Nintendo Dream leaks (Spoilers!!!!)

I'm kinda worried now,I was really hoping for same-sex marriage but now with this leak I'm upset it might not appear :/. Plus does this mean the unlimited support options like in awakening? Idk I really hope that there are other ways to s-support your units rather than just romantically......

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, so is it confirmed the children stuff isn't part of the main plot, or...?

It's not confirmed, although so far things seem to be lining up in that direction.

We know that the children

join after S supports like in Awakening, rather than a specific point of the story. So, the children, including Kanna, the avatar's (and this time also sole main characters') child, has little potential to appear in story scenes. There's also a quote from Kanna, the avatar's daughter, about fighting alongside her father in the "outer world". There also doesn't seem to be any Lucina-like main character to represent them in the main plot, or the forced marriage that would need to come with that.

Of course, in spite of lack of marketing presence it's still possible we might get some kind of surprise main character to tie them to the main story. Maybe just a child of npcs rather than any playable character.

Edited by NeonZ

I dunno why people are already jumping to the conclusion "Time Travel Children" I honestly think everyone needs to calm and wait for more new. Also, from what I've heard the first FE game to children in it they had a timeskip mechanic? Perhaps that's what is going to happen here? Seriously, all this negativity is depressing! Can we we be a bit more positive and less hateful please? :c

It's not confirmed, although so far things seem to be lining up in that direction.

We know that the children

join after S supports like in Awakening, rather than a specific point of the story. So, the children, including Kanna, the avatar's (and this time also sole main characters') child, has little potential to appear in story scenes. There's also a quote from Kanna, the avatar's daughter, about fighting alongside her father in the "outer world". There also doesn't seem to be any Lucina-like main character to represent them in the main plot.

Of course, in spite of lack of marketing presence it's still possible we might get surprise main character to tie them to the main story.

Ah, I see. Thanks! I think I'll be fine with them if they're optional side-stuff instead of being shoved into the main story like in Awakening. It didn't work in that game where it was the main focus of the plot, so I don't see how it could work here :T

I dunno why people are already jumping to the conclusion "Time Travel Children" I honestly think everyone needs to calm and wait for more new. Also, from what I've heard the first FE game to children in it they had a timeskip mechanic? Perhaps that's what is going to happen here? Seriously, all this negativity is depressing! Can we we be a bit more positive and less hateful please? :c

The first FE game with children was FE4 and had an ellipse during the story, the characters of the 1st gen would be older after the gap justifying the age of the children, here Kamui/Corrin doesn't seem to age neither does Tsukuyomi so it implies that there is no ellipse.

Dude

Spoilers

I'm almost serious, too. Not sure if you post often, though.

...Spoilers...?

This is everywhere on the forums. It would be pretty hard not to find out about it.

Though yes, I was venting. I changed my profile; this is formerly Leon of Nohr.

Has anyone translated what Kamui is saying to Felicia?

I need my feels for the day....

Unfortunately it is too hard to read due to low quality of both pictures. Maybe when a digital scan of Dengeki comes out.

I'm kinda worried now,I was really hoping for same-sex marriage but now with this leak I'm upset it might not appear :/. Plus does this mean the unlimited support options like in awakening? Idk I really hope that there are other ways to s-support your units rather than just romantically......

I wouldn't expect same-sex marriage from Japan for at least 5 years. More likely 10. Just not their thing.

Ritisa, I'm not saying story isn't important, just that Nintendo never has and never will place story in high regards in game making. Heck, FE 7 and 9 are the only games in the series I feel have good plot lines, and those are my two favorite games in the series. IS is going with Nintendo's philosophy here, so they can make a game that is fun to play. I do play games for the storylines, but when Nintendo is in on it, I only look forward to the gameplay.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Status quo is not an argument.

It's just an excuse to not try. A lame one.

Don't go telling me the story and the gameplay aren't intertwined, that they're not focusing on the story when the story causes an entire GAME and DESIGN split, especially if they're expecting us to dish out at least double the money's worth if not more to experience the entirety of the game. If they can't write well and the story sucks, that's Nintendo's fault and their fault entirely, not because "we wanted to focus on the gameplay," not "we wanted to create two experiences," and especially not "we're working on a time crunch," because if their actual interest was in a fully realized vision, they'd take as much time as they need, writing, voice-acting, and design-wise.

