Nintendo Dream leaks (Spoilers!!!!)

People complaining that the children in Awakening were broken but FE4 was ok lol. The FE4 children are so broken it isn't even funny. Second gen FE4 is the biggest joke of a Fire Emblem game.

Hey now, who said that? Anyone who played FE4 can say the right parents can make children broken, so I'm pretty sure that came from someone who never touched the game or did something like Aideen/Arden.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm beyond curious how they're going to implement this, especially with the limited resources in Nohrs route.

Probably cause it was popular. It's kinda weird to say but we're definitely not the only fans of the series. Other people liked it and it seems that those who didn't want it are a minority.

Probably cause it was popular. It's kinda weird to say but we're definitely not the only fans of the series. Other people liked it and it seems that those who didn't want it are a minority.

Yeah, sadly from IS's perspective, this is their winning formula. Awakening did too well, it seems. The justification: "why go back to the low sales of games like Radiant Dawn or Sacred stones when we can sell millions of copies with children and marriage included?"

I liked the children mechanic from Awakening. Sure time travel is a cop out but I really DGAF. I like theorycrafting more than actually playing the game so the more spreadsheets I can break out the better.

People complaining that the children in Awakening were broken but FE4 was ok lol. The FE4 children are so broken it isn't even funny. Second gen FE4 is the biggest joke of a Fire Emblem game.

Fe4 kids wasn't broken?

Yeah, sadly from IS's perspective, this is their winning formula. Awakening did too well, it seems. The justification: "why go back to the low sales of games like Radiant Dawn or Sacred stones when we can sell millions of copies with children and marriage included?"

Well, let's hope that the trend will die and by the next FE game, we'll be back to normal. Although I still want S-Supports. Just not children.

Fe4 kids wasn't broken?

Agreed. Cuz, in FE 4, all the adults were dead.

So, the FE4 kids aren't broken, they were the only units you had.

It's when you have Children and Adults that things get bad. I love the idea of the children having to inherit the fight, but this way, it's like you're trying to have your cake and eat it. It cheapens the story overall, since the adults never actually face up to their failures.

It's like.... idk, if you could bring back Aerith in FFVII. Her death would then have no meaning at all.

Wait, back up here. I thought it was just the marriage mechanic that was popular, not the children mechanic. This is why I'm confused at the children most specifically, not so much the S-supporting. In fact, I kinda hoped for S supports. Just not damn kids.

Edited by Anacybele

Wait, back up here. I thought it was just the marriage mechanic that was popular, not the children mechanic. This is why I'm confused at the children most specifically, not so much the S-supporting. In fact, I kinda hoped for S supports. Just not damn kids.

Well people liked that too and IS thought it was a good move. Who knows, maybe it is a good move and these children are great characters. I dunno.

It's when you have Children and Adults that things get bad. I love the idea of the children having to inherit the fight, but this way, it's like you're trying to have your cake and eat it. It cheapens the story overall, since the adults never actually face up to their failures.

It's like.... idk, if you could bring back Aerith in FFVII. Her death would then have no meaning at all.

This is actually a very good point, and it was actually a theme throughout Awakening: hinting at "tragic" things that are immediately fixed so that no one actually has to suffer.

[spoiler=Awakening spoilers]Like how Emmeryn sacrifices herself... except she doesn't actually die and you can actually marry her (even though she can barely talk)! Or how Robin sacrifices themselves... except Chrom and Lissa find them after the game anyway and they presumably live happily ever after!

I don't know, it's just bad writing overall, and I wouldn't be surprised if Fates suffered from it too. It seems like these games just want to reward the player immediately without having them put in too much effort at all.

Edited by nemissa

I liked the children mechanic from Awakening. Sure time travel is a cop out but I really DGAF. I like theorycrafting more than actually playing the game so the more spreadsheets I can break out the better.

I am, at least, talking about children from a STORY perspective. Yes, FE4 second gen was a joke. However, the children were needed because the parents were dead. No one complained about FE4 because it touched on a deep theme--the children inherit first generation problems and have to fix them.

When young, teenage parents are also confronted by their magical, time-traveling otaku teenage children, it ruins the dignity of the story, especially when you consider that this story aims to take itself seriously with it's moral choice(s) and all.

WE DIDN'T NEED THESE CHILDREN. The first generation obviously won't get wiped out and killed in the story so the kids are extraneous.

Edited by Leif

They are insanely more popular with the Japanese fanbase than the western fanbase, they gonna appeal to their domestic audience too. I personally only care about the marriage part and meh about the children.

Yeah, but what I'm wondering is how this is going to fit with the story. With Awakening, it worked with what the plot was doing. But here, I see no indication of how time traveling kids can tie into the story, especially Nohr's version because of the limited experience and grinding. And it wouldn't be right for only Hoshido to have the marriage and kids, because why would one nation be reproducing and the other not?

I can only see this being shoehorned in for the sake of popularity. I don't think it's going to sit well even with fans that did like the mechanic. In fact, I don't really hate it myself, I just hated the time travel crap. I'm not into that stuff.

This is so wrong it's not even funny. The kids /are/ broken on their own merits.

Try doing a substitute only run. You'll be amazed at how bad they can be at base. Even Hawk, probably one of the best substitute units, is nothing compared to Lewyn!Ced.

Scratch that: Lewyn!Arthur. Forseti on a goddamn horse and you have him since the 1st chapter of the 2nd generation. He doesn't start with a horse mind you, but it's very easy to get him to that point. Amid can't come close to that and he lacks a horse.

