Nintendo Dream leaks (Spoilers!!!!)

I agree, with the seals only changing the class and not the level, the children will be reduced to ests who have to kill weakened enemies for exp.

Attack stance should make levelling any character that can wield a weapon fairly easy. So at least they should have little trouble catching up.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attack stance should make levelling any character that can wield a weapon fairly easy. So at least they should have little trouble catching up.

I feel like an idiot for not knowing this, but is it confirmed that Attack Stance gives 1/3 of the XP to the second unit (like Awakening)?

Edited by The DanMan

I feel like an idiot for not knowing this, but is it confirmed that Attack Stance gives 1/3 of the XP to the second unit (like Awakening)?

That would make both of us idiots, because I don't know either. It gives XP to the supporting unit, that's for sure, but how much is difficult to say. From what we've seen, I'd say a third is a decent bet though.

Note that this only happens if that unit actually attacks apparently. If the enemy dies before it doesn't get anything. Take that with a grain of salt, there may be counterexamples.

Also not sure we know for guard stance yet.

Edited by Cysx

Why the hell do people think the children needed grinding in Awakening? If you've been training their parents, they should have good enough bases to get a few levels in their own paralogue. They have an internal level of 0, a displayed level of 10. They're combat ready from the moment you get them.

Why the hell do people think the children needed grinding in Awakening? If you've been training their parents, they should have good enough bases to get a few levels in their own paralogue. They have an internal level of 0, a displayed level of 10. They're combat ready from the moment you get them.

I have to grind S ranks at the very least. I can't use all the mothers and their partners and get them all to S rank at a reasonable time just going through the story. If I want the kids to have good skills that's more grinding.

This depends heavily on which child we're talking about. The harder paralogues (Nah, Inigo, and Gerome's come to mind) will be much harder than the kids can handle unless their parents are massively overlevelled.

EDIT: It's worth noting that most of my experience in this area is on Lunatic; I think this is still true on Hard though.

Edited by Skarthe

I have to grind S ranks at the very least. I can't use all the mothers and their partners and get them all to S rank at a reasonable time just going through the story. If I want the kids to have good skills that's more grinding.

You're not supposed to use them all. Having like 5 kids is entirely possible if you plan ahead of time.

This depends heavily on which child we're talking about. The harder paralogues (Nah, Inigo, and Gerome's come to mind) will be much harder than the kids can handle unless their parents are massively overlevelled.

EDIT: It's worth noting that most of my experience in this area is on Lunatic; I think this is still true on Hard though.

There's a lunatic efficiency run by a user named Miikaya of XeKr that uses Gerome. So long as you get them early enough, it's possible to train them. You can feed them a couple of kills in their paralogue, then either train them in another kid's paralogue or in the main campaign where the enemies are significantly weaker.

You're not supposed to use them all. Having like 5 kids is entirely possible if you plan ahead of time.

I know, but what I dislike is that I can't recruit them otherwise. Every other game (except Shadow Dragon, and I also dislike needing to sacrifice units there) lets you recruit everyone save maybe one or two characters in a single playthrough, going through the story regularly. I like recruiting everyone even if I don't use them, but Awakening makes it a chore.

Anyone else think it's strange that not!Tharja's name (Shara) doesn't sound Japanese at all, despite both of her parents coming from Hoshido?

Edited by Ryo

Anyone else think it's strange that not!Tharja's name (Shara) doesn't sound Japanese at all, despite both of her parents coming from Hoshido?

Well better yet, dark mages are Nohr only...

Although the ring on her wrist kinda implies that she's a spellcaster.

Edited by Cysx

I feel like they're really trying to appeal to all of their audience just in different ways. For newer fans/people who liked Awakening both old and new, marriage and kids are coming back with the addition of the face rubbing and Phoenix Mode. For the older fans/people who didn't like certain things in Awakening both old and new, we have a game that's supposedly harder, a revamp of the weapons triangle and new classes. If the kids aren't integral to the story, you can probably just not recruit them so it's not a big deal, but putting them in gives people the option just like Phoenix Mode does; people don't have to use it, it's there for others who might want to.

