Fire Emblem Fates Skills Thread

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does the Puppet of a unit work? Does the unit die if the puppet die, or is it something you can safely suicide if need be?

Puppet and Unit are in fact one and the same. If one dies, so does the other. Basically, the benefit of a puppet is having one unit get two actions in two different locations.

Puppet and Unit are in fact one and the same. If one dies, so does the other. Basically, the benefit of a puppet is having one unit get two actions in two different locations.

wait? if the clone dies so does the original?

The puppet skill is still one of the best in the game, this drawback isn't bad. Just letting your unit have two actions in two areas is extremely powerful. healing or fighting? How about healing AND fighting? Did you need to finish off a unit, then have the clone swoop in and finish them off. It's still very powerful.

I read the description for copycat, it says it can be used once per map, does that mean only one character can use it once per map or each character can use it once per map?

sry if its been asked before

Edited by Raybrand

I read the description for copycat, it says it can be used once per map, does that mean only one character can use it once per map or each character can use it once per map?

sry if its been asked before

Each character can only use the skill once per map

How does Extravagance work? Does the unit have to carry one gold coin in his/her inventory? Do units get a command called "Spend" or something that activates the skill? If so I can see it being better than Line of Death despite the extra turn of set-up.

...and yes Grayspark, Hoshido and Flamboyant stack.

Edited by Leif

How does Extravagance work? Does the unit have to carry one gold coin in his/her inventory? Do units get a command called "Spend" or something that activates the skill? If so I can see it being better than Line of Death despite the extra turn of set-up.

Based on the enemies, it seems they have to carry the item with them and then expend it with a special attack command, like Cut Through. Unlike Line of Death, it doesn't work on the enemy phase, although of course Line of Death has downsides.

We need a Copycat Puppet pinned topic. Or just a FAQ : P

Actually, that would be really useful b/c I personally still have one or two questions about CCP that I don't want to flood the Skills thread with.

Based on the enemies, it seems they have to carry the item with them and then expend it with a special attack command, like Cut Through. Unlike Line of Death, it doesn't work on the enemy phase, although of course Line of Death has downsides.

It actives at the start of battle.

I think Extravagance and Line of Death work best together for PvP. A brave weapon and this strategy will OHKO any unit as long as both strikes hit. For units that fly or have horses, this is essentially a free kill.

However, for single player, Extravagance is much better.

Edited by Psyruby

Oh, I see how it works. So it only works once then? You use the special attack command then you're pretty much done with your bonus? I can see why Line of Death can be preferable too.

Oh, I see how it works. So it only works once then? You use the special attack command then you're pretty much done with your bonus? I can see why Line of Death can be preferable too.

Yes, each Golden Coin gives you one battle's worth of bonus.

Added Hoshidan skill costs

Also updated some skill descriptions thanks to feedback, etc.

DLC skills have no cost and the same flags as personal skills, so I can only assume they can't be bought.

Special Song has an extra flag too, which I'm guessing means it can't be inherited by kids. Would be funny to have everyone with Heathen Princess though.

Skill costs scale. I (tried) explained it here.

Can confirm you can't buy DLC class skills.

Something that surprises me is that Draconic Curse and Dragon Fang can be bought and used by kids that aren't a child of MU, or don't even have dragon blood in them. It seems like it doesn't quite make sense that they could use it, but oh well xD

Thanks, I added a disclaimer for now, until we have more data.

I love how IS is adding all these layers of complications : P

Oh, that is weirder I guess. Only other weird thing would be Kanna having Fox Spirit/Garou skills.

Was Paragon found in the data of the game? I'm just curious george because since the cap is 99, it'd take a while, probably.

It depends, I'm pretty sure you can still get 20~ exp per kill, so once you cap everything you can just throw your op unit into a map, end turn with full skip until clear, rinse and repeat. I.E. the same as before I guess.

And the Paragon data appears to be in the game, but who knows how it's supposed to be gotten. Or how important it will be, since 2x of 1 exp is still insignificant, so increasing the rate of exp gain might not help, or it might only be available too late

It depends, I'm pretty sure you can still get 20~ exp per kill, so once you cap everything you can just throw your op unit into a map, end turn with full skip until clear, rinse and repeat. I.E. the same as before I guess.

And the Paragon data appears to be in the game, but who knows how it's supposed to be gotten. Or how important it will be, since 2x of 1 exp is still insignificant, so increasing the rate of exp gain might not help, or it might only be available too late

That doesn't sound right at all; the Exp formula in Fates is actually really harsh, although it might not be as bad on Normal mode. With enough of a level advantage, I've had characters score kills and not get even a single point of Exp, and that was with regular ingame play. Unless Eternal Seals keep Exp from going down as much as it should at those levels, that's going to cause problems that even Paragon won't fix.

Edited by Othin

Skill costs scale. I (tried) explained it here.

Can confirm you can't buy DLC class skills.

Something that surprises me is that Draconic Curse and Dragon Fang can be bought and used by kids that aren't a child of MU, or don't even have dragon blood in them. It seems like it doesn't quite make sense that they could use it, but oh well xD

Speaking of, what are the DLC class skills again?

(Just so that I know what limits I have.)