Fire Emblem Fates Skills Thread

They stack if the inflicting unit has negative chain, but that's a bit of a drag and all

Makes me wonder if and when we'll see a playable release for skill items. I'd love to get Proximity Shot.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do Four Fangs, Deadly Breath, Snake Venom stack?

EDIT: I read somewhere that they do stack?!

So, what's the better skill from Elise to pass down to Midoriko? I'm leaning toward Deadly Breath because Midoriko has access to Snake Venom.. but Miracle seems tempting (Elise A+ Sakura)

Edited by KamuiSama

Since the forging mechanic is somewhat nerfed. Is getting Line of Death + *insert particulary weapon faire* + Extravagence a viable skill combination?

Of course, and the +25 damage means most units will ORKO almost any class you double. However, you burn a GC every time you get hit, so the set requires you have Easy Life and ideally the set should be placed on a one-weapon class who either is or is supporting Corrin so that they can use the Convoy.

The only problem I have with the set is how unecessary it all is. You can do massive damage to most units without having to manage uncommon resources like GCs. You don't want to put it on a 1-range unit who gets hit a lot because you'll burn through all your GCs, and putting it on a ranged unit who isn't getting hit on enemy phase is unnecessary because they can abuse Attack Stance or Line of Death without any of the other complications.

For raw damage, though? It's hilarious and the damage is unparalleled.

Edited by gayserbeam

Of course, and the +25 damage means most units will ORKO almost any class you double. However, you burn a GC every time you get hit, so the set requires you have Easy Life and ideally the set should be placed on a one-weapon class who either is or is supporting Corrin so that they can use the Convoy.

The only problem I have with the set is how unecessary it all is. You can do massive damage to most units without having to manage uncommon resources like GCs. You don't want to put it on a 1-range unit who gets hit a lot because you'll burn through all your GCs, and putting it on a ranged unit who isn't getting hit on enemy phase is unnecessary because they can abuse Attack Stance or Line of Death without any of the other complications.

For raw damage, though? It's hilarious and the damage is unparalleled.

Lol, I thought the Extravagance effect is permanent until you finish the map and you can spend the GC at your own will. So how does the Extravagance effect actually trigger then? Does it only trigger when a character get struck or when you initiate the attack on the enemy unit?

The reason I find Extravagance/Line of Death/weaponfaire combo to be OP because Line of Death causes your unit to deal and take 10 more damage while Extravagance reduces the damage by 10 and increase your damage by 10. This means that you get 25 free damage with the Line of Death damage penalty negated.

Lol, I thought the Extravagance effect is permanent until you finish the map and you can spend the GC at your own will. So how does the Extravagance effect actually trigger then? Does it only trigger when a character get struck or when you initiate the attack on the enemy unit?

The reason I find Extravagance/Line of Death/weaponfaire combo to be OP because Line of Death causes your unit to deal and take 10 more damage while Extravagance reduces the damage by 10 and increase your damage by 10. This means that you get 25 free damage with the Line of Death damage penalty negated.

I'm assuming it's when entering battle with a Golden Coin in your inventory.

I'm assuming it's when entering battle with a Golden Coin in your inventory.

It's triggered by using a button command before attacking similar to how Gamble is triggered in Radiant Dawn.

EDIT: Whoops, apparently I'm wrong :'(

Edited by Deallocate

It's triggered by using a button command before attacking similar to how Gamble is triggered in Radiant Dawn.

Oh... That was my second assumption.

EDIT: Nevermind then.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

This is false; it's automatic. If you have a Gold Coin in your inventory, it's immediately spent when a battle is activated on Player Phase. You don't have a choice.

The skill has no effect on enemy phase or when the user is the support unit in Attack Stance.

Which skill is better for Pieri!Soleil, Counter or Magical Counter?

Well she already gets Aegis, high natural RES growth, and access to high-RES classes like Paladin and Ninja, so Magic Counter isn't really worth it as you'll be more than equipped to deal with mages. Counter is a decent idea as it will activate much more frequently.

Although, if you're dipping into Oni Savage or War Priestess, I'd argue that Ogre Strike and Renewal are more useful than either counter skill.

Well she already gets Aegis, high natural RES growth, and access to high-RES classes like Paladin and Ninja, so Magic Counter isn't really worth it as you'll be more than equipped to deal with mages. Counter is a decent idea as it will activate much more frequently.

Although, if you're dipping into Oni Savage or War Priestess, I'd argue that Ogre Strike and Renewal are more useful than either counter skill.

I want her to be...

Pieri's daughter (maybe inherit son Dark mage tree skill...)

