. Give Paragon to GMs instead and let Jill have Beastfoe.

Giving Paragon to Jill in Part 3 is overkill in EM and NM since you have Beastfoe, and in HM Part 3 it's actually faster exp to give her Beastfoe over Paragon. Give Paragon to GMs instead and let Jill have Beastfoe.

If you ask me, that reeks of "wasteful" since the Mercs don't really need Paragon...

Paragon for the GMs is way overkill. The good GMs don't need it and the bad GMs aren't worth it. I guess Titania would put it to good use but they get 2 more.

I kind of just stick Paragon on Jill for her entire existence save 3-13, where I switch it out for Resolve so she can double Ike with Brave Axe and get a stun proc easier. I hear some people pass it around like a blunt but I'm not too sure how well that works.

If you ask me, that reeks of "wasteful" since the Mercs don't really need Paragon...

I guess you could give Paragon to a crappy character like Nolan or Volug or something. But who needs them when you have Jill.

I guess you could give Paragon to a crappy character like Nolan or Volug or something. But who needs them when you have Jill.

Someone who - le gaspe - doesn't like Jill?

But don't you support beastfoe Jill?

But don't you support beastfoe Jill?

He does. He's saying that since Jill does fine with beastfoe and doesn't need paragon, you can give paragon to GMs instead of putting it on a DB unit who won't see much/any action thanks to Jill.

I'm trying to speak for someone else. I'm totally gonna get my butt kicked when I read this thread later.

Edited by Severlan

He does. He's saying that since Jill does fine with beastfoe and doesn't need paragon, you can give paragon to GMs instead of putting it on a DB unit who won't see much/any action thanks to Jill.

I'm trying to speak for someone else. I'm totally gonna get my butt kicked when I read this thread later.

Looking back on it you're right.

Why not keep Part 1 Paragon with DB to train Jill or someone else very easily in 3-6,12, and 13? I don't see what the problem is with that, and they need experience badly anyways. And not many people in the GM need paragon anyways.

I don't really see any reason for the part 1 Paragon to be shipped off to the Greil Mercenaries, personally.

The thing is that I don't tend to bring any units DB members to the final except for Jill (and Micky and Sothe of course).

In part 3 I mainly focus on Jill.

The problem of paragon Jill in 3-6 is that no one else can really benefit from beastfoe except for Leonardo. Micky will be needed for healing. For everyone else it's pretty much a suicide skill, because they can't survive two hits by the tigers. Jill normally can't do it either in the beginning of 3-6, but since she has canto she can get a free kill in each turn. After a few levels her HP and defense will be high enough to wreck all the laguz.

Same strategy in 3-13.

Though I agree that paragon Jill in 3-12 can be awesome, if she can survive and ORKO all the enemies (mainly halberdiers) in the first enemy phase. She requires at least an earth support and a good biorhythm. I actually prefer giving resolve to her for this chapter.

There are still some characters of the GMs, who can benefit from paragon:

• Nephenee
  • Ilyana (if I want to have a rexbolt user in the endgame)
  • Mia (in 3-2 against all the dracos)

Paragon for the GMs is way overkill. The good GMs don't need it and the bad GMs aren't worth it. I guess Titania would put it to good use but they get 2 more.

I kind of just stick Paragon on Jill for her entire existence save 3-13, where I switch it out for Resolve so she can double Ike with Brave Axe and get a stun proc easier. I hear some people pass it around like a blunt but I'm not too sure how well that works.

In 3-13 I also give beastfoe to Jill. However I always must wait for the final turn till Micky can purge Ike. It's not guaranteed that Jill will use stun against him.

Paragon is useful on non-T Boyd. He needs to be highly leveled for his speed to be competent.

Is it really worth to invest in FE10 Boyd on HM?

Well, this class has the best caps, but his earlygame is problemtic with his very low base speed of 18. And his speed growth isn't all that great either.

He mainly will benefit from the killer axe and the bond supports.

The thing is that I don't tend to bring any units DB members to the final except for Jill (and Micky and Sothe of course).

In part 3 I mainly focus on Jill.

The problem of paragon Jill in 3-6 is that no one else can really benefit from beastfoe except for Leonardo. Micky will be needed for healing. For everyone else it's pretty much a suicide skill, because they can't survive two hits by the tigers. Jill normally can't do it either in the beginning of 3-6, but since she has canto she can get a free kill in each turn. After a few levels her HP and defense will be high enough to wreck all the laguz.

Same strategy in 3-13.

Though I agree that paragon Jill in 3-12 can be awesome, if she can survive and ORKO all the enemies (mainly halberdiers) in the first enemy phase. She requires at least an earth support and a good biorhythm. I actually prefer giving resolve to her for this chapter.

There are still some characters of the GMs, who can benefit from paragon:

• Nephenee
  • Ilyana (if I want to have a rexbolt user in the endgame)
  • Mia (in 3-2 against all the dracos)

Perhaps. Though honestly, with how many chapters the Mercs have, it sounds to me like the benefit ain't really enough to justify it.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Paragon to the DB members is good, if you want to bring one of them to the endgame.

However I see no point in it, if it needs much less effort to give the GMs levels.

The only experiment I did once was Edward with wrath + paragon in 3-6, which worked surprisingly very well. Thanks to lots of criticals with range weapons, he could get lots of level ups in 3-6 and the third tier (pre)promotion 3-13. So I had an user for alondite besides Mia with vague katti.