The issue is ofc how that kinda stuff affects the overall game - does Phoenix Mode/the face rubbing/kids returning have a big effect on the story at all and if it doesn't, then is it really justified to include it? Or should you spend that time on other things in the game? For IS, they probably feel like it's safer to just include it and then whoever doesn't like it can just ignore it. And I mean, looking at how people tend to operate, the people most likely to complain about things being included will still buy the game because they can ignore this stuff but the ones who might be mad that it's not there are probably more likely to skip it. In my experience anyway, it's easier to ignore stuff (especially if it turns out to be non-integral storywise) than it is to ignore that stuff you want is missing.

thank you kind sir for summing up exactly how I feel about this situation! i could not have put it better myself.

Edited by jessehyuga

I swear if you can marry your adopted siblings I'm done. That's hentai level BS and it would be the last straw.

You could marry AND have children with both Nowi or Nah. We hentai doujins a long time ago, man.

Top Left - Characters get married when they reach S-level support! Their children can join your ranks. To a certain extent pairings are limited, but let's meet the protagonist's child Kanna, and other children.

This is the one thing that is saving this whole thing for me. One of the faults that I know a lot of us didn't like about Awakening was the multitude of average support conversations between the mothers and fathers that didn't seem like there was a viable foundation for a relationship. If they're limiting the possible spouses, then it is far more likely that there will be a good basis for these pairings in support conversations.

However, I know that we have no idea what "limited" means here, as it could simply mean that the Avatar cannot pair up with his/her siblings. But, if they limited each character to only 4 or 5 possible spouses, I might tolerate be happy with this.

As for the children aspect, well.... I probably won't use them until at least endgame or my second go around on each route. I agree whole-heartedly with whoever said that including the children just seems to cheapen what the first generation is going through since it's their fight.

This is the one thing that is saving this whole thing for me. One of the faults that I know a lot of us didn't like about Awakening was the multitude of average support conversations between the mothers and fathers that didn't seem like there was a viable foundation for a relationship. If they're limiting the possible spouses, then it is far more likely that there will be a good basis for these pairings in support conversations.

However, I know that we have no idea what "limited" means here, as it could simply mean that the Avatar cannot pair up with his/her siblings. But, if they limited each character to only 4 or 5 possible spouses, I might tolerate be happy with this.

Yeah, I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. Supports were already "limited" in Awakening. They could just mean it's still the case that not everybody can support everybody.

I doubt there will be fewer support conversations in Fates, given how successful the mechanic was in Awakening. They're aiming to build on the last game, and fewer supports would be perceived as less content / fewer bonds between your units. My hope is that they keep it to a similar amount, and just improve on the quality so there's fewer half-baked or 6-10 line ones. Because unlocking supports is fun, even when they're not fantastic reads.

inb4 it was all an absurdly elaborate prank/illusion

I'm on the edge of my seat, even though I doubt it would even function so differently.

I believe Nintendo Dream is out, it doesn't have a digital version so somebody in Japan would have to care enough to scan it.

We got a few more bits of information from Dengeki though, check the Known Information thread.

Oh wow, Kanna's cloak...thing tied up like a scarf looks silly, yet somehow adorable.

Our daughter's a little dweeb is what she is. ... I want to hug her.

can anyone translate this?

HzueN3C.jpg

Translation under the cut - I didn't do the gold text but I can if you want

To a certain extent, you will be able to deepen the bonds between your comrades through “Support Conversations.” When the conversations for any of the 4 levels, C, B, A, or S are reached, the support level has risen, and the relationship between each character is deepened a step. Because ranks C to A can be achieved by combinations of companions and can be used to gain advantages in battle, you’ll want to frequently have conversations.

Takumi/Oboro caption - The contents of the conversations are different depending on the companions.
Top Pieri/Joker caption - Joker deals with Pieri a little coldly. Is he embarrassed?!
Bottom Pieri/Joker caption - How will Joker respond to Pieri’s selfish request?
You can deepen bonds which a variety of methods, and when the supports reach the highest rank, “S”, with opposite gendered characters, they can marry. Depending on the pairing, a child may be born who you can then recruit to fight with you.

First Kamui/Felicia caption - Felicia is a maid serving the main character. Just when in their time together did feelings evolve into love?!

Edited by Meltlilith