Lazward's daughter (with Odin as buddy, another dark mage skill... haha)

Avatar's wife (I don't know what secondary class put on him)

Mitama's buddy (Priestess skills)

so.. she is going to have Mercenary, Ninja, Cavalier, Priestess and [Avatar secondary class]

I want to put on her Lethality, Sol/Lifetaker, Miracle, Luna/Vengance and I don't know what other skill put on her

Edited by luis_lara12345

I want her to be...

Pieri's daughter (maybe inherit son Dark mage tree skill...)

Lazward's daughter (with Odin as buddy, another dark mage skill... haha)

Avatar's wife (I don't know what secondary class put on him)

Mitama's buddy (Priestess skills)

so.. she is going to have Mercenary, Ninja, Cavalier, Priestess and [Avatar secondary class]

I want to put on her Lethality, Sol/Lifetaker, Miracle, Luna/Vengance and I don't know what other skill put on her

I did Pieri!Soleil, I think you can pass Axefaire from Lazward A+ Harold, and Lifetaker from Pieri. She can get Renewal from A+ Mitama and maybe Samurai class from Avatar? Because Samurai has many good skills, Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire, Line of Death, and Flowing Strike.

I did Pieri!Soleil, I think you can pass Axefaire from Lazward A+ Harold, and Lifetaker from Pieri. She can get Renewal from A+ Mitama and maybe Samurai class from Avatar? Because Samurai has many good skills, Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire, Line of Death, and Flowing Strike.

Which skill is better for she, Swordfaire or Axefaire ? I'm thinking in Axefaire because there are to many Sword users, what do you think about Lethality and Miracle? Or I should put on her another better skills, is Galeforce a good option? Edited by luis_lara12345

Which skill is better for she, Swordfaire or Axefaire ? I'm thinking in Axefaire because there are to many Sword users, what do you think about Lethality and Miracle? Or I should put on her another better skills, is Galeforce a good option?

I wouldn't spend a Dark Falcon Wing on a unit for one skill, especially when other units can actually use the class more effectively.

If you already have too many sword users, give her Axefaire, or vice versa. It doesn't really matter because Soleil will gain both sword and axe weapon EXP when she uses the Child Seal to promote to Hero. Note, though, that in the setup you have, Soleil's only Axe-using classes are Great Knight and Hero, who can't use A-rank axes. Having Swordfaire instead will let you get a damage boost for the useful Brave Sword and Warrior Katana. Brave Weapons benefit more from -Faire skills than normal weapons do, and axes have high might anyway.

I wouldn't spend a Dark Falcon Wing on a unit for one skill, especially when other units can actually use the class more effectively.

If you already have too many sword users, give her Axefaire, or vice versa. It doesn't really matter because Soleil will gain both sword and axe weapon EXP when she uses the Child Seal to promote to Hero. Note, though, that in the setup you have, Soleil's only Axe-using classes are Great Knight and Hero, who can't use A-rank axes. Having Swordfaire instead will let you get a damage boost for the useful Brave Sword and Warrior Katana. Brave Weapons benefit more from -Faire skills than normal weapons do, and axes have high might anyway.

How good is Brave Axe or warrior club? Both are A rank

Don't worry about Dark Flier, I want to buy the DLC "Battle for the best Royal" if I win with any Nohr sibling they give me a Dark Falcon wing :)

How good is Brave Axe or warrior club? Both are A rank

Don't worry about Dark Flier, I want to buy the DLC "Battle for the best Royal" if I win with any Nohr sibling they give me a Dark Falcon wing :)

Brave Axe and Warrior Club are just as good as the sword equivalents, but Soleil can't use them at all unless she is a Shura, Blacksmith, Berserker, Wyvern Lord or Revenant Knight.

In that case, you'd have to make Corrin's Secondary Class Oni Savage to give Soleil Blacksmith/Shura. It is a waste to make your Secondary Fighter because you can just get it from Harold early on.

Swordfaire would just be a little simpler to take advantage of, is all.

Brave Axe and Warrior Club are just as good as the sword equivalents, but Soleil can't use them at all unless she is a Shura, Blacksmith, Berserker, Wyvern Lord or Revenant Knight.

In that case, you'd have to make Corrin's Secondary Class Oni Savage to give Soleil Blacksmith/Shura. It is a waste to make your Secondary Fighter because you can just get it from Harold early on.

Swordfaire would just be a little simpler to take advantage of, is all.

I'm talking in post-game or final chapters to give her good inherited skills

I forgot Hero class only got B level in axes:/ then I have to think about another character to give him/her axes (maybe Charlotte!Gurei) thanks for all the help with Soleil, she is my favorite character in Fates

Edit: is Camillas Sexy-axe good?

Edited by luis_lara12345