We have the answer to "is marriage in this game?"

Tackman

I still had hope for this game. but if this is real, it's now just a carbon copy of Awakening the Personal Flop.

thanks for nothing IS.

(yeah sorry but I'm salty & I think I have every right to be lol.)

Edited by ojsama

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really ? No one was annoyed ? I'm not the majority of course, but I was somewhat annoyed by Sigurd/Deidre... Not that I actually disliked it.

...Sigurd/Ayra for OP Celice. :p

I'm not the only one who though about that, no ?

Problem: Seliph wouldn't be a legitimate heir to rule over Grannvale as per Azmur's wishes prior to his death (Mind you, he said that to Arvis, but still).

Anyway, I don't care for all of this salt. I'm laughing at reactions on both sides. Awakening the "flop"? Oh my god.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Hm? No. Anyone could marry anyone in gen 1. Aside from Sigurd/Deridre and Quan/Ethlyn since they're story marriages.

That's what I'm saying. Marriage in FE4 was limited to specific characters who were locked into each other meaning you had unique supports but only because they were the only ones who could marry eachother. there was no mixing and matching for the most part.

Edited by Shadow Knight

That's what I'm saying. Marriage in FE4 were limited to specific characters who were locked into each other meaning you had unique supports but only because they were the only ones who could marry eachother. there was no mixing and matching for the most part.

No it wasn't. Plus there was no supports. There were a few pairings pushed harder than others which resulted in some unique convos, but if one were to pair Noish with Ayra, there's zero fanfare, but it happens.

Really ? No one was annoyed ? I'm not the majority of course, but I was somewhat annoyed by Sigurd/Deidre... Not that I actually disliked it.

...Sigurd/Ayra for OP Celice. :p

I'm not the only one who though about that, no ?

Oh you can have a powerful Celice with the silver sword of his father (with 50+ kills) and a support with Lakche that making her a real killer machine.

And i'm not against the whole Sigurd/Deidre thing 'cause it makes the story more touching.

The only good thing that came of this for me is that other people will enjoy the game. I personally hate this as, unlike Awakening, this will and NOTHING to the narrative. Part of the narrative in Awakening is about time travelling to stop the destruction of the world by Grima. You could feasibly tie in marriage to what the game is centered around. But this makes no sense whatsoever as there is no point for there to be time travel or some half baked Outrealm nonsense. It honestly just seems arbitrary to put the mechanic in the game if only to pander to the fans of Awakening romance. Unless it is a bonus thing, it really contributes nothing to the whole "Your choice of allegiance will change history" thing.

Except we didn't know about Grima until Chapter 13, other than there was something causing the Risen to appear?

I personally think there's more than the Nohr/Hoshido conflict going on considering Aqua's glowy purple problem and the Faceless that are appearing. Most FE games that have monsters, the monsters tie to the final boss in some way. (I say most because I have not played FE2)

Awakening was the most successful FE game and Fates has a reasonable claim to bringing the most new stuff to the series of any game since Thracia.

I still had hope for this game. but if this is real, it's now just a carbon copy of Awakening the Flop.

thanks for nothing IS.

(yeah sorry but I'm salty & I think I have every right to be lol.)

You can dislike Awakening. You can be salty. You can dislike children. (In real life as well, yes, you can.)

But saying it was a flop because YOU didn't like it ? Eh, that's not how it works. That game was a sucess - like it or not, but it was.

On an other part : I hope that there will soon be additional details about how kids will be optional and not tied to some time travel canon storyline. (If they time traveled, I swear I'll be as salty as the person I quoted. I love Awakening, but I sure don't want Awakening 2.0. FE14 can have children, and I like them, but please don't be a carbon copy.)

You can dislike Awakening. You can be salty. You can dislike children. (In real life as well, yes, you can.)

But saying it was a flop because YOU didn't like it ? Eh, that's not how it works. That game was a sucess - like it or not, but it was.

I meant Awakening the Flop as in 'Awakening the Flop for me.' should have clarified, sorry. I'm not so stupid & bitter to Awakening to not recognize it was successful lol Edited by ojsama

Umm... crazy thought, but what if the children are the third path?

Like, they're not playable in either of the other two, just the third one? The third path is then based on the choices you make in your first playthrough as either Hoshido or Nohr?

Eh, very good point. Though if Celice wanted the throne, it wouldn't have mattered, since he won the war and all.

Le Freak, please don't destroy my dream of crack pairings. :p

Though I agree, Celice/Lakche is a beast.

inb4 shadowofchaos/Rey promotes KamuixKamui genderswap selfcest

...How long will it take ?

I can't express my dissapointment (edit), it's overwhelming me too much right now.

Well done, people.

Laugh at people that are dissapointed over their favourite supposedly epic franchise being torn apart and turned into another dating simulator.

And don't come at me with this being optional. As a gamer, you want to get the most out of a game you rightfully payed for, so you can't simply ignore that.

So sick of this week.

Edit: Welp, figured people would still make fun of them. *slowly claps*

Edited by Ragnar

No it wasn't. Plus there was no supports. There were a few pairings pushed harder than others which resulted in some unique convos, but if one were to pair Noish with Ayra, there's zero fanfare, but it happens.