Paragon to the DB members is good, if you want to bring one of them to the endgame.

However I see no point in it, if it needs much less effort to give the GMs levels.

The only experiment I did once was Edward with wrath + paragon in 3-6, which worked surprisingly very well. Thanks to lots of criticals with range weapons, he could get lots of level ups in 3-6 and the third tier (pre)promotion 3-13. So I had an user for alondite besides Mia with vague katti.

Maybe, but in general, whilst I may not take most of them to the endgame, I can say the same of the Greil Mercenaries. Even so, I'd like them to at least be usable in part 4, because while the royal laguz can solo their maps for the most part, they can't be everywhere at once.

In part 1 I usually give Paragon to Zihark at first, then to Jill when she promotes. I keep it with the DB, usually on Jill still, to comfortably have her reach tier 3 somewhere around 3-12. Beastfoe is pretty good on Nolan (the only tier 1 DB unit I use frequently) since he is more durable than Jill and has the capacity for Vantage. Yeah, he's bad in LTC, but I don't play LTC.

In regards to the op I think giving Paragon to Micaiah in part 1 is a waste. If you make liberal use of her sacrifice skill or just have her in combat often, including 1-10 where she's alone with the black knight, then she's guaranteed to reach level 20 before promotion time. Best to give it to someone less likely to reach promotion and can actually promote when they do. I would also throw out the suggestion of keeping Astrid's innate paragon and giving her Blossom. I did that on my most recent playthrough and she maxed out all her stats by the start of part 4 (though I think I used bonus exp to ensure the last three would get a boost), just in time to shift the skill to Pelleas, or at least it would have been if they let you have Pelleas from base in his first chapter.

In part 1 I usually give Paragon to Zihark at first, then to Jill when she promotes. I keep it with the DB, usually on Jill still, to comfortably have her reach tier 3 somewhere around 3-12. Beastfoe is pretty good on Nolan (the only tier 1 DB unit I use frequently) since he is more durable than Jill and has the capacity for Vantage. Yeah, he's bad in LTC, but I don't play LTC.

I often have two problems with giving beastfoe to Nolan in 3-6:

• It can kill himself. He won't have enough HP and defense to survive two hits by the tigers.
  • If his strength is lacking, he can't even oneshot the tigers.

He needs some levels in 3-6. However in 3-13 it can be godly with the combo vantage.

In regards to the op I think giving Paragon to Micaiah in part 1 is a waste. If you make liberal use of her sacrifice skill or just have her in combat often, including 1-10 where she's alone with the black knight, then she's guaranteed to reach level 20 before promotion time. Best to give it to someone less likely to reach promotion and can actually promote when they do.

Although Micaiah isn't worth to use it, she's still the only tier one unit, who can use it.

In 1-10 I must be more worried about that she'll get oneshotted or doubled, so resolve is the only good skill on her to prevent getting doubled.

I would also throw out the suggestion of keeping Astrid's innate paragon and giving her Blossom. I did that on my most recent playthrough and she maxed out all her stats by the start of part 4 (though I think I used bonus exp to ensure the last three would get a boost), just in time to shift the skill to Pelleas, or at least it would have been if they let you have Pelleas from base in his first chapter.

Paragon is best on those who can equip that & Blossom together. This goes doubly for HM where bexp i.e. min 3 stats level-ups are scarce.

Since Astrid's stats will be pretty bad in 3-11, she requires too much babying on hard mode to benefit from parablossom.

I've done it once and it didn't help me at all since she couldn't do much to the enemies. She also requires a forged bow. It's not worth the trouble, when I've god-snipers like Shinon and Rolf.

Parablossom would be an interesting combination for Kurthnaga. Never tried it out, because I only use the dragons for the boosts.

I often have two problems with giving beastfoe to Nolan in 3-6:

• It can kill himself. He won't have enough HP and defense to survive two hits by the tigers.
  • If his strength is lacking, he can't even oneshot the tigers.

He needs some levels in 3-6. However in 3-13 it can be godly with the combo vantage.

2 shouldn't be a problem because Crossbows are buyable in 3-6 (though it means Leonardo can use beastfoe just as well). 1 can be a problem, but if you trade-equip him a Bronze axe he shouldn't finish off any enemies unless he can double cats.

Just solo 3-6, 3-12 and 3-13 with Beastfoe Jill for the first chapter, and you can put Paragon on Jill if you wish for 3-12 and 3-13. LTC or not doesn't matter. Nolan and Volug just aren't worth the time or effort if you can use Jill.

Edited by Chiki

2 shouldn't be a problem because Crossbows are buyable in 3-6 (though it means Leonardo can use beastfoe just as well). 1 can be a problem, but if you trade-equip him a Bronze axe he shouldn't finish off any enemies unless he can double cats.

Leonardo is the safest choice for beastfoe for sure since he can attack from the distance. However I think it's really not worthy to invest in him. If he can double the tigers at least, he'll be useful enough.

Nolan with crossbow is interesting, at least in 3-13 for attacking from the ledges.

Just solo 3-6, 3-12 and 3-13 with Beastfoe Jill for the first chapter, and you can put Paragon on Jill if you wish for 3-12 and 3-13. LTC or not doesn't matter. Nolan and Volug just aren't worth the time or effort if you can use Jill.

That's how I normally play it. However I like to give resolve to Jill in 3-12, because there are tons of enemies, who can attack her in the first enemy phase. With forged weapons she can ORKO everyone except for the generals and swordmasters.