They had the money and the goodwill of the crowd to make any kind of thought-provoking, high-concept design for their next Fire Emblem game; they knew their next game was going to sell with the figures that came with Awakening. The series is far from dead at this point, and with Awakening's reception Intelligent Systems have earned the time they need to make a game with a well-written, focused cast, a fully-realized setting and culture, a story that organically unfolds, level designs that demand unconventional and ingenious strategy to prevail, rather than relying on cheaply and shamelessly pandering to otaku-shut-in demographics that convey only an intention to move more units.

And oh hey, look! The system that cheaply and shamelessly panders to otaku-shut-in demographics has returned! WaIFu Emblem RETURNS!

Meanwhile, me, along with every other idealist who wishes for a well-written story and ingenious level design are seeing this warning flag for what it is: a warning flag.

Maybe I'm just being a hypocrite, maybe we CAN have a generation system AND a well-written story AND as have gameplay, have the best of three worlds. But my hopes are starting very, VERY low.

Writing over money. Story over spectacle. Humane characters that connect to all aspects of our humanity over poorly-executed otaku tropes. Organic, cohesive narrative flow over plot contrivances. If Intelligent Systems fails to realize those rules, then that's their fault, and fuck them for it.

...Spoilers...?

This is everywhere on the forums. It would be pretty hard not to find out about it.

Though yes, I was venting. I changed my profile; this is formerly Leon of Nohr.

Ah, I see, good to know.

And I guess you're right. Plus I'm no mod, so whatever.

Has anyone translated what Kamui is saying to Felicia?

I need my feels for the day....

Unfortunately it is too hard to read due to low quality of both pictures. Maybe when a digital scan of Dengeki comes out.

If I were to take a guess I'd say it reads:
下手でもドジでもいいから・・・これから僕のこと、
一生ずっと世話をしてくれないかな?
...I'll leave it to Kirokan to translate that in a way that doesn't make it sound incredibly awkward and silly.

I had a theory since the first ever shown trailer that Aqua's powers had something to do with time but if her time-travel powers means children I'll pay IS to prove me wrong. I'd much rather children implemented in a way that they show up in a bonus paired ending CG so you can still marry characters and get confessions and children, only without the children being central to the plot.

Well...I'm skeptical about Fates' plot now but I'm not going to write it off just yet, maybe the new writer knows how to make it work

I am only OK with children returning IF(puns) they have a different explanation for why they are grown up. I have a theory, maybe since in the first trailer they showed what seemed to be Parallel universes, combined with Kanna's text, might suggest that there are many Parallel universes, where time flows differently. So maybe in the main universe, Tsukuyomi & Orochi get hitched, and Shala, or whatever her name is, is born. But in a Parallel Universe, Shala is already grown up, therefore recruitable.

Aren't there a few games where there were children fighitng alongside parents after a time skip, but the portraits of the parents weren't updated? I've heard dynasty warriors had something like that, and I vaguely remember seeing a few others, but not sure where.

The only way i could see children characters logically appearing without time travel is through outrealm shenanigans or if there is a MASSIVE time skip in between certain chapters. And to be completely honest, none of those options sit very well with me. I am trying to remain optimistic, but I am quite wary. It is bad enough that some characters are already seem to closely resemble Awakening children, but if Fates has its own children characters, I have no idea how they could be justified logically.

As for marriage though, I have no problems with. Move along citizen.

But wait, if this parallel universe thing is true, then can't their be children characters on our side?

"BLAM!" THAT KIND OF THINKING IS HERESY!

Aren't there a few games where there were children fighitng alongside parents after a time skip, but the portraits of the parents weren't updated? I've heard dynasty warriors had something like that, and I vaguely remember seeing a few others, but not sure where.

Conception? It had classmating, after all.

Oh yeah, about this. Fuck.

