Official Website Update (6/16)

Lushiris

I feel you. It makes me feel like Nohr is a lower priority because they just reuse assets from Awakening, but one of the sides was bound to get jiffed.

It really feels like they are trying to promote hoshido far more and it was inevitable one side would get less attention shame it had to be the good side

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think Nohr received a lot more attention than Hoshido a few months back, not to mention Nohr still has the more intriguing storyline, remember? For people like me who play primarily for the story, that's a gigantic plus.

Well, I think Nohr received a lot more attention than Hoshido a few months back, not to mention Nohr still has the more intriguing storyline, remember? For people like me who play primarily for the story, that's a gigantic plus.

That's true. Of course, whether or not the story is up to standard is a different story (I assume it will be good). But I can't say I'm fond of having carbon copies and a ruler clearly intended to be less sympathetic (from what we've seen), but there's still a large portion of the game not shown, so I'll reserve judgement and wait to see how both games compare to another.

It really feels like they are trying to promote hoshido far more and it was inevitable one side would get less attention shame it had to be the good side

Hoshido definitely seems more diverse in terms of character design and (shame I have to use this term) "waifus". I'll inevitably get both, but I really want both games to be loved and excellent and not one being clearly superior in most regards.

That's true. Of course, whether or not the story is up to standard is a different story (I assume it will be good). But I can't say I'm fond of having carbon copies and a ruler clearly intended to be less sympathetic (from what we've seen), but there's still a large portion of the game not shown, so I'll reserve judgement and wait to see how both games compare to another.

I don't see how that's supposed to be a bad thing. If anything, it creates more tension in the Nohr storyline, as well as the moral dilemma of murdering your own father. I see that as a good thing, and although I doubt it, Garon might have some hidden depth, so I definitely look forward to playing through that route as well. Had the English version come first, I might've chosen Nohr from the get-go solely due to how they've written the story.

I like the Hoshido cast a lot more based on who we've seen so far. While there are several Nohr characters I like the look of there also seem to be a lot of crazies and sadists. There are still quite a few characters to come though, so I'm not really concerned and I still plan on playing nohr... er, "Conquest" first.

I was a bit... surprised by some of the voices, but I don't plan on ever playing the Japanese version so it doesn't really matter.

Edited by EJ107

Thanks ^^

I tried translating the new bios myself and I got something slightly different for Setsuna. Not sure which one is more accurate.

Hinoka's subordinate. She speaks little and comes and goes like a shadow. Extremely clumsy, but has nerves of steel and is oblivious to sarcasm. She passes her spare time by daydreaming and silently shooting objects down.

First off thank you Kirokan great work!

Hmmmmm now looking at everyone I am starting to question which side to choose....

I'm liking Kagerou not for *clears throat* for the obvious reasons but I like cool collected women......and ninjas.

Kazahana is a tomboy samurai? SCORE!!!!

However........

Setsuna's character sounds well okay I guess..

Also Oboro destroyed my ear drums!

In regards to Nohr though......

Pieri speaks in third person?!?! God damn it.........

But there is still Gasto- I mean Harold.

Also Oboro destroyed my ear drums!

Pieri speaks in third person?!?! God damn it.........

My Japanese Fire Emblem runs will be sausage fests...and I had such hopes for Oboro, too.

What is it called when a character hears/experiences something so unpleasant that the camera shatters like glass? That has pretty much happened to me four times now. Dang, how do people put up with that noise?

I like Oboro voice. It's cute.

I just hope there will be dual audio, because i don't want to hurt my ears with English voices. They suffered enough, thank you E3 trailer..

Thanks for translations and your hard work! You are all awesome!

Edited by Random Person

Guess you didn't see the post where I added Sakura's servants' VAs. Oh well, you can just pretend "Yayo" is a typo. :) Thanks for the hard work.

I only saw it when I ran through now... sigh... I'll fix that one xD

Thanks ^^

I tried translating the new bios myself and I got something slightly different for Setsuna. Not sure which one is more accurate.

You're welcome! Yes, I hated the wording on tha tone. I originally went with oblivious to sarcasm, then thought this, then that. I like yours better though, so will implement that line. : ) (I also realized I didn't even see 射落として in there last night... xD)

Good job Vincent : ) Fixed!

Edited by Kirokan

Thanks Kirokan!

Anyway, kind of disappointed in Oboro's description, I have a feeling "acting a girl her age will keep her from being the smug Toph expy I wanted, but I won't give up hope...

I wonder what weapons a mountaineer uses? Wasn't he an excorist in the classes video or was that not Asama?

Setsuna sounds interesting, looking forward to more info on her.

I've been in love with Mazahana from day one and her bio has changed nothing.

Lazard sounds too much like Inigo.

I love characters that speak in 3rd person so my affection for Pieri has increased even more, although I worry about her child like base personality being too cute or dumb.

Odin seems to be less of a Owain copy than believed.

Luna sounds like Severa without the mommy issues and less tsundere, so that's good.

I love Belka's armor.

Elfie's face looks older than her age.

Thanks ^^

Either way both imply she's socially aloof, kind of like Sheldon from Big Bang theory.

Nothing screams professionalism more than coming after your prey with a bloody wyvern.

Seriously, if you can ride a dragon-like beast, you do it. Not like it will hinder her unless there is a nation like Sacae (I.e. Full of bow users).

Seriously, if you can ride a dragon-like beast, you do it. Not like it will hinder her unless there is a nation like Sacae (I.e. Full of bow users).

So a nation like say... Bowshido?

High-five!

Five'd!

Though it looks like Bowshido also has a lot of Laces/Naginatas... which usually have the horseslayer weapons... and Nohr has all the horses... My god, I see why Nohr is the harder path now.

The two sides seem balanced to me. Hoshido has the new classes and weapons, while Nohr has the new story and structure.

Nohr seems like the real meat of it, so I figure I'll ease into it with Hoshido in a week, see how it goes, and then inevitably feel compelled to get Nohr right afterward even though it means I'll end up buying them both twice once the English versions come out because HOLY SHIT THIS LOOKS SO GOOD.

Kirokan, our thanks to you. =D

My take on the characters:

Oboro "Cute Lance User"... Her voice might even be, but everything else about her still screams smug as heck!

Setsuna is awesome, i was expecting a somewhat more energic voice from her, but i was positivelly surprised there with that sleepy-like voice.

I'm really satisfied with the not!children's voices, though they sound the exact oposite of what their awakening couterparts were

-Luna sounds a tad more kind, while severa was Captain Sarcasm-makes-you-feel-bad-cause-why-not.

-Lasward sounds more mature than Inigo.

-Odin sounds a lot composed and even calm in comparison to Owain.

Pieri's sounds even more childish/overkill kawaii/overmoe than the little sisters. But i was braced for something like that.

Belka looks really good, armor, personality, voice and all fits her perfectly.

Everyone else is as i've expected.

Edited by Lawful Angry

Oboro reminds of Connundrum's voices in Tales of Hearts.

I skipped every part where she was involved...

EDIT : And Kazahana is a female's version of Suikoden Tierkreis' MC...
I wouldn't imagined her to speak so rapidly, given her appearance.

Edited by Tamanoir

Oh and thank you Kirokan! I swear I mentioned it in my first post but I guess the edit didn't go through...

Thanks ^^

Ugh Setsuna is definitely shaping up to be my new favourite next to Tsubaki and Takumi.