You're right, just let me explain. The original post I was responding to was complaining about the generic S supports in Awakening between children and spouses and how FE:4s were more unique. All I'm saying is that the only reason the conversations were unique is because pairings were much more limited in FE:4 than in Awakening where you can mix and match.

That's what I'm saying. Marriage in FE4 was limited to specific characters who were locked into each other meaning you had unique supports but only because they were the only ones who could marry eachother. there was no mixing and matching for the most part.

But the pushed pairings made sense and felt that there was chemistry which most Awakening supports can't say. The forced pairings were only set in stone in order to further strengthen the story and raise tension during the final moments of the 1st generation. Fe4 1st gen takes place over 3-5 years so there is a lot of time for romance to bloom, so the relationships had more of an impact and was more heartbreaking when we see how most won't have a happy ending. But this is really just an argument of quality vs quantity which is completely opinionated.

I can't express my anger, it's overwhelming me too much right now.

Well done, people.

Laugh at people that are dissapointed over their favourite supposedly epic franchise being torn apart and turned into another dating simulator.

And don't come at me with this being optional. As a gamer, you want to get the most out of a game you rightfully payed for, so you can't simply ignore that.

So sick of this week.

I can laugh all I want because it's a friggin' video game. If the alternative was for the series to completely die and folks like you would be okay with that, that would be downright childish and pathetic.

FE is more mainstream now.

Don't like, don't buy.

And don't lump me in as an Awakening fanboy. Thracia is still my favorite game. I'm just a bit more open-minded than most.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

After reading the whole topic (really)...

I'm going to concur with the many who said that children are fine. It worked in FE4! But time travel isn't.

However, the limited romance options makes me hope for less generic father supports, possibly a unique child per pairing to make them feel like the product of both parents rather than just the mother. For example, Severa's entire character is built on her relationship with Cordelia. Her relationship with her father, while existant, was generic and none of her personality comes from him. I wouldn't get hopes up for unique child per pairing, though.

If time travel is not the reason, I'm going to be happy enough.

Hey guys just got home from uni, what's u-

O.o

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan *shakes fist*

Okay, exaggeration aside..I-I think I can live with this...

Barely..I mean..maybe they don't use time travel..that'd be unoriginal..ahahaha..

(Same-sex pairings T-T)

But the pushed pairings made sense and felt that there was chemistry which most Awakening supports can't say. The forced pairings were only set in stone in order to further strengthen the story and raise tension during the final moments of the 1st generation. Fe4 1st gen takes place over 3-5 years so there is a lot of time for romance to bloom, so the relationships had more of an impact and was more heartbreaking when we see how most won't have a happy ending. But this is really just an argument of quality vs quantity which is completely opinionated.

Of course and this was helped bc of FE:4's fantastic revenge story. Personally I think some of Awakening's pairing supports are on par with FE:4's such as Lon'qu and Lissa, Avatar and Cordelia, etc.

Though to be fair, all of the spouse supports in Awakening were unique with differing quality. It was the children's supports that were generic.

But its all opinionated in the end. I personally am happy that children are back as long as time travel is out. But I'm sorry if you don't feel the same way. I do hope you still enjoy the game if you decide to buy it.To each their own

Edited by Shadow Knight

I can laugh all I want because it's a friggin' video game. If the alternative was for the series to completely die and folks like you would be okay with that, that would be downright childish and pathetic.

FE is more mainstream now.

Don't like, don't buy.

And don't lump me in as an Awakening fanboy. Thracia is still my favorite game. I'm just a bit more open-minded than most.

What he said. Nerd rage is almost always pretty pathetic.

After reading the whole topic (really)...

I'm going to concur with the many who said that children are fine. It worked in FE4! But time travel isn't.

However, the limited romance options makes me hope for less generic father supports, possibly a unique child per pairing to make them feel like the product of both parents rather than just the mother. For example, Severa's entire character is built on her relationship with Cordelia. Her relationship with her father, while existant, was generic and none of her personality comes from him. I wouldn't get hopes up for unique child per pairing, though.

If time travel is not the reason, I'm going to be happy enough.

Yeah, I'm not really holding my breath for super unique children, although I kinda want that a lot. I hope that limiting things means that they can put more effort into making children seem like the product of both parents, not just one, and that they have more indications of their other parent than just hair color (i.e. in their personalities). I would honestly be fine with them making it so that only certain pairings produce children even though that would really lock you into choosing certain pairings if they did that (but I don't think they will). I think someone else was right saying the restrictions most likely are referring to not being able to romance siblings - but I want to know if they're restricting just the blood relations or if it also applies to the siblings you were raised alongside even if you're not blood related.

Umm... crazy thought, but what if the children are the third path?

Like, they're not playable in either of the other two, just the third one? The third path is then based on the choices you make in your first playthrough as either Hoshido or Nohr?

Doesn't sound like it. Someone said there was a mention of them being in both main paths, and the third path replaces the other two rather than following them chronologically.