Yes, it happens in Dynasty Warriors. They use the same model for Liu Bei from him fighting by himself against the Yellow Turbans to his death as the Emperor of Shu after his failed campaign against Wu - which covers around 40 years. Still, they generally make the parent characters "adults" at least, with the children being designed like late teens, so they don't look too odd when they're together, even though they should be older.

The two scans specifically mention that they appear after S supports though. There's even a flowchart in the 2nd scan. So, it doesn't sound like there are any timeskips here.

Edited by NeonZ

NOOOOO!!!!

ARGHHH!!!

Why!? Time travel is the WORST plot device! I was so hoping for an exciting story, but now we have Awakening 2.0.

Now the first generation parents are going to TOTALLY get outclassed by their future children. The children will be obnoxious tropes and any semblance for same-sex romance is OUT now.

So much for hoping for a tighter, smaller cast. Now no one will get good character development. This ruined the game for me.

Edited by Leif

I now remember I was afraid of time travelling shenanigans as soon as I saw the weird floating islands and the portals in the very first trailer.

Well, I'm not saying I won't play the game anymore, but I'm not sure I'll get Hoshido at this point, especially if I can get the Hoshidan units I like via StreetPass... the writer has to be very good to make it all seem plausible and not fanservice. Sigh.

Plus, as a mechanic, it's going to be hard for us Nohrians to use the children, especially if we get excellent prepromotes like the Royal Siblings.

At least I'll be able to get Arthur and Effie together, right...? I think they'd look cute as a couple.

But what makes me the saddest is that it's actually making Fates seem less like its own thing. I wanted it to be something new plot wise and now they do this?? Fuck. Please let the offsprings be an extra and plot irrelevant.

NOOOOO!!!!

ARGHHH!!!

Why!? Time travel is the WORST plot device! I was so hoping for an exciting story, but now we have Awakening 2.0.

Now the first generation parents are going to TOTALLY get outclassed by their future children. The children will be obnoxious tropes and any semblance for same-sex romance is OUT now.

So much for hoping for a tighter, smaller cast. Now no one will get good character development. This ruined the game for me.

I feel the same, but I'm clinging to the hope that they'll be entirely optional and I won't have to even see them during the story. I really hate that all these characters people have been so excited to use will now just be turned into breeders for overpowered children units.

I'm beyond curious how they're going to implement this, especially with the limited resources in Nohrs route.

Also, I saw Vincent mentioned that Tsukuyomi's kid mentioned fighting with her father in the other world. I wonder if that's related to the same world where the Gamglori came from?

I also have an idea for how children could work without time travel, although I know it's unlikely to happen, since Tsukuyomi and Corrin are shown having not aged while next to their kids.

What if the children are for the 3rd route? Maybe it takes place in the future (15-23 years) where Kamui resolved the war but that Iago dude or some unknown villian activates the beginning of what would be a reallllly long con, and it's up to the second generation of units to fight. So in other words, 3rd route would be where you got to use the kids. Except I don't know why Tsukuyomi wouldn't have aged...(Corrin's youth can be explained by his dragon blood)

... Welp.

Time to unlock the bunker.

Room for one more?

This...I don't know. I really don't know how to feel about this. Awakening's story made time-traveling kids make sense (and time travel/Outrealm shenanigans is basically the only way children based on S-ranks can work, don't hope for a timeskip). Fates either doesn't (so the kids have no business here), or does (and I fear will end up too close to Awakening's story for comfort). Neither option is pleasant. I even like children, but...it's like going to a fancy restaurant and them serving a steak with a side of fries. I love fries and will eat them happily, but they just don't help the presentation.

Oh well, this is just a knee-jerk reaction. I know I'll end up enjoying them in the end.

This post perfectly summarizes how I feel.

This is my fear too :(

I would have preferred no children (Even though Awakening is my fav game so far). At least I hope there's a... good history reason why they added children...

As does this one.

Edited by BlueL

I liked the children mechanic from Awakening. Sure time travel is a cop out but I really DGAF. I like theorycrafting more than actually playing the game so the more spreadsheets I can break out the better.

People complaining that the children in Awakening were broken but FE4 was ok lol. The FE4 children are so broken it isn't even funny. Second gen FE4 is the biggest joke of a Fire Emblem game.