Also remember that you do have Finn, Shanan and Oifaye, all of whom may as well be 1st gen units (And Finn joins as you left him). And Hannibal.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

The biggest thing I can say: the two things that made Awakening sell well were Casual Mode and Nintendo actually advertising it. I swear, virtually any other Fire Emblem game would have met with similiar success if it had Casual Mode and a marketing push.

Also, as for the FE4 second gen, to my knowledge... can't you screw it up? If you're just playing the game/don't know what you're doing, you can get some non-optimal pairings and as a result, mediocre units. While in Awakening, due to the way inheritance works, the kids will always be at least slightly better than their parents.

Huh, so it was real?

Oh well. I always found children characters as a mechanic interesting, even if pretty weird. As long as it makes some sort sense story-wise that is. Genealogy and Agarest actually made it pretty good, and Awakening was... Okayish.

Overall I'm pretty indiferent about this news I guess.

I would also like to add that I had no idea what I was getting into when I started playing Agarest

I'll save my screaming fury for when cross-world hopping or time travelling is revealed to be the cause. On the other hand, if there's actually a time skip in story to justify this, I'll be mildly happy.

I'm beyond curious how they're going to implement this, especially with the limited resources in Nohrs route.

This makes me wonder, could it be that children are Hoshido-only thing? It was stated that Hoshido's the game designed with Awakening fans in mind after all.

Certainly would make sense in terms of the grinding aspect.

That would give Hoshido a lot more characters though. If this actually happened, I would expect Kamui's child to be a thing in Nohr too though

Also, as for the FE4 second gen, to my knowledge... can't you screw it up? If you're just playing the game/don't know what you're doing, you can get some non-optimal pairings and as a result, mediocre units. While in Awakening, due to the way inheritance works, the kids will always be at least slightly better than their parents.

You have to try to do that. The game literally pushes Lewyn/Fury and other things like Ayra/Lex, so getting something like...Arden!Ced requires /effort/.

Not to mention Seliph, Ares, Altenna, Leif and Julia are always set.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Yeah, but what I'm wondering is how this is going to fit with the story. With Awakening, it worked with what the plot was doing. But here, I see no indication of how time traveling kids can tie into the story, especially Nohr's version because of the limited experience and grinding. And it wouldn't be right for only Hoshido to have the marriage and kids, because why would one nation be reproducing and the other not?

I can only see this being shoehorned in for the sake of popularity. I don't think it's going to sit well even with fans that did like the mechanic. In fact, I don't really hate it myself, I just hated the time travel crap. I'm not into that stuff.

Maybe they won't have anything to do with the story at all. I hope they don't. I'd rather them pop up in My Castle without any explanation, than the plot to be screwed up by them being forced into the story.

Maybe they won't have anything to do with the story at all. I hope they don't. I'd rather them pop up in My Castle without any explanation, than the plot to be screwed up by them being forced into the story.

Agreed.

...But again, they might as well just scream "shameless pandering".

It definitely seems like few are 100% happy with this announcement, even those who liked the marriage and child mechanics.

Marriage in game? In don't want it, and I would rather prefer it remain an end game thing, but I can tolerate it. But children? CHILDREN?

If children are optional, I'm not getting them. If they're mandatory, I'm not using them. I really hope they're an end game thing that isn't involved in the main story whatsoever.

I can understand why IS put children back in... but I still can't help but cringe knowing that they're are back.

To be honnest, that's not anything new.

I mean...

"Let's add a more difficult path, but adds Phoenix Mode so that newcommers still try it."

That's seriously worrying me that they can't chose between newcommers and Veteran, trying to please both, risking pleasing neither.

I'm far from a grumpy vet complaining about anything new, but the seemingly lack of direction for the serie is not reassuring.

Agreed.

...But again, they might as well just scream "shameless pandering".

It definitely seems like few are 100% happy with this announcement, even those who liked the marriage and child mechanics.

Pretty much what this guy said. IS seems to have trouble deciding what to do when the FE fanbase is now basically split between veterans and Awakening fans. I can understand this, as I think any company would have trouble figuring out what to do next in this sort of situation, but... Yeah.

The biggest thing I can say: the two things that made Awakening sell well were Casual Mode and Nintendo actually advertising it. I swear, virtually any other Fire Emblem game would have met with similiar success if it had Casual Mode and a marketing push.

New Mystery had a casual mode, but sold worse than Shadow Dragon in Japan itself.

I expected a marriage // S-support system, but not children;

though I'm honestly not going to complain, that system was what made them sell well overseas, so it's not too surprising for them to go the same route ?

oh well, I'm onboard with whatever this game has to offer ! ; U ;

on the other hand, I'm not too pleased with how Kamui's daughter looks, but that's just my early first impression

her hair looks like how mines does when i can't properly get it tied up, in a bad way ; m ;

her scarf thing is pretty cool though.

to me it seems like Fire Emblem is going through a big change, it almost died, and now it's stuck with the dilemma of making an enjoyable game for veterans while trying to bring in a new audience to continue to breath new life into the series, i feel like they're experimenting with a lot of things to create a new balance for the series, i feel (or at least i hope) that after this trial period fire emblem will balance itself out and be a game we all can enjoy, but i don't by any means feel the series is dead, and i feel like this is still going to be a fantastic game (well, at least for me it will be). in time i feel things will improve.

as for the kids, i don't have any big problems with them, to me it seems like that they will be brought in with some parellel world spirit magic thing, and i am perfectly okay with that, i do hope they wont be seriously involved